Start by marking “Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)” as Want to Read:
Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)

Beyond The Mountain

(Fae's Captive #4)

Betrayal has taken Taylor far beyond my reach.

I can feel the bond stretched and twisted until it’s on the verge of snapping. But I will find her. She is mine as I am hers, and nothing will stop me from recovering my queen. I will always come for her. If she is hurt, I will heal her. If she is scared, I will wrap my arms around her, my embrace her safe harbor.

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 164 pages
Published April 18th 2019

Start your review of Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Another one to add...

Finally, we find out the truth of where Taylor comes from. It's dark and powerful but will her bond with Leander save her from the darkness?
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
DNF At Page 256 out of 916 on Chapter 7.

I can't take this series anymore and that's saying a lot considering this is a series of novella sized books. I'm tired of having to keep track of so many characters that were presented all together with barely any distinct characteristics. They're blurring together and I just don't care enough, at this point, to remedy that.

The story is moving at a glacial pace. I thought I wanted to see how Taylor and Leander's story end, but I don't care enough about th
Treena
Jessie
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this 4th installment Leander and Taylor's story culminates with their ceremony and been king and queen of winter realm. There were pleasant surprises and others not so much. The turn in Selene's good attitude was magnificent. The touch of humor in the character was pleasant. But Beth is still my favorite. Leander and Taylor were much more explosive and hot together in this part. Like all previous books. We finished with a suspense note. I emphasize that if the author had built or developed a ...more
Chloe Adams
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read!!
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
Oh god. That took a turn for the fucking cartooney and groan-inducing.

Within pages, I had to start skimming because the author went full on with shit she probably thought was dramatic but reads like the shit 12 year olds find edgy.

Plus that fucking reoccurring witch's pea/witch's pee joke was weak and awful and I hate that I had to read it like 4 times with my own two good eyes.

"You spit out my pea!"
*Everyone hears "pee"*
Taylor hastily corrects by spelling "Not P-E-E, P-E-A!"
*everyone who heard*
Christa
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
A big fat meh for this one.

I wasn’t a fan of Evil Taylor character arc. But I did like the snarky sister.

Oh well. Leander was still great.

I’m ready for Beth’s story.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Beyond the Mountain by Lily Archer is book 4 in the Fae's Captive Series. This continues the story of Taylor and Leander, so you should read the previous books 'Fae's Captive', 'Road To Winter' and 'Bite Of Winter' to fully enjoy this one. This book just as the other ones started where we left off in the previous book but with this book it wraps up their story. Although the Ms. Archer did leave me wanting to read more on Gareth and Beth.
For me this was a really good series and I hope to read mo
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not for teens. Short and easy to read. Good end
Knits Reads Games Sings
Honestly, if they weren't all available thru kindle unlimited, I would have avoided these. It's one novel stretched out over 4 books, which is silly.
Jessica {Litnoob}
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Didn’t see that coming

But I totally should have. This was a really satisfying conclusion to act one of this story. And knowing who we get to narrate the next bit makes my heart so happy. This book was longer then the rest which helped with the wrapping up nicely. There was one bit that felt a little rushed. There should have been more tension internally before a certain control snaps but other then that I’d say it was all handled really well for the allotted time and space. I will for sure be co
Leah
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Look, I don't care what y'all think but I'm really liking this series. I mean sure, these four books could have just been one book and that would have been fine, great even but at the same time I like that they're bite sized. There are times when I just don't have the mental capacity to read long ass books regardless of how super duper awesome they are and these just hit the spot at those times.

*shrugs* These books are hassle free to read, require no commitment, no brain power or endless discus
Sage Knightly
Feb 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: btb20
I feel like it was rushed? Evil is finally revealed and then defeated within a few chapters, seeming so easy even though the previous books spoke of how terrifying and powerful the threat was.

Despite this, the writing is still really good and I like the characters.
Claudia
May 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Yikes, this was...something. And can I just say, Taylor constantly comparing thing in the fae world to pop culture is just lazy exposition and a poor method of trying to get away with blatantly ripping something off. I hope Beth and Gareth's story is better because they were the best part of this series.
Karra
Apr 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars
Donyae Coles
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
So honestly the entire time I was reading this I was like, is this Game of Thrones?? The King Beyond the Mountain (Wall), some other odds and ends that I can't recall right now, anyway, what I'm saying is that it had that GOT vibe about it.

This is the final book for the h/H pair and it had a satisfying ending. I did think that it went a little over long with the wedding. Ceclie and other Taylor were such minor characters that I literally didn't care about any resolution with them which seemed t
Tiera McMillian
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2019
Continues right were book 3 left off and BAM we are hit with all kinds of goodies in this book! Taylor is no longer our little damsel in distress now she is a BAMF and gives no effs. Not going to lie I'm liking new Taylor. I am a little confused however, it seems there is a book 5 and while I realize with that ending the story is far from over, I'm wondering if we aren't going to be getting into some of our other entourage's stories soon? Looks like Taylor might have fixed the mate curse there? ...more
Ciru
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want more of Selene!!! She was the highlight in this book.

