Start by marking “Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)

Beyond The Mountain

(Fae's Captive #4)

Betrayal has taken Taylor far beyond my reach.

I can feel the bond stretched and twisted until it’s on the verge of snapping. But I will find her. She is mine as I am hers, and nothing will stop me from recovering my queen. I will always come for her. If she is hurt, I will heal her. If she is scared, I will wrap my arms around her, my embrace her safe harbor.

And as f

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 164 pages
Published April 18th 2019

Bookreader87(Amanda)
Another one to add...

Finally, we find out the truth of where Taylor comes from. It's dark and powerful but will her bond with Leander save her from the darkness?
Treena
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Christa
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
A big fat meh for this one.

I wasn’t a fan of Evil Taylor character arc. But I did like the snarky sister.

Oh well. Leander was still great.

I’m ready for Beth’s story.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Beyond the Mountain by Lily Archer is book 4 in the Fae's Captive Series. This continues the story of Taylor and Leander, so you should read the previous books 'Fae's Captive', 'Road To Winter' and 'Bite Of Winter' to fully enjoy this one. This book just as the other ones started where we left off in the previous book but with this book it wraps up their story. Although the Ms. Archer did leave me wanting to read more on Gareth and Beth.
For me this was a really good series and I hope to read mo
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
DNF At Page 256 out of 916 on Chapter 7.

I can't take this series anymore and that's saying a lot considering this is a series of novella sized books. I'm tired of having to keep track of so many characters that were presented all together with barely any distinct characteristics. They're blurring together and I just don't care enough, at this point, to remedy that.

The story is moving at a glacial pace. I thought I wanted to see how Taylor and Leander's story end, but I don't care enough about th
Tiera McMillian
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2019
Continues right were book 3 left off and BAM we are hit with all kinds of goodies in this book! Taylor is no longer our little damsel in distress now she is a BAMF and gives no effs. Not going to lie I'm liking new Taylor. I am a little confused however, it seems there is a book 5 and while I realize with that ending the story is far from over, I'm wondering if we aren't going to be getting into some of our other entourage's stories soon? Looks like Taylor might have fixed the mate curse there? ...more
Ciru
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want more of Selene!!! She was the highlight in this book.

I still feel the story is not concluded. We still have an unwritten path for Taylor to take and now the bargain she made is hanging over her.

I will say Epilogue II was the shit. I was not surprised and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The intro to Beth+Gareth's story, I'm still not so sure about it. I keep wondering is theirs a love that will grow or is it that Gareth felt the mating bond and kept quiet about it?

There is a wide cast of character
Ericka  Infante
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A mí parecer el mejor libro de la saga.
Desde un principio esperaba algo de acción (Y no de la que esperaba ver Beth If you know what I mean) sino de la que habla de guerra y espadas, este libro tiene de todo aunque me dejó picada ¡Necesito el de Beth ya!
Donyae Coles
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
So honestly the entire time I was reading this I was like, is this Game of Thrones?? The King Beyond the Mountain (Wall), some other odds and ends that I can't recall right now, anyway, what I'm saying is that it had that GOT vibe about it.

This is the final book for the h/H pair and it had a satisfying ending. I did think that it went a little over long with the wedding. Ceclie and other Taylor were such minor characters that I literally didn't care about any resolution with them which seemed t
Jessica
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well that was way different than where I saw this story line going. Cant wait to read Beth's!
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am obsessed with this series of Fae books. Everything I love about fantasy/PNR storytelling rolled up with a hunky Winter King. Gah! Loved it. Need the next book in this series ASAP!
Claudia
May 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Yikes, this was...something. And can I just say, Taylor constantly comparing thing in the fae world to pop culture is just lazy exposition and a poor method of trying to get away with blatantly ripping something off. I hope Beth and Gareth's story is better because they were the best part of this series.
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not for teens. Short and easy to read. Good end
Bozana
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! AWESOME Series!

I'm loving this series so far! I can't wait for the next book in this series!
The world building is awesome and POV from hero and heroine.
I'm just wondering what's preventing other Fae from recognizing their mates? What's blocking it?
Jacquelyn G
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the end of Leander & Taylor...

I lived this series! But hell man, Cenet was a straight up douche. I honestly think Gareth (not in this book though) and Selene were my favorite characters. Oh and Feral Taylor...that was awesome. I deff recommend this series 💋
Not Just A Hat-Rack
Honestly, if they weren't all available thru kindle unlimited, I would have avoided these. It's one novel stretched out over 4 books, which is silly.
Karra
Apr 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars
 ~V~
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
**4 1/2 stars**

Ok, so here are my thoughts on the entire series as a whole...i loved it!! I loved the characters and the 'world' this author created. In fact i flat out love books about the 'fae' because you just don't come across many of them in the paranormal romance genre so it's a fun treat for me when i do find one, especially one that's so much fun! It was unique...as far as what i've read anyways, had plenty of suspense and action, it was funny and it was sexy! It does take a while to get
Lynn's books
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FanFAEtastic!!!

