Start by marking “Anyone but You” as Want to Read:
Anyone but You

Anyone but You

Things are going great for Sutton Kay, or at least they were. Her yoga studio is doing well, she’s living with her best friend, and she just got two kittens named Mocha and Cappuccino. Sure, she doesn’t have a girlfriend, but her life is full and busy.
Then her building is sold and the new landlord turns out to be the woman putting in a gym downstairs who doesn’t seem to u
Published March 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Anyone but You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anyone but You

Start your review of Anyone but You
F.
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Sutton owns and runs a yoga studio in Boston. The space downstairs is taken over by her new landlady Tuesday for a CrossFit gym.
Tuesday does things that annoy Sutton.
Sutton lusts after Tuesday but doesn’t like her.
Sutton goes home and eats/ cooks with her roommate Zee. (Zee has they/ them pronouns. There are also two kittens. Parsing sentences to understand who ‘they’ were took me a few goes in too many sentences. Who are you kicking out of your room to be alone with the vibrator? Them or the
Ted
Well that was surprisingly good. Really enjoyed this. Can't really think of anything negative to say about it at all. The secondaries are super well done here as well as the MC's. Non-binary Zee (Sutton's roomy) was especially well done I thought. Of course the turtles and the kitteh's too, hehe. Even had a friend of Sutton who was in a poly. So there's a surprising amount of representation here. Tuesday (the other MC) didn't really have anyone in her corner, which was a bummer but it fits her c ...more
Tara
When I first read the blurb for Anyone but You, I was sold. Enemies to lovers, crossfit vs yoga. What’s not to love? I was all but making grabby hands for it.

Friends, I devoured this book and it was even better than I’d hoped! The chemistry is so good and Tuesday and Sutton are so cute. There are kittens! And turtles! And sexy making out! And ZERO angst, which was perfect for me because it turned around the awful week I’d been having.

Full review: https://www.thelesbianreview.com/anyo...
menna
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sapphic
this was so good!!!

book 2 of the reading rush: read the first book you touch.
Anna Banana
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f, lgbt-reads

Things I liked:

♡ This cover!
♡ The fact that Tuesday was super buff and owned her own Crossfit gym. I've never read a book with a female character that looked like her, much less was like her.
♡ Sutton's group of friends!
♡ The hate to love aspect of Sutton and Tuesday's relationship. I really liked how broody and mean Tuesday was and how Sutton didn't just sit down and take it.

Things I didn't like so much:

♡I feel like the relationship jumped from "I'm not sure I even like you, but I kn
charlotte, (½ of readsrainbow)
it was going so well the tension was beautiful and then they had to get together at the halfway mark and nothing happened after not even any angst! the one time i actually want angst... but an extra half star bc tuesday ily,

(3.5)

Rep: lesbian mc with ADHD, wlw li, non-binary side character
Bethany
There's nothing earth-shattering about this one, but the audio was well done and it was a nice way to pass my commuting time. I could have used a bit more angst and a lot less food and meal descriptions, but this was still a fun listen. Plus, it was free on audio through my library's app, so can't really complain about that! 3.75 stars.
Kexx
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
4*s seems generous - it was an insubstantial book - there are only really three characters, the 2 Main Players and them, Zee, the interesting flat mate. It's all inevitable but somehow I loved the flow of the book, the rhythm was right and it kept me interested. I'll look out for more of her books.
❀ wambui ❀
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ff
Usually with cliche plots, such as this one: enemies to lovers it's usually a hit or miss and this for me was a miss.
The editing was not properly done. The author put a character's dialogue with the other characters' actions in the same paragraph which made me a little confused. (I don't know how to explain it).
Also for Zee, the author once used pronoun she instead of they.
Normally editing is not a big issue but there just wasn't much else going on for me.
Tuesday's character lacked consistency
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
No one is sadder than I am that I did not like this. The writing was messy, very clunky and awkward. The characters arcs were all over the place, and the chemistry just...off, unless we're talking about the sexy moments. Those are the only times I could see any type of chemistry. The one thing I liked is the way both of them tried each other's sport and liked it.
Estance Moriarty
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
DNF. This book doesn't spark joy. A lot of "diversity" that feels forced.
I didn't like the inclusion of disabled people in such a throwaway comment, if you want to include us, add depth, give us more than a sentence, we are not props to make you look like a good open minded person, we are not charity cases you should be applauded for including if if you don't give any substance. I mean, the book doesn't even mention if there is a lift in the building...

I was reading this book based on an enemy
Fatima
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn

First off the cover was my dream woman. If she was at one of the gyms around here I would have 2 memberships. But overall good story.
Rose
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f
“I was utterly and completely in love with Tuesday Grímsdóttir. My lady, my love, my landlord. Maybe my rent would go down?”

4.5 stars. NO spoilers

I absolutely loved this book. It was light and funny and reminded me so much of how my last girlfriend and I tried to woo each other into a relationship.

I loved that there was no conflict or horrendous event that destroyed their relationship so they could rebuild it blah blah blah that most other f/f books rely on to get the romance across and to mak
Patricia Foort
This was a surprisingly good book! I eh...love the cover...damn... But I didn’t think I would have liked the book as much. But I was wrong. From the first page I was intrigued. I liked the chemistry and the sex was also good. I loved Zee. Still wondering what Ellen thought about them in the beginning, though. 5 stars.
naju
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, sapphic, 2019
"I was utterly and completely in love with Tuesday Grímsdóttir. My lady, my love, my landlord."
yes this cover is horrible but the book is so cute, chelsea m cameron will give the lesbians everything they want!!
*4.5 stars*
L
how can you make your vagina smell like honey? asking for a friend
vivika
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
lesbians are superior
Jacqsom71
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I actually found myself loving this book.

