Start by marking “Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lies We Keep (Pieces of Me, #1)

Lies We Keep

(Pieces of Me #1)

When your soul shatters, how will you pick up the pieces?

Jezebel Tate’s writing career has reached success few experience, but when the light of fame shines too bright, Jezebel is cast back into the shadows, where she’s forced to ask herself what happens when admiration becomes obsession.

Published May 14th 2019 by Waterhouse Press

To ask other readers questions about Lies We Keep, please sign up.

Antonella
Lies We Keep is a first book by this author for me.
At the start I was attracted to the story by this beautiful cover and the beginning of the book was very promising but soon I stated to feel kind of off putting by heroine and her behavior. So heroine is a writer who has a stalker and it is in very serious situation with everything and the threats that said stalker sends her and in a need of a bodyguard. So at the beginning of the book we see her and her agent interviewing men for the position.
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Jezebel hires bodyguard James Blakely to protect her from a stalker. Instant heat and chemistry bring this story to life. I really enjoyed the suspense aspect to the story. Danielle had me drawling over her descriptions of the sexy god that is Blakley.

Jezebel’s character took some warming up for me, but I feel there is more to her than we hear about, so I am hoping more comes to light in book two with her.

Danielle Rose is a new author for me and I like her writing style, it is well written and
Michele
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm all about sexy bodyguard books. "Lies We Keep" definitely delivers in the hot bodyguard department with James Blakely. Jezebel, a young author who is being stalked, agrees to hire him as her bodyguard. It is obvious that Blakely is carrying around some significant baggage but he won't discuss it. Blakely interviews with Jezebel and is the first one that she has felt comfortable with. Of course, it doesn't hurt that she is attracted to him as well.

There is an undeniable push and pull between
Bozena
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is my first book by this author and I loved every second of it ❣
I love how the story begins 😍
From the first page you are immediately in the story and Jezebels world or better said her head (her very visual imagination 🤭).
This book describes the ugly side of the celebrity life.
It describes what being a famous writer means from the unpleasant side.
Jezebel Tate is a writer who loves to write and she has a gift, that makes writing very easy for her. She is famous for her sexy cowboy books and w
Naughty Mom Story Time
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
For a quick read, Jezebel and James’ story had all the elements for a wonderful story.

I absolutely loved Jezebel. She was bold and confident and went after what she wanted. And in her story she wanted James. What started out as an itch to scratch with her new sexy bodyguard turned into something much more. This alpha female found an alpha male to curl her toes and win her heart.

It was sexy, suspenseful and through it all Jez remained true to herself and no matter her circumstance she never bec
Cheree Castellanos Edits
What a ride! Jezebel is an author who has done pretty well for herself. She has been through a lot in the few years she has been writing, and a crazy man has taken notice. So with the help of her BFF and publicist, she hires a bodyguard. A very hot bodyguard the Jez knew right away she had a connection with.
The attraction is too much, and they have an impossible time resisting each other, but James Blakely is there for a reason and has a job to do, he can't let himself get distracted.
The chemist
Coco.V
Mar 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/11/2018)!💝

Blurb:
When your soul shatters, how will you pick up the pieces?

James Blakely is running from his past. A broken man haunted by a deadly mistake, James reluctantly accepts a position as Miss Tate’s private security and finds himsel
Karlee
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both Jezebel and James are running from their past but fate has seemed to brought them together. With a stalker getting closer to Jezebel, she decides to hire a bodyguard per her best friend Tara's request. When James walks in for the interview, Jezebel knows instantly he will be the one to keep her safe. But a simple hookup isn't just simple the two start to develop feelings but neither wants to admit it. It isn't until the stalker is too close to comfort with death on the line they realize the ...more
Heather 123
Great premise for the book, but I don't think it was well developed.

