Start by marking “Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)

Her Royal Highness

(Royals #2)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  3,796 ratings  ·  1,000 reviews
Millie Quint is er kapot van als haar vriendin met een ander zoent. Omdat ze de gedachte om elke dag met haar ex geconfronteerd te worden niet kan verdragen, besluit Millie om beurzen aan te vragen voor prestigieuze scholen. Hoe verder van Houston, hoe beter.
Millie kan haar geluk niet op als ze wordt toegelaten tot een van de meest exclusieve scholen ter wereld in de Scho
Published June 28th 2019 by Best of YA (first published May 7th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Her Royal Highness, please sign up.
Lemontort I read this one without even realizing that it was a companion novel, so I really don't think you need to read the first one to understand this one.
Madison You can't read books via GoodReads. Below the summary, they provide links to find it at places that sell books. GoodReads is just a platform to keep…moreYou can't read books via GoodReads. Below the summary, they provide links to find it at places that sell books. GoodReads is just a platform to keep track of what you've read, find reviews, and discover more books.(less)

·  3,796 ratings  ·  1,000 reviews

✨    jamieson   ✨
you hetero bitches have been getting "I'm falling in love with a man whoops turns out he's a prince" stories for YEARS and finally, finally us sapphics got ours.

“...No, what surprises me is the sudden, jolting, and undeniable realization that even I didn’t want to, I’ve fallen for an actual princess.”

THIS WAS SO FREAKIN CUTE. I was pretty much just expecting an easy, fluffy, sweet read about girls in love and THAT IS WHAT I GOT. I loved the boarding school setting and the set-up of the relati
Chaima ✨ شيماء
I really thought I didn’t like contemporary romance but turns out I was just bored of reading about straight people pulling the same shit over and over again and I’m definitely here for the concept of “falling in love with your royal classmate in boarding school BUT MAKE IT GAY
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This was SO CUTE and I am SO GAY.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
i really would like to pretend i added this for normal people reasons but no, i totally added it because it was gay. gay princesses ftw
Riley
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was so cute i am dead
⚔ Silvia ⚓
🌈 Full review now posted!

4.5 royally sapphic stars

I devoured this book on audio in basically a day and oh my god, friends. There is a very specific emotion that us sapphic girls feel when presented with good sapphic content in fiction, and depending on our tastes in terms of tropes and genres, different sapphic books will hit us differently. The feeling I got from this book was one of pure joy from getting a royal romance, usually reserved for a girl falling in love with a prince, starring two
Lola
Another royal romance!

This is the companion novel to Royals (or Prince Charming) but it can safely be read as a standalone. Daisy, her sister and boyfriend make only a short appearance and you will not feel lost at any point. But you can certainly get lost in the interesting and unusual romance between Peasant Millie and Princess Flora, I’ll allow it.

This story combines some of my top favourite things in books: boarding schools, princesses and enemies-to-lovers relationships. Millie and Flora d
Natasha
i'm sad to dnf this but i really really don't like the writing rip
may ➹
It’s all fun and gaymes until you realize you could have have rewritten approximately a third of the book, and it would have ended up 5x better, despite not even being a half-decent writer.

The issue with this book is that the pacing is completely off. I honestly would have rated it higher if the pacing hadn’t been so weird and janky, because it’s a fluffy book that you could simply have a lot of fun reading. But my slight enjoyment of the book couldn’t compete with the fact that there’s pretty m
chan ☆
oadsfjgofjd lass

yeah too lazy to think of a clever tagline but this was cute! i adored the setting and the overall ~mood~ of this book. i felt like i was in scotland and for that, this book gets 3 stars. but there were a few things that bugged me.

- the audiobook narrator's deep south accent for a houstonian (sorry bro we don't sound like that)
- the beginning of the book
- the mc's motivations

idk, my biggest issue was that the things i was supposed to deeply care about, and the things that MC shou
April (Aprilius Maximus)
1.) Prince Charming ★★★★★
2.) Her Royal Highness ★★★★.5

-----------------------------------------------

THIS WAS SO CUTE. I just wish there was a little bit more at the end!!! I wanted an epilogue SO BAD!
Clemlucian (🏳️‍🌈the villain's quest)
⭐⭐⭐ cheesy stars

description

I liked the lesbian rep and love story but it wasn’t remarkable in any way. I felt like the characters were decently crafted but not explored as deeply as they could have been. The cuteness was there but I didn't really feel a romantic connection between the characters, therefore, I didn't really ship it.

The rest of the characters blur in my mind, which shows how poorly developed and used they were.

The romantic plot was pretty straightforward and classic, so no surprises there.
Davina Herondale
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
11. June 2019

that moment you realize teenagers have more of a love life than you do

God damn, this was so cute

Rachel Hawkins could write, like, 6 more stories in this setting and I would buy them ALL.

