Start by marking “You Don't Know Me” as Want to Read:
You Don't Know Me

You Don't Know Me

He’s guarding a dark secret, but so is she.

Lizzie Burdett was eighteen when she vanished, and Noah Carruso has never forgotten her. She was his first crush, his unrequited love. She was also his brother’s girlfriend.

Published November 1st 2019 by Simon & Schuster AU

To ask other readers questions about You Don't Know Me, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of You Don't Know Me
Kylie D
When Noah meets Alice in Thailand he is stunned, swept off his feet not only by the stunning girl, but by how much she looks like his brother's girlfriend Lizzie, who disappeared in mysterious circumstances twelve years ago. However holiday romances must come to an end, and Noah reluctantly leave Alice behind teaching English in Bangkok and return to his family's restaurant in Sydney.

All is not going well at home though, the inquest into Lizzie's disappearance is quickly coming up, a
Carolyn
When Noah met Alice on vacation in Thailand, they immediately clicked and he extended his holiday to spend more time with her, both hopelessly smitten. Time together all seemed so free and easy but what they didn't know then was that they both carried a dark family secret. At the time Alice was working as an English teacher in Bangkok so at the end of the holiday Noah had to return alone to Sydney to his job managing his family's restaurant and to attend an inquest into the disappearance of his ...more
Marianne
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
You Don’t Know Me is the sixth novel by British-born Australian author, Sara Foster. When Noah Carruso first sees Alice Pryce on the deck of a river taxi in Thailand, he feels like he’s seen a ghost. Her long red hair reminds him so much of Lizzie Burdett, but Lizzie has been missing twelve years. At fifteen, Noah had an enormous crush on his brother, Tom’s girlfriend, but the last time he saw Lizzie she was distraught and walking away. There has been no sign of her, dead or alive, since then. ...more
Brenda
Alice Pryce had been in Thailand for the past three months, teaching English to the Thai children. Noah Carruso was on holidays in Thailand, away from the family restaurant in Sydney which had always drained his energy. When Noah and Alice met, the sparks were immediate; they spent the last days of Noah’s holiday exploring; being tourists and making memories.

When Noah arrived home, the looming inquest into eighteen-year-old Lizzie Burdett’s disappearance twelve years prior had the Ca
Mandy White
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great read from another great Aussie author. You Don't Know Me was a super quick read for me. I started it on Saturday night and by lunchtime on Sunday I was finished. The story was written at a fast pace and there were plenty of twists and revelations to keep you hooked right from the very beginning. I have read one other book by Sara Foster and will be looking out for more.

Alice is an Aussie living and working as an English teacher in Thailand. Noah is an Aussie on holiday
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
“The search parties move through the forest shortly after dawn, flashes of neon jackets among the trees, the slumbering air stirring towards an early morning chill. They call her name again and again, then wait, hoping for something in return.”

For just a moment, when Noah glimpses a woman with long red hair on a ferry while holidaying In Thailand escaping the pressures of work and family, he thinks it could be his brother’s missing girlfriend, Lizzie, more than a decade later and tho
Kendall
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
When Lizzie Burdett went missing suspicion surrounded her boyfriend Tom Carruso. Twelve years later, with the mystery no closer to being solved, an inquest has been announced. Meanwhile, Tom’s younger brother, Noah, is in Thailand trying to escape the guilt and shame that have plagued him in the intervening years. But why does he feel guilty and what does he have to be ashamed of? To complicate matters, Noah has fallen for Alice, a woman who bears a striking resemblance to Lizzie and is living w ...more
Kerran Olson
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I enjoyed this book, and the fast pace and intrigue helped get me out of a bit of a reading slump! Alice and Noah were pretty interesting characters, and they bounced off each other well, revealing just enough to each other to keep readers guessing about what secrets they were hiding. The relationship and family dynamics at play were the most interesting part for me, and using the podcast element to explain some of the backstory was an interesting way to contextualize what was happening in the p ...more
Dianne Maguire
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sara Foster delivers an intriguing blend of mystery, crime and family drama in her new novel, ‘You Don’t Know Me.’

