Start by marking “Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)” as Want to Read:
Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5)

Gaining Miles

(Miles Family #5)

“Now there was nothing holding me back. I kissed her deeply, passionately. Kissed her for every time I’d wanted to and couldn’t. For every time I’d stared at her with longing in my heart, wishing we could be where we were now.”

It’s never too late.

Loving a woman you can’t have isn’t easy. I endured the slow torture of watching Shannon Miles live a life with another man — a man
Published April 5th 2019 by Always Have, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Gaining Miles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gaining Miles

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Gaining Miles is book five in the Miles Family series by Claire Kingsley. Even though I felt like I had enough closure when I finished book four, Leo’s book, Hidden Miles, I didn’t realize that I needed more until I had it. This book is Shannon, the matriarch of the Mile’s Family’s story, and Ben, the man who has spent a lifetime loving her from afar. This book wrapped up this series perfectly and also set up the spin off series Claire is working on.

Shannon Miles is Fifty seven years old and sp
Tracy  C
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ben and Shannon together at last!!! I love that the opening chapter was their first meeting. And I have 2 words...TODDLER COOPER!!! In true Cooper style, he plays a pivotal roll in the start of a their beautiful friendship.
After 25+ years Benjamin Gaines decides that the time is right to claim his family. He begins with the typical Miles way of declaring his intentions. After a few false starts, he launches a gentle assault on Shannon to show her that she is worthy of a second chance at love.
T
Maria Di Pasqua
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect ending of a series that stole my heart. It took 26 years to finally gain the love of Shannon but Benjamin was patient enough to wait because deep inside he was sure that she would be his forever. This novella is a combination of an anticipation that will lead to the fulfillment of a dream that has been denied for so long. Indeed the author has demonstrated that perseverance soon or later will bear its fruits. I am such in awe with these two characters firstly because I admire ...more
Tina
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute novella and a nice capper to the series. Features two ever 50 protagonists which is a nice change.
NovelMomma
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved the Miles family from the very beginning which made this book equally dreaded and anticipated. If ever two characters deserved a happy ending, it was Ben and Shannon. We've come to know and love them throughout this series, and Claire gave them the ending they absolutely deserved.

I absolutely loved the way everything came together in this book. The flashback glimpses of the Miles kids were the icing on the cake. Not only did Claire send this series off in style, the epil
Cherry Bob*omb
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kind of boring? They were supposed to be olds, but apart from saying "I'm too old to date", nothing about these characters read any different than the other books in the series. In fact, I almost felt like I'd read their story, as the characters repeated what they had already said in the other books and there was almost no tension to be resolved.
Alexandra
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so many words I want to say about this book, but the best one to describe how I feel is, PERFECTION!!! Ben is everything that I hoped he would be and so much more. I ugly cried my way through most of this book and I don’t regret a single second of it.

Shannon is a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman moving forward after years in an unhappy marriage. Her children and grandchildren are her life now and watching them blossom has fulfilled her, but is that really all she has left
Debbie
Shelves: books-read-2019
What can I say - Claire has managed to capture the end of this series perfectly. This is a novella, but oh my goodness it finishes off the series on a high!

The love a man has for a woman over so many years is truly touching. Ben has watched Shannon raise a family with a man who doesn’t appreciate her or really love her. Ben has secrets which no one is aware of, until he finally lets Shannon in!

Shannon is a mother of 4 grown children, she has been cheated on and betrayed o
READ ME ROMANCE
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew from the first page that I was going to love Gaining Miles. Having read the previous four books, and getting to know on an intimate level the entire Miles family and the loves of their lives, book 5 in this series ends beautifully. So heartwarming. No stone was left unturned.

Everything came full-circle as the book begins with Benjamin Gaines meeting a two-year old Cooper in the family’s vineyard. If you read the series, and you MUST start at the beginning, you will laugh out loud and kno
Notorious Book Tease
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Through all the Miles Family books we have been watching the relationship develop between Ben and Shannon. Luck for us readers, Ms. Kingsley had mercy on us and gave us an epic end to the Miles family saga with a happily ever after for Ben and Shannon.