I am into yoga but don’t do it as much as I should and CrossFit at Dawn Athletics in Brisbane (shameful promotion) I can honestly say I thought people who did CrossFit were well slightly crazy 😜 now though I know what a community it is and even go watch tournaments to support the others. So in short this story grabbed my attention simply due to this. What I didn’t expect was to enjoy the characters as much as I did. I would have loved a slightly longer s
Eileen
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 ☆

This was okay. I loved the beginning, but the end was stupid.
E.
Anyone but You by Chelsea M. Cameron, 4★

Hilarious, adorable, and so so sexy — Sutton Kay has a great life until one day someone messes up her peace by blasting loud music downstairs. Turns out her new landlord can be a bit of an asshole — but damn that asshole has some nice muscles on her — the women clash but can’t stay away from each other.

blog | insta | twitter | booksirens | duolingo | pinterest
Silvia (roomforbooks)
Rep: lesbian mc with AHDH, non-binary side character, disabled side character

Aside from the great rep, this was a bit lacking when it came to the romance and tension, the pacing was a little too fast and the characters were underdeveloped.
Xan West
Content Warnings (view spoiler)
This Curly Arab
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Chelsea is a new to me author and I enjoyed reading Anyone But You. I was immediately drawn in by the cover. Women with muscles; I am here for it! I read the blurb and thought this would be a great story to fall into.

Sutton is a yoga instructor that's a little bit of a pushover and Tuesday owns her own cross fit gym. I loved that the book focused on two female business owners. Hell yeah we need more rep like this! It was nice seeing the two opposite characters navigate their “hate you but secret
Rosie Valadez
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
This was a cute read. A hate to love F/F romance, that had some insta-love elements, but was a quick cute read. The beginning wasn’t too bad, towards the end though it did start to get insta-lovey. The romance between Sutton and Tuesday was still cute, and I was definitely rooting for them. I wish there was more on Tuesday's backstory. We find out a little bit of her backstory towards the end, but I really wanted to know more about why her last relationship ended. The ending also felt rushed. Th ...more
Debbie The Minion
Feb 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Look, I brought this upon myself..

A lot of the time, I don't even look at the romance section but the cover and the synopsis pulled me in. It's not a common thing to see a well ripped woman on the cover and a synopsis promising you a tone - including but not limited to, some hate to love drama, proper representation, pets and, well, some steamy love.

Like I said, I brought this upon myself.

This book was a case of amazing premise but poor execution. It started at a very bad point if you'd have ask
Jeff
This is my first book read from Chelsea M. Cameron. I very much enjoyed her style of writing in "Anyone But You". I found it refreshing to have a story where the main characters start off butting heads with each other, fall for each other, and then stay together without a lot of angsty BS thrown in to extend the story. The characters get on each other's nerves, then kiss, then have sex, then get in a relationship that stays. That was an enjoyable storyline.

This was the first book that I've encou
Hana
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a cute, fast-paced romance. The beginning was full of indulgent angst as the main characters initially got off on the wrong foot but became more and more drawn to each other. Yes, it was incredibly cheesy at times, but sometimes you need to just indulge yourself in the romance. I was a little disappointed that the second half of the book was not as enticing as the beginning, as a lot of the drama had died down and so not much seemed to happen. There were also several instances where it ...more
Jen
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyable but dispassionate story

“This. This was what I had been wanting all those nights when I went to bed alone. Even more so than the sex, this is what I had been craving for so long. This closeness, this intimacy. Just this.”
+ • + • + • +

Its a very cute, entertaining book but everything seems to happen in like warp speed... Would've loved if the author developed & expounded on the characters & the narrative more.

It was too short, too "cliff notes"-y, too superficial & lacking much neede
alex
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jessi
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sutton Kay may not be wildly successful in her life but she's got a great roommate, adorable kittens, and a yoga studio that she is thinking of hiring more teachers for. It's just too bad that the building has been sold to a woman who is putting in a CrossFit downstairs. First Sutton has to deal with the construction noise and then she has to deal with the thumping music (something I can definitely identify with -- I often tell my yoga students to enjoy the subtle massage of the floor when it th ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• 30 Dates in 30 Days
  • Not the Marrying Kind
  • The Roommate Arrangement
  • Fire & Ice
  • Temptation
  • Undone (The Kaleidoscope Album Book 1)
  • Tapping into Love
  • To the Moon and Back
  • The Wrong McElroy
  • Out on Good Behavior (Radleigh University, #3)
  • Changing the Script
  • The Matchmaker
  • Fear of Falling
  • Breaking Character
  • Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • Sunsets and Shades (Sunsets and Shades, #1)
  • If the Shoe Fits
  • Anyone But Her
Chelsea M. Cameron is a New York Times/USA Today/Internationally Best Selling author from Maine who now lives and works in Boston. She's a red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader, and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, getting brunch with her partner, tweeting, and playing fetch with her cat, Sassenach. She has a ...more

News & Interviews