I still feel the story is not concluded. We still have an unwritten path for Taylor to take and now the bargain she made is hanging over her.

I will say Epilogue II was the shit. I was not surprised and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The intro to Beth+Gareth's story, I'm still not so sure about it. I keep wondering is theirs a love that will grow or is it that Gareth felt the mating bond and kept quiet about it?

There is a wide cast of character
Niesha
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is without a doubt the best of this series yet!!! I'm in love with Taylor and Leander!! Lots of twist and turns! This book tied everything together! FINALLY, FINDING out where Taylor came from but I started to suspect something similar. I
Laughed so much with this book!! It was my favorite combination of funny and hot! I'm on pins and needles now waiting for Beth and Gareth!!! Beth is without a doubt my favorite character 😆. She's so dirty LOL! I LOVE HER! with the BEST humor EVER!!! ON TO T
Bozana
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! AWESOME Series!

I'm loving this series so far! I can't wait for the next book in this series!
The world building is awesome and POV from hero and heroine.
I'm just wondering what's preventing other Fae from recognizing their mates? What's blocking it?
Jacquelyn G
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the end of Leander & Taylor...

I lived this series! But hell man, Cenet was a straight up douche. I honestly think Gareth (not in this book though) and Selene were my favorite characters. Oh and Feral Taylor...that was awesome. I deff recommend this series 💋
Jessica
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well that was way different than where I saw this story line going. Cant wait to read Beth's!
Michelle Claypot_Reads
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am obsessed with this series of Fae books. Everything I love about fantasy/PNR storytelling rolled up with a hunky Winter King. Gah! Loved it. Need the next book in this series ASAP!
The Rebel Scribe
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the conclusion for Taylor and Leander's story. There isn't much I can say that wouldn't pretty much spoil the entire series up until this point, but I will say that I really enjoyed the "twist" that the story was building to.

Throughout the series certain pieces of Taylor are hinted at and in this story we get to find out what the cliffhanger from the previous story was leading to. I really liked how Taylor developed as a character in this story and how great Leander was. I mean seriously
AK
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
These books were pretty good, sort of reminded me of the whole LTR universe with a banging male lead. Maybe I just loved the cover model? Maybe I just like possessive, dirty men? Who knows 🥴 4 stars !
Debbie
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh hell yes! Now this is the icing on the cake. Darkness and light duke it out and I couldn't be happier with how it all played out.

I highly recommend this series! Fast, fun and entertaining.
Evelyn  Torres
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still annoyed

Still annoyed at these tiny books. Finished it in a few hours. I’m so interested in how this story is going.
Diane
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me 5 days to binge read the first 4 books in this series, and what a delightful escape.

Extremely well written, wonderfully complex characters, all the feels, laugh out loud situations that brought tears to my eyes and a driving need to devour every word of this fantastic journey.

I'm gonna have to take a break and adult for a few, but then I'm on to the next part of the series.

If you're a lover of fantasy stories that entertain at every turn, with a little side of steamy romance, look no
Felicia
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a finish to Leander and Taylor's story! Lots happened throughout this book that I wasn't expecting. So all that was a nice surprise. Taylor and Leander's story gets wrapped up really well in this book. And I can only expect that they'll grow more throughout the next books. But since the next books are following Beth and Gareth maybe we'll only learn more of Taylor and Leander in passing. Who knows. But I'm definitely giving the next books a go. :D
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Stolen by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #1)
  • Destined for the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #2)
  • Seduced by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #3)
  • Claimed by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #4)
  • Forever wth the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #5)
  • Trial for the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #2)
  • Promised to the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #1)
  • Awakened by the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #3)
  • King Of The Fae (Blood Court, #1)
  • Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)
  • King Of Blood (Blood Court, #3)
  • King Of Ash (Blood Court, #2)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • The Cursed Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #2)
  • Three Deadly Trials (Battle for The Dark King, #1)
  • Eternity with the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #5)
  • Two Vicious Kingdoms (Battle for The Dark King,  #2)
When I began writing Taylor and Leander's story, I had NO idea it would capture so many of your hearts and imaginations. Thank you for loving them as much as I do. You are making my dreams come true.

Lily Archer believes in fairies, mermaids, and fierce fae warriors. Armed with nothing more than her imagination and a well-worn MacBook, she intends to slay the darkest beasts of the fantasy worlds an

Fae's Captive (8 books)
  • Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)
  • Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
  • Taken (Fae's Captive, #5)
  • The Bazaar (Fae's Captive, #6)
  • The Abyss (Fae's Captive, #7)
  • Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)

News & Interviews

“I’ve realized that I have to grab happiness wherever I can find it, because I don’t know when things will change, when destinies will be revealed,” 0 likes