Start by marking “Adventurer Academy (Greyblood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Adventurer Academy (Greyblood, #1)

Adventurer Academy

(Greyblood #1)

Born a monster. Destined to be a hero.

Half-Orc. Half-Human. All Champion.

Lugor is a Half-Orc, and in his world, that's a very dangerous thing to be.

He dreams of becoming an Adventurer, slaying monsters and delving into dungeons. Unfortunately for him, one cut to his skin could reveal his secret. He's forced to spend his days in his small village, working at the Smithy and
Published March 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Adventurer Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventurer Academy

Start your review of Adventurer Academy (Greyblood, #1)
GaiusPrimus
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really fun book

I delayed reading this book as a lot of the "Academy" stories end up being a series of drama and romantic events, repeating ad nauseaum.

I'm very glad this book didn't follow that trope and that the academy parts were mostly training montages and action scenes.

Good book.
Esme
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: spfbo-5
I read this for SPFBO 5, I'll leave a review after the contest starts!
Heath
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2019
Good Read.

A LitRPG story. With half-orcs despised, he gets a unique class. With his friends, a battles are fought against a outside forces and the prejudice of the people around him.
Victor Tempest
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rise of the Champion

Mannn. Im mad as all get out. See this is why hate reading new series. You try out a book thinking it just might be ok, and next thing you know you start loving the characters and can't wait to see what happens next. But guess what? Now i have to wait for book 2. This sucks... Hurry up Mr. Prince. You got some fans waiting on you.
Travis
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an excellent book, but once again, we run into the poor editing that most LitRPG books suffer from.
The author notes at the end of the book claim it was professionally edited, if this is the case, then the poor author got ripped off big time, and anybody that claims they are a professional editor that turns out quality like this should quit editing in shame. through has a letter "R" in it, stood actually has multiple forms (you know, stand, standing), sat is also not the only form of the
Melissa Jane
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very exciting. I was rooting for the underdog the entire time. Looking forward to a sequel.
Artrain
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Rating it two stars, which means it was just okay. Too many things that I did not like.
- Typical dumb protagonist who gets a supposedly powerful and unique class.
- A medieval setting where people use modern American slang (please stop doing that, otherwise just base your stories in modern America).
- Your regular fantasy races like dwarves, elves, etc. all of whom behave like teenage human children (then whats the point of having different races?).
- An academy setting with the typical
Vroom
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is utter tripe, an amateurish forgettable mess with cookie cutter characters and pointless plot. I raised it from one ("I didn't like it") to two ("it was okay") stars because the writing wasn't bad and the author may develop some better plotting and characterization skills in the future.
John
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Solid First Book in this Genre
Lots of editing errors, duplicate start of sentences, incorrect word usage (span instead of spun/spin, etc. etc.). But if you can get by those, has something to offer.

No back ground or explanation of how or why the world works in a LitRPG Fashion is the big hole in the story, but you can ignore that.

Some of the game mechanic ideas are cool.

Lugor, half-orc by blood, adopted by a human mother, is stuck in a small town with middling prospects. Rich kids get to go try
Jake
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cool Premise. Worth reading. Not very polished though.

I have a lot of negative things to say, but don't let that dissuade you if you're on a litRPG kick. I really enjoyed this book. Felt a smidgen rushed but this was still probably top 5 of litRPGs so far. It skips straight over any attempt to explain why they're in an rpg-esque universe which really just turns into its own type of world building. Theres no long drawn out, or incredibly brief explanation of so-and-so getting stuck in a game
andy mason
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good start.

For a first book in a series, one of the main things you are looking for is a connection, a link to the characters that makes you want to keep turning the page again and again, and if you get this right all the way to the final page.
Where you find yourself torn between receiving the hoped for welcomed ending for the characters that you wished for. But, not too good as you need a guide line to pull you into book 2 and simply wishing that that couldn't be the last page as you
S T
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Greyblood: Adventurer Academy raises the bar of the LitRPG genre. Daniel Prince found a way to give exactly what you expect: fantasy mixed with video games! The genre is amazing and reading in it has been an utter joy but this book takes it beyond joy to pure thrilling. Most books in LitRPG take the perspective of people playing in a video game but Greyblood gives you a whole world in the style that you expect from the genre without it actually being set inside a video game. There are some ...more
Ryan McCoin
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good start

This was a good debut novel and a good start overall to a series. The characters were unique, likable, and and occasionally realistically flawed. The world building is interesting, if a little basic, but the class progression system is probably the most unique and interesting part of the system set up. It allows the characters a great level of flexibility and autonomy over class progression. I'm looking forward to the second book and seeing how the author handles a *spoilers* village
Robin Pike
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave this book a 4 our of 5 on Goodreads, I really really loved this book. But the "5" is reserved for books that manage to blow my mind with something. Still, for me the "4" is considered an Excellent Book! And I will recommend this book to everyone that I know!

Full review/ happy rant on: https://rpike.blogspot.com/2019/05/gr...