Shannon Miles is a loving mother to four grown children and an astute business woman. She was a dedicated wife. Unfortunately, her dedication as a spouse was not returned. Throughout the previous books we have learned that Lawrence, Sha
Peggy R
This was a fantastic end to the Miles Family series. Shannon and Ben are terrific characters. Throughout the series readers have watched their growing attraction to each other but it was never quite right; their clocks weren't in sync. Claire Kingsley did a wonderful job of creating two characters who have been through a lot in their lives - loss, betrayal, divorce and loneliness. Shannon is a mother of four whose husband cheated on her and betrayed her with respect to the family winery. She bel ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Finally we get Ben and Shannon's story!! This was a perfect ending to a series that has set Claire Kingsley apart form other authors. Every book has had characters we all have fallen in love with, storylines that had us wiping tears from our eyes as well as laughing out loud. But this book was the icing on the cake. Ben has loved Shannon from afar for numerous years, only to watch her fall apart over and over at the hands of her ex-husband. Now that the divorce is final, all of the kids help Ben ...more
Bridget Hobden
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I loved that this book has finished the series, and that Shannon who went through a lot of hell in this series....got her HEA. We also got to have a sneaky peek at what Roland, Brynn, Cooper and Leo are up to a wee bit into the future.
Dating when your a bit older is complicated and a bit messy and also hard because you have emotional baggage that needs to be set aside....and i loved how this book dealt with that. Benjamin is the truest gentleman and EXACTLY what Shannon needed.
Brandi
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let's be honest, we've been watching this from the sidelines for four books now. And we've been waiting to see Ben and Shannon get their turn at happiness and love.

Claire Kingsley most definitely delivers with this story. It won't be one you forget.
Peggy
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It isn't often we are treated to a mature couple. This book is a rare delight. Shannon and Ben are such wonderful characters. The love they have for each other comes alive on the pages. The joy the rest of the family feels for them is a huge part of why this book is so very touching. They both faced great suffering in the past. It fills me with happiness to see them get their hea.
Stephanie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awww..... I am so glad that Shannon and Ben got their HEA. Now I am dying to read about what's going on with Asher and Grace!
Alexis
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so grateful that we got Ben and Shannon's story!! They both deserved a beautiful HEA and this book delivered!! This was the perfect send off for the Miles family, my heart is so happy and content!
BookishStacy
Shelves: arc
Oh my goodness! What can I say about this book besides it was everything?
From the moment we met Ben and Shannon in Broken Miles, I just knew these two would be absolute perfection together. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching them interact and inch closer together in the previous books of this series. Watching it all culminate in this final Miles family book was just a joy, and Claire Kingsley went far above my expectations with their story.

Ben is the groundskeeper who has worked for t
Meka L. Rascoe
A LOVE WORTH WAITING FOR!💖💕💕

I knew it! I had an inkling that Ben and Shannon's story would blow me away and touch my heart with every word. 💕This story was soft and beautiful, but still packed a knock-out punch straight to the heart. 💘 It was everything. Let me just say that again for the people in the back: 🗣

IT. WAS. EVERYTHING . . . Everything I hoped, wished, and dreamed for this couple.

Every moment--the trip back in time, the romantic gestures--every glance, every to
Regan Pierce
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joyful, romantic and a bit bittersweet

From the very first, this series has delivered; joy at seeing a couple reunited, pain over personal tragedies, anger over betrayal, laughter over crazy antics, shock over secrets revealed, happiness over new family and friends, sadness over unrequited love, and though it all, hope for what was to come.
This is Ben and Shannon’s time. Their clocks are in sync. They prove that no matter what you go through, you can do more than survive; you can thrive. Y
Amy Jackson
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book and I've never been so thankful to be on the advanced reader team. I don't know that I could have waited another second for this book. This is NOT a stand alone. Read the rest of the Miles family books then read this one. This is the PERFECT ending to this series and GAVE ME ALL THE FEELS. I'm stuck in a car with my family for hours sobbing and laughing and sniffling. It was everything I had hoped for and absolutely more.
Shannon is the matriarch of the Miles famil
Missie M
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect ending to the best family series!

