Start by marking “The Brilliant Dark: The Realms of Ancient, Book 3” as Want to Read:
The Brilliant Dark: The Realms of Ancient, Book 3

The Brilliant Dark: The Realms of Ancient, Book 3

(The Realms of Ancient #3)

The highly anticipated final installment in Beiko's thrilling YA fantasy trilogy

It's been seven years since the Denziens, an unseen people with elemental powers, were unmasked, and seven years since Roan Harken and Eli Rathgar disappeared into the Brilliant Dark.

Marked by Darklings and Death alike, Saskia is a mechanically minded Mundane, raised by Barton and
Published September 24th 2019 by ECW Press

To ask other readers questions about The Brilliant Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brilliant Dark

Start your review of The Brilliant Dark: The Realms of Ancient, Book 3
Meigan
7 years have passed since Roan and Eli set out to the Brilliant Dark to wake Ancient in hopes of saving the world. 7 whole years, who knows how time passes in the underworld, but after 7 long years the world doesn’t seem any closer to Saved. While things were always tense in the previous two books and had the air of doom and gloom, things really seem hopeless with The Brilliant Dark.

Denizens are no longer hidden, forced out in the open because of *events*, the regular folks have staged an uproa
Rendz
2 stars: 3.0-5.4/10
3 stars: 5.5-7.0/10
4 stars: 7.1-9.0/10
5 stars: 9.1-10/10
Rating based on plot, characters, and writing (2x)

Characters: 8/10
Plot: 7.2/10
Writing: 7/10
General enjoyment: 6.5/10

Review
The way the characters developed was interesting as was seeing how the Elemental Task Force formed and technically controlled everything. The way some things mirrored WW2 was a bit disturbing though, and honestly quite unrealistic. People, especially people in/>/>General/>:/>:/>:
Harold Walters
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Brilliant Dark [ECW Press], is Manitoba writer S. M. Beiko’s third book in her The Realms of Ancient YA trilogy.

This series is about gods and monsters, people with magical powers … and, oh, the end of the world.

The dark, shadow moon, that has hovered in a stationary position above planet Earth, has recently moved. This is an ominous sign that the final days of (What else?) “life as we know it” have begun.

Seven years ago, seven years before the shifting of
Tonstant Weader
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Brilliant Dark is the third and final installment in The Realm of Ancients series by S. M. Beiko. In this last chapter of the series, the story is organized around Saskia, a Mundane who has been raised by Denizens. The Mundanes are the Muggles of Beiko’s world, but they are no longer in ignorance of the powers of the Denizens. This is our world revealed to have been created by the Ancient, a god whose silence has driven the world to the brink of disaster since a black moon rose in the sky an ...more
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Brilliant Dark is the third book in The Realms of Ancient trilogy. It follows Saskia in a world formed after the Denizens and Roan Harken and the turmoil they have left the world in. Saskia fights for her friends and herself as the author weaves another beautiful and deep world through the stories of the past and the stories of the present.

Beiko is a wonderful world builder and each time I find myself surprised at how much more there can be to build out and create, but she does it so well.
April Regier
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
This is the third book of The Realms of Ancient trilogy. I had not read the first two but was able to follow along with no problem. If anything, I want to go back and catch-up on the other two books. The world-building was amazing and the characters were well written. Definitely a thrilling read!

ARC provided by the publisher via net galley in exchange for an honest review
Annarella
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A gripping and fun read that kept me hooked till the end.
I loved the well written cast of characters, the interesting world building and how the plot is developed.
i look forward to reading other books by this author.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Nikki Stafford
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A STUNNING conclusion to the Realms of Ancient trilogy. Beiko has written a truly epic story that has beautifully stuck the landing. I loved this book.
Raquel
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think my heart will ever recover from this one. Solid series ending, wow.
Suzanne Waters
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
At first I was a bit sceptical about this book, but it slowly grew on me. Good story and loved the setting. It just needed that little extra something.
S.M.
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
ECW Press
Winnie Ng
Anna Marie
Emily

• The Call of the Rift: Veil
  • The Forest City Killer: A Serial Murderer, a Cold-Case Sleuth, and a Search for Justice
  • Honey
  • Whose Water Is It, Anyway?: Taking Water Protection Into Public Hands
  • Fire Trap: A T.J. Peterson Mystery
  • Do You Mind If I Cancel? (Things That Still Annoy Me)
  • Your House Will Pay
  • A Grown-Up Guide to Dinosaurs
  • Gyo
  • Silk
  • The Light in the Hallway
SAMANTHA MARY BEIKO is a writer of whatever tromps into her head at the time--but mostly it is YA fantasy and its derivatives.

She currently works full-time the Canadian publishing industry as a freelance editor, graphic designer, and consultant, and is the Co-Publisher of ChiZine Publications. She devotes her days to helping traditional corporate publishers, as well as independent writ

The Realms of Ancient (3 books)
  • Scion of the Fox (The Realms of Ancient, #1)
  • Children of the Bloodlands (The Realms of Ancient, #2)