Flora and Millie? S'CUTE iltsm

Now i'm casually waiting for her to announce the Sebastian story bc my bb boi deserves so much also

I need more of Daisy and Miles

I want a story for Elle and Alex and how they met

ugh I love this anthology of stories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20. April. 2019

Big shout out
anna (readingpeaches)
every sapphic girl deserves to fall for a princess, thanks for agreeing

anyway, someone tell hawkins you gotta actually develop your characters before you throw in the angst and you can't do that at the very end bc pacing does matter

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Reads Rainbow
Trina (Between Chapters)
Cute story. Enjoyed Flora much more than I expected I would from the TINY bit we saw of her in the first book. The scene where the main character from this book meets the main character of book 1 was great! These books worked really well as companions and I hope there are more in the series!

Audiobook: 5 stars. The narrator had excellent accents (Texan and Scottish) and switched between them flawlessly. She read with personality and emotion. Exactly what an audiobook performance should be.

tw: che
Hadya
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NSNSJJSKSKWKEEKEKEKEKWKWKJEIEJEJE I LOVE THIS SO MUCH PLS
Britt / Basically Britt
I'm just not really a contemporary gal, but I really enjoyed the characters!
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
Realistically more of a 4.5, but I’m high off of all the swooning I just did so FIVE. STARS.
Hollis
Listen, HER ROYAL HIGHNESS is not just a lovely sapphic royal contemporary but it's also.. fun. I thought this of the first in the Royals series, too. Are they perfect books? No. Infact, I thought the mini breakup in this one to be.. not awesome, both a little sloppy and too out of nowhere, but that doesn't negate all the warm fuzzies and overall entertainment, and did I mention fun, that it provided. And I needed some (a lot) of fun, so, #winning.

"Millie, you know this is just a school, right?
ellie
happy pride month i love girls!!!
Lily ☁️
I’m was fully prepared for this to sweep me off my feet on a cloud of adorableness.

// buddy read with my faves 💖

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | TumblrBloglovin’
Stacee
I had liked the first book in this series and was absolutely here for gay princesses. Sadly, this one fell short for me.

Millie was just okay to me. I did love her smarts and dedication and love for her family. Flora was actually more of a marshmallow than I was expecting and was quite sweet. I just couldn’t ever get invested in either of them or their relationship.

Plot wise, it was boring. I do love a good boarding school setting, but this didn’t do it for me. The entire story read like “this
Emma
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Full review here

Just as the first book in this series, this was a fun and quick read. I loved Millie, the main character. She was interesting and funny and definitely tried to adapt to all things royal. It was nice to see another side of Flora and to get to know her better. Their relationship was very sweet, even though a bit sudden. From the moment Millie realized she had a crush on Flora it all happened very fast, whereas in the first half of the book they didn't get along at all and
mahana
read the last chapter and try to convince me that the author didn't base it off of dancing with our hands tied by taylor swift
julia ♥
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO. CUTE! 4/5.
Jacob Proffitt
This is second in a series and events and characters from the previous book have resonance and impact in this one. I highly recommend reading these in order.

Well crap. I finished this over a week ago and it fell off my radar before I reviewed it. Not that I had much to say, really. I mean, if you read the first, then you know most of what you need to know for this one. Including the setup with a Scottish Royal Family and some of their weird dynamics. This story is for Flora and finding love that
Kate
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
4.25/5stars

This was sO CUTE and GAY and UGH. Lowered slightly cause these books definitely follow a pretty set pattern and I wish the ending could have gone for a bit longer but other than that this was too cute!!
Sahitya
This book has been on my radar for quite a while, and I won’t deny that I do love me some royal romances; they are fairytale-esque and provide some cheer in a gloomy world. And after really having a lot of fun reading the shenanigans of a gay Prince in Red White and Royal Blue, I wanted to indulge in some sapphic goodness and enjoy the story of a gay Princess this time around.

Amelia or Millie is a young Texan who is very excited to spend her senior year in the charming mountains of Scotland at a
milou  ☁️
…No, what surprises me is the sudden, jolting, and undeniable realization that even I didn’t want to, I’ve fallen for an actual princess.

Millie has lived her whole life in Texas and decides to flee from her cheating girlfriend by attending an exclusive boarding school of Gregorstoun all the way in Scotland and moving there. Her roommate is no one else than stubborn and self-centred Princess Flora. The two but heads right from the start and certain events draw the two young girls closer and M
sofia (sam willows)
so. freaking. CUTE!!!!

• Full Disclosure
  • The Map from Here to There (The Start of Me and You, #2)
  • Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • The Revolution of Birdie Randolph
  • Jack of Hearts
  • Rumor Game
  • The Lovely and the Lost
  • Practically Ever After (Ever After, #3)
  • The Grief Keeper
  • The Madness Blooms
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Field Notes on Love
  • The Place on Dalhousie

Royals (2 books)
  • Royals (Royals, #1)
“I love you, Flora,” I say, and even though there’s a crowd around us, and bodyguards and other royals, it feels like it’s just us. Like we’re back in our room at Gregorstoun, or out on the moors under the stars. “And yes, sometimes you make me crazy, and we’re definitely going to have to talk about the whole high-handed thing, but . . . it’s worth it. You’re worth it.” 1 likes
“The stag is nowhere to be seen, and Flora reaches up to flick her wet hair out of her eyes, her chest heaving as she scans the landscape.
Then she says, “You know what? It’s actually unicorns who are our national animal, not stags. Just remembered.”
Teeth chattering, I glare at her. “Well, maybe one will turn up.”
1 likes