This series is so solid! Ever since book 1 the journey continues to surprise you. It's full of mystery, suspense, adventure and random humor. The plot has multiple storylines and layers adding to the overall intrigue. I'm excited to see if there is a Spring and Fall court but as there has been no mention of them, thus far, so I doubt it. A girl can hope though. All the characters have been well defined and add a flavor to the story. I have to admit that finding out who Taylor's da
Amber
I read the first 4 books (mini's?), all the while hoping the plot, the dialogue, and characters would evolve into something greater. They didn't.

These are novellas, and I can't help but wonder if the author had spent more time fleshing out the details, the series would have been what I was hoping for. Each novella ends in a major cliffhanger, and the next picks up where the last ended. It's essentially a diced up, single book, in my opinion.

Taylor is whisked away from her mundane existence as a
Katie
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
SPOILERS

The ending of Taylor and leanders story. Very short and everything happens quickly.
In short, Taylor is fae and her father was the evil king that Leander killed. Unfortunately they're necromancers so he reanimated himself and wants Taylor to work for him to take over the realms because she is more powerful. Everything ends up ok though in the end after a quick fight.
Short and shallow but definitely has the romance and some sex for those that love that, if so then I recommend it. I person
Katelyn Schneider
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ericka Gutierrez
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for this one! I was really looking forward to this book release and honestly I loved it. Just when I thought I might figure things out Archer throws in a curve ball that I don’t see coming. Once again I’m sucked into her world where apparently anything can happen. Readers are finally given the HEA they have so patiently been waiting for as Leander and Taylor’s story comes to a conclusion, sort of. I feel like the way things ended could be left open to the possibility of continuing on ...more
Susana
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I loved everything about this book. Actually all the books, from 1 to 4 could be read as one and they make a magical and wonderful fantasy romance story.

In this book we learn who Taylor really is and what she can do. Good, evil, a mix between them? We have to find out. More characters and plot are fuelling the story that I literally couldn't stop reading. And that thrilling ending, wow!

I'm in love of all the characters, Taylor and Leander of course but also Gareth, Beth,... and even Selen.
Elaine Ronning
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maybe it’s just me

So... I was really looking forward to this 4th book because I loved the first three so much. The first three sucked me in and held me captive (pun intended) and I didn’t even mind the short length. They were fun to read with a good mix of romance, adventure and humor. This one wasn’t like that. It was a bit more dark? And I’m not going to fault the author for taking the story in a direction I really didn’t like. I felt disconnected from the characters I fell in love with. Ther
Jackie
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Read with Kindle Unlimited.
Well, this sort of was anti-climatic climax for me. I'm still bummed about the lengths of the 4 books. I definitely would not have purchased the 4 books due to the price & length of the books. Which is a shame, since the whole story (4 books) held my interest to keep reading the series. This book started off so slow, I thought it was never going to go anywhere. I toyed with quitting a time or 2 as well. There is resolution in this book, but somehow, I just wasn't s
Ann (annreads)
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Still not entirely sure how I feel about this one. Even though I pretty much flew through it in one sitting (the series is SO addicting, I'll give you that), I feel like it wasn't as fun as the previous ones. The character development was kinda weird, and the main conflict was pretty much left unresolved at the end. To my understanding, it was basically set aside to have just a bunch of random sex scenes instead, which I really don't mind, but at least give me answers😂. I'm still excited to read ...more
Konny
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beyond The Mountain by Lily Archer is part 4 in her Fae Captive serial. Beyond The Mountain is not a standalone. The books must be read in order. The previous books are Fae's Captive, Road To Winter and Bite Of Winter.
Taylor and Leander's story concludes. Taylor was captivated and is about to meet her father for the first time, learns who she really is and what's her fate.
I loved the conclusion and the hard earned and well deserved HEA and can't wait for the next Fae's Captive book, Beth and Gar
Stacey Broadbent
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooh! I loved this one! Taylor is a bit of a badass!
Fantastic ending to Leander and Taylor's story in this epic tale, but left open for more to come. Everything seems to fall into place in this one, giving us a bit of insight into Taylor's story and how she came to be who she is.
You will be on the edge of your seat for this one!

Side note, I can't wait to see what the author has in store for Beth and Gareth, and I'm really hoping Selene gets more attention, because she was so funny in this one.
Erin*
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t think Taylor’s feral side made sense at all. She was evil and Changling Taylor is not, they fought each other for control instead of work together. It would have been more interesting if it was presented like 2 sides of the same whole, good and bad. The epilogues were eh, it did open up kind of what will happen in the next book. Still very enjoyable, evil Taylor just didn’t make sense and translate right.
When I began writing Taylor and Leander's story, I had NO idea it would capture so many of your hearts and imaginations. Thank you for loving them as much as I do. You are making my dreams come true.

Lily Archer believes in fairies, mermaids, and fierce fae warriors. Armed with nothing more than her imagination and a well-worn MacBook, she intends to slay the darkest beasts of the fantasy worlds an

Fae's Captive (5 books)
  • Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)
  • Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
  • Fae's Captive Book 5 (Fae's Captive #5)