Start by marking “The Introvert Confounds Innocence (The Introvert #2)” as Want to Read:
The Introvert Confounds Innocence (The Introvert #2)

The Introvert Confounds Innocence

(The Introvert #2)

THE INTROVERT CONFOUNDS INNOCENCE continues the story of the eponymous anti-hero introduced in THE INTROVERT.

With his life disrupted by an unscrupulous work colleague and a bully at his son Toby’s school, things go from bad to worse when his neighbor’s abusive boyfriend goes missing, plunging the introvert into the center of a murder investigation.

Increasingly hounded by a
Paperback, 1st, 226 pages
Published October 5th 2019 by Black Opal Books

To ask other readers questions about The Introvert Confounds Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Introvert Confounds Innocence

Start your review of The Introvert Confounds Innocence (The Introvert #2)
Miriam Smith
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kept-book, signed
After the success of "The Introvert" back in 2016, it goes without saying that the author Michael Paul Michaud, had to write more based on the loveable anti hero that featured in the original story. Once again the author has created and produced an excellent novella to keep readers entertained from the very first page. As with any series, reading the first would help introduce you to the very anti social but likeable vacuum salesman who is constantly funny in both conversations and actions, ...more
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is the second book to feature The Introvert, of which thinking about it, yet again, we don’t get to know his name in this one either. It reads very well as a stand alone so don’t worry if you haven’t had a chance to read the first book.

Told from the point of view of The Introvert himself, it really makes for a compelling read. He doesn’t adjust to new people or new situations very well at all. I thought the parts to do with him and his new work colleague Gordon so funny. I really am
abdulia ortiz-perez
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I received this free book from the publisher for honest review.

4 stars

This is the first time reading from this author.

What a beautiful wonderful amazing read.

What a great read! This had me hooked from the beginning. The sitting, theme, and the Characters had me pulled so in. Everything was well put together and it was just perfect. This novel did just that to me.
Highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. Its so good!
Can't wait for next book.
Kim
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say I loved this book is an understatement!!! It's deliciously dark, wonderfully witty and was almost impossible to put down. The Introvert, do we ever learn his name, is the anti-hero I can't help but root for. I can hardly wait to see what he gets himself into in book 3.
Claire
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The awkward anti-hero is back! If you haven’t read The Introvert, I highly recommend you read it before catching up with this nameless man. Admittedly the author leaves you enough information to keep up but getting the full back story is always a good thing with this sort of unusual character.

The Introvert Confounds Innocence is a lesson in how to deal with bullies and get away with murder. Our protagonist has got himself in a pickle with his neighbour’s no-good boyfriend and even though he’s
thebookgeordie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michael P Michaud has done it again with his sequel to “The Introvert”, “The Introvert: Confounds Innocence”. Once again Michaud has produced a novel that is not only hilarious but also dark, gruesome, thought-provoking and clever.

Our story picks up where we left off with our main character and his wife Donna. The plot quickly develops and we find out that The Introvert’s son Toby is being bullied at school (oh no….. I sense someone is about to become “red and open”). As we follow the journey of
Natalie
Oct 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: canadian
No. Just no.
Michelle Ryles
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-read
When reading The Introvert one rainy Saturday afternoon, I really didn't want it to end and my wish was granted with The Introvert Confounds Innocence being next in my reading queue - hurrah! You could read this book as a standalone but I think it definitely works better as a series, after all, the introvert himself is a serial killer. He's not your traditional serial killer by any means; he doesn't go out looking for people to kill, it's more like they present themselves to him as people who ...more
Lindsay
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was provided this book from the author for an honest review.
The main character as far as I can work out is a functioning sociopath, he’s been through lots of guidance and therapy with help from parents who understood from an early age what he was like from school age.
We catch up with our main character 4 years from the last book now living with Donna, their son Toby and the dog he rescued from his previous abusive landlord. He still operates in clear and precise ways trying to navigate social
J Earl
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Introvert Confounds Innocence from Michael Paul Michaud is a rollicking (sorta) sequel to The Introvert.

