Start by marking “Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)” as Want to Read:
Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)

Five Dark Fates

(Three Dark Crowns #4)

Three dark sisters rise to fight. Allegiances shift. Bonds break. Secrets surface.

Mirabella has returned to the capital, seemingly under a banner of truce.

Katherine maintains her rule over Fennbirn – for now – but at huge personal cost.

Arsinoe is lost, the responsibility of stopping the ravaging mist heavy on her shoulders.

As oldest and youngest circle each other, and
Published September 19th 2019 by Macmillan Children's Books (first published September 3rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Five Dark Fates, please sign up.
Ambia She really wanted to end the reign of the Poisoners and although she thought Mirabella was a sure-fire win and so the fates of the other two didn't…moreShe really wanted to end the reign of the Poisoners and although she thought Mirabella was a sure-fire win and so the fates of the other two didn't matter, she took no chances by taking the true poisoner from them. I think Willa went along with it cos she saw how strong Mira was and just thought who cares if the two sacrifices die in the wrong places.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Blair
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
Cesar
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars.

Since Five Dark Fates was announced a year ago, a lot of people, including myself, were anticipating the finale while wanting to know who will be the one true queen.

With the book finally released, does Five Dark Fates give us a great finale, or does it suffer from being a dull finale?

Sadly, for me, it's the latter.

Five Dark Fates sets up the story and characters to conclude the ongoing threat against Katherine, the rebels, and the Mist surrounding Fennbrin. Major obstacles are in the
Hamad
Feb 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I really hope this does not end up being One Fat Disappointment!
Tomoe Hotaru
05 Sep. '19
My other reviews for:
Three Dark Crowns | One Dark Throne | Two Dark Reigns

This book in a nutshell:

confused? read 1 | 2 | 3

Overall, it’s a two-star series for me.
Hoboy. Where do we even begin with this?

I thought I'd be nice and start with the positives. Most of them had to do with the expectations, predictions, and questions [[which you can read at the end of this review]] that I had for this book. Unfortunately, even the positive points came with an execution that I found lacking,
Amy Imogene Reads
An incredibly weak ending to such a promising series. (Not to mention an upsetting and polarizing one?) Literally all of my expectations fell through like dominos in the second half.

Pacing:
Character arcs:
Ending:

EVERYTHING BELOW THIS POINT WILL BE A SPOILER. SORRY!

Fatih Turgut
It's rumoured title is: Last Dark Queen. AS I SAID ITS JUST A RUMOUR
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
3/29/19
With this synopsis it seems Pietyr really is gone and buried =(
---
2/6/19
Omg this cover and title reveal!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This finale is going to be insane.

helena
perfection!

i can’t believe this series is over. i’m gonna miss it.
Suzanne
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Good finale to a great series that I highly enjoyed. It moves at a good pace and the characters we have read and watched developed over the last three books come to head fairly quickly. The action was intriguing but the real intensity comes from the dead queens. Overall, a satisfying final book!
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
My emotions! I don't know what I feel yet! Lol I need to let this one marinate for a while. So much happened to the queens and their family and friends over the past 4 books. One thing is for sure... I'm glad I read it.

Buddy Read with Natalie & Misha
Catherine
0,5) Queens of Fennbirn
1) Three Dark Crowns
2) One Dark Throne
3) Two Dark Reigns

I think this finale book will be very polarizing for every reader who liked the Three Dark Crowns series until then: either it was what you wanted or it wasn't. Yes, there will be 3 stars ratings like always, but I think that mostly we have the ones who will give it 4 stars: good finale, makes sense, it was what they expected from the conclusion and the ones like me giving it 2 stars: we really liked this book
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
“Three dark sisters rise to fight.”

representation: disability rep (amputation of a hand and a leg), f/f rep.

[trigger warnings are listed at the bottom of this review and may contain spoilers]

・゚: *・゚:* 3 . 5 s t a r s *:・゚*:・゚

This series was so much fun, but this last book had SO MANY PLOT HOLES. I'm still left with so many questions even though the entire thing is over. Mainly, (view spoiler)
Ashley
Star Rating: —> 4.5 Stars

Wow. I actually loved this so much & thought it was a crazy ride, but a rather well-fitting ending for the series. A few things I didn’t like, but maybe I’m just more critical of finales :-P

Maybe a more detailed RTC ? Who knows.

I feel so... off. As do I always when something has ended permanently.
*Sighs*
Jessica {Litnoob}
It makes me really happy how solid a conclusion this book was. We were left with four queens and no clear end path in sight. And immediately we are back in the thick of it, with lines of allegiance shifting constantly and the powers that are in play growing with every day.

Every loss was a powerful one and we had time to cope before we had to face another. I even appreciate that the curses end was as I assumed it would be. All in all I was very damn pleased with all the pain this book brought to
Fiona
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sad, twisted-sisters, ya
Krystal
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well this sure was full of some dark twists and turns!!

