Start by marking “A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow, Vol. 1

A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow, Vol. 1

(熱帯魚は雪に焦がれる / A tropical fish yearns for snow. #1)

Sometimes you find what you yearn for…

Konatsu is about to start a new school in a new town, and she’s basically all on her own. Her dad just got a job overseas, and her aunt can only check in from time to time. It’s a lot for a shy, reserved girl to handle. But on one of the first days of class, she discovers that the school has an aquarium! The club that runs the aquarium
Published November 12th 2019 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 26th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow, Vol. 1

Start your review of A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow, Vol. 1
Erika
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, lgbtq-plus, manga, fluff
it was very cute with sad undertones, which is exactly my kinda thing. the aquarium club was so adorable (especially the salamander) and the girls were likeable, too. the art was soft and pretty. i'd like to read more in the future
Rod Brown
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
A super slow and super low key romance. The art is so generic I had a little trouble telling a couple of the characters apart. You really have to watch closely for the little ribbon over Koyuki's ear or Kaede's slightly longer hair. It's not bad, but it just doesn't do much to stand out.
Jhosy
I'm in love with the drawing and the author's stroke!
Above all, I'm in love with Koyuki, she's the cutest!
The story is about Koyuki and Amano.
Amano is a girl who had to go live with her aunt when her father accepts a job in another country.
New in town, she enters her future school when she sees an announcement of an "event."
When entering the aquarium of the school she meets with Koyuki, a senpai that participates in the club responsible by the aquarium.
Later that same day, she meets Koyuki on
Rebecca
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lbgtq, manga, romance, ya
As always, even more wonderful to read in hard copy. This is just a lovely, slow-burn first book.
sleeplesspages
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, rainbow
Ein echt süßer Manga der die Geschichte von Zwei komplexen Charakteren anschneidet.
Wer sind wir und wer wollen wir sein?
Und was bedeutet das warme Gefühl in meinem Bauch?
Zuckersüß und mit ganz viel Story zwischen den Zeilen!
Eressea
日本人活得真痛苦...

又要煎熬等台版追上日版....
日版已經五集了,台版不知會追多快
Jillian -always aspiring-
Cute, but I feel like I’ve met iterations of these character types in other shoujo-ai/yuri manga. What does stand out is the use of the aquarium as a setting and talking piece.
Mehsi
A supersweet shoujo-ai manga featuring plenty of cute aquarium animals and sweet and adorable scenes. I had tons of fun reading this though I did think Honami was a bit too stiff and awkward for my liking. She didn't even want to eat a small candy because of the school rules, really? I love the connection these two girls have and I am rooting hard for them to get together. I love the idea of an aquarium club, and yay for Koyuki. The art is adorable. I will definitely be continuing this manga.
Orcbard
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ff-comic
I enjoyed it but the two characters are a bit too similar. Both are kinda shy, awkward, and like aquarium.

Overall, it is a very typical yuri manga: blushing and subtext-y. One girl is older, but thankfully it avoids "popular oneesama" trope. Nothing about the story stood out to me though.
May Fisher-Guest
What kind of posh school has an aquarium club?

I really enjoyed the first volume, it was so cute. I really like reading these sweet Yuri stories as they tend to be pretty touching.
I tried reading this about a week or so ago but found the vocab a little tricky, but I'm glad I came back to it. I am interested to read volume 2 once I finish off with some other items in my backlog.

I love how realistic all the animals are except for the axolotl which is as adorable as it is in my head.
Jenny
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Despite my high rating I have conflicting emotions regarding this series. To make this easier on everyone, I'm simply going to list them rather than try to weave different ideas and feelings into a cohesive and coherent review. Thank you, here we go.

Pros:

1. The artwork/art style is strong and I love the aquatic imagery. It's very reminiscent of Bloom into You's use of water imagery to convey emotion. Also, the little salamander that pops up once in awhile on Homani is adorable (I love
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

This is a slow burn slice-of-life romance that tells a lot of its story through metaphors (as can be seen from the title alone). In this first volume, time is spent establishing the characters and getting to know their quirks. A recurring metaphor throughout the story is of a Salamander that is lonely (and so doesn't come out of its hiding place often in its aquarium) and comparisons are made to one of the main
Katja
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awww, this was so sweet! Loved it! Konatsu Amano moves to a seaside town and starts a new school that has an aquarium club. She meets the sole member of the club, Koyuki Honami, and it's basically fluffiness from there on, with a little bit of sad tinge thrown in.
Both girls are crushing on each other but both of them are kinda withdrawn when it comes to feelings, so neither of them is able to communicate their feelings very well. And Konatsu befriends another girl too, Kaede, who's loud and
Mark Evans
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, incredibly charming, this. Lovely art (some excellent reaction shots and SD work here) and a cute pair who need a little more fleshing out but are clearly very good for one another. Quite a few very cute moments throughout.