Noah Carruso knows more than he’s letting on about the night his brother’s girlfriend, Lizzie Burdett mysteriously vanished. Noah holds his secret close for over ten years until an inquest is held into Lizzie’s disappearance and Noah must decide between his conscience and family loyalty. Then to make life more tumultuous, he meets Alice Pryor who looks disturbingly like Lizzie and t
Kim
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled to receive an early copy of “You Don’t Know Me” by Sara Foster from Better Reading and it didn’t disappoint!
I enjoyed this book from the outset. It’s a quick page turner and keeps you wondering which direction the story will take next. The mystery of “what happened to Lizzie Burdett” was intriguing and I was always guessing as to who the real villain was. However, when the truth was finally revealed I wasn’t expecting it all …… I love a surprising twist!
I adored two of the
Debbie
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Noah and Alice meet during a holiday in Thailand ⛱ and coincidentally find they are both from Australia. While they both fall for each other, they are also both hiding secrets from the past, which are exposed. Over a decade ago, Noah's brothers girlfriend, Lizzie, went missing. She has never returned and people suspected she met foul play. People also suspected Noah's brother, Tom, as he was the last one to see her alive. Alice has her own demons from the past, which also resurface during the st ...more
Gloria Arthur
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-bookshelf
You Don't Know Me by Sara Foster

Enjoyable, intriguing and a page turner with a surprising twist

The story is set in Thailand and Sydney Northern beaches and is both a murder mystery and romance.

Eighteen year old Lizzie Burdett went missing over a decade ago and infatuated Noah Carruso has never forgotten her, she’s in his dreams and he's hiding a secret.

Lizzie's boyfriend is Noah’s older brother Tom. On the night Lizzie disappeared she was seen arguing with Tom. Tom left town und/>Enjoyable,
Annie
“You Don’t Know me” was an enjoyable easy to read “who dunnit” story. The realistic characters, the love story and the building suspense of what really happened to Lizzie kept me engrossed. The twist was a surprise and I had no idea who had committed the crime until it was revealed which, for me makes a good story. The story of Alice and her dad was almost a side story and I would have liked more on them… maybe another book in there?
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading a boo
Amanda Tovell
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I received an advanced copy of Sara Foster's new novel "You don't know me" courtesy of Better Reading Preview, and absolutely adored it. I started it on Friday night and had finished it by Monday night - I even took it to work to read over a lunch break and I haven't read a book at lunch time for nearly 10 years!
I really enjoyed the way this author wrote; it's fast paced and colourful, the characters feel real and the settings were a traveller’s delight. She kept me guessing about her character
Deborah
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
When ticking the 'genre' of this book for this post I added romantic suspense because - though not generally a fan of 'romance' as such - I was completely smitten with the burgeoning romance that underpinned much of this novel. The book opens as our two leads, Alice and Noah meet, and I adored their relationship and the way it grew. It felt... well, um romantic.

Of course it's hampered by a backstory of long-kept secrets, guilt and death, so it's not all rainbows and kittens.
Rea
Janet Ryan
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recently won a early reading copy of You don't know me by Sara Foster from Better Reading. It is a tale of lost love ghosts of the past and confronting these ghosts. It's a story of forgiveness and redemption, love and retribution. It's full of unexpected twists and was a pleasure to read. I read it in a day as it was totally captivating from page 1. I'LL definitely be looking for more of Sara Foster's books as I loved her easy style of writing.
Maria
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my favourite, an Aussie based book by …ok Sara Foster is from the UK, but she does live in Western Australia.
Was hooked right from the start of the book. What happened to Lizzie??
Sara Foster you had me with your previous book ‘Hidden Hours’ and you didn’t disappoint with ‘You Don’t Know Me’. I must say this is my favourite so far and can’t wait for your next book.
It was a quick page turner that I didn’t want to put down. I wanted to know more about Noah and Alice and would t
Gwen
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A whodunnit book that’s true to its genre.

You Don’t Know Me is a story told by the main characters Noah and Alice and the chapters alternate between them. They meet in Thailand where Noah is on holiday and Alice is working as a language teacher. Right from the start there’s a sexual chemistry between them that continues throughout the book and which was a pleasant surprise in this story. The intimate scenes are never explicit, rather the author leaves most of it up the imagination of the reader
Caitlyn Lynch
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twelve years ago, Lizzie Burdett disappeared - and for the Carruso family, nothing has ever been the same since. Tom was Lizzie’s boyfriend, and the prime suspect, but with nothing ever found, he wasn’t charged. This story is told from the perspective of Tom’s younger brother Noah, only 15 when Lizzie vanished, who has a strained relationship with Tom and is struggling to find his own way in life. On a holiday escape in Thailand, Noah meets Alice, who reminds him of Lizzie at first, but soon Noa ...more
Renee Taylor
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review"

He’s guarding a dark secret, but so is she.
Tom Carruso hasn’t been home in over a decade. He left soon after Lizzie disappeared, under a darkening cloud of suspicion, and now he’s back for the inquest into Lizzie’s
marlin1
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sara Foster has become an auto read for me and I’m happy to say this lived up to expectations.

