Start by marking “An Agent for Alexandra (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #21)” as Want to Read:
An Agent for Alexandra (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #21)

An Agent for Alexandra

(The Pinkerton Matchmaker #21)

Alexandra Drake is determined that her spoiled, Southern upbringing will have no effect on her new life as one of the few female Pinkerton agents. Tucker Waite is convinced that the wealthy heiress has no idea what she is in for and will get him killed. From the moment they say ‘I do’ and marry for the sake of their first assignment in Oregon, Alexandra will not let Tucker ...more
Published March 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about An Agent for Alexandra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Agent for Alexandra

Start your review of An Agent for Alexandra (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #21)
Melissa
My gosh I loved this! Like, loved it! I wish it was a longer story. I felt I missed so many moments between them! These two were great! There first kiss was AMAZING!!!! Gah!! I loved it. I could find nothing wrong with the story at all, except it's length:)
Dolores
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adventure and Love

They drive each other crazy but wow when they come together sparks fly. One of the best books I've read!
Elsa
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Southern Belle Alexandra won't let her new husband boss her around. Tucker is a man of few words and she's determined to keep chatting until she can make him crack. In this story, opposites attract and these 2 seem to thrive off of annoying each other, which I didn't wholeheartedly love, but it did keep things interesting. Tucker nicknaming her Chickadee made me laugh. As I love the Civil War era, I had fun trying to imagine her accent.
They are investigating a number of people disappearing in
Kim  Gregory
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra is one tough lady and she is determined to be a Pinkerton agent. Tucker isn't real happy about having to marry this rich, society girl - he doesn't think she has what it takes to be a good agent! Ha! She shows him she is more than up for the job and often sparks fly between them, both the tension sparks and the romantic sparks.

Tucker (Mutt) and Alexandra (Chickadee) have to find out why so many people have gone missing from Portland, Oregon. Together they go over all the information
Janene
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of fun banter

This installment of the Pinkerton Matchmaker series was hilarious and suspenseful. The author's writing style drew you into the story right from the beginning. The main characters had an interesting dynamic between them. The case Alexandra and Tucker were involved with was plausible and their sleuthing skills believable. I hated to put the book down. I highly recommend this book and anything else Rebecca Connolly writes. I am never disappointed by her writing!
Margie
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book continues the history of excellent books with unusual plots, interesting characters and a few surprises along the way. I'm unsure if a matchmaker would have paired Alexandra and Tucker but they would have missed out on the perfect pairing despite her being a southern belle and he being a street smart New Yorker. The plot just the right amount of surprise and twists. A very enjoyable pair.
Shana
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mystery, Intrigue, Romance...what more could you ask for?

Alexandra is a spoiled rich girl from Georgia who decides to become a Pinkerton Agent. She gets more than she bargains for when she becomes married to another agent, a “Mutt” from New York City. They have quite the banter and the challenge figuring out how to work together let alone become partners or truly wedded.
Barbara
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pinkerton Matchmaker series is awesome and I have read everyone, but THIS ONE!! Oh my! The banter! Street urchin meets Southern Bell - Can you even imagine! No, then read it.! Well written plot with lots of conversation and mystery. Who knew gutters could be so intriguing. And the plots!! Twists and turns and love!!
Rachel
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Loved this book!

I have been reading all of the books in this series. It is a great series. For this book, Rebecca had a way of drawing me into the characters and story line so quickly! I totally enjoyed the interaction of Tucker and Alexandra. Enjoyable read!
Anita Rohn
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alexandra

Humor reigns in this delightful adventure that pairs the northerner against the socialite southern belle. They turn each othe4s world's inside out. And they engage in solving a criminal case too
Jessie Bell
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

Enjoyed all the interaction between Tucker and Alex. The storyline was very different and didn't drag. Really enjoyed the pace. Looking forward to see Charlie again. Love this series.
Christine Pak
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Agent for Alexandra ,( The Pinkerton Matchmaker