Famous writer who is dealing with a stalker needs protection so she and her assistant decide to hire security. After to many failed interviews, Jezebel makes her decision for her new body guard based on looks alone. She's so attracted to this guy that she decides to hire him on the spot without even waiting for his clearances to come back. Then when she runs into him outside of the interview, she invites him back to her apartme
Narrative Ink Reviews
Danielle Rose’s newest novel, Lies We Keep, is her first venture into romance after completing the supernatural Blood Books trilogy, and it may be her finest work yet. Rose brings her infallible instinct for edge-of-your-seat stories to a new genre. This book has elements of all the best fiction: superb writing, a page-turning plot, complex characters, humor, romance, sex, danger, and a killer voice. Though at its heart, this book is a love story, it has all the nail-biting suspense Rose is know ...more
Kavita Kumar-Karthik
ok, Damn ! What a start to the book ! I am already excited and grinning like a fool. I love Jezebel Tate's I-will-take-what-I-want attitude. And while we've read this trait in so many alpha males, it is refreshing to reading it from a woman's POV. And double damn if her mouth watering experience of setting her eyes on the drool worthy James Blakely, doesn't make my mouth water !! Right, so now I am all pumped up to see these two locking horns..

Coming back to the plot, not much of originality to
Lucy Gardiner
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Lies we keep story based in Manhattan about a romance writer called Jezebel who is being stalked by a man so she has to hire an ex army body guard James Blakely for her own safety.

James is gorgeous, Jez is instantly attracted to him. I wish the tension was allowed to build on this a bit more felt a little bit rushed to me. The first kiss happened really early on for I always prefer more of a build up to this.

Like that Jez describes herself as an alpha female I don’t think there’s enough of th
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, beta-arc
The chemistry between Jezebel and James is scorching hot from the moment they meet. I was drawn to the story based in their interaction alone.
When the element of danger is thrown into the mix, with the mystery of who the stalker could be, there wasn't a chance of going to sleep until I finished the book.
Both of the main characters have lost their family, so there's an underlying connection between them. Lies We Keep focuses on Jezebel's past, and how it's affected her daily life ever since.
With
Kat
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway, and I'm so happy I did! Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. The story was very fast-paced and was about a woman who knew what she wanted and was very confident in getting it. There are too few books that star a woman who takes charge, knows the greatness she brings to the table, and isn't afraid of her sexuality, and Danielle Rose did it really well. There were more sexy scenes than I expected, but Ms. Rose also had incredible delivery with ...more
Dorothy Sobota
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read by this author and definitely not the last. This was a fast read, with a well written plot, plenty of sexy scenes and full of suspense. The connection between Jez and James was instant with plenty of heat. Highly recommend this book.
Samantha
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Jezebel is such an interesting character. She is so strong in the face of something so scary.( I won't spoil it for you). Blakley is a sexy man who comes into Jezebels life, right when she needs him. Can they keep each other safe and finally open up about the dark secrets that haunt them? This book has romance, sex, hidden secrets and frightening ordeals. I recommend you read this book!
Sarah Blanchard
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great story! Two shattered souls coming together! My first read by Danielle Rose and it won’t be my last!
Debbie Clark
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is my first Danielle Rose book and all I can say is WOW. Awesome characters. Amazing story. Wonderfully written. You really get into the mind of Jezebel Tate an author who likes to live a quiet life. A stalker is what brings her to meet James Blakey. I love how forward Jezebel is towards James. I love the interactions between them. Jezebel’s friend Tara is a great secondary character. The ending of this story is action packed. Absolutely loved Lies We Keep.
TheSassyNerdBlog
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay wow, how had I not known of this author until now?? What an awesome read.

So Danielle Rose is a new author to me, and I wasn’t sure what to expect going into this book, and I was pleasantly surprised, I really enjoyed it. From chapter one I was pulled in and totally captivated, needing to know what the hell was going on.

Is Lies We Keep, we have James and Jezebel, James a bodyguard and Jezebel a young author. When Jezebel discovers she has a stalker she has no choice than to hire someone to
Up All Night With Books
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five gloriously wonderful stars!
Review by Angelique
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Forgiveness, love, happiness and tragedy comes to light in the first installment of the Pieces of Me series, Lies We Keep by USA Today bestselling author Danielle Rose.