I'm just noticing something strange... isn't this book attributed to the wrong Daniel Prince?
Wolkenfels
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: game-litrpg-2019
A young half-orc needs to hide his heritage, wants to be an adventurer and finally gets to teh adventurer academy, meets friends and shows that he can be a hero.
Loved this - lighthearted story with some nice dungeons, some inovative problem solutions (only mention the first boss encounter) a good group social interaction and so on.
Solid good entertainmant!
Cannot wait for the next book of this series.
Johnny
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Book one

Mistakes: This is littered with errors that really mess up the flow of the story.
Plot: Half monster half human sets out to become a hero after a God gives him the best class.
Skills are pulled out of thin air as needed.
Characters: Can't really care about the people when they can pull needed skills out of thin air. You know that the author won't let them die, so why care about them?
4.5/10
Elise Judd
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good casual read

I enjoyed the characters and many of the small things that made the story fun. It did feel like something is missing though. Maybe because the hero acts pretty chill in response to a loved one's bring in an incredibly dangerous predicament. Maybe it's because the world/lore feels very small. These in no way detract from a good read though, and I'll be happy to read the next one in the series.
Lyndon
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: litrpg-read
Finally... LitRPG that just starts in the world

Not a bad book, minor issues like missing punctuation and stuff but nothing that took away from the story.

I'm starting to like LitRPG that just starts in the world. This book still had the requisite stats and everything, just without all that annoying OOG stuff.
Richard Crossan
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A light in the dark

I've read or at least attempted to read around 20ish books over the last month or so and to be honest I was losing faith in this sort of genre. This book however renewed my faith, with fun but detailed and interesting characters as well as a well thought out world. Lot's of humour and action. Can't wait for the next book in the series
Jed Moulton
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down

I love a good story. And this one was epic. I will admit it was a little predictable. But that's not a bad thing. It was obvious who the protagonist and antagonist was. Love interest, friendships, and total jerks. A damn good story. So glad the next one is ready. Hey author, you're working on the 3rd right?
Jonathan
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay

I liked the sample, the rest... I got annoyed by the characters having to *sometimes* call out their skills to use them, the vacillating between juvenile and adult, and the unexplained skill in tactics that the MC had. But worse was the verb errors and editing hiccups. Overall, it’s a fun story. Worth a follow, just don’t expect a lot.
ashwini hublikar
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Solid LitRPG

This book is a good read if you enjoy litRPG, especially those with a vr aspect. The plotting is well done and the worldbuilding is fairly good. There a few editing errors that I recommend the author fix if possible, but nothing that detracts from the story. I'll definitely be reading the next installment!
Andrew
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jt
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story

The story was good the game play elements weren't overpowering. The there was little vulgar language. My biggest complaint was spelling and grammar issues. Led instead of laid. Span instead of spun. Hanged instead of hung. Only people are hanged. A few incomplete sentences in the character dialogs.
Lee Taylor
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lite litrpg fantasy badassery ^^

Looking forward to book two. It was an enjoyable read with some solid foundation being built bring on the rest of the series good job author dude. You got yourself a new follower.... on amazon I mean I’m 6ft 5 I would be a terrible stalker irl.
Katarina chesney
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoying read

Interesting book with a Harry Potter vibe but with litrpg mechanics, easy read with interesting characters. Looking forward to the next book which I’ll definitely pick up
Maxime Cadrin
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Decent story and writing

Decent story and writing, I gave it 3 stars because there were quite a few spelling and grammar mistakes, along with unfinished sentences and copy-pasted paragraphs.
Helen M. Whitchurch
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

Emerging talents against prejudiced opponents, half orc champion with good friends. Develops blacksmithing and mining skills. Unique fantasy training method, dance to improve footwork. Real life, some athletes study ballet similar goals.
Andrew Brown
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Highly recommend

I was back and forth about reading this but I really like adventure/crafting books so I thought I would give it a shot, and I am happy I did. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading the next.
Adam Shook
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very engaging

Alot of typos and format errors but a good book made me think of what Harry Potter could have been if he didn't prefer to play with "wands" I look forward to the next book
« previous 1 3 next »

• Towers of Heaven (Towers of Heaven, #1)
  • The Mayor of Noobtown (Noobtown, #1)
  • Supermage (Rise to Omniscience, #1)
  • Dukes and Ladders (The Good Guys, #5)
  • Reborn: Apocalypse (A LitRPG/Wuxia Story)(Volume 1)
  • Shadow Sun Survival (Shadow Sun, #1)
  • Stone Will (Dragon Heart, #1)
  • Light Online Book One: Farmer
  • Bone Dungeon (Elemental Dungeon #1)
  • Starbreak (Rise to Omniscience, #2)
  • Shadow Sun Expansion (Shadow Sun, #2)
  • Dungeon World (Dungeon Core #1)
  • Class-A Threat (Disgardium, #1)
  • Home, Siege Home (The Good Guys, #6)
  • Retribution (Limitless Lands, #3)
  • Towers of Heaven (Towers of Heaven, #2)
  • Equalize (Ether Collapse #1)
  • Shadow Sun Rebellion (Shadow Sun, #3)
Quit the rat race with wife and 4 kids to travel the world for 3 years.

Greyblood (2 books)
  • Metamorphosis (Greyblood, #2)