Start by marking “Wonder Walk” as Want to Read:
Wonder Walk

Wonder Walk

Get out there with the curious Johnny and his patient Mommy, in this colourful, rhyming book, celebrating all the wonders of the everyday world. What do they see? What do they hear? What do they talk about?
Published April 16th 2019 by Iguana Books

To ask other readers questions about Wonder Walk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonder Walk

Start your review of Wonder Walk
Shalini
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most cute pictures books read in recent times. Written by Ilham Alam and illustrated by Kerry Bell, the book captured my attention from the first page. There is something so innocent and pure to see a mother and child going for a walk and discovering the wonders of nature.

Ilham Alam's story had me smiling as I turned the pages. Little Johnny's curiosity and awe at seeing a sunflower, a bug, mama bird with baby bird touched my heart. What we forget to see when we go for our wa
Mary
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, children
I love books like this for the pre-school set – it is one of those books that have simple, rhyming words that are very attractive to young children and the images to go along with the story are bright and colorful. I remember this phase of childhood so well and two – three year olds are always full of questions. This book gives the reader a chance to ask the child questions and get them to think of a response. They may not know the names of everything they see but that is part of the fun. You ca ...more
Kristen Peterson
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a cute read! I loved how Johnny’s mother tried to find a way to change the subject since she was unsure how to respond to his question, as a mother I too find myself doing this at times. The book is short enough that it’s perfect for antsy readers and the illustrations are so colorful and for the story perfectly. Overall a great little bedtime story!
Tonja Drecker
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Little Johnny lets his curiosity take control as he discovers all sorts of fun things in nature.

With bright and colorful, this book joins a very energetic child, who gives his mom quite the run. It's short—great for those with very tight attention spans. However, the wording isn't as compact. Written in rhyme, the adventure becomes quite a bundle of words, and it fits Johnny's personality nicely. Even the mom gets a little bamboozled, which induces a lovely sense of humor along the walk home. An
Lenoire
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Johnny and his mommy go out for a walk. Johnny is excited over all the beautiful, scary, and new things he sees. Why is the bug out so late? What is that yellow flower? Why is that bird unfriendly?

The book is a very short read which perfect for the little ones with very short attention spans. It was a fun read especially with rhymes and the colorful artwork. Overall, a perfect read for bedtime!
Yossi Lapid
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never stop seeing, asking and wondering!

One of the greatest joys of being a parent or a grandparent is getting to see the world again through the eyes of a child.

Little Johnny has huge eyes and he never stops seeing, asking and wondering. Thank you, Ilham for reminding us to take a close look at our wonderful world as reflected in the eyes of our children! A simple and beautifully illustrated picture book that children of all ages will like reading again and again. Highly recommended!
Medea Kalantar
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was provided this delightful book as a review. It’s called Wonder Walk by Ilham Alam.
I loved the concept of Johnny and Mommy having an adventure at the park, and all the different things they saw there. Great illustrations, very bright and colourful. The nursery rhyme is a bit tricky to follow at times I have to admit. But a nice book to add to a child’s library.

Medea Kalantar
Published Author of Honeycake: A Family Of Spices
M.C.V. Egan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I liked the illustrations and the rhymes. The illustrations were my favorite part. It has objects, creatures not mentioned in the story-line, these can be used to interact and add to the story, what do you see? How many do you see?
The curious child and loving mother who at one point is not sure how to answer was clever. I think three or four-year-old would enjoy this book.
Laura Berkenblit
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Would definitely recommend this book! Wonder Walk is an engaging, adorable book with vibrant illustrations. It also serves an important reminder to stay curious and appreciate the wondrous world around us.
Anna
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wonder Walk tells the story of a boy, Johnny, and his Mommy who go on a walk together and observe nature. Johnny is very observant and points out different things on his walk. I enjoyed reading this story. I really liked the illustrations used in this book and thought they were helpful in telling the story.

The words use a rhyming structure. I like the rhyming but think at some points of the story, the words could flow better. The story is a little short, but overall I really liked the concept o
Desara
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cherie Sola
This was a sweet book that captures the wonder that fills children. It is relatable to any person who has ever had a child ask one 'why' after another. This would make a great bedtime story and the illustrations bring a smile to your face. ...more
Judy Martialay
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Judy by: jmartialay@aol.com
Children will enjoy this sweet story of a walk in the park. It’s an invitation for them to notice and explore the natural world around them The story is told in simple verse, easy for small children to follow. The language is natural, the way parents and children talk to each other. The vibrant, expressive pictures complement the story.
Parents can relate to the part when Mommy has trouble coming up with an answer to the Johnny’s question. Children will appreciate the comforting reassurance of M
Jasmine
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wonder Walk is a short, cute read about a little boy named Johnny and his mom. They're out for a walk, and along the way, they see some things that Johnny wants to know more about. His mom tells him about sunflowers, bugs, and even birds. And when Johnny finally makes it home and goes to sleep, he dreams of all the wonderful things he saw on his walk earlier that day.
There's a little bit of a rhyme scheme to the story, which will thrill young readers. It's a cute story that's easy to read and fo
Lori
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-ya
Johnny and his Mother go exploring in this adorable rhyming story that is beautifully illustrated.

I love that Johnny's able to express his curiosity and sometimes even his mother doesn't have all the answers but she patiently guides him on this journey.

This educational picture book combines, colors in nature with species specifics and adds an emotional connection.

I received a copy of this children's picture book through the generosity of Ilham Alam.
Dawn
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this picture book after receiving a free e-copy from the author. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

Johnny and his mommy go on a walk and see many things that we see every day. He’s wide-eyed with excitement and full of questions that Mommy is happy to answer.

Young children will enjoy the rhyming verse and the vibrant colors of Wonder Walk. It’s a short, cute, and colorful book to read to youngsters.
Tamira Thayne
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Johnny and his mom go for a walk, where they meet lots of new experiences for Johnny.

The story is sweet and mostly rhyming, and the illustrations were truly a delight! They kept me smiling the whole way through.

You’ll get to see pictures of dogs, birds, bugs, other people of all skin colors, and some adorable sunflowers too.

Children will love the pictures, and it makes for a great bedtime story for the youngest readers.
Edna Ma
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet & charming. Perfect for my (almost) kinder student to read aloud with some assistance. We could be a scene from the book itself! The rhyming was fun and length perfect. I liked that the characters were of color too. I think it's important for children to see people of all color and backgrounds in picture books and in life. Thank you for that, Ilham! ...more
Helen Pugh
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A gorgeous rhyming book about a child exploring the park with his mum. Ilham has perfectly captured a child's endless ability to ask questions! The illustrations do a great job of depicting the boy's fascination with the world around him. ...more
Keera
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We just received this book and my 17 month old is in love with this book! Love the way it rhymes and worded simply. Totally recommended to any ages
Auxi
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the book and looking at things through the eyes of a child again. I love how the boy is curious and his mum feeds that curiosity
jennet wheatstonelllsl
Feb 28, 2020
Mina
rated it did not like it
May 13, 2020

• The Memoir That Makes You Go Mmm
  • What Do You Do?: When the Life of a Loved One Has Come to an End
  • Who's to Say?
  • A Voice in the Night: An Adventure of Mystery and Suspense
  • Sarah and The Dinosaurs (The Magic Bracelet)
  • Why does momma pray