Start by marking “You Don't Know Me” as Want to Read:
You Don't Know Me

You Don't Know Me

He’s guarding a dark secret, but so is she.

Lizzie Burdett was eighteen when she vanished, and Noah Carruso has never forgotten her. She was his first crush, his unrequited love. She was also his brother’s girlfriend.

Published November 1st 2019 by Simon & Schuster AU

To ask other readers questions about You Don't Know Me, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of You Don't Know Me
Kylie D
When Noah meets Alice in Thailand he is stunned, swept off his feet not only by the stunning girl, but by how much she looks like his brother's girlfriend Lizzie, who disappeared in mysterious circumstances twelve years ago. However holiday romances must come to an end, and Noah reluctantly leave Alice behind teaching English in Bangkok and return to his family's restaurant in Sydney.

All is not going well at home though, the inquest into Lizzie's disappearance is quickly coming up, and his
Carolyn
When Noah met Alice on vacation in Thailand, they immediately clicked and he extended his holiday to spend more time with her, both hopelessly smitten. Time together all seemed so free and easy but what they didn't know then was that they both carried a dark family secret. At the time Alice was working as an English teacher in Bangkok so at the end of the holiday Noah had to return alone to Sydney to his job managing his family's restaurant and to attend an inquest into the disappearance of his ...more
Mandy White
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great read from another great Aussie author. You Don't Know Me was a super quick read for me. I started it on Saturday night and by lunchtime on Sunday I was finished. The story was written at a fast pace and there were plenty of twists and revelations to keep you hooked right from the very beginning. I have read one other book by Sara Foster and will be looking out for more.

Alice is an Aussie living and working as an English teacher in Thailand. Noah is an Aussie on holiday in Thailand.
Brenda
Alice Pryce had been in Thailand for the past three months, teaching English to the Thai children. Noah Carruso was on holidays in Thailand, away from the family restaurant in Sydney which had always drained his energy. When Noah and Alice met, the sparks were immediate; they spent the last days of Noah’s holiday exploring; being tourists and making memories.

When Noah arrived home, the looming inquest into eighteen-year-old Lizzie Burdett’s disappearance twelve years prior had the Carruso family
Marianne
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
You Don’t Know Me is the sixth novel by British-born Australian author, Sara Foster. When Noah Carruso first sees Alice Pryce on the deck of a river taxi in Thailand, he feels like he’s seen a ghost. Her long red hair reminds him so much of Lizzie Burdett, but Lizzie has been missing twelve years. At fifteen, Noah had an enormous crush on his brother, Tom’s girlfriend, but the last time he saw Lizzie she was distraught and walking away. There has been no sign of her, dead or alive, since then.

Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com

‘I realise there are lots of differences, but I’ve lived with secrets and trauma and guilt and shame, and I’ve wished I could turn back time.’

With a long and decorated list of author endorsements, including fellow West Australian based crime writer Dervla McTiernan, Sara Foster’s sixth novel, You Don’t Know Me, is thoroughly deserving of the high praise it has attracted. A story that delves deep into the concept of blame, this family drama, romance
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
“The search parties move through the forest shortly after dawn, flashes of neon jackets among the trees, the slumbering air stirring towards an early morning chill. They call her name again and again, then wait, hoping for something in return.”

For just a moment, when Noah glimpses a woman with long red hair on a ferry while holidaying In Thailand escaping the pressures of work and family, he thinks it could be his brother’s missing girlfriend, Lizzie, more than a decade later and thousands of
Kendall
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
When Lizzie Burdett went missing suspicion surrounded her boyfriend Tom Carruso. Twelve years later, with the mystery no closer to being solved, an inquest has been announced. Meanwhile, Tom’s younger brother, Noah, is in Thailand trying to escape the guilt and shame that have plagued him in the intervening years. But why does he feel guilty and what does he have to be ashamed of? To complicate matters, Noah has fallen for Alice, a woman who bears a striking resemblance to Lizzie and is living ...more
Kerran Olson
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I enjoyed this book, and the fast pace and intrigue helped get me out of a bit of a reading slump! Alice and Noah were pretty interesting characters, and they bounced off each other well, revealing just enough to each other to keep readers guessing about what secrets they were hiding. The relationship and family dynamics at play were the most interesting part for me, and using the podcast element to explain some of the backstory was an interesting way to contextualize what was happening in the ...more
Dianne Maguire
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sara Foster delivers an intriguing blend of mystery, crime and family drama in her new novel, ‘You Don’t Know Me.’

