Start by marking “In Sheep's Skin” as Want to Read:
In Sheep's Skin

In Sheep's Skin

Blood Begets Its Truth.

College students, and merely acquaintances, Peter and Mary had nothing in common with one another.

Until two unrelated killers came for them.

A beast-like man.

And a man-like beast.

On the same night. At the same time. In the same place.

Bound by their trauma and their will to live at any cost, Peter and Mary have until the next full moon to uncover the
Published by Scott Hale

To ask other readers questions about In Sheep's Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Sheep's Skin

Start your review of In Sheep's Skin
Bradley
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-shelf, horror
*** Pre-Release Review ***

It is my total pleasure to say that Scott Hale has done it again. In a field that has provided so many variations on a werewolf theme, he has, in full awareness of all the conventions, out-done the lot of them.

No cute, loveable werewolves here.

Only complicated human dynamics, fantastic use of Liminal Space (look it up if you're curious), and some of the most gut-wrenching transformations (psychological or meat-grinding) I've ever read.

And I've read a lot of great horro
Scott Hale
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's out! ...more
Rachel Dawn Drenning
Finished this wonderful book tonight. Wow! What a ride! This is unlike any book I've read relating to the creature in it.
There's so much more I want to know and I really hope there's another book coming along. This had some nods towards The Bones of The Earth, as well. While I felt for Peter, I ended up hating Mary. I was so hoping she'd get her due towards the end. But then again, they are creatures of their upbringing, both of them....so you do feel some empathy.
Such a great story written wi
F.D. Gross
Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first impression of this story, after reading part one, was that it was going to be a balls to the wall, action horror book, filled with grime and guts, werewolves tearing hearts out at every chance they get, but it turned out to be much more than that. In fact, there are four parts to the story which lend a helping hand to a well-paced psychological horror themed, sociopathic, bleed all over the pages kind of experience. Hale’s background in social work speaks volumes in this latest installm ...more
Jackie Cowgill (LanternsJourney)
1.5/5

Peter and Mary meet in a Psych class and are bound together by fate when they're hunted by two different people on the same night. In Sheep's Skin takes you on a wild ride of werewolves and a strange cult.

The story is very unique, but many typos and bumpy dialogue took me out of it a bit. I also felt the beginning was stronger than the end, which left me with more questions than answers.
Blanca

• Malorie (Bird Box, #2)
  • Night of the Mannequins
  • Witchblade, Volume 2: Awakenings
  • La Belle Ajar
  • Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1)
  • Mexican Gothic
  • Halloween Season
  • Treif Magic
  • Ape in the Ring: & Other Tales of the Macabre and Uncanny
  • Wait for Night
  • Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)
  • The Troop
  • Standalone
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Attachments
  • Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love
Scott Hale has always been obsessed with all things horror. While it's not uncommon for his writings to blend multiple genres together, Horror is ever-present, be it in the scenarios themselves, or the uncomfortable truths he dares to explore.

Scott is the demented mastermind behind The Bones of the Earth series. Six books and four years later, the series has come to an end, but his addiction to wr

News & Interviews