We first meet Jezebel Tate, a successful author who seems to be at the top of her career and living a life that some only dream about. But things are never quite as good as it seems. The thing is, that even with her successful career a
Mcf1nder_sk
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everybody has a favorite author, based on what genre you read. For a good horror novel, I've followed Stephen King for 40+ years. For sci-fi/fantasy, Isaac Asimov has been my go-to read since I learned to read. There is always one author that has specialized in a specific genre, but the game has changed.
Danielle Rose is an author I've followed since I discovered her supernatural series Blood Rose, involving witches and vampires. Rose spread her wings with the fantastic horror short story Her.
Sparkymom
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first experience with Danielle Rose. I chose this book at first because the cover caught my attention. The story focuses on James and Jezebel (didn't love the name). Jezebel's need for a bodyguard brings her in contact with James. We don't get a ton of info on James. The next book is his POV, so I'm assuming we will get more there. We just know he is former military recently turned civilian. Jezebel is a famous author with a healthy sexual appetite and no qualms about asking for and ...more
Belle's Book Labyrinth
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romance Thriller!

Danielle Rose is a new author to me and the blurb for this duet caught my attention. Lies We Keep is book one of the duet where we get to know Jezebel. Being a well-known author, she tries to keep herself out of the spotlight and ends up getting caught in a stalker’s web. Afraid, she hires James as her bodyguard. Did I mention that he is sexy as sin?

James can’t help but to be attracted to Jezebel, however, he does not want to mix his job and keeps trying to deflect her advances.
Jennifer Pierson
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jezebel is an author with a stalker, so she needs a bodyguard immediately, though she's not giving off the impression that she's taking the situation as seriously as she should. So she agrees to hire James, not because he's the right guy for the job per se, but because she wants him badly. So yeah, she didn't come off too well for me despite being in one of my favorite jobs, an author. Now James is guarding her, and fending off her advances for some pages, as she's determined to get him into bed ...more
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
The Author & The Bodyguard ... Perfect

This is the first time I've read a book by Danielle Rose and I found her story to be an intriguing one. A popular author is the victim of a stalker and hires a bodyguard to protect her. However, there is more to both the author and the bodyguard than what appears on the surface.

Jezebel Tate and James Blakely ... all i can say are exceedingly hot and instant chemistry. From the moment he walks in for his interview all Jez wants to do is bed the man!!!! Wh
Yahaira
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
o the Arc was provided to me in exchange for an honest review so here is goes... this is my first book by this author and at first glance i thought it was a must have. I mean look at that cover right. She has a way with words however i didnt think it was as eventful as i would of liked. Its definitely got a LOT of steam amd erotica. James is swoon worthy and Jez is admirable. However the start of the book gets you real invested. You start page turning like the books on fire and you want to put i ...more
Sissy Johnson
Jez and Blakely is my new power couple

Oh my!! Danielle Rose what have you done to me. Lies We Keep has kept me on an emotional rollcoaster since I began chapter one.

Jezebel's and Blakely's (I know his name is James but I am like Jez. I like calling him Blakely) relationship is suppose to be all professional. However, when Jez sets her sights on her new bodyguard's assests, sparks begin to immediately fly. Though Blakely keeps protecting Jez and trying to deflect her and their budding romance,
Rady Reads
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all a thank you to Waterhouse Press and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of this title.

The book was my very first by Danielle Rose and I have  to say I was hooked quite since I discovered it and read the blurb. And let me tell you, the cover..oh so gorgeous, right?

The story was great, insta lust at fast pace with lots of hurdles in between. Both main characters were damaged bc of their past.

Jezebel, young attractive and succesfull author has never cared about her famous status,
Terry
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sizzling hot read!

Jezebel is a bestselling author who is a recluse because of the stalker who has been haunting her. Her best friend pushes her into hiring a bodyguard so that she can at least leave her apartment. When James shows up for an interview, Jezebel is immediately attracted to him and hires him on the spot. James is fighting this attraction that he has for his new boss, but she is making it really hard for him to resist. Can two broken people make a whole life together?

I could just fee
Sophia B
I don't think the synopsis does this book justice, it makes it sound so basic but it had so many layers to unpeel! So much happened, and while some of it may have been predictable there were still so many twists and turns along the way. Jezebel never realized how much being a writer would put her in the spotlight. She just wanted to remain inconspicuous so she wrote under a pen name and rarely did interviews. Somehow that didn't stop her stalker from finding her, requiring her to hire a bodyguar ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dubbed a "triple threat" by readers, Danielle Rose dabbles in many genres, including romance, fantasy, and suspense. The USA Today bestselling author holds a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Southern Maine.

For more information about Danielle Rose, visit her website: www.droseauthor.com.

Pieces of Me (2 books)
  • Truth We Bear (Pieces of Me, #2)