Noah Carruso knows more than he’s letting on about the night his brother’s girlfriend, Lizzie Burdett mysteriously vanished. Noah holds his secret close for over ten years until an inquest is held into Lizzie’s disappearance and Noah must decide between his conscience and family loyalty. Then to make life more tumultuous, he meets Alice Pryor who looks disturbingly like Lizzie and
Kim
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled to receive an early copy of “You Don’t Know Me” by Sara Foster from Better Reading and it didn’t disappoint!
I enjoyed this book from the outset. It’s a quick page turner and keeps you wondering which direction the story will take next. The mystery of “what happened to Lizzie Burdett” was intriguing and I was always guessing as to who the real villain was. However, when the truth was finally revealed I wasn’t expecting it all …… I love a surprising twist!
I adored two of the
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, aww
This has a twist you will never guess :)

My View:
Sara Foster is an excellent storyteller and a nice person to boot :)

What Sara always does well:
Dialogue – always realistic, fitting of the age groups involved/the relationships, the times.
Relationships – so well developed and again, realistic.
Surprises – the twists are good and in this one I couldn’t see the revelation coming.
The writing – always engaging.

What more could you want in a book? A great read.
Gloria Arthur
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-bookshelf
You Don't Know Me by Sara Foster

Enjoyable, intriguing and a page turner with a surprising twist

The story is set in Thailand and Sydney Northern beaches and is both a murder mystery and romance.

Eighteen year old Lizzie Burdett went missing over a decade ago and infatuated Noah Carruso has never forgotten her, she’s in his dreams and he's hiding a secret.

Lizzie's boyfriend is Noah’s older brother Tom. On the night Lizzie disappeared she was seen arguing with Tom. Tom left town under suspicion
Debbie
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Noah and Alice meet during a holiday in Thailand and coincidentally find they are both from Australia. While they both fall for each other, they are also both hiding secrets from the past, which are exposed. Over a decade ago, Noah's brothers girlfriend, Lizzie, went missing. She has never returned and people suspected she met foul play. People also suspected Noah's brother, Tom, as he was the last one to see her alive. Alice has her own demons from the past, which also resurface during the ...more
Sean Kennedy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
An enjoyable book but I found I just really disliked the two main characters and didn’t care about them. My interest lay much more with the estranged brother and couldn’t help wishing the story was from his perspective.
Annie
“You Don’t Know me” was an enjoyable easy to read “who dunnit” story. The realistic characters, the love story and the building suspense of what really happened to Lizzie kept me engrossed. The twist was a surprise and I had no idea who had committed the crime until it was revealed which, for me makes a good story. The story of Alice and her dad was almost a side story and I would have liked more on them… maybe another book in there?
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading a
Amanda Tovell
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I received an advanced copy of Sara Foster's new novel "You don't know me" courtesy of Better Reading Preview, and absolutely adored it. I started it on Friday night and had finished it by Monday night - I even took it to work to read over a lunch break and I haven't read a book at lunch time for nearly 10 years!
I really enjoyed the way this author wrote; it's fast paced and colourful, the characters feel real and the settings were a traveller’s delight. She kept me guessing about her
Deborah
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
When ticking the 'genre' of this book for this post I added romantic suspense because - though not generally a fan of 'romance' as such - I was completely smitten with the burgeoning romance that underpinned much of this novel. The book opens as our two leads, Alice and Noah meet, and I adored their relationship and the way it grew. It felt... well, um romantic.

