Start by marking “A Penny For Your Thoughts” as Want to Read:
A Penny For Your Thoughts

A Penny For Your Thoughts

Fresh from a stretch in prison, Joe Openshaw is living at home with his father and trying to get his life together again. He has let go of old habits, especially the ones that turned him into an addict and helped land him in prison.

On a hike along the Lowback Trail, Joe stumbles on one of the town's oldest secrets--buried long ago, if not forgotten.

It's an unusual but safe
Paperback, First edition, 292 pages
Expected publication: June 1st 2019 by Poltergeist Press

To ask other readers questions about A Penny For Your Thoughts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Penny For Your Thoughts

Frank Errington
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review copy

I recently started reading Matt Hayward's work with his most recent book, The Faithful, of which I said, "If you're a fan of Lovecraftian horror, you don't want to miss this one. Certainly recommended."

I've long been a fan of Bob Ford. Read anything by Bob and I can promise you won't be disappointed.

One of the cool backstories to A Penny For Your Thoughts is that Matt lives in Ireland and Bob in Central Pennsylvania, a distance of about 3,300 miles, not to mention an entire ocean. Tha
Tracy Robinson
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“…that thought was soon drowned out by something much more frightening; something that made the walls of prison seem like a good idea. That child’s notes kept their word.”

This book rocks. End of review. I kid, of course, but as with any book that I truly enjoy, it’s hard to write a review that doesn’t fangirl all over the place or give away entirely too much of the novel. Have no fear of spoilers, but I cannot guarantee there won’t be some moments of cheerleading.

As mentioned in the synopsis abo
Tim Meyer
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible story. Well-written, great plot twists, and characters that make you want to dive into the pages to help them. Put this on top of your must-read list for 2019. It's THAT good.
Mommacat
Review Copy

A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS by Bob Ford and Matt Hayward is exactly what I want in a book. Not just a well planned and well written book, but well edited as well. A collaboration is not easy to pull off, usually the authors simply round robin the chapters or the characters. It can be easy to tell who wrote what. But this story flowed very well. It's clear a lot of thought went into the preparation of this before putting it out for review.

The characters are people. Just people. People wi
Suz Jay
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Something I learned on the inside is if you’re going to do something, then do it fast and hard and don’t let up until you’ve achieved your goal.”*

Joe was recently released from prison for a robbery conviction. He’s doing his best to keep his parole officer and his dear dad convinced he’s staying away from drugs and a life of crime. Unfortunately, bad influences like his friend Kenny, his former
Kim Napolitano
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off I was graciously provided this ARC by the author pre-release and my review is my own.

Joe is a post addict released from prison with demons already at his heels. Growing up in a blue collar forgettable neighborhood with a Dad who loves his son more than anything. Joe finds a jar of wheat penny wishes that seems amusing at first, until they become to come true. Kenny, his best not best friend and Eva? She’s an amazing character rounds out a supporting cast of who are on an adventure to
Kelli
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing read!! I couldn't tell which author wrote which section. Matt Hayward and Robert Ford blend together so beautifully, you'd think they'd been collaborating for years... and hope they do it again. No favoritism, no nepotism, this is truly a great story and must-read from both of them.
Nyashadzashe Chikumbu