I have been on the fence about both books, between really loving them or merely liking them a lot. Fortunately it is a padded fence, though this time I jumped onto the loving side. I think, as I get to know the Introvert I appreciate (not sure I can say like) him more.

After reading the first book and again after this one, I pondered how such a character could be someone we enjoy reading
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am reviewing books 1 and 2 together as I read them back to back in one sitting and couldn’t put them down, so reviewing them individually would certainly be a challenge!

First and foremost, if you do not enjoy dark (and i MEAN dark) humour then perhaps avoid this one.

If you enjoy that kind of thing? Well... in that case, you NEED to read these! Talk about a dark gem, these were so engaging and oddly fun to get stuck into. I flew through the pages and literally couldn’t wait to pick up the next
Asimah Akhtar
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are introduced to the introvert in the first book, The Introvert. We never learn his name, but we know he is a vacuum salesman who often has dark thoughts about making people "red and open". On rare occasions the thoughts turn into actions and he ends up making people "red and open".

In this book the introvert's life has progressed. He now lives with his girlfriend Donna and has a son, Toby. He is much more aware of his urges and tries not to give in to them. However, there's one point where
Els
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Part two in this brilliant series.

Those who read my review about the first book, might remember that I had a soft spot for main character. This has not changed one bit. He still continues to make me smile and it’s great to see how he thinks about things in general but also before he answers a question. It makes me realise people often just say what pops in their head and regret some of the things later.

He is called a weirdo and it’s true that he is different. It might seem that he plays dumb,
Caroline Venables
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is the follow up to The Introvert which I reviewed last month The Introvert.

This book can be read as a stand alone, but I would recommend reading The Introvert first so you can get a sense of the character and how he thinks.

I really enjoyed the first book and this one did not disappoint. This book sees our main character still in his relationship with Donna,and they have a son together. It is not a light hearted read but is similar to Dexter as you read his thoughts. Although dark it
Philippa Mckenna
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbc-widget
Well, I just couldn't believe my luck when this popped up in my online book club (TBConFB) as a book available to read and review. I'd read The Introvert #1 quite some time ago, and I'd absolutely loved it, so I was excited to get stuck in to this. I was chuffed to bits to find our vacuum selling anti-hero is still his anti-social, weird and strangely loveable self, happily settled with his girlfriend, Donna (still helping him to 'achieve it' on a regular basis) and still driven by a need to see ...more
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
This is book two in the introvert series, reads well as a standalone but makes references to the first book! This was just as wierd and wonderful as the first book. I loved it. This book is set a couple of years after book one and we can see the changes to the introverts life throughout this story.
Brilliant read, another short one which can easily be devoured. We still didn’t find out the introverts name in this story… Suspense! This story contains two major problems that still affect everyone
Alex  Jones
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I very recently read The Introvert, the first in the series introducing our very unlikely Anti-Hero.

You can read the review for that here

This new story picks up a few year after the end of book 1, still unnamed, The Introvert, is now living with his partner Donna, and now has a young son, and of course his loyal dog Molly is here as well.

Doing his best to lead a ‘normal’ life, The introvert has his tendencies for making people “red and open” under control.

But life isn’t always that simple..

With
Andy Thorn
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed The Introvert and this sequel is just as good. The original and compelling protagonist is now living with his partner and their child and facing all of the anxiety, trials and tribulations of parenting. He is ably assisted in this by articles from the monthly Child Psychology magazine to which he subscribes. His analysis and interpretation of these articles make for a welcome addition to the long periods of very entertaining introspection as he also deals with a British ...more
Maree Hodgess
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and every bit as fantastic as the first!
I am thrilled to see that there will be a third installment as well.

I like the way we are getting glimpses into his relationship with his parents in this sequel and I find it fascinating to read about his childhood 'incidents.' I'm also enjoying watching his son develop and can't help but wonder how much of his father is in little Toby.

I find it so relateable how his thoughts can continue down a rabbit hole in the
Susan
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Introvert Confounds Innocence is a thought provoking and intriguing sequel to The Introvert. I’ve waited two years for this and Michael Paul Michaud has not disappointed. It’s dark, it’s weird, it’s bizarre and I loved every page.

