Start by marking “Shelter from the Storm (North Country Amish #2)” as Want to Read:
Shelter from the Storm (North Country Amish #2)

Shelter from the Storm

(North Country Amish #2)

An Amish marriage of convenience
A new
North Country Amish novel

Published September 1st 2019 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Shelter from the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shelter from the Storm

Bethany
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelter from the Storm is a sweet, feel-good Amish romance with a marriage of convenience plot. I wasn't sure what to expect as this isn't my typical genre, but I found myself really enjoying the relationship between Gemma (facing the shame of pregancy as an unmarried woman in a very religious community) and Jesse (a big, kind man and her former teenage crush). They develop a wonderful friendship and he agrees to marry her despite not being the baby's biological father. Gemma is both sassy and k ...more
Dianne
As usual, Patricia Davids hits the right notes with this new book. She happens to be an excellent author of Amish fiction/romance - she is 'teachy without being preachy'!

This was one of the most unusual stories I've read in the Amish genre but not untypical -a couple thrown into a dangerous situation that pushes them into the correct direction. A marriage that may or may not be of convenience, that naturally turns into something more. A life or death situation.

All of these above buttons are push
Pam Graber
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unmarried and pregnant, two words that shouldn't be in any Amish girl's vocabulary, but these are Gemma Lapp's reality. She has two choices, go home to the support of her family and the possible condemnation of her church, or travel to live with distant relatives and give her baby up for adoption. While neither is a good option, she knows her family loves her and will want what is best for both her and her baby. When her travel plans for the final leg of her journey fall through, she is forced t ...more
Lori
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this little story because of the way the Amish treated Gemma after she came back from Florida. I loved it because they usually shun someone for that kind of transgressions and this community didn't. I instead they showed her love. I liked that.
I snickered at something that was said at the beginning because it was the way she put it. It really wasn't funny because I know how words can hurt. All can be forgiven but mean words like that that can't be forgotten.
I like the theme of forgiven
Books and Spoons
An inspirational, sweet, and even humorous story of new beginnings, new chances, and trusting the Lord's guidance.
I'm fascinated by the Amish lifestyle, their strong sense of community and culture, their unwavering faith in God and in their leaders, as well as the minimalistic way they choose to live. All these aspects are well represented in this story, in the mix of the drama and romance. I was thrilled of the bits of humor the author had inserted into the otherwise so serious matters.
The pr
Maureen Timerman
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I enjoyed this different Amish read, it was not what I usually find in reading about Plain folks, but from beginning to end the author kept my attention, and kept me guessing.
First, we have danger from a blizzard and cold, I could just see the sled used in the rescue. Then we have the, tongue in cheek, delicious survival food, but such ingenuity, I never would have thought!
We get to see forgiveness, and acceptance, along with some solutions, but the story doesn’t stop there, and we get to meet H
Heather 123
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great, feel good story. It's not unusual to read an Amish romance book where the female character returns home pregnant. What I found different though was Jesse's character. I enjoyed the growth his character showed and the slow developing romance.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
Susan
Good combination of a second chance romance with an enemies-to-lovers story. Gemma and Jesse have an awkward history. Eighteen months earlier Gemma had made a pest of herself, flirting with Jesse and following him everywhere. Envious of her married friends, she chose Jesse as the most likely candidate for her husband. Jesse wasn't interested. Eight years older than Gemma, with a difficult past, Jesse saw her as spoiled. When Gemma took the untraditional route of suggesting marriage to him, Jesse ...more
Emma
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelter from the Storm by Patricia Davids
Miniseries: North Country Amish
An Amish marriage of convenience
A new North Country Amish novel
Secretly pregnant and unwed, Gemma Lapp has a difficult choice—face her Amish community or raise her baby alone. But when a storm strands Gemma in the wilderness with her former crush, Jesse Crump, she knows her secret won’t be safe for long. Gemma can’t imagine trusting a man again…until Jesse proposes a marriage of convenience. Could their arrangement lead to l
Olivia
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
SHELTER FROM THE STORM is a sweet Amish romance. Gemma Lapp left Maine for Florida a year ago, and now she is returning to her family and the friends she left behind. She is carrying a secret, a pregnancy out of wedlock and the burden of shame which she feels. On her way back to her parents, she finds the Amish man she had proposed to a year earlier- and been turned down- who offers to help her get back into town. Their journey does not go as planned, and a storm strands them for a few days toge ...more
Jessica Figueroa
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, arc, romance, netgally
So to be honest I'm not must of a fan with Amish community characters, never really considered why but many times I find the books tend to be dull. I was giving the book so I figured I'd give the book a fair chance and check it out. With that in mind I found this book pretty good, not something I'd read again but it was pretty good. I liked the characters and seeing their past a bit when it comes to the two and their brief history. Then there's the wondering what going to become of Gemma and her ...more
Beverly Cvercko
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoy this book!!
Gemma and Jesse were the best characters I have read about in a long time. Loved the adventure they went on and everything about this book.
And loved the ending!!!
Ms Davids makes this book actually come alive in your hands, you feel what the characters are feeling with every chapter.
I am so happy to see that there will be more in this series and I will be the first to order each one.
Oh, I wish I had the talent that this writer has in story telling, but since I don't I will e
Lovely Loveday
Shelter from the Storm is the second book in the North Country Amish series by Patricia Davids. A sweet, feel-good romance that is sure to sweep you off your feet. While this is part of the North Country Amish series, it can easily be read as a standalone novel. Shelter from the Storm is a lovely read full of hope and love.
Crystal Gray
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
An unwed, secretly pregnant Amish woman. How much more unpredictable can you get!?!? Gemma was in a bind, and one disaster after another followed her home. Jesse and Gemma had to fight to survive during the storm. I loved it.

I was not expecting anything that happened after that. I love this small community, and enjoyed seeing it grow. I can't wait for more in this series.
Annette Rene
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put this book down. Every time I finished a chapter I tried to go to sleep but I just had to see how the story of Jemma and the Jesse played out. This book will captivate you from page 1. Well done Patricia Davids.
Harlequin Books
Categories
Inspirational Romance, Amish & Mennonite, Contemporary Romance, Wholesome Romance

Miniseries
North Country Amish
Harlequin Books
Categories

Miniseries
North Country Amish
Tambra
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book. Could not put it down, Loved it. I love Amish books and Patricia is my one go to for Amish books. I never read the back cover, if its new and its her book, I buy it. Love her books.
Ash Luna
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelter from the Storm is a wonderful Amish romance, I meet Gemma Lapp who has to make one of the toughest decisions of her life, until she comes upon Jesse Crump. The two have strong faith and from there the love blossoms. A wonderful Sunday afternoon read!
Patty Champion
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I liked how Gemma and jessie overcome their adversity to become friends and then fall in love. It is nice to read a book that is clean and without a lot of swaer words.

I highly recommend this book book. Thank you Harlequin and Netgalley for allowing me to read this title for an honest review.
Michelle Lindo-Rice
I love a story of forgiveness and second chances! Shelter from the Storm was an inspiring read. Gemma finds herself pregnant by a man who refused to stand by her. Jesse decides to offer her a marriage of convenience. But, will they find love in the process? I loved to see the characters journey and my heart smiled because of this story.
Favorite quotes: "A real friend helps you see your choices. They don't make those choices for you."
"He will help you bear whatever comes into your life if you ope
Cynthia
Pam Graber
Aug 23, 2019
Beverly
Jul 12, 2019
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from

North Country Amish (3 books)
  • An Amish Wife for Christmas (North Country Amish #1)
  • The Amish Teacher's Dilemma (North Country Amish #3)