Start by marking “The Bet (North Woods University, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bet (North Woods University, #1)

The Bet

(North Woods University #1)

“He was my best friend…” I say more to myself than her.
“Yeah, so was I but you seem to have forgotten that part of your life.”

The bet was simple.
You draw a name from the hat.
That’s the girl you have to seduce.
The girl you have to make fall head over heels in love with you.

It wasn’t hard for me to do, in fact, it was something I did all the time. I was known for
Published May 24th 2019

Start your review of The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
Ellie
May 27, 2019 added it
Oh dear God, what the very f*ck did I just read?! How do I erase it?

I haven't been this offended by a book in a long time.
And yes, it is a fictional story and as such is considered 'entertainment.'
But the thing is, anyone, of any age, can get their hands on this. As it's NA, it's geared towards the youngers - the more impressionable are going to go for this.
And what this book advocates is a very clear message that sexual assault is okay. That treating someone who did nothing to warrant it like
Dilek VT
Jul 08, 2019 marked it as never-no-way
It glorifies bullying and rape and I believe this kind of books are an insult to all victims of abuse and rape in real life.

My friend Ellie has written a fantastic review about it and there is nothing more to say...

Snow
May 25, 2019 added it
I have to say that I'm disappointed by the way this theme is delivered at the very start of the story...

This is again the case of poorely portraying the dubious subject and since I know that there are very good books with the 'bully turned romance' theme out there that actually pulled the whole thing off with the way of 'softening' the blow...it's just the matter of finesse...again

And here...I simply don't see any...

I actually don't dig 'the issue' or 'the reason' that could explain the lack of
Karen
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Kelly McLeese
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I stupidly thought The Bet would be something like Bully.

This book is disgusting! I feel like I need to take a shower after reading this crap!

You have the heroine who's not like other (party, irresponsible, rowdy) girls- in her own words. Not only is she a cliche shy girl, she also gets turned on by abuse. And the love interest who's hurt because the heroine moved away with her family when they were younger? What type of psycho blames a child for the actions of parents? This spoiled, rich guy
Rejane
Jun 29, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose
This should go straight to the garbage. It’s rape apology. And women wrote this... what a shame
Read Ellie’s review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Melanie (mells_view)
DNF- 43%, no rating since I’m not finishing. It’s the same old song and dance, and I’m sort of bored. Sorry.

If you’re new to bully romance with iffy consent, then you may like this. If you read it often, then this isn’t anything new or different.
Jade Violet
IF YOU HAVE ANY PLANS ON READING THIS BOOK AND DON'T WANT TO READ ANY SPOILERS THEN DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW BECAUSE I'M ABOUT TO GO OFF ON IT!

Before I get to the book itself, let me first say one thing. I veer a lot towards Dark and Taboo books. Although several trigger warnings should firmly apply to me, I have no problem reading a book as something fictitious and making my own mind up about the story and how the author chose to tell it. I have read pretty much every trope:
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
1 - Ugh! Didn't like it or triggers or pet peeve!
===================================
Sorry!
I did not like the Zero and our Zeroine is an idiot.

Triggers or pet peeve:
==>bullying -check
==>revenge -check
==>Humiliation -check
==>sexual assault -check
==>date rape via drugging the victim -check

In my point of view it was sexual assault and non-consensual the scene between the two.
I was shocked and did not get over it.
nikki
May 26, 2019 added it
No rating because I didn’t make it past the third chapter.
As much as I love the bully romance trope, I’m finding that we are being inundated with books of this style, and they aren’t always done well. Now I’m not saying this one hasn’t been done well, but i just felt like it’s no different to all the other BR books that are already out there. I understand that authors want to jump on the bandwagon and write what the readers are loving at that moment in time, but do something different!!! *sighs*
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Cristina
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is bullshit he fucking forced her at the beggining, I couldn't continue after that and I don't know how It can has so many good reviews. It's disgusting!!!
London
Can’t believe women actually wrote this garbage. And you wonder why young girls blame themselves when they’re sexually assaulted. If they’re reading garbage like this that tells them that when someone is forcing themselves on you and you get aroused then you must have liked it. That it’s okay for a man to treat you like a dog and force himself on you and he’ll still be rewarded with a HEA.

Don’t touch this rape apologist garbage. Silence is not consent, you asshole.
Dora Koutsoukou
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4,5 s

I loved it!!!!
I kept reading page after page and I was really hooked!

Jules had to leave Remington and he never forgave her for abandoning him. Now that she has returned, Remmington all he cares about is his revenge.

“Hurt her. Break her. The words bounce off my skull inside my mind.” Remmington

All characters were amazing, the writing was awesome, the storyline fast paced, intriguing and exciting.

I can’t wait for Vance’s story in July!!!
Tia Rockefeller
May 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ainul Aqila
May 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
worst book ever. very amateur-ish. hate the hero. what a dickhead, douchebag, every curse word that is n the dictionary. did not finish. its a struggle to even read it halfway. what kind of hero who torments others and blames others when in fact the problem is him, himself. the hero is a delusional sick fuck. he has a making of a psychopath. the synopsis is quite interesting, however the story its self is worst. I don't really have a deep hatred toward any book, but this is the only exception.

