Start by marking “Noel Street” as Want to Read:
Noel Street

Noel Street

(The Noel Collection #3)

In this new holiday offering from the “King of Christmas fiction” (The New York Times), #1 bestselling author Richard Paul Evans shares a story of heart and hope as he explores what it truly means to forgive and to love.

Elle Savas, a waitress at the Noel Street Diner, isn’t sure what to make of Emerson Stone when his sudden appearance creates a small stir in the town of
Published November 5th 2019 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Noel Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noel Street

Start your review of Noel Street
Mischenko
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Elle is a single mom living in Mistletoe, Utah. The year is 1975 and her husband has passed away in the Vietnam War. She struggles financially while trying to raise her son, Dylan.

The people in Mistletoe are kind, but when Elle meets a local mechanic named William, he puzzles her. After a kind gesture, the two connect, and Elle discovers that William is a Vietnam POW who's still living with demons.

I'm in the minority here. This turns into such a an emotional story, but I couldn't connect to
Noel Street holds Richard Paul Evans's classic charm and redemptive properties. I read it during the week of Veteran's Day which was perfection as it offers elements related to those who have served. The storyline is predictable but enjoyable. I'm always in the mood for this author's writing.
Kay
A '70s Christmas story with great messages. Noel Street is another fantastic Christmas book by RPE. He is the KING of the genre.
Judy Collins
I always look forward to Richard Paul Evans' Christmas novel each year! NOEL STREET was a fantastic holiday romance which will warm your heart. I purchased the audiobook and the narrator, Helene Maksoud was exceptional. Highly recommend. This is one for the stocking or an ideal Christmas gift.

For fans of holiday inspirational reads, mixed with magical charm. Also for those who enjoy upcoming romance by Rochelle B. Weinstein's This Is Not How It Ends.
Eileen Mathys
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every year I look forward to his Christmas Romance book. This one did not disappoint. The diverse characters did not lead to the predictability of past books, but alas... they always have a happy ending.
Cheri
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
"Every story is a road. And on all roads there are potholes and bumps, detours and unexpected encounters. This stretch of my story took place back in 1975 in a small mountain town you've never heard of — Mistletoe, Utah. It was a harsher than usual winter, and everything it seemed, was frozen — including my life as a single mother working as a waitress at the Noel Street Diner.

"Then, on one of those cold days, something came along that changed everything for me. More correctly, someone. It was
Laurene
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Every story is a road. And on all roads there are potholes and bumps, detours and unexpected encounters."

"The cost of love is the risk of losing it. But it's always worth it. After all, in the end, what else is there?"
Gina
The beautifully written book by Richard Paul Evans is told through the eyes of Elle Sheen. The year is 1975, and if you were alive then, you will remember the country being divided. The war in Viet Nam had ended, soldiers had returned to a less than welcoming public, race wars were still going on...in short, it was a rather tumultuous time.

For Elle, devastation came in the death of the father of her son, an African American man who lost his life in Viet Nam. She lives in the tiny village of
Staci
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Nice conclusion to the Noel Collection Series. It's rare to find a novel set in the 1970s. Noel Street is set in 1975 Mistletoe, Utah. The main character, Elle, is a widow of a Vietnam soldier. The lead male character, William, was a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

The way Elle and William meet was well written. The speed at which they fell in love happened rather quickly. Two other things seemed out of character for Elle. First, the number of dates she had where she left her son with a babysitter
Cheryl
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice Christmas story about a widow and a soldier who meet when her car needs repairs. She is a poor waitress and he has PSTD. Her son is the only black child in school and her father disowned her when he found out. This tells how she and the soldier get together.
Cindy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very nice heart warming story. Being familiar with all previous works by this author, the climax and ending were both predictable, but that didn't take away from the story's charm. I'm usually not one to get teary eyed easily while reading, but this one came really close to doing so (in a good way). If you're an RPE fan, you'll love this book. If you've been a little bored with his last couple of Christmas novels (as I have been), this one really makes up for it. As with his other books, the ...more
Anna
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always look forward to Richard Paul Evan's Christmas books. They consistently offer an inspirational message of hope, love and forgiveness.
Set in 1975. Elle Sheen is barely getting by, working at a diner and raising her six year old son, Dylan, as a single mother. Her husband was killed in Vietnam before he had a chance to meet Dylan. She is estranged from her parents, but has the support of her fellow employees at the Noel Street Diner in Mistletoe, Utah.
When she encounters William, a Vietnam
Rhonda Ruff
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet nice Christmas story! Rpe comes out with a Christmas book every November! I always look forward to them!
Holly
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas
A heartwarming story to read during the holidays. Yet, very predictable. ( :
Jerry
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
My mom is a longtime fan of Richard Paul Evans, so, she asked me to get a copy of this book from the library at which I work. I was able to score a "no reserves" copy just as it was making its way to the "new book" shelf. SCORE!

I've read one or two of his novels previously, but, it's been a long time; as an avid reader, maybe I should try some of his other books, and not just the Reader's Digest condensed version like I did with one some time ago.

