Start by marking “Ice Cream Man, Vol. 4: Tiny Lives” as Want to Read:
Ice Cream Man, Vol. 4: Tiny Lives

Ice Cream Man, Vol. 4: Tiny Lives

(Ice Cream Man (Collected Edition) #4)

The critically acclaimed horror anthology drives back into town, offering four new stories that zoom in on folks who are just barely scraping by--and willing to do anything to change that.

Collects ICE CREAM MAN #13-16
Published December 24th 2019 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Ice Cream Man, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Cream Man, Vol. 4

Start your review of Ice Cream Man, Vol. 4: Tiny Lives
David Schaafsma
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ice Cream Man, Volume 4: Tiny Lives continues Maxwell’s horror comics run that is washed in pastels and ice cream and sprinkles. It’s in part nostalgia for a sweet happy American time that never was, like David Lynch’s Blue Velvet (or most suburban nightmare books and movies), that fine-trimmed lawn with evil worms just below the surface.

This collection once again features Maxwell trying to do something different every time to scare you or creep you out, this time with four stories, one of them
James DeSantis
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Ice Cream Man is still going strong with its 4th volume.

This is again, 4 different stories, with very loose connections. From a story about life being a circle, to crossword puzzles, to the raising of a child and loving them unconditionally. This series tends to fall into the depressing area, and these stories are no different. With the Ice Cream Man being in the background in most of these stories we focus on each unique tale.

The first three issues are good. Not great but solid enough. I
Dávid Novotný
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Kind of a let dow after two pretty good volumes. Author should start work on some world building soon, as 16 issues of random creepy/horror stories with fluctuating quality and without proper connection to tight them together is kind of a lot.
Chris Greensmith
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ice-cream-man
"That's another insidious thing about words, right?
You finally start to feel like you've got the right ones...And then suddenly...you don't.
The board clears and the grid is empty; the puzzle begins a new.
Good luck trying to figure it a ll out"
As good and creepy as ever.
Kelsey
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
At least as good as Vol 1, not quite as good as Vol 2, but definitely better than Vol 3 and a "return to form" for the series. As a whole, this collection had the least amount of cohesion and seemed to have little to do with the Ice Cream Man at all (except as a very background driving force) and seemed to rely on our familiarity with him as a villain.
Issues 13 & 14: 5/5
Shannon
Individual issue reviews: #13 | #14 | #15 | #16

Current review score: 3.13
Madeleine Hernandez-g
"That's the thing about words, right? It can be hard to summon the right ones. As we spin inside massive swirls of context and meaning and perspective... To find the perfect word is like solving an impossible riddle."

This series is so unique!! It has a really sad tone to it and some of the situations the characters find themselves in are relatable. I love the art and the writing, but like the other volumes, this one is too short. Each issue is barely connected to the others. I feel like each
Owen
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-fantasy, horror
Holy moly! While the first book was good and the second was better, I mainly just considered this to be a mildly entertaining horror anthology. But the third book changed things. And this one? The fourth?

With this book Prince and Morazzo and O' Halloran prove that they are matters if the craft.

In this collection we have a comic palindrome. That story hit me in the same way that some works by Gaiman did. Works that simply would not work the same way in another medium.

The other stories are great,
Daniel
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
The Ice Cream Man stories are fun, especially if you're a fan of "Tales from the Darkside" or similar. The art is average at best but lends itself to the material. I was hoping this volume would advance the story of what is going on between the ICM and his antagonist, but nada. Maybe in the next volume?
Hana
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Another creepy and chaotic addition to the series. This volume centers on four seemingly unconnected stories, tied together by the continuously elusive Ice Cream Man. The level of detail that goes into these stories is impressive, and I appreciate the creative team's continued attempt to take risks within the medium, such as with their palindrome issue.
Garrett
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
When these are connected, they're epic in scope and existentially awful on a gut level. When they're isolated, like these, they're more personal, more haunting, and the visceral quality is enhanced. And apparently, I have to wait for June for a 5th volume, dammit.
Drucilla
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm not a big fan of surrealist horror, but this series continues to surprise me with it's inventiveness. The very first issue is a palindrome. A PALINDROME! With palindrome dialogue sprinkled throughout as well. I mean, come on, now you're just showing off.
Lisa
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this series. As twisted as it was, it was well done, creative, and had enough humor to make it a fun read. What to read next...
David Whalen
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Never odd or even.”
Hazel Tyson
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sooooooo dark! Love it!
el
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s a palindrome... v v cool
Cinthya Brenes

• The Weatherman, Vol. 1
  • Little Bird: The Fight for Elder's Hope
  • Batman: Damned
  • Immortal Hulk, Volume 3: Hulk In Hell

Ice Cream Man (Collected Edition) (4 books)
  • Ice Cream Man, Vol. 1: Rainbow Sprinkles