Alice has been living in Bangkok and teaching English in a local school, the last thing she expects is to fall hard for Noah, a fellow Australian on holiday in Thailand. But both have been tormented by situations in life, can they overcome these barriers to move on?

There is a wonderful sense of time and place in this book. I felt both Alice and Noah were very realistic and I coul
Olivia L
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm sorry to say I had to put this one down... maybe to be picked up another day? As noted in the blurb, this story was about two people who began a relationship while withholding secrets from their past. Noah and Alice meet in Thailand. Alice is the doppelganger of Lizzie, the missing girlfriend of Noah's elder brother, Tom. Noah has been haunted by Lizzie's disappearance for 12 years. Alice also has secrets of her own and she can't go back to Australia.

At the 40% mark, the reader's discoverie
Lydia
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
‘You Don’t Know Me by Sara Foster is a magnificent new thriller that follows the highs and lows of family bonds- the strong connections that either bring out the worst or the best in people.
When Lizzie Burdett mysteriously vanishes at only eighteen, her young life is tragically cut short without a trace, desperately leaving her loved ones searching for answers.
Noah Caruso admired Lizzie from a distance... while his big brother Tom and Lizzie shared a high school romance.
Under a cloud of suspi
Laura Metz
I received this arc from goodreads in exchange for my honest review. Where to begin.. This book had so many plot holes in it. I honestly enjoyed the mystery aspect of what happend to Lizzie but for one why the hell was Noah so obsessed with her. His brothers girlfriend. She was nothing to him yeah he liked her but for 12 years after her disappearance he is still crazily obsessed. Makes no sense. What also makes no sense is how the dad killed her. Okay so he gave her a ride home right but if she ...more
Billie Tuckerman
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sara Foster’s “You Don’t Know Me” is impossible to put down. The book explores the burden of carrying secrets in an honest and raw perspective. Every chapter delves deeply into the motivations and desires of the characters, leaving you wanting more.

Foster’s writing is captivating, dark and suspenseful. Just when you think you know the ending Foster will surprise you one last time. You will find yourself saying “just one more chapter” till you realise there is no more pages to turn.

A truly unfo
Ayesha
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Better Reading I received an advance (uncorrected proof) copy of You Don't Know Me by Sara Foster. I was intrigued by the main characters, and couldn't wait to discover what secrets Alice and Noah held... This book was extremely well written, and kept me coming back for more. I'd never read anything by Sara Foster before, but I definitely will be in the future! Obviously I can't divulge their secrets, but the journey with Alice and Noah, and the discovery of their secrets was a trip I ...more
lola.and.puki
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
You Don’t Know Me had me hooked in from the beginning and it was difficult to put down. I was intrigued to find out what really happened to Lizzie Burdett and the author kept me guessing and had me captivated to the end. With believable characters dealing with issues related to love, family, relationships, secrets and trust, You Don’t Know Me was a great whodunnit thriller with plenty of drama and a highly satisfying read.

Thanks to Simon Schuster Australia and Better Reading Australi
Jay Dwight
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whilst the 12 year old missing person case provides the backdrop for this one, it's strength comes in the family dramas engulfing both lead characters. Fast moving, the two damaged lead characters are struggling with unrevealed secrets. The finding of each other and the development of their relationship, amidst their own personal issues, provides a compelling narrative. The crime story is still a strong part of this excellent read.
Beth Stackhouse
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. It has great characters with strong personalities and characteristic. I loved the characters and wanted the best for them in their life hoping everything would work out. It had nice mixture of crime, love, family and trust and also secrets that needed telling. Loved every bit of it this story kept me guessing right to the end. Would recommend this to others.
Book Case 71
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a really quick read for me. A whodunit with twists and turns a plenty. Being from NSW it was great to recognise some of the settings. Quite good, wouldn’t rave about it though. A pleasant and easy read.

• The Wife and the Widow
  • Silver
  • The Lying Room
  • Where the Dead Go
  • Dead Man Switch (A Billie Walker Mystery #1)
  • The Strangers We Know
  • Elevator Pitch
  • It Sounded Better in My Head
  • The Accusation
  • The Weekend
Sara Foster is the bestselling author of five psychological suspense novels: THE HIDDEN HOURS, ALL THAT IS LOST BETWEEN US, SHALLOW BREATH, BENEATH THE SHADOWS, and COME BACK TO ME.

Born and raised in the UK, Sara worked for a time in the HarperCollins fiction department in London, before turning her hand to freelance editing, and writing in her spare time.

It wasn't until 2007 that Sar