Start by marking “Wonder Walk” as Want to Read:
Wonder Walk

Wonder Walk

Get out there with the curious Johnny and his patient Mommy, in this colourful, rhyming book, celebrating all the wonders of the everyday world. What do they see? What do they hear? What do they talk about?
Published April 16th 2019 by Iguana Books

To ask other readers questions about Wonder Walk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonder Walk

Shalini
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most cute pictures books read in recent times. Written by Ilham Alam and illustrated by Kerry Bell, the book captured my attention from the first page. There is something so innocent and pure to see a mother and child going for a walk and discovering the wonders of nature.

Ilham Alam's story had me smiling as I turned the pages. Little Johnny's curiosity and awe at seeing a sunflower, a bug, mama bird with baby bird touched my heart. What we forget to see when we go for our wa
Mary (BookHounds)
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, children
I love books like this for the pre-school set – it is one of those books that have simple, rhyming words that are very attractive to young children and the images to go along with the story are bright and colorful. I remember this phase of childhood so well and two – three year olds are always full of questions. This book gives the reader a chance to ask the child questions and get them to think of a response. They may not know the names of everything they see but that is part of the fun. You ca ...more
Tonja Drecker
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Little Johnny lets his curiosity take control as he discovers all sorts of fun things in nature.

With bright and colorful, this book joins a very energetic child, who gives his mom quite the run. It's short—great for those with very tight attention spans. However, the wording isn't as compact. Written in rhyme, the adventure becomes quite a bundle of words, and it fits Johnny's personality nicely. Even the mom gets a little bamboozled, which induces a lovely sense of humor along the walk home. An
Lenoire
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Johnny and his mommy go out for a walk. Johnny is excited over all the beautiful, scary, and new things he sees. Why is the bug out so late? What is that yellow flower? Why is that bird unfriendly?

The book is a very short read which perfect for the little ones with very short attention spans. It was a fun read especially with rhymes and the colorful artwork. Overall, a perfect read for bedtime!
Holly
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an extremely short read but perfect for those 2 to 3 year old attention spans! It's a colorful and rhyming book that was easy to read and I could see young kids wanting to read it over and over again for the beautifully done illustrations in this book. If anything, this looks to be the perfect bedtime story for young kids that shows Johnny and his mom with a ending that most parents are looking forward to every night!

Thank You to Ilham Alam for this extremely short but cute read!!

I volu
M.C.V. Egan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
I liked the illustrations and the rhymes. The illustrations were my favorite part. It has objects, creatures not mentioned in the story-line, these can be used to interact and add to the story, what do you see? How many do you see?
The curious child and loving mother who at one point is not sure how to answer was clever. I think three or four-year-old would enjoy this book.
Desara
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review on blog! www.dbooksandreviews.com
Laura Berkenblit
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Would definitely recommend this book! Wonder Walk is an engaging, adorable book with vibrant illustrations. It also serves an important reminder to stay curious and appreciate the wondrous world around us.
Storybook Tree