Start by marking “Biohacked & Begging: And Other Stories (Nudge the Future Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Biohacked & Begging: And Other Stories (Nudge the Future Book 2)

Biohacked & Begging: And Other Stories (Nudge the Future Book 2)

The future is ours and it’s up for grabs…

Immerse yourself in the future of biohacking and implants, genetic modification, blockchain micro-transactions and futuristic dating-apps with author of 'Eating Robots', Stephen Oram.

Prodding and poking the possible in volume 2 of Nudge the Future, Oram starts with another flash fiction foray into the world of Unified Sentience and
Published April 12th 2019 by Silverwood Books

To ask other readers questions about Biohacked & Begging, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biohacked & Begging

Lou
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Biohacked & Begging is the second volume of flash fiction shorts in the Nudge the Future series which is a selection of speculative stories that push the realms of possibility. It depicts a dystopian future that is both frightening and intriguing and is intensely thought-provoking giving the reader food for thought about whether we can live alongside advanced technology or whether we are doomed to be enslaved by AI creations. There are some fantastic ideas here and the worlds created in each ...more
Dave
An intriguing collection of shorts, some even flash fiction short, exploring a future of nano-bots, implants,and more. It's a future that is dystopian in feel, oft-putting, uncomfortable, treacherous, one where perhaps we are all unsure what all this advanced technology has bought us. Are we better off enhanced, implanted, nano-botted? Or are we just as insecure, nervous, and unsure. Some real gems here among others that didn't fascinate entirely.
Jypsy
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Biohacked and Begging is an interesting collection of short stories. These center around the possible futures that technology could bring to humanity. It's a glimpse of what our world could look like with technology at the helm, but isn't that the case already, at least in some regards? I found many of these stories frighteningly plausible. Don't we all see it, though, admittedly or not--the imminent freight train of a remotely controlled existence and our powerlessness against it? This collecti ...more
Engel Dreizehn
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC Copy...it was an intriguing yet frightening portrayal + speculation of ideas of what biotechnology can actually do for humans as a whole and the possibilities/futures it could open up. Designer food, drugs and so forth has never been so interesting and scary at same time.
Banshee
This novel is a collection of science fiction short stories set in the future. Each story has the characters interacting and playing with futuristic technology that we can only dream of today. Some of the stories also feature social commentary on today's society, whether it's the way we treat the elderly or the sick. A few of my favorite stories were Biohacked & Begging, ReConned, and Capitalist Crumbs.

Beautiful cover that fits nicely with a great, well written novel.

Biohacked & Beggin
Sandra
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

Received a copy via Netgalley in return for an honest review.

Science fiction is not about the future, as some generally assume, but stories that are meant to provoke, discuss, and debate deep sociological perspectives of humans in an all- scientific and technologically altered society.

In Biohacked and Begging from author Stephen Oram, the reader will find an amazing, funny, thoughtful, set of short stories.
In here examples of ‘worlds’ in which humans are genetically altered, individuals are ca
BookwormishMe
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ng-reviews, reviewed
I picked this one up because I had read Fluence by Stephen Oram. I was curious to see read some other work by Stephen Oram. Also, this is a book of short stories, so quick reads. I wasn’t disappointed.

Stephen Oram has the ability to transport you into a future world where we have been changed by technology. Some of the stories address actual implants that affect human lives, some are external technologies. There is a short story related to Fluence in this collection, which I definitely enjoyed.
Victoria
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything about this book is aesthetically pleasing to me. The cover, title, and summary.
Very happy that Netgalley let me snag this.

Anyone that is a fan of Cyber Punk is going to enjoy this.
Pat Eroh
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love these sci-fi shorts and I am thinking that volume 1 must be awesome as well! This is a great collection of sci-fi that is so easy to read but so satisfying. I want more!

Paul
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
These stories were quite good. Liked the variety and imagination. Many were very short but still worked.

I really appreciate the ARC for review!!
Megan Forrest
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I usually read novels but use a lot of short fiction for Lit courses, and love reading shorts in between novels. This collection was interesting, thought-provoking and truly entertaining. Oram shows us visions of the future and how our technology could rule our world and our actions. Scarily enough, many of the futures do not feel that far in the future. This is a great collection - it only took 24hours to devour it! Highly recommended.
Jason Gessner
Apr 29, 2019
Alina Cristina
Jun 03, 2019
Stephen Oram
Jul 22, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Natalie Rix
May 06, 2019
Paul
is currently reading it
May 11, 2019
I write novels and flash fiction that are designed set off small firecrackers of thought to light the world slightly differently inside your head!

I've been a hippie-punk, a religious-squatter and a bureaucrat-anarchist; I thrive on contradictions and am a great believer in being slightly askew from the crowd. There's all sorts of ways of doing that - by being on the fringes of society, by travelli