Start by marking “Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)

Her Royal Highness

(Royals #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  18,147 ratings  ·  3,283 reviews
Millie Quint is er kapot van als haar vriendin met een ander zoent. Omdat ze de gedachte om elke dag met haar ex geconfronteerd te worden niet kan verdragen, besluit Millie om beurzen aan te vragen voor prestigieuze scholen. Hoe verder van Houston, hoe beter.
Millie kan haar geluk niet op als ze wordt toegelaten tot een van de meest exclusieve scholen ter wereld in de Scho
Published June 28th 2019 by Best of YA (first published May 7th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Her Royal Highness, please sign up.
Lemontort I read this one without even realizing that it was a companion novel, so I really don't think you need to read the first one to understand this one.…moreI read this one without even realizing that it was a companion novel, so I really don't think you need to read the first one to understand this one.(less)
Izy Technically, it's the second book of the series. However, you don't need to read the first book or even know about the first to understand this one. …moreTechnically, it's the second book of the series. However, you don't need to read the first book or even know about the first to understand this one. (less)

·  18,147 ratings  ·  3,283 reviews

Start your review of Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
✨    jay   ✨
you hetero bitches have been getting "I'm falling in love with a man whoops turns out he's a prince" stories for YEARS and finally, finally us sapphics got ours.

“...No, what surprises me is the sudden, jolting, and undeniable realization that even I didn’t want to, I’ve fallen for an actual princess.”

THIS WAS SO FREAKIN CUTE. I was pretty much just expecting an easy, fluffy, sweet read about girls in love and THAT IS WHAT I GOT. I loved the boarding school setting and the set-up of the rela
chai ♡
I really thought I didn’t like contemporary romance but turns out I was just bored of reading about straight people pulling the same shit over and over again and I’m definitely here for the concept of “falling in love with your royal classmate in boarding school BUT MAKE IT GAY
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was SO CUTE and I am SO GAY.
may ➹
It’s all fun and gaymes until you realize you could have have rewritten approximately a third of the book, and it would have ended up 5x better, despite not even being a half-decent writer.

The issue with this book is that the pacing is completely off. I honestly would have rated it higher if the pacing hadn’t been so weird and janky, because it’s a fluffy book that you could simply have a lot of fun reading. But my slight enjoyment of the book couldn’t compete with how there’s pretty much zero d
Joel Rochester
edit: I wanted to add that if you just want an easy to read sapphic romance with a HEA, then this book fits that bill perfectly!

Between the lack of character development, plot development, world-building, pacing, research into scottish & wider british culture, and a lackluster romance - I just couldn't help but feel disappointed by this.

Flora and Saks were literally the only two interesting and slightly developed characters. Millie just spent the entire novel either gushing over Scotland (borde
Riley
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, sapphic-read
this was so cute i am dead
Silvia
🌈 Full review now posted!

4.5 royally sapphic stars

I devoured this book on audio in basically a day and oh my god, friends. There is a very specific emotion that us sapphic girls feel when presented with good sapphic content in fiction, and depending on our tastes in terms of tropes and genres, different sapphic books will hit us differently. The feeling I got from this book was one of pure joy from getting a royal romance, usually reserved for a girl falling in love with a prince, starring t
Whitney Atkinson

wouldnt it be cool if i went to a boarding school and had a princess fall in love with me hahaha.... just kidding....... unless??

I knew within 50 pages this book was going to get a high rating. Like I said about Prince Charming, the first book, this series is so feel-good and upbeat and addicting to read. Millie and Flora's camaraderie and hate to love romance was *chefs kiss* FROM THE GODS and their development, though contained in a short novel, was still spectacularly drawn out.

My o
Natasha
i'm sad to dnf this but i really really don't like the writing rip ...more
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: bi mc, lesbian li

every sapphic girl deserves to fall for a princess, thanks for agreeing

anyway, someone tell hawkins you gotta actually develop your characters before you throw in the angst and you can't do that at the very end bc pacing does matter
Christy
4 stars

photo IMG_5683_zpsrahsmkqe.jpg

This book was so adorable. It gave me so many happy feels. This is my first book by Rachel Hawkins, but now I most definitely want to read the first in the series.