The fourth and final book and can I just address the fact that this is called FIVE Dark Fates when
a) we haven't had FOUR anything yet
b) there are three queens - four if you count Jules - so whose fates are we talking about?

Also YES I have read this book and still have no idea which five fates this book is referring to. But YES there are some dark ones. Yikes.

WARNING: This review contains uncensored spoilers for the previous three books in
Morgane Schroyen
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I need this book like yesterday
Elizabeth
I’m conflicted because of my emotional investment in the characters and general approval of the conclusion, but much like the last two seasons of GoT, this book suffers from the pacing.
Andrea
God I can't believe it's over. I am reeling from the emotional destruction of this and the end of Kingdom of Ash which I also finished today :/

I don't have enough words for how it feels to finally finish this series. I've loved this series for four years now and it finally ended. Two Dark Reigns ended with Jules's legion curse being unbound, Katherine refusing to give up the dead queens, Mira betraying Arsinoe and leaving for the capital and Arsinoe trying to cure Jules and deal with the
Kathy
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abbie
F*CKING HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had such high hopes for this series. F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe that was how it ended. I am so freaking disappointed.

description

Claire ✨
FIVE DARK FATES may polarise readers as it draws the grim, dark tale of three triplet queens to a close. Though with its varied, three-dimensional cast, what it builds up to ultimately is not given in the end.

What is simply a fact about the last book of the series: you don't want it to disappoint you.

Yet I come away from FIVE DARK FATES... underwhelmed.

I think at this point, if you're still criticising the slow pacing of the series, you will probably find it most obvious in FIVE DARK FATES.
The Enchanted Library
I can't believe it's over... I feel empty

*update*
I struggled to fall asleep last night.
I'm gonna miss this series and its characters so much.
Alexandra Elend Wolf
Time to finish this series.

I don't what, exactly, I'm looking for here. I supposed a very epic finale is in order and, perhaps, something that feels more like the second book than the last one did.

Something that makes sense and feels true to the story.

I'm excited to see Arsione again and, in general, the three Queens that managed to steal my heart and I have an idea of how I wat their stories to end... I'll probably will be dissapointed if it doesn't happen.

We'll see, I guess.
Kristi
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Buy the book or borrow it from the library

description

I have some mixed feelings about this and for me this was very middle of the road. SO Im going to ramble and throw down some random feels and thoughts. I enjoyed it and Im happy that I'm done with the series. Im not disappointed in the ending but I am disappointed in the delivery. I mean... for the most part, we all kind of know how its going to end but we don't know the "who".

I'll try to break down my issues and lingering questions. I'll do my best to
Rachel
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Warning! There will be spoilers about the other books in the series***

This isn't a bad book by any means. It was just unnecessary. I listened to this on audiobook and after thirty percent, turned the speed up to get through it. I've spent so much time on this series, and I truly do love the Queens of Fennbirn, I had to see it through the end.

The problem is this was a 2-book series that maybe could have been 3, definitely shouldn't have been 4. What made me fall in love with this series,
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
This whole series was a solid 3 for me... the last book picked up, so I was hopeful for the final book, but it was good, not great.
R.F. Gammon
Oct 03, 2019 marked it as nopenopenope  ·  review of another edition
Book 1: 3
Book 2: 1
Book 3: 2
Book 4: 5

(plz tell me I got that right)

This is like Star Wars. But worse.
The Nerd Daily
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Tasha Leigh

So I will start out by saying, if you haven’t read the first three novels in the Three Dark Crowns series, you should probably choose a different article to read (but definitely come back to this one once you have). Unless of course you don’t mind getting a brief overview of the plot of the last 1300ish pages of narrative that doesn’t give away the fine intricacies of the novels. Even then, you should still read the previous novels…

So
Lindsay
*sigh* a very, very soft for the final farewell of our favorite trio of queens. I may end up rounding down if I sit on this review for too long.

This has not been a good year for endings in general as most series with last books published in 2019 for me have been total flops. At least with Five Dark Fates I can say this is an ending that I can live with. While I may not have particularly enjoyed certain aspects of Kendare Blake’s plot/character choices I think for the most part fans will not be
Addicted to YA: Five Dark Fates 5 83 Nov 10, 2019 11:31AM
Addicted to YA: Discussion Leader Sign Up: Five Dark Fates 3 45 Nov 01, 2019 02:28PM
The count down begins!!! 2 14 Aug 15, 2019 05:52AM

• Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #4)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Four Dead Queens
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1)
  • Sea Witch Rising (Sea Witch, #2)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
So, I write books. The Anna Dressed in Blood duo is horror, The Goddess War trilogy is mythology, and Sleepwalk Society is contemporary, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. Love to read, too. Fiction, philosophy, good books, bad books, because you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have a ...more

Three Dark Crowns (4 books)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)