This book adds another layer to the complexity of the Introvert and his capacity to control his impulses and distinguish right from wrong. Imprisoned in his own mind I was drawn into his world. Does it make me a weirdo because I’m empathetic to the introvert? It
Ashley
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I enjoyed The Introvert so much, I spent the better part of a year telling everyone I knew to read it (whether or not I was even certain they knew how to read). This had all the intrigue of the first story, which is often impossible to achieve in sequels. But the book is so full of hilarious observations that it makes it impossible for anyone not to root for the character—even while he is in the midst of murdering, or just imagining murdering someone. I’m anxious for the third one.

Colette Lamberth
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
It was good to catch up with the (unnamed) Introvert again as I enjoyed book 1. He is still with his girlfriend Donna and they now have a 4 year old son. He is also still selling vacuum cleaners and has a strange new colleague that has some interesting sales pitches. Sad to say, the ‘English’ detective really spoiled the book for me as all I could think of was Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Gawd blimey, what an annoying character he is. Ideally this would be read as a follow on to book 1.
Sophia  McIntyre
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beccy Thompson
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from TBC Reviewers request- Thank you
This is the second book that features the unnamed vacuum cleaner salesman as the anti hero. For a quirky read it deals with some rather hard hitting issues including domestic abuse and bullying.
It’s one of those books that you read and once the final page is over you spend a few minutes organising your thoughts, a truly talented author who creates the perfect anti hero- every book should have one!
Sharn Hutton
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really got sucked into this book. Similar in voice/point of view, I thought, to 600 Hours of Edward, only the protagonist in this one has psychopathic violent inner life. Unusual to say the least! The characterisation is great and you never fall out of his head. Very absorbing.
Kamini Mehta
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
How does the introvert get himself into these situations? I didn't know whether I wanted to laugh or sigh at his responses to life's difficulties. He has a son now, and he's really trying, but life just won't cooperate.
Darren
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a e book for my i pad from a facebook group that I am a member of called tbc reviews. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. It is the second book in this series by this author. I liked the variety of characters in it.
Pamela
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book as well as the first one. I found the book to be well written as the first one , and it contained a good sense of humor. Many thanks to tbc group and the author for allowing me to review both books. Im looking forward to the next one.
Diane Fogel
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: give-a-aways
I was provided this book through goodreads for a review.
I will not being reading the rest of life of the Introvert. Does he have a name? I do not even recall it if he does.
I feel for Toby and Donna living a life not knowing that "The Introvert" is a murderer trying to live a normal life.
I've heard the phrase "never mind walking a mile in my shoes, spent 30 seconds n my mind, it will freak you out", I think it sort of applies here, the guys weird, and strange to say the least.
I can almost
Amanda Williams
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fantastic follow up to the first book. I have become quite the fan of this authors writing now. Can't wait to see what else he has written.

• Violet
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • Ghoster
  • In the Absence of Miracles
  • The Drowned Woman
  • A Deathly Silence (DCI Helen Lavery #3)
  • The Silence of Severance (DCI Michael Yorke, #3)
  • Relatively Strange (Strange Series #1)
  • Moorings (DI Tanner #3)
  • Savage Children (John Savage Action Thriller Book 3)
  • Night by Night
  • The House of Secrets (The Sarah Bennett Mysteries, #2)
  • The Family
  • Closer Than Blood (Gareth Bell Thriller #2)
  • The Legacy
  • Fat Chance
  • Forgive No More (James Blake #3)
  • Wrapped Up for Christmas
I am an American-Canadian citizen, criminal prosecutor, and author of BILLY TABBS (& THE GLORIOUS DARROW) (Bitingduckpress) and THE INTROVERT series (Black Opal Books).

I hold a B.A. in English from McMaster University, an Honors B.A. in Political Science (summa cum laude) from McMaster University, and a J.D. from The University of Western Ontario (with an international exchange completed at

The Introvert (2 books)
  • The Introvert (The Introvert #1)