This story follows Millie Quint, a high school senior from Texas. After she sees her bff she's kind of been dating kissing her ex, she is more than ready to get out of Texas for her last year of high school. She has an awesome opportunity to go to a school in Scotland and she takes it. The unbelievable happens... Millie is
chan ☆
oadsfjgofjd lass

yeah too lazy to think of a clever tagline but this was cute! i adored the setting and the overall ~mood~ of this book. i felt like i was in scotland and for that, this book gets 3 stars. but there were a few things that bugged me.

- the audiobook narrator's deep south accent for a houstonian (sorry bro we don't sound like that)
- the beginning of the book
- the mc's motivations

idk, my biggest issue was that the things i was supposed to deeply care about, and the things that MC shou
April (Aprilius Maximus)
1.) Prince Charming ★★★★★
2.) Her Royal Highness ★★★★.5

-----------------------------------------------

THIS WAS SO CUTE. I just wish there was a little bit more at the end!!! I wanted an epilogue SO BAD!
unknown pokemon
⭐️⭐️⭐️ cheesy stars

description

I liked the lesbian rep and love story but it wasn’t remarkable in any way. I felt like the characters were decently crafted but not explored as deeply as they could have been. The cuteness was there but I didn't really feel a romantic connection between the characters, therefore, I didn't really ship it.

The rest of the characters blur in my mind, which shows how poorly developed and used they were.

The romantic plot was pretty straightforward and classic, so no surprises ther
Lauren Lanz
A sapphic, Scottish, royal roommate romance… the synopsis for Her Royal Highness reminded me vaguely of Red White & Royal Blue, and so who was I to wait? I had to jump on this immediately (especially during pride month!!)

While this wasn’t the most sophisticated or well developed story, it was a quick and admittedly fun read that doesn’t require much thought—just what I needed!

~★~ What is this book about? ~★~

When Millie catches her girlfriend cheating on her at the end of senior year, she’s d
Trina (Between Chapters)
Cute story. Enjoyed Flora much more than I expected I would from the TINY bit we saw of her in the first book. The scene where the main character from this book meets the main character of book 1 was great! These books worked really well as companions and I hope there are more in the series!

Audiobook: 5 stars. The narrator had excellent accents (Texan and Scottish) and switched between them flawlessly. She read with personality and emotion. Exactly what an audiobook performance should be.

tw: che
Nashita

Buddy read with Naomi💖

⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 stars

You find someone. you fall in love. And turns out he is a PRINCE
*Gasp*
Yeah no.

You find someone, you fall in love. And turns out, SHE is a princess. HELL YES.

Her Royal Highness is a cute, fluffy and absolutely adorable story about two girls who meet in a creepy boarding school and fall in love.

I absolutely loved this sto
Davina Herondale
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
11. June 2019

that moment you realize teenagers have more of a love life than you do

God damn, this was so cute

Rachel Hawkins could write, like, 6 more stories in this setting and I would buy them ALL.

Flora and Millie? S'CUTE iltsm

Now i'm casually waiting for her to announce the Sebastian story bc my bb boi deserves so much also

I need more of Daisy and Miles

I want a story for Elle and Alex and how they met

ugh I love this anthology of stories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20. April. 2019

Big shout ou
Eileen
* so sorry, but I still had a few things to add *

I read this because it was advertised to be gay as fuck. When did I get that? After 85% of the book was over.

◇◇◇

Things I didn't like:
• I thought this book was about Milly wanting to go to the boarding school because of her love for geology? That it had some fancy geology program or something? After Milly gets there, geology is never mentioned again, aside from talking about the decor rocks she keeps in her room. I'm really sick of authors giving
h o l l i s
Listen, HER ROYAL HIGHNESS is not just a lovely sapphic royal contemporary but it's also.. fun. I thought this of the first in the Royals series, too. Are they perfect books? No. Infact, I thought the mini breakup in this one to be.. not awesome, both a little sloppy and too out of nowhere, but that doesn't negate all the warm fuzzies and overall entertainment, and did I mention fun, that it provided. And I needed some (a lot) of fun, so, #winning.