Greatly enjoyed this book. The plot was smooth and the interactions between Tucker and Alexandra were delightful. Will look for more by this author.
Afton LeFevre
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clever and Riviting

Brilliantly developed characters, Alexandra and Tucker, match wits with each other as they search for clues to solve the mystery of missing people and try to ignore the feelings they are developing for each other . Fast-paced and entertaining!
Miriam
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Love the Pinkerton matchmaker series and this is a fantastic addition to the series. A socialite and a rough around the edges agent ... not the usual pairing but it does lead for excitement, fun and romance.
Elizabeth West
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Pinkerton Matchmaker

An Agent for Alexandra by Rebecca Connolly. I was confused at times as to where we were in this story. The plot of the book was intriguing and the romance was sweet with a little bit of humor.
Wenk
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tucker and Alexandra

Cute characters with over the top personalities! Alex is a southern belle graceful with al of society. Tuck is a loner and painful conversationalist. Do opposites rally attract?- Babs
Eileen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Opposites do attract! Alexandra and Tucker are very different. Both intelligent and stubborn they learn to appreciate each other. Fast paced and a page turner. This series just keeps getting better! Just when I thought I had the bad guy it turns!!
Candyce Vee Zern
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable!

I loved the interaction between Alexandra and Tucker. Alex's mind was amazing and so fun to try and follow. Poor Tucker didn't have a chance!
Barbara Munson
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful mystery and romance

Love Mutt and Chickadee as they learn to get along and try to find the mystery of missing people. Lots if things you want to figure out.
Donna
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome e

This is an awesome book, series and author. I highly recommend this book and series. I cannot wait for the next book in this series.
Melissa Dobbins
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fun read

The Pinkerton Matchmaker series is one of my favorite and this book definitely stands out for the humorous dialogue. Enjoy
Cindy Edwards
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will Alexandra's southern belle upbringing put the latest case in jeopardy? Her new husband seems to think so and tries to block her from helping, not realizing this case needs her.
Carolyn W.
Mar 22, 2019
Jenny
Apr 23, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • His Unexpected Heiress (Entangled Inheritance #2)
  • Bride in Blue (Cowboys and Angels #37)
  • The Pinkerton Matchmaker (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #0.5)
  • The Heiress (Miss Bell's Finishing School Book 2)
  • Invitation From Isla (Cowboys and Angels #36)
  • Riding the Rails (Cowboys and Angels #41)
  • Mail Order Mother (Brides of Beckham Book 28)
  • Match for the Mayor (Cowboys and Angels #40)
  • Redeeming the Rogue (Cowboys and Angels, #35)
  • Learning Her Lines (Cowboys and Angels #38)
  • Tempting the Tailor (Cowboys and Angels #44)
  • Books and Beaus (Cowboys and Angels, #34)
  • Watching the Wrangler (Cowboys and Angels #42)
  • Proposal by Post (Cowboys and Angels #45)
  • A Clever Alliance (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love, #1)
  • An Agent for Phoebe (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #46)
  • The Governess (Ladies of Miss Bell's Finishing School #1)
I was born once upon a time, and I started making up stories right away. Eventually, I started writing them down, and never stopped! I have a day job, which gets in the way of my writing, but it pays the bills so I CAN write, so I guess that's okay! I am a bookworm, which I think is key to being a writer, and I am always looking for inspiration! I live in Indiana, am obsessed with hot chocolate, ...more

The Pinkerton Matchmaker (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • An Agent for Lucy (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #1)
  • An Agent for Wilhelmina (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #2)
  • An Agent for Regina (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #3)
  • An Agent for Claudette (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #4)
  • An Agent for Audrey (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #5)
  • An Agent for Victoria (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #6)
  • An Agent for Elizabeth (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #7)
  • An Agent for Cecily (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #8)
  • An Agent for Charity (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #9)
  • An Agent for Diana (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #10)