Start by marking “The Delphi Chronicle, Bundle Book 2 & 3 - The Tortoise and the Hare, and Phoenix Rising” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Delphi Chronicle, ...

Russell Blake

(The Delphi Chronicle #2-3)

The Delphi Chronicle is a serial trilogy - a story that unfolds over three installments, with each continuing in the next episode, usually with a cliffhanger ending, on all but the last installment. This bundle of book 2 & 3 continues the saga of NY private eye Michael Derrigan, as he comes into possession of a manuscript that will change the world order if its secrets ...more
Paperback
Published (first published December 23rd 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about The Delphi Chronicle, Bundle Book 2 & 3 - The Tortoise and the Hare, and Phoenix Rising

Start your review of The Delphi Chronicle, Bundle Book 2 & 3 - The Tortoise and the Hare, and Phoenix Rising
Jim A
Aug 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good read. I won't say it's fast moving because it gets too bogged down in the description of the travels of the protag, Michael. On the other hand, Blake makes a good argument for bus travel within Mexico, but stay away from the buses in Belize.

A conspiracy theory novel that really doesn't take sides politically. Both parties, and their respective presidents, are equally vile in Blake's plot. Blake goes into some pretty good theories on just how governments (U.S.) are corrupt and how
Scott Whitmore
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Delphi Chronicle" (Books 1-3) by Russell Blake is a great thriller that neatly balances action, suspense and intrigue with interesting characters that the reader quickly becomes invested in. Like Ludlum? You'll love Blake.

I must admit, I've never been much of a "black helicopters" conspiracy fan; having served 20+ years in the U.S. military I always took a dim view of ideas centered around our government being able to successfully run a large-scale extra-legal operation -- much less keep it
The
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intelligent Thriller

This was a highly enjoyable and interesting thriller. It is well written and was refreshingly free of typos and formatting errors.

The writing flows very easily and it was a very quick read (I mean that in a good sense).
Maybe I would have liked a little more action and perhaps there were a few loose ends but those are only minor quibbles.
There were plenty of interesting characters and some pretty witty dialogue. It all seemed far more realistic than most standard thrillers.

The
Amber
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After an exceptional year with multiple five star novels, Russell Blake once again gives his readers a fantastic thrill ride. The Delphi Chronicle, Blake's second trilogy, is one of the best conspiracy theory novels I've read. From New York, to Mexico, to Cuba, readers are treated to a break-neck speed book that is impossible to put down.

The only question now is will Blake outdo him self in 2012? I have no doubt he will.
Bob
Apr 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The continuing saga of an ex seal trying to stay one step of a black ops group trying to kill him and others who have knowledge of a manuscript and evidence chronicling massive cover ups of secret plots between high government officials, the mobs and big business to steal billions from the people of the country through various schemes and drug trafficking. A decent action thriller. I have another Blake book on my kindle and will probably pick up some more.
Karen
Oct 05, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: danny, kindle

Do not pay for these books. You will be bored out of your skull. Many chapters and NOTHING happens or is required for the story. I read it till the end to give it a chance.
The lead up to the end was too simplistic and the lead character acted like the bad guys.
Stay away from this book. I hope his next books are improved. For the writers sake
Kim Cano
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picks up right where The Delphi Chronicle book#1 left off and keeps you turning pages well into the night. I love conspiracy theory books and felt this one was one of the best I've read. Packed with plenty of details that will have you rethinking history and wondering if anything you hear in the media is real. Love the way it ended.
Sherry
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed this book a lot. it had the twists and turns that I enjoy reading and was set in a new venue for me, central america. Cudos to Russell Blake on his trilogy; I'll definitely be looking for more of your books.
Toby
Jun 23, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very slow and boring. Expected so much more from this set of books. The story line was good but the development could have been so much better. Not much in the way of action. Seemed more like a love story then an action book.
Stanley Townsend
Well written, intricately suspenseful and compelling. The theoretical conspiracy rings true enough that you start to believe it is.
Bill Gable
May 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
thought things fell apart at the end
Chelelovesshoes
Dec 18, 2014
Rebecca
Dec 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

The Delphi Chronicle (3 books)
  • The Manuscript (The Delphi Chronicle, #1)
  • The Tortoise and the Hare (The Delphi Chronicle, #2)
  • Phoenix Rising (The Delphi Chronicle, #3)