Start by marking “Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living” as Want to Read:
Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living

Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living

"Fun, fresh--a brilliant love story with a twist." --Jenny Colgan, author of The Bookshop on the Corner

Bridget Jones meets "The Good Place" in this witty and poignant novel about a woman whose untimely death sparks the journey of a lifetime

Rule one: anything can happen

Daisy Cooper's life is just getting started, when suddenly it ends. Surprised to find herself in an
Published March 3rd 2020 by Park Row

To ask other readers questions about Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living

Start your review of Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living
Victoria
2.5 Stars

I'm very torn about this book. The synopsis sounds exactly like my type of book but I felt myself being really bored throughout almost all of it. It was incredibly predictable, as soon as Daisy died and saw Death I knew exactly how the rest of the book was going to play out. I really wish we could have gone into more detail about the afterlife and how it works, I felt like whenever Daisy was curious or asked questions, it was always brushed off, ignored or Death would say that it's
Janet
Superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book and many more today. LOL

Rule One: Anything Can Happen

Daisy Coopers life has been pretty uneventfuluntil the moment it suddenly
Kaylee
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
I don't think I've ever been more excited to finish a book. This was sadly a chore for me to read :( I feel like this book operated more through telling than showing which made it a challenge to get through and connect with. I liked the premise and the relationships that were formulated, but everything sort of just fell flat for me. I did win this off a giveaway and I appreciate it!
Iseethestrals
This was good. A different perspective on the persona of Death than what I've read before.

A good story about friendship, moving on to a new life and being torn about leaving your old life.
Tristan Munoz
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We all die, that's an unfortunate part of life. But what happens when your life ends before it's meant to? This is what happens to Daisy Cooper. Due to a clerical error, she finds herself in Death's processing center more than 50 years before her time. She can not "move on" to the place where people go when they die because it wasn't her time, nor can she return to life.

Never having dealt with this kind of conundrum before, Death offers Daisy a job as his assistant to help pass the time until
Holly
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you so much to Kate at Orion for #gifting me a copy of this beautiful book.
Without a doubt 5 stars, this book deserves all the stars!!!

My thoughts: Daisy Cooper you made me feel all the emotions, you broke my heart, you made me laugh, cry and smile MANY times. This book is so beautifully written, it explores grief, mental health, love , friendship and heartbreak so accurately and relatable, yet so delicately and beautifully. You will seriously feel all the emotions while reading this.
I
Brooke Dilling
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Roxanne
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a unique topic to write about. Daisy Miller has lead not a very exciting life but because of a clerical error she is declared dead. So now she has to learn how to live again but this time in a more meaningful way. She learns the people who thought they lost her are having a hard time going forward. The author divides the book up into sections of rules from learning the universe is not fair, to families are complicated, find the world,s magic, and my favorite being kind is a superpower.
Violaine
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-books
It's a book on death but it is actually quite... joyful and I found it entertaining. It was a light read, felt a bit like a rom com at times, but really enjoyable. When Daisy dies - a mistake -, she ends up becoming Death's assistant, and gets to travel to see what happens to her relatives and friends after she passed. It's written in a way that feels engaging and funny despite the topic, and it does make you think at times. Really enjoyed it.

Free ARC received from NetGalley.
Beth
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daisy Cooper's Rules for Living was an entertaining book.
It is ultimately a book on friendship. It gives an interesting perspective of the after life.

I enjoyed the character of Death. It was an interesting spin.

Overall, the book was enjoyable and I read it in about two sittings.
I would recommend.

Thank you #NetGalley for the ARC.
Jackie Trimble
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would have given it 5 stars, but it made me cry too much. I don't like crying when I read :-) The fact that it made me cry so often is a testament to Keily and how she really explains grief, depression, death, etc., so poignantly! Kudos to a wonderfully written book.
Bookclubbish