Of course it's hampered by a backstory of long-kept secrets, guilt and death, so it's not all rainbows and kittens.
Read my review here:
Janet Ryan
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recently won a early reading copy of You don't know me by Sara Foster from Better Reading. It is a tale of lost love ghosts of the past and confronting these ghosts. It's a story of forgiveness and redemption, love and retribution. It's full of unexpected twists and was a pleasure to read. I read it in a day as it was totally captivating from page 1. I'LL definitely be looking for more of Sara Foster's books as I loved her easy style of writing.
Roy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too much romance
Maria
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my favourite, an Aussie based book by …ok Sara Foster is from the UK, but she does live in Western Australia.
Was hooked right from the start of the book. What happened to Lizzie??
Sara Foster you had me with your previous book ‘Hidden Hours’ and you didn’t disappoint with ‘You Don’t Know Me’. I must say this is my favourite so far and can’t wait for your next book.
It was a quick page turner that I didn’t want to put down. I wanted to know more about Noah and Alice and would their relationship
Gwen
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A whodunnit book that’s true to its genre.

You Don’t Know Me is a story told by the main characters Noah and Alice and the chapters alternate between them. They meet in Thailand where Noah is on holiday and Alice is working as a language teacher. Right from the start there’s a sexual chemistry between them that continues throughout the book and which was a pleasant surprise in this story. The intimate scenes are never explicit, rather the author leaves most of it up the imagination of the
Morgan Schulman
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reader-s-copy
I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review- this book was clever, I didn’t see a lot of the twists coming, and you go back-and-forth on the narrators as reliable individuals without abandoning them completely. Enjoyable rainy day thriller.
Caitlyn Lynch
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twelve years ago, Lizzie Burdett disappeared - and for the Carruso family, nothing has ever been the same since. Tom was Lizzie’s boyfriend, and the prime suspect, but with nothing ever found, he wasn’t charged. This story is told from the perspective of Tom’s younger brother Noah, only 15 when Lizzie vanished, who has a strained relationship with Tom and is struggling to find his own way in life. On a holiday escape in Thailand, Noah meets Alice, who reminds him of Lizzie at first, but soon ...more
Bryanna Ovenden
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The author had me trying to figure things out from the get go and I still didn't see it coming. I had to put the book down at one stage and walk away, but in a good, suspenseful way. Looking forward to checking out more of her work.
Renee Taylor
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review"

He’s guarding a dark secret, but so is she.
Tom Carruso hasn’t been home in over a decade. He left soon after Lizzie disappeared, under a darkening cloud of suspicion, and now he’s back for the inquest into Lizzie’s death – intent on
Jeannette
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Blurb...

He’s guarding a deep secret ... But so is she.
A stunning new thriller about the burden of shame from blockbuster author Sara Foster
Tom Carruso hasn’t been home in over a decade. He left soon after Lizzie disappeared under a darkening cloud of suspicion, and now he’s back for the inquest into Lizzie’s death –
marlin1
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sara Foster has become an auto read for me and I’m happy to say this lived up to expectations.

Alice has been living in Bangkok and teaching English in a local school, the last thing she expects is to fall hard for Noah, a fellow Australian on holiday in Thailand. But both have been tormented by situations in life, can they overcome these barriers to move on?

There is a wonderful sense of time and place in this book. I felt both Alice and Noah were very realistic and I could feel for both their
Olivia L
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm sorry to say I had to put this one down... maybe to be picked up another day? As noted in the blurb, this story was about two people who began a relationship while withholding secrets from their past. Noah and Alice meet in Thailand. Alice is the doppelganger of Lizzie, the missing girlfriend of Noah's elder brother, Tom. Noah has been haunted by Lizzie's disappearance for 12 years. Alice also has secrets of her own and she can't go back to Australia.

At the 40% mark, the reader's

• The Lying Room
  • Six Minutes
  • The Model Wife
  • Wearing Paper Dresses
  • Dead Man Switch (A Billie Walker Mystery #1)
  • Maggie’s Going Nowhere
  • The Ex Girlfriend
  • The Love Story of Missy Carmichael
  • It Sounded Better in My Head
  • Peace
Sara Foster is the bestselling author of five psychological suspense novels: THE HIDDEN HOURS, ALL THAT IS LOST BETWEEN US, SHALLOW BREATH, BENEATH THE SHADOWS, and COME BACK TO ME.

Born and raised in the UK, Sara worked for a time in the HarperCollins fiction department in London, before turning her hand to freelance editing, and writing in her spare time.

It wasn't until 2007 that Sara decided to