Start by marking “Chasing Chance (Gilcrest University Guys #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Chance (Gilcrest University Guys #1)

Chasing Chance

(Gilcrest University Guys #1)

There are moments in your life that become part of you. They become so ingrained in your memory that you can’t let them go, no matter how hard you try. Some may seem small and insignificant when they happen. Others are so big and important that you know, even while you’re in the moment, that your life will be forever changed. For me, almost all those moments—both the small ...more
Published March 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Chance

Start your review of Chasing Chance (Gilcrest University Guys #1)
☆ Todd
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

I thoroughly enjoyed this friends-to-enemies-to-lovers second chance book, including numerous flashbacks from age six to eighteen, but this is only the first half of Andy and Chance's story.

After being estranged for 4 years, all while attending the same high school, then college, the boys reconnected during Thanksgiving break of their junior year.

The feelings and fears felt genuine, with some fairly mild steam thrown in, but this book ended with them becoming boyfriends during Christmas break of
.Lili.
Apr 04, 2019 added it
Shelves: m-m
I'm throwing in the towel. This book had a lot of potential, but it had too many flashbacks. I'm not typically a fan of them, to begin with, but sometimes don't mind them if they're conducive to the story. In Chasing Chance there were too many, I found them boring, and disruptive to the story flow.

No rating.
Truths Loveislovereview
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, 2019
Andy and Chance are friends for over more than twelve years from when they were six. Only four years ago after Andy outed himself to Chance, suddenly Andy was ghosted by Chance, not one word after that. Andy stayed behind with a broken heart.
Now they meet again, unexpected and Chance just doesn’t know how to make up for the lost years. Far in the closet for his father, his football coach and teammates.

I loved this one, not just another “sport guy in the closet” story. They had a past and we get
Kirstin
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
While I was totally excited about this book, I have some mixed feelings about how it played out.

Chance and Andy have been best friends since they were just kids. They did everything together, to the point where Chance's parents questioned/warned him about being gay. It just wasn't an option in their home. Andy's parents were glad to see him happy.

But when they were in high school, everything changed and Chance ghosted Andy when he came out. Now, in college, circumstances put them back into each
Amber’s reading
Great friend-to-lovers MM romance. This book kept popping up as a recommendation in the Kindle Store and I’m so glad I read it. It’s funny and sweet and extremely sexy.

I’ve been in a reading rut lately. The majority of my recent books have been underwhelming. I can say that I never once rolled my eyes or got bored with this story. The writing was good and the story comforting. The side characters were also great. I’m hoping to get more Cameron in future books.

Highly recommend.
~BookNeeds~
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I seriously adored this book, it was so real and raw. I loved it. Queue in single tear, it was that good. Minus one star for being a cliffhanger type ending.
Emma
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars that I am rounding up somewhat against my better judgement.

This is a very lightweight story so far. It is a bit hard to judge because it is really only half a book. It is short and has an abrupt ending. I would complain that some stuff was not required for the story but it is hard to tell. Maybe we need it for the end of the book? It is really hard to say what was good as there just was not enough to judge it completely. So here are random thoughts that may or may not stay that way onc
Laxmama
3.75 STARS This is my review for both books in this series - you need to read both of them - this one doesn’t wrap up the story. While I didn’t lovit it was entertaining. This story was about childhood friends who had a bit of a falling out and reconnecting. I just felt as if it turned on a dime so quickly.
Elsbeth

Dammmn, the story was just cut off!! I didn't like that.
But I still want to know if Andy & Chance will get their chance together.....
Joyfully Jay
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Childhood best friends to lovers is an absolute favorite trope of mine and this book absolutely called to me. I have read other books by this author and this one also held my attention. The book is highly character driven as we see Andy and Chance meeting at a young age and then several key points as they went through high school. Their earlier years are shown in flashbacks and the scenes blend easily as a recalled memory.

Although the boys grew up next to each ot
Elizabeth
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Cliffhanger alert. This couple has another book before we wrap up their story. This is not a bad one. Old themes but told well enough to keep you invested. Andy and Chance are good cahracters both with struggles of their own but have always had a deep bond. I will read the next one because I want to know how the ex best friends to lovers story ends.
CrabbyPatty
THE MORE YOU KNOW (shooting star... RAINBOW): The author notes: "Chasing Chance" is the first book in the Gilcrest University Guys series. It’s a full-length, “friends to lovers” romance novel. It has “coming out” and “first-time gay” themes, is stocked full of STEAM, heartache, and laughter, and it has a guaranteed happy ending. The series will follow the love stories of four college friends. "Chasing Chance" is the first of two books that will tell Andy and Chance’s love story. Look for book t ...more
Lily
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF 87%. I got bored. The first half of the book was annoying as hell having a flashback every few pages. The story didn't really pick up until 60%. The story had real good potential with childhood-friend-to-lover troupes and coming out drama but simply failed to execute any of it well. The characters came out as superficial and hollow and I just wasn't feeling it. I finally gave up.
Becca
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I kind of hate how this ended. It’s not exactly a cliffhanger per se, but it might as well be. When you read this story you’ll understand what I mean. There is another story to follow this one, that tells the rest of their story. And I can tell you from this story, I have a bad feeling I know what’s coming and it’s going to be rough. It has been so far. It’s a good story, don’t get me wrong. But it’s what happens when you have bigoted people in your family and have to hide who you are.
Andy has b
ari_romancebooks
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Chasing Chance By M.E. Parker
( Gilcrest University Guys #1)

This was such a surprised to me , I didn’t expect to like it that much.

I fell for the characters fast and really hard , I truly connected with them and every emotion they bring to the table , they were too good constructed.

