Start by marking “Unexpected Surrender (A Standalone Novel)” as Want to Read:
Unexpected Surrender (A Standalone Novel)

Unexpected Surrender (A Standalone Novel)

I am Luther Knight.
Powerful. Businessman. I own everything and everyone around me.
Until her.
Lexi Adams challenges me in ways I never knew I needed.
She’s defiant and stubborn, unwilling to show me her true submission.
She turns my whole world upside down and no matter how much I ignore it, I can’t help but
crave her.
When she becomes d
Published November 4th 2019

Start your review of Unexpected Surrender (A Standalone Novel)
Gayle
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good lord have mercy on my soul!!

If you’re thing is to read a novel that’s all kinds of hot and steamy, sophisticated, intricate, deliciously erotic with an abundance of class then this it is guys, this is it.

I had zero clue what I was getting myself into when picking up Unexpected Surrender. I knew of the subject matter, and I got a small glimpse of what I was heading into by reading the prologue, but it didn’t take me long to realize that I was an absolute goner. Talk about demanding my atte
Jennifer Scarn
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deliciously and deviously captivating. When you war between loyal obligation and your own desires you discover just how far you’ll go to secure your future. You’ll also learn that you can’t do it alone and maybe you need someone to partially shield you, to stand beside you and you’ll learn that man is Luther Knight.
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 BEAUTIFUL TORTURE STARS!! Holy Moly.....what did I just read?!?! A delicious, hot and sexy story that gave me all the feels. Luther and Lexi's story will beautifully torture you all the way through, so sit back and enjoy yourself. J.M. Walker has gave us a page turning book that you can't put down.
Christina
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book as a gift in exchange for my honest opinion.

I've done something I haven't done in a VERY LONG TIME with this book.....I read it twice. I typically don't re-read books, even the classics. But this one? This is masterful...pure genius.

Lexi is in a tight bind. After her mother died, she left the deli to both her and her brother. But running a business is hard and paying the bills seems to be even harder. With months of back bills and no end in sight, what's she su
Renee
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of the publisher/author to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

I am Luther Knight. Powerful. Businessman. I own everything around me Until her. Lexi Adams challenges me in ways I never knew I needed. She's defiant and stubborn, unwilling to show me her true submission. She turns my whole world upside down and no matter how much I ignore it, I can't help but crave her. When she becomes desperate, The Club is all that she has, and I watch as she falls for her Master.
Kelly Hawkins Solomon
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Seriously….you don’t even need to read this review. You should just read the book. I promise you won’t be disappointed. If you want holy hotness with a bunch of crazy, add some fear, a splash of chaos, and a ton of WTFs, then this is it. This is the story you need to read.

I like the fire in your eyes. And I can’t wait to get … burned.

Lexi and her brother Charlie were left with a deli that their late mother left them. The only pr
Fawn Michaels
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story. This unbelievable story. It's raw. Passionate. Dominate. Exhilarating. And oh. So. HOT. What more can you ask for? This story started off as a little project for JM Walker, but, the heat. The passion. Everything about it, made us all just keep coming back and wanting more. Thus, this glorious, magnificent story was born.

Luther Knight is every woman's fantasy. Strong. Dominate. Passionate. And everything in between.

Lexi is the ultimate strong leading female MC. Who has a strong will
Erin Figueiredo
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling, Intense and oh so Sexy!

WOW! This was an unexpected suspenseful and twisted story that had my head spinning with all of the plot twists. It is one hell of a rollercoaster ride of emotions and panty melting moments. The story was highly entertaining and utterly thrilling!

The main characters Lexi and Luther are fierce and very passionate. Their story is fast paced and highly combustible. The interactions between these two are explosive and oh so sexy. Their story
Deanna
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg where should i even begin this book was amazing. Lexi is struggling to keep her life together and keep her late mom’s deli above water and with her brother being sketchy as hell she has to over work her elf just to make it. One night Lexi hers a knock on her door and its her brother Charlie beaten to a pulp and once she got him pulled into the apartment a huge figured followed behind threatening his life. Luther was a powerful business man who didn’t like to be played with, he wasn’t afraid ...more
Julia Gerard
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Boy! J.M. can write a twisted story! Luther is what? Kind of felt a little Bi Polar? He wasn't really, but he had so many layers. He was definitely a crime boss. But he really did have a heart? He had a very dark side, but could be consumed with jealousy. Lexi, just wanted to work in her Deli and not worry about her bills or her brother Charley. And when Charlie comes home beaten and leads Luther to her, Lexi is at a loss. Luther offers he a chance to earn the money that Charlie needs to pay ...more
Tami czenkus
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Are you ready to get blown away? Hold on tight because Unexpected Surrender will take you on the ride of your life!
I deliberately stayed away from the blurb on this book because I wanted the story to be an experience that surprised me while reading. I must say I was SHOCKED at all the twists and turns with this story throughout the ENTIRE book, just when I thought I had things figured out J.M Walker swoops in and shakes things up even more.
Secrets. and a TON of angst and intrigue fill t
CAW
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. The story grabbed me and drew in, it had me reading until 4am. I loved the characters and found I could completely relate to them both with their ups, downs, strength, weaknesses and their love for each other. Lexi and Luther find that their love will make them do anything for each other and they triumph together. I totally recommend reading this book its amazing.