As a whole, this story charmed me; it was a
Ray
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy the Noel Street book. I did however find some moments that I felt less than inspired. It was a good read. It missed a little that would have made it more impactful for me as a reader. I felt a hunch at one point and my intuition was right. I did like the cathartic ending was a satisfying element. It also tackled some issues in this story that aren't ususally addressed in this type of book. I liked that. It addresses the tendency for people to prejudge things based on their biases. ...more
Gina *loves sunshine*
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2019
Lately, it seems like Richard Paul Evans has come out with a new little holiday romance each year! I have loved making them part of my holiday-cheer reading!! I have enjoyed all of them on audio and each one usually has that snow fall, tree trimming feel to it! While usually sweet and predictable, they still seem to shine bright and set the tone for the Christmas season!!

This year the book takes place in Mistletoe, Utah in the mid 70's. While not as heart warming as past books I still enjoyed
Susan Peterson
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas without a new Richard Paul Evans book is like a Christmas tree without lights! Noel Street is a lovely story about hope and reconciliation, love and redemption. Wonderful characters and a wintery setting add to the charm of this book.
Michele
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RPE didn’t disappoint. This was a great story. I couldn’t put it down.
Loraine
This book really resonated with me as it is set in 1975. The main male character is a returning soldier from Vietnam who spent 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton. My husband served in Vietnam; and, although he was not captured or spent time as a POW, I could recognize many of the feelings of the main character, William Smith. I also enjoyed the many references to books, songs, and cultural events during that period. Small town, Mistletoe Utah, was in some ways a delightful place to live; but for Elle ...more
Gina Baldyga
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Short, sweet, quite lovely.
kathleen n jones
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last year I was greatly disappointed but this year wow. I loved the story and at one point, I didn't know if I could read on with the matter of the story being played out. It deals with a VietNam vet and his experiences during that "war" and it hit very close to home. I lost quite a few dear friends over there and my husband also was there, so the understanding of what went on and how it affects those even to this day hit hard. At first I was so worried it would not end how I had been hoping for ...more
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
“As I look back over that year it’s amazing to me to see how unexpectedly life can switch tracks to a new destination. But the complexity of those junctions are far too great to assign to the cogs and machinations of near chance and circumstance. Maybe that’s why I’ve always thought of God less is an engineer than as an artist – one who uses our hopes, fears, dreams, and especially our tears, on the canvas of our souls, rendering something beautiful. The hardest part, I suppose, is waiting to ...more
Terri Wino
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: year-2019
3-3/4 stars.

Though I definitely think this was a very good book, I can't round up to 4 stars because there is a very dark element (that may even be a trigger for some people) to the story that I really wish wouldn't have been part of a holiday season story.

Having said that, I loved the characters in this book. I loved the relationship that developed between Elle and her son and the new arrival in town, William. I loved that despite William having obvious issues that he was dealing with, Elle
Tisha (IG: Bluestocking629)
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! What a book! This is not your Chick-lit Christmas romance. This, while a romance, has actual depth.

The novel addresses some serious subjects, all while taking us back in time to the 1970s. This book speaks of the Vietnam war, post traumatic stress disorder, racism, death, POW's, Family troubles, money troubles, etc.

This doesn't sound like your traditional Christmas book at all does it? Trust me it is. What a moving moving book! Beautiful!
Jennie
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Waitress meets a Vietnam veteran who fixes her car and they start a relationship. Not very realistic because her husband was killed on active duty and she should have received money from the military for herself and their son. It should have been an ongoing amount. Instead, she has to scrape to get by and has a very hard life.
Carole
I won this book on Goodreads. It is a charming Christmas tale about Elle, a young Mom, who works at the Noel Street diner in Mistletoe. She is working hard without the help of her family to support herself and her biracial son. She can't afford to have her car fixed when it breaks down, but a kind Vietnam vet works late into the night at the auto shop to help her out. This is a sweet book about forgiveness and learning to trust again.
Thank you to the author and Goodreads for the giveaway!
Ida Wilcox
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another gooooooood One.

I love this author and how he tells his stories with a twist and a lesson at the end.

Love the Noel series
Caren
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet!

This was a very sweet Christmas time read. Full of hardship, romance, friendship, family and redemption. I read Richard Paul Evans every year at this time.
Kristin
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book, a little sappy, but a light, enjoyable read.
Play Book Tag: Noel Street by Richard Paul Evans 3 stars 1 8 Jan 18, 2020 03:40PM

• A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Let It Snow
  • Christmas in Winter Hill
  • Spirit of the Season
  • Finding Chika: A Little Girl, an Earthquake, and the Making of a Family
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • The Christmas Boutique (Elm Creek Quilts #21)
  • Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light: When Christmas Comes (Cape Light #20)
  • Child's Play
  • Right Beside You
  • Spy
  • The Perfect Love Song: A Holiday Story
  • The Candy Cane Caper (Culinary Mystery, #13)
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • Window on the Bay
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
When Richard Paul Evans wrote the #1 best-seller, The Christmas Box, he never intended on becoming an internationally known author. His quiet story of parental love and the true meaning of Christmas made history when it became simultaneously the #1 hardcover and paperback book in the nation. Since then, more than eight million copies of The Christmas Box have been printed. He has since written ...more

The Noel Collection (3 books)
  • The Noel Diary (The Noel Collection, #1)
  • The Noel Stranger (The Noel Collection, #2)
“There are none so impoverished as those who deny the blessings of their lives.” 0 likes
“Some of those demonstrations were over the Vietnam War. Some were over racial or gender inequality.” 0 likes