We watched Ben and Shannon throughout the four Miles siblings’ stories. Theirs is the truest of loves. This novella was everything we needed for their happily ever after and to give us the best ending for one of my favorite families.

Of course Claire Kingsley could make a short novella encompass every feeling and emotion - I smiled, I laughed, I cried happy tears - This book was heartwarmingly wonderful and gave us a kiss that was 26 years
CzekMart
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful and poignant ending to the phenomenal Miles family series.
Each book in the series has become so much more and Claire Kingsley’s superb story telliing culminated in this amaing second chance story, that was in making for over 25 years. Learning about Ben’s heartbreak brought me to tears; and seeing him finally finding his forever with Shannon, having support of ALL the children as he decided to make his move, and sealing the deal oh his very first date with Shannon was the
Laura Cole
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claire just handed us the perfect wrap-up to the Miles Family. Throughout all of the other books, it was so obvious that Ben and Shannon were meant to be. Their slow burn throughout the other 4 Miles books lead us to this novella where these two FINALLY give us what we've been waiting for. I always loved getting those final moments with all of the other characters and their HEAs. Although I'm said that the Miles Family has come to an end, Claire gives us a great teaser at the end of where this f ...more
Tilly
Erica
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could barely stand the wait for these two but the magic was worth it. Claire Kingsley's book delivered all of the feels and was beautiful perfection. My eyes are getting sweaty again just thinking about it. Shannon is so endearing and Ben was the swooniest (those gifts!), dang the man had moves! I just loved every word. The epilogue wrapped everything up nicely in a bow for this series and even though
my heart is extremely full after Gaining Miles, I am incredibly sad that this is the fin
J Williams
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this series and Gaining Miles was the perfect way to finish it.

Ben and Shannon. We have watched them from the first book. They were clearly good friends when Shannon needed a friend more than anything. Horrible marriage, bitter divorce, almost losing the vineyard, Ben has been there through it all. Caring for her,.loving her but Shannon is convinced she is too old for new love. Ben has this one chance to change her mind...

Fantastic!! Shannon and Ben fin
Jasmine
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is what all the readers of the Miles family series has been waiting for. I loved every single minute of Ben and Shannon’s story. Ben left me smiling the whole time because omg can you say swoon?? That man knows how to sweep a woman off her feet! Also, watching Shannon rediscover herself as a woman not just a mother was everything. I know Claire has reservations about the love scene for someone we’d known as a mother figure but it was done so tastefully while still steaming up your pages. Ev ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
As I'm thinking of what I want to say about Gaining Miles, it occurred to me that I am closer in age to Shannon and Ben than I am to the Miles kids! Wow!

Claire Kingsley does it again with Mama Miles' story. Throughout the series, we've seen how groundskeeper Ben is so much more than just an employee. He is Shannon's confidante, not-so-secret admirer, and has been more of a father figure to the Miles children than their own father was from the time that they were all very young. I've
Mrs M
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely amazing way to finish a series.
I don’t read many books with older couples, but I’ve been waiting for Ben and Shannon’s story since the first book. Ben’s commitment to the Miles family was always beyond the love he had for Shannon and his relationships with the Miles kids was what made me fall in love with him from the very first book - Broken Miles. Shannon... what an amazing woman with such a strong backbone. Coming out of a marriage that left her hurt and almost ended her f
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Retreat: The Miles Family is COMPLETE 5 23 Apr 11, 2019 06:23PM
Romance Retreat: Love after 40/Mature Couple 7 30 Apr 05, 2019 09:42AM
Claire Kingsley is an Amazon Top 10 bestselling author of sexy, heartfelt contemporary romance and romantic comedies. Add Claire's next releases to your TBR today!

TBA A Hot Romantic Comedy (Dirty Martini Running Club #2) by Claire Kingsley TBA New Family Series (Bailey Brothers #1) by Claire Kingsley

Newsletter: http://bit.ly/2KGU26b
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2ZhZMXX
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2YP4IUZ
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2EuPkVi

RECENT WORKS BY CLAIREhttp://bit.ly/2EuPkVi

Miles Family (5 books)
  • Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1)
  • Forbidden Miles (Miles Family, #2)
  • Reckless Miles (Miles Family, #3)
  • Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4)