What a wonderful story it's now another book b
Sophie Koufes
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Surrender deserves to be exhalted. Begins with a intriguing prologue which leads into a nectarous page turner novel that is highly effecting, super twisted with villainous activity sprinkled through the pages. Luscious erotic moments intricately weaved in all the right places. Flipping through the pages till the end Lexi & Luther's love affair is explicitly detailed with audacious love and trust. I adored how it ended. Another unparallel, unforgettable and spine-tingling by this t ...more
Kera Gould
Dnf’d at 6%
What the hell? A guy comes barreling ass through your door, after having beat up your brother... he threatens you... throws you around, grabs your lady parts and tells you that you’re basically going to sell your body to pay him back money your brother owes to him, rips your hair out and then proceeds to tell you that when you do in fact have sex, it will be because you want to... and then when he leaves, although you’re scared shitless through this whole ordeal (as one would ri
Karen Hoffman
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to see this story released that I jumped in and did the one click KU. I have loved all of her stories. This one is as all the rest...so powerful and mind blowing. It follows Lexi and Luther and they're roller coaster ride of emotions. There are twist and turns around every corner. I loved that they went through struggle and pain. Yes that may be weird but I gravitate to these story lines.
K. Lynn
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy Story Full of Unexpected Moments

What a great romantic "who done it?" story! Luther and Lexi were amazing together and loved how he feel in love with her so deeply, so quickly. This book was full of mystery and intrigue as well as love and a lot of steam. A few intense D/s play scenes so don't read if you're offended by it. Enjoyable read that starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down until the end.
Lynne Garlick
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No. Words!!

Holy mother fudging fudgesticks!!! This book has done more than twist my melon!! Luther Knight.......just hold that name on your tongue for a few minutes! *bends at the knees to draw in much needed air!
This book gave me whiplash, so much is going on, double crossing, back stabbing and in amongst all that is the relationship between Luther and Lexi. It's hotter than the sun!! Honestly I was on the edge of my seat the when way through! Flipping brilliant!!
Amy Bobbitt
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book is one smoking hot, sexy, passionate, smoldering read. Dominance at its finest. Twists and turns and all that. If you think you know what's happening, your in for a real shocker.
JM Walker is as usual a genius and never fails to deliver a gut punch and then soothes the burn with more passion than imaginable.
Jolene Huber
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Devil You Know

Lexi is trying her hardest to make a go at running her family's deli. Her brother Charlie isn't being helpful. He dug them a hole it is going to take Lexi some serious digging to get out of without getting anyone killed. Luther is the devil the deal was made with. Little does she know how hard he is to resist. Loved this book!
Monique Hebert
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would give this book more than 5 stars if I could.
This book was amazeballs!!
So perfect! So intense, suspenseful, so many twists and turns, full of intensely strong emotions, and sooooooo freaking Hot!
I love the hot sensitive alpha dominant controlling male with the strong innocent like women. So Great!
You are an amazing writer J.M. Walker!!
Latifa Morrisette
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy snickers Batman!!!!! This book was not what I expected. Going into this book, I thought it was going to be straight forward but I wasn't prepared for the curveball thrown in this book. Unexpected Surrender is definitely one if those books that you have to leave your expectations at the door. I'm ready for more from J.M. Walker.
Jaime Reynolds
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Expect the unexpected is the best way to explain this story. It’s hot, suspenseful and has you on the edge of your seat with each delicious page. Luther is definitely on my list of favorite characters and Lexi is perfect for him. This is one story that you will not see coming and it’s one you must read. One of my favorites of 2019 and I cannot wait to see what she comes out with next.
Angie Petray
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hang on to your panties because Luther is make 'em melt!!!! Dominant, alpha, sexy man meets sweet, lonely, naive girl and shows her what she never knew she wanted and needed in her life, someone to take care of her and make her burn. This book will have you feeling every emotion and keep you guessing...oh and keep your girlie boys tingling and panties wet cuz he is HOT HOT HOT!!!
Dora Koutsoukou
Nov 09, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf @ 64% The spectacular cover and the intriguing blurb got my attention immediately!!
Despite the well written story, I was a little bit tired of the repetitive sex between Luther and Lexi.
If I had realised the bdsm topic in this story, I wouldn’t have started reading it, because I was not in the mood...
Sue
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love hot and steamy this is definitely the book for you. Lexi doesn't know what's happening but she goes with the flow. Does she realize who she is with when she goes to the club? She's blind folded, but he's determined to make her his. Hot and Steamy.
Meka Weaver
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow..just wow.

What a ride. I loved this book it was everything we come to expect with jm Walker. Pure emotional rollercoaster with heat to set you on fire. Did I say wow? Get this book and beinge today you wont be disappointed!
Kristin
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! There were so many twists and turns throughout and the characters were incredibly well developed. I could not put it down and had a severe book hangover after I finished! I wish it had a sequel because I need to know more about Luther and Lexis romance!
Samantha Hillman
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a arc this book was so dark heartfelt and intense the twist and turn at every corner I devoured this book another great read from this author I don't no how she does it a must must read ladies
T
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5
Fabulous read!! Luther is definitely one for the "bad guy" love list!!
And while I did love it, there was just something there that wasn't 5 star for me. That one little "thing" that worms its way into your mind and won't let go.
But DO NOT let that stop you from reading this book!!
Jessica
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow I mean damn, this is my far one of the most twisted books I've read this year!! Hands down one of my top three book reads of 2019. Dark and twisted with crazy scenes that are off the charts, the twist blows my mind!!? Very very well written!!!
J.M. Walker is an Amazon bestselling author who recently hit USA Today with Wanted: An Outlaw Anthology. She loves all things books, pigs and lip gloss. She is happily married to the man who inspires all of her Heroes and continues to make her weak in the knees every single day.

"Above all, be the HEROINE of your own life..." ~ Nora Ephron