Start by marking “Superman: Action Comics, Vol. 2: Leviathan Rising” as Want to Read:
Superman: Action Comics, Vol. 2: Leviathan Rising

Superman: Action Comics, Vol. 2: Leviathan Rising

(Action Comics (2016) (Collected Editions) #7)

The adventures of the Man of Steel continue in North America's longest-running comic book series, headlined by fan-favorite writer Brian Michael Bendis. Clark Kent dives deeper into his role as an investigative reporter, but will he uncover something so big and so dangerous that not even Superman will survive to break the story?

The terror organization Leviathan has
Published November 12th 2019 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Superman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman

Start your review of Superman: Action Comics, Vol. 2: Leviathan Rising
Artemy
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bendis somehow keeps upping his game, and while everything he’s done at DC so far has been pretty amazing, his run on Action is the best book he’s writing right now for my money. The second volume of Action builds up towards Event Leviathan coming this summer, and I couldn’t be more pumped for it if I tried. I mean, the dude brought Matt Fraction back to superhero comics! And yes, that Jimmy Olsen book is going to be wild and awesome, judging by the short story in Leviathan Special. And that ...more
Anthony
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty good build up to the Bendis event that's coming this summer. Also cool seeing Superman do some undercover spy stuff. And the Epting art is nice.
Sans
Maybe it's because I took a five month break from this. Or maybe it really is that weird and confusing. Whatever the case is, I'm not enjoying this insanity anymore. This Leviathan event better pay out or someone needs to step on Bendis' ego and restrict how much he gets to write.

Also, why does he think Lois not knowing how to spell words is constantly funny? It was cute the first couple of times, but now it's just annoying and highlights his reliance on gimmicks.
Ramon
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. It kinda irks me when the pre-event book to a 6-issue event is 5 issues but here the conspiracy stuff just worked. It was exciting and it was tense but there was still time for some sweetness and humor (Chaz). I love how fast and chaotic things feel, and again, Bendis just seems re-invigorated with his move to DC and seems to have a great handle on these characters. Besides which, Epting's art is just *chef kissyfingers*. Very dramatic compositions, ...more
Tundextra
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: d-c-reads
What, why, who, where, how is the Leviathan? The DC universe is about to be turned on its head, with Superman, Lois, Olsen, The Bat, Supergirl, Amanda Waller, Bones, Sam Lane and more, all way out of step with the irresistible force wrecking the world espionage bodies!

The concept is great, but lacks the long-term planning and foreshadowing Bendis did for the likes of Secret Invasion and Dark Reign. There's a sense that it feels, that even with his gravitas, he, Bendis his trying to prove
Kat
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Basic plot: Spy agencies across the world are being destroyed and people are going missing, and a mysterious something called Laviathan seems to be behind it.

Conspiracies and mysteries. Waller and the Question. Secrets. This is a fantastic arc. Art is good and it was a page turner as far as plot. The characters were all doing what they do best, so the writing is on point.

I have 2 mild complaints. 1- the last arc left off at a place that needed finishing and this arc took off in a completely
Christian Zamora-Dahmen
Bendis keeps giving the same note over and over again: he establishes something but just won’t deliver! A whole arc just finished here and it barely works as a prelude of things to come. The pace is deadly slow and it looks like it will simply not reach any revealing point... just like this whole arc where we found out simply nothing.
I hope Bendis doesn’t play this same pace on the upcoming Legion book. I just couldn’t bare it.
Logan
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The good news is that this story is legitimately interesting, and Bendis writes Lois and Clark well. The bad news is that I've gotta go track down an event miniseries now, because Bendis can't just tell his story in the pages of his ongoing series, nooooooo, that would be too convenient...
John
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bit heavy on mythos and last continuity, but intriguing.
Elessar
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
J'aime toujours autant le boulot de Bendis sur Superman, que ce soit dans le titre éponyme ou bien ici.
Je me régale.
Hew J France
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thus far, Bendis is excelling at giving us a Superman thatr we, the reading audience, can connect with. And his Lois Lane is a badass, literally punching Amanda Waller (DC's version of Nick Fury, more or less) and decking her. Loving this series so far.
Kenny Porter

• House of X/Powers of X
  • Justice League, Volume 3: Hawkworld
  • Batman, Volume 11: The Fall and the Fallen
  • Superman: Year One
  • Wonder Twins Vol. 1: Activate!
  • Justice League Dark, Vol. 2: Lords of Order
  • The Green Lantern, Vol. 1: Intergalactic Lawman
  • The Flash: Year One
  • Justice League, Volume 4: The Sixth Dimension
  • Justice League, Volume. 2: Graveyard of Gods
  • DCeased
  • Daredevil, Vol. 1: Know Fear

Action Comics (2016) (Collected Editions) (8 books)
  • Superman: Action Comics, Volume 1: Path of Doom