J.L.
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
COMING IN MAY!!!
PREORDER YOUR COPY BELOW!!

AMAZON US: http://bit.ly/THEBETUS
AMAZON UK: http://bit.ly/THEBETUK
AMAZON CA: http://bit.ly/THEBETCA
AMAZON AU: http://bit.ly/THEBETAU
Clare
May 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
I really don’t know where to start with this book. I love the enemies to lovers and bullying trope so when I read the synopsis I was excited. That was my first down fall. The story involves a bet but don’t expect anything like the movie ‘She’s all That.’ This is DARK. Now I can read dark stories, but what I find disturbing is when the H uses sexual assault (yes don’t try to justify it was ok to hold her down and finger her just because her body responded to it and she ended up enjoying it) as a ...more
Lisa
Jun 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Can I have my time back? I’m not please at all with this book. A bully romance - are you for real? No romance, it’s beyond bullying, the bet is stupid and the story is insulting and offensive. The lack of discernment in storytelling to justify any of the actions going on and the narrative sweeping it under the rug is kinda despicable. You will understand shortly. This is a dumb title, even dumber plot, and just disgusting situations. Detailed spoilers are coming...stop now if you don’t want to ...more
Tzelina
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent read!! I loved it!!
Irma
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feeling a need to bring back that man, I grasp onto his shirt, grabbing a handful of the fabric, pulling him even closer while lifting up my head from the mattress. I don’t think. I simply press my lips to his and kiss him.

I really enjoyed reading this amazing fast-paced story. And I've fallen for the brother :)
Cassandra Hallman
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This was probably the most difficult book for me to write. So many emotions, so much angst, and heartache.
Jules is trying to piece her life back together after her brother and father died. Instead of finding her old friend back home, she finds someone she doesn't recognize.
Remington is a bad place psychologically. He is angry with the world, he blames everybody but himself, he lashes out and makes horrible decisions.
The question is, can their relationship be salvaged? Can the love they once
Rose
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was underwhelming.

It lacked depth of characters and so I couldn’t connect to them deeply.

The story is a good storyline - has some of my favourite tropes with an alpha male, love and a bet. But things happen so quick in the beginning that you’re kind of like ... it should’ve built up to these situations.

I wish their history was explored more - the H’s anger was explained more so that we FEEL justification to his anger towards the h.

When this stuff isn’t explored, you end up hating
Riley
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
*Spoilers*

First of all, why did Sebastian or his father not warn him that his old sweetheart was enrolling at their college and that her brother and father had died? (!!!) That hardly seems realistic to me, nor does his hatred for Jules simply because she had to move away.

However, aside from the foundation of the story being illogical, this was a good book with plenty of steam.

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Jenna, 4 stars

This is my first from these authors and I'm definitely ready for more already.

We meet Remington and Jules and he hates her. But boy does that change, lol. Remington, I'll admit, was hard to love at times at the beginning but he slowly won me over. And I want to do nothing but hug Jules and be her best friend, she's adorable. The story line kept me page turning, it was emotional and you could feel it as you read. There's an HEA but I'm definitely ready for the next book.
Char ღ Denae
Amber
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Bet is simply everything!! I had no idea what I was walking into when I started reading this story, but what I found was something I never expected. What I experienced was every single human emotion that ran the gamut from barely there to an uncontrollable category 5 tornado. My heart was utterly destroyed by the end and yet it miraculously came alive again with pure, overwhelming hope and love. I can’t scream from the mountains and hills loud enough to sing the immense praises of this soul ...more

• Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • The Help (Kings of Linwood Academy, #1)
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • I Hate You
  • Defiant Princess (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #2)
  • Broken Empire (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #3)
  • Savage Royals (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #1)
  • Play With Me (Diamond In The Rough #1)
  • Untouchable (Haven Falls #1)
  • The Lie (Kings of Linwood Academy #2)
  • The Rebel of Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #1)
  • Hidden Creek Secrets (Hidden Creek High #1)
  • In the Arms of the Elite (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep #4)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Boys That Tease (Lords of Wildwood, #1)
  • Cruel Boy
Heyya! Author JL Beck! Do you love my books? Please check out the links below to keep up to date with all things J.L. Beck. If you have any questions please feel free to send an email.

Email: jobeck0813@gmail.com
Newsletter: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/k4ordpbhzu
Join Smut Queens: http://bit.ly/2sWljZG
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJLBeck/
Twitter: :https://twitter.com/AuthorJLBeck
Pinterest:

North Woods University (4 books)
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • The Secret (North Woods University #3)
  • The Vow (North Woods University #4)
“Consequences. For everything you do, there is a consequence. Now yours is to suck my dick like the good little whore you are, or I’m going to ruin your entire existence here. I warned you, Jules. I fucking warned you, but you didn’t listen to me. You didn’t take me seriously, but maybe next time you will.” I snarl, reaching for the button on my jeans. How fucked up is it that I’m hard? That my cock is screaming to take her?” 0 likes
“I've fingered you, and next I'll feast on you, dipping my tongue in and out of your tightness until you fall apart, then I'll make you mine in every way just as I imagined I always would. There won’t be an inch of you that” 0 likes