Start by marking “The String Theory Beginning with Me” as Want to Read:
The String Theory Beginning with Me

The String Theory Beginning with Me

The String Theory Beginning With Me is an illustrated prose poem tracing the journey to freedom from an internal landscape of chaos and fear. Using specific images from the natural world, this story condenses and simplifies a very slow, methodical transformation indicative of those who consistently seek the larger experience of living both in and beyond the here and now. B ...more
Published September 2nd 2019 by Tonia Colleen Martin

To ask other readers questions about The String Theory Beginning with Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The String Theory Beginning with Me

Start your review of The String Theory Beginning with Me
Denise Barela
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I must admit that this is a difficult review to write. I really wanted to like this book as I love poetry (Emily Dickinson is one of my favorites). I found myself lost at times as I was reading through the book. I did like some of the word choices she used to convey what she was thinking but I still found it hard to get into. As for the illustrations, my opinion is a mixed one. There were some that I absolutely loved, and others I wasn't as fond of. It could be that this book just wasn't my type ...more
Renee Knoblauch
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The String Theory Beginning With Me had me trying to piece together the poem. At first I thought about creation. Then I saw a person being broken and trying to find their way back to the Creator. The missing key was the Creator. We all have a feeling inside like we are lacking or missing something in our life. The beating of the drum was that drawing yourself to something that we lack. Once we allow our Creator inside our heart we are free.

The artwork is more abstract art. The art work itself t
Patti Pierce
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever looked at the beautifully illustrated books for children’s picture books and thought you would like to have a picture book of your own. These two illustrated books combine the best of text that will make you think with colorful illustrations. They are the type of books that would be captivating to have sitting on a coffee table.

The text will cause you to think and reflect on what is important. There are times you try everything and nothing comes out the way it should. Having Tried
Janice Sisemore
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
The string theory beginning with me/having tried everything

The string theory beginning with me is a poem. I haven’t read a poem for a while. This is a very unique one. What I got out of the poem that it was about a woman finding Jesus. Finding hope and love.

Having tried everything is also a poem that is very different. I did not understand much of it except the end. It is a very beautiful poem though.

If you love poems, these books are inspiring and beautiful.

I received a complimentary copy o
Mary
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The String Theory Beginning with Me explores a spiritual journey from fear to wholeness. It incorporates images from Creation with the first woman and man and includes animals too. All speak to the one on the path to find freedom. Since the author is female, she shares a woman’s perspective: “a woman of vistas incomprehensible.” I enjoyed her wording and the message she creatively conveyed. I received the book from Celebrate Lit. All opinions are my own.
Deana Dick
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
In The String Theory Beginning With Me, I liked the abstract pictures because they were just a bit blurry in a sense that we are blinded sometimes in our walk. It describes a person who is beaten down and doesn't know how to get up again. The story is very encouraging as you discover the One who is always there. The reference of the drum to me illustrates the beating of our heart as we allow God inside. We are set free and now have peace within us.

I received a copy of both books from Celebrate
Chautona Havig
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Life Lessons and Insights in the Most Unexpected Places
I’ve always seen lessons in the simplest stories in life. Tonia Colleen Martin writes poetry and illustrates it in such a way as to do the reverse–in deep, complex poetry and illustrations she shares simple concepts in a deep and intricate way. At first, I didn’t like that. It felt contrived and convoluted.

However, the more I examined and studied her poetry, I saw something fresh and unique about it. Within the words and the pictures a deep
Katie
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found the poetry in each of these books to be a welcome change from the norm for the usual type books I review. Inside I found a very colorful, somewhat abstract picture book to accompany each verse of the poem. This book would be a great gift for one you might see displayed on a coffee table that is aesthetically pleasing, or for those who enjoy poetry, are deep thinkers, or are very artistic in spirit. For me, I have to admit some of the language and comparisons were a little over my head, b ...more
Debbie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
"Having Tried Everything" & "The String Theory Beginning With Me" by Tonia Colleen Martin are two pictures books for adults. The words are written in rhyme. I liked the pictures in "Having Tried Everything " , but I liked the poem in "The String Theory Beginning With Me" the best of the two.

These two books points the reader to God without being preachy. "The String Theory Beginning With Me" is about the drum in your heart being Yahweh, and I love the ending words in "Having Tried Everything" whi
Caitlyn Santi
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again this author held me spellbound! Another beautiful book! I think I liked Having Tried Everything slightly more than this one, but I loved this one as well. This is a very moving and thought provoking book. Once again I loved the artwork, the colors in this one were especially pretty. This book is a great read that directs the reader to God without being preachy at all. I loved The String Theory Beginning with Me and will definitely watch for more from this author. Highly recommended.

I
Jan 29, 2021

• Made for Brave: A Journey Through Devastating Loss to Infinite Hope
  • The Camera Never Lies
  • Wonderful Yah: The Unveiling
  • Heart of a Royal (Daughters of Peverell, #1)
  • Significant: Becoming a Woman of Unique Purpose, True Identity, and Irrepressible Hope
  • The Dating Charade
  • Soul Mend: Discover Spiritual and Emotional Health
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Essential Oils: God’s Extravagant Provision for Your Health
  • CROWN 30 Wife-Changing Lessons
  • In the Cradle Lies (Tree of Life #2)
  • The Freedom Challenge: 60 Days to Untie The Cords That Bind You
  • Stitches in Time (The Deacon's Family, #2)
  • Darling Hedgehog: Goes Down a Foxhole
  • Mistletoe Mission (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza)
  • Rest for the Justice-Seeking Soul