"Millie, you know this is just a school, right?
tappkalina
I don't want to be rude, but Rachel Hawkins has a boring writing style, she gives me zero emotions and her characters are flat. I read 3 of her books already, so it's not only this one.
I read Royals just so I could read this, but honestly, Royals was better.
Haya
NSNSJJSKSKWKEEKEKEKEKWKWKJEIEJEJE I LOVE THIS SO MUCH PLS
ellie
happy pride month i love girls!!!
Stacee
I had liked the first book in this series and was absolutely here for gay princesses. Sadly, this one fell short for me.

Millie was just okay to me. I did love her smarts and dedication and love for her family. Flora was actually more of a marshmallow than I was expecting and was quite sweet. I just couldn’t ever get invested in either of them or their relationship.

Plot wise, it was boring. I do love a good boarding school setting, but this didn’t do it for me. The entire story read like “this
kayla ♡
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS***
FLORA AND MILLIE ARE DORKS AND I LOVE THEM. seriously this book was adorable and i loved that we got to see characters from the first book in the series. i didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first one BUT i still thought it was cute. so rachel hawkins when are you going to release a book about the hot mess that is seb?
Britt / Basically Britt
I'm just not really a contemporary gal, but I really enjoyed the characters! ...more
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
Realistically more of a 4.5, but I’m high off of all the swooning I just did so FIVE. STARS.
aphrodite
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars !!!!

my first read for the backlist readathon: completed !

THIS WAS THE CUTEST SHIT EVER OH MY GOD I LOVED IT SO MUCH. they really should rewrite the synopsis as “millie going through bi panic for 200 pages” because it really be like that.

I’ve always been one to say I don’t really care if I’m represented in books (saying that as a privileged white girl is definitely eye roll worthy, I know) but it really did make my heart sore to not only see millie be so casual about her bisexuality
Luce
3 ½ stars

Her Royal Highness is the book equivalent of cotton candy: fluffy and sweet. This was an exceedingly cute, occasionally silly, and thoroughly enjoyable f/f romance. Her Royal Highness is escapist fiction at its finest.

Her Royal Highness is an easy read that delivers a sweet romance between two very different girls: we have Millie, an aspiring geologist who is rather down-to-earth, and Flora, an actual princess. The two end up being roommates at an exclusive school in Scotland...and wel
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
BLOG | TWITTER

I'm officially hooked on queer royal romances. I read Red, White, and Royal Blue last spring and I loved it. Her Royal Highness has the same charm, complete with so many of my favourite romance tropes.

After being dumped by her best-friend-turned-girlfriend, Millie Quint decides to spend her senior year of high school at a private school in Scotland. I enjoyed Millie as a main character. She's out of her element, but she manages to make her way through all these sticky situations an

• The Falling in Love Montage
  • Written in the Stars
  • Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Something to Talk About
  • Iron Heart (Crier's War, #2)
  • Late to the Party
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • The Henna Wars
  • Her Name in the Sky
  • Of Fire and Stars (Of Fire and Stars, #1)
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • I Think I Love You
  • She Drives Me Crazy
  • Boyfriend Material (Boyfriend Material, #1)
  • Cinderella Is Dead
  • This Coven Won't Break (These Witches Don't Burn, #2)
See top shelves…

Royals (2 books)
  • Royals (Royals, #1)

Articles featuring this book

Bow down, readers. We've rounded up the most popular royal books in the young adult fandom. How are we qualifying their noble...
“I love you, Flora,” I say, and even though there’s a crowd around us, and bodyguards and other royals, it feels like it’s just us. Like we’re back in our room at Gregorstoun, or out on the moors under the stars. “And yes, sometimes you make me crazy, and we’re definitely going to have to talk about the whole high-handed thing, but . . . it’s worth it. You’re worth it.” 7 likes
“No, what surprises me is the sudden, jolting, and undeniable realization that even though I didn’t want to, I’ve fallen for an actual princess.” 4 likes