In this story we got Chance and Andy , they were childhood friends but go in different ways when they stared college , despiste of being in the same university , But one event brings them together again and the butte
Valerie
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I can't wait for the continuation coming soon, but yeah, this is a great book. Both characters, Chance and Andy, are realistic, sympathetic characters you love from the first page. The flashbacks were handled perfectly and I had to keep reading because I wanted to know how these to men find their happiness. Although it doesn't end in this book, and continuations usually bug me, but I can't wait for Chance and Andy's story to continue.

Andy and Chance have been friends since Cha
❤ Bibi ❤
This is the second gay romance I'm lucky enough to both ARC and BETA read for M.E. Parker and boy, can she knock them out of the park. Both Chance and Andy are adorable, amazing, swoon worthy and easy to get invested in. They seem to compliment each other on every level. Where Andy is happily out of the closet, Chance is struggling to come to terms with his sexuality. It doesn't help that his deeply religious dad, is the father at the local church. So Chance was raised to thinking being gay is w ...more
Amy Dufera
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing

OMG! I absolutely Love ME Parker's Chasing Chance!

It's the story of Andy and Chance, former best friends, who haven't spoken in years. Now, junior year of college is here, and the young men are reunited. Of course, Andy is still head over heels for Chance.

Their story is one of a closeted quarterback and his ex best friend. It explores the troubles with being an out athlete, which is hands down one of my favorite tropes. It tackles important issues, such as homophobia and religious parents.

I lo
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Andy and Chance had been best friends since they were kids. But when Andy came out, Chance ghosted Andy. Now they're both at Gilcrest University, but still not in each other's lives.

Chance has always regretted how he handled Andy's coming out, for more than one reason. Lately he's been questioning himself, his desires, and the direction of his life. He's realizing that he doesn't love football as much as he used to, and he really misses Andy. Is there a hope in the world that Andy will ever allo
Kelsie ♡
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: like-not-love
3.5 Stars

Friends-to-lovers, sports, and first-time-gay - I should’ve been in book heaven. However, the MCs don’t interact in the present til about 50%, and once they do it moved a little quickly for my taste. I wanted Chance to have to grovel a lot more. That coupled with lots of flashbacks took a little enjoyment from me.

Despite those grumbles I did still enjoy the story, and was especially enamored with Cam. I’m really hoping he gets his own book.
Mateo
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yvonne
Apr 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Part one only, but it has a HFN so I’ll leave it at that.
Rodrigo
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for this type of stories. I JUST LOVE THEM. And this one has my favorite lines so far in 2020.

... “As much as I want to fulfill one of my childhood fantasies, it’s freezing, and this floor is not very comfortable.”I laughed. “Tell me about this fantasy.”He shrugged. “Duh, you and me naked. In the treehouse. What else?”
Rebeka
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
I hate that chance dated for 3 years and told Andy some details about it while Andy was in love with him. But I fucking love it that Andy dated guys in college while chance always break up with his gilfriends whenever things started being too physical.
Cute as fuck and both ass virgins which I loved
Chance was a total virgin but Andy was not he had experience being top
Natosha Wilson
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good start to what I feel is going to be an incredible series. The guys is this book are so very likable that I cannot wait to get the full story behind some of the supporting characters in this book. The two main characters of this book are of. Course, Chance, and also Andy. These two men have knon each other forever but that does not mean that it was always smooth sailing for them. M.E. Parker did a very good job on this book and with all honesty I can not wait for the next boo ...more
Michelle
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Ughhh.... if I’d know this book would’ve ended this ways I would’ve waited to read it. I would’ve waited until all the books were out in this series. I hate endings like these. It really gets me angry.
This book started off super slow for me. But picked up stream once the flashbacks stopped. And the main characters started to interact with each other.

I hated the jumping back and forth from present to past. It just breaks up the flow of the book for me. Sometimes it works. But unfortunate
We like it big book blog

Kristin
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
How long does love last and can it be captured again?
Andy: I loved Andy right from the start. You can tell he is a truly nice guy (sometimes too nice) who cares about people. The dynamic he has with his roommate Cam pulled me right into their world. It is obvious that he is still in love with Chance but he is trying to move on. What I really liked was his attitude toward the whole situation. He was angry (I would have been disappointed in him if he wasn’t) but he didn’t let it destroy him, he di
The Quille and Lampe
What I Think: This is my first time reading any tale by this authoress and she doesn’t disappoint. Andy is self-assured yet sweet and loving, loyal to a fault and wants the whole nine yards when it comes to romance including the white picket fence. Having walked out of a relationship that he realizes he should have ended a long time ago, his mind returns to his first and last love. He is certain he can never have what he truly desires though and even resolves to finally let it go only for fate t ...more
Misty M
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it

This started off a little rough for me, I’m not a fan of flashbacks, and the way this one was structured made it harder. For the first thirty-ish percent every chapter followed a formula: something happen in present day to trigger a memory, flashback, insightful insight in present day. It was used to get all their history established and it just didn’t work for me, it interrupted the pace and made for slow, tedious reading. I almost gave up a couple of times, BUT I’m glad I didn’t, because it pi
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Quarterback Sneak (Sugar Land Saints, #1)
  • Broken Play (Sugar Land Saints #2)
  • I'm Not Your Jock (Spring Break #1)
  • Fling (Nothing Serious #1)
  • Recovered Fumble (Sugar Land Saints #3)
  • The Rivalry
  • First Time
  • Risk
  • A Breath Apart
  • I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Out in the Field (Out in College, #4)
  • Out on the Ice (Out in College, #5)
  • Project Hero
  • Out in Spring (Out in College, #6)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Change of Heart (Toronto Hockey)
Librarian Note: Also writes under the pen name Mary Esther Parker ...more

Gilcrest University Guys (2 books)
  • Catching Chance (Gilcrest University Guys #2)