It’s interesting how the two of them have issues but the type of issue is quite different. One is very socially anxious and has a hard time talking to new people, the other does not but clearly has a hard time with her feelings. I love that we can really see their
Collene Currie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, lgbtiap, manga
Oh my goodness! This manga was so cute! Within the first couple of pages it felt so real and deep, that I was hooked. It talks about loneliness a lot as a common theme and it's done, in my opinion a very realistic portrayal. Especially in high school , struggling to make friends.
While reading I had noticed parallels between 'Bloom into you' and this. The main was Koyuki and Touko when they act around the girl they respectively like. And it's so adorable.
This story felt real and deep in such
Moriah Venable
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Konatsu Amano moves from Tokyo to a small seaside town. While walking around, she sees a sign for an event for an aquarium. There she meets Koyuki Honam, an older girl who is the only member of the aquarium club.

There run into each other a few times and become friends. Konatsu is required to join a club but doesn't know which club. Either the Aquarium Club wuth Koyuki or the Home Ec Club. Guess which one she chooses?

I thought this was cute beginning and I love the artwork. Can't wait for
Jamie
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A strong first volume that gives off plenty of GL vibes. Whether it stays the course is unknown, but it's a lot of fun reading this volume and getting to know these two insecure heroines and watching there friendship develop. The art is really gorgeous and detailed and all the character designs are cute. This is a good volume to try if you're a fan of GL manga or if you are just interested in a story about female friendships.

Honami is such an awkward senpai, it's delightful.
Tina Christopher
Solid 3.5
I enjoyed A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow. Both heroines were likable and relatable. The romance - or what I think will be a romance - develops quickly and has a bit of feel of insta-love, but I assume that will be explained in future volumes. The setting of a school aquarium club is fun and unusual.
I am curious to see how things continue.
Zian B.
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: want-to-buy
Both girls are adorable with how shy they both are! I just love a slow burn romance definitely can see that coming from this manga series and I’m excited to see it happen. I also really like the idea of an aquarium club in a school and hope to see one for real one day. My only issue about this manga would be that it’s a bit difficult to tell Hirose (Konatsu’s neighbor) apart from Koyuki (senpai).
Sascha
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, wlw-books, owned
fluffy and cute! the aquarium club setting is different enough for me to give this 4 stars instead of 3 despite not a ton happening in the first volume. it has one of my least favorite yuri tropes of miscommunication, but it's much less dramatic than i've seen in other yuri. bonus points for no "b-b-b-but we're both girls!!!!!!!" freakout when the crush starts becoming more apparent.
Bentgaidin
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow' is a very cute manga about a new transfer student, and the shy beauty she falls for at the school aquarium club; it's a really nice dance of the two slowly getting closer to each other, and I'm interested to see how future volumes go.
Stephanie
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fluff, lgbtqia, gn, library, nwa, print, ya
Cute enough, but not a ton happened, and there were fewer fish than I would have liked for an aquarium theme. Pretty generic. The salamander was cute, though. I would have liked either more interpersonal action, or more aquatic critters.
Jessica
Dec 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I was really excited to read this but unfortunately I ended up being a little disappointed by it. It is a charming story and has gorgeous artwork but I kept mixing up some characters. And I felt that the volume ended in a weird way.
Caprice Rose
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this. The storyline and the art captured my heart straightaway and I can’t wait to read them all. All the stars
L. Luck
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ooooooo... We got visual and literary metaphors and realistic characterization. Excited to see where this goes!

Christina Coy
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
I just couldn't get into this one. It was slow and uneventful for me.
Shawna (BacchusVines)
This was so short but so, so good! Soft girls love. I'm waiting for the next volume!!
Shelly
Jan 03, 2020 added it
Shelves: manga
solid start to a series!
Cell
有點感到不安
Shanon
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, romance
If you hate sugar, you will hate this manga, because their young love is so sweet, pure, and innocent.
Their romance is slow paced--but isn't that part of the fun? The perfect happy read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Our Wonderful Days Vol. 1
  • Still Sick, Volume 1
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 4 [Shimanami Tasogare 4]
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 3 [Shimanami Tasogare 3]
  • 呪術廻戦 1 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #1)
  • たとえとどかぬ糸だとしても 2 [Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo #2]
  • Bloom into You, Vol. 3
  • Our Dining Table
  • Roadqueen: Eternal Roadtrip to Love
  • しまなみ誰そ彼 2 [Shimanami Tasogare 2]
  • Bloom into You, Vol. 5
  • I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up
  • たとえとどかぬ糸だとしても 1 [Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo #1]
  • やがて君になる 1 (Yagate Kimi ni Naru, #1)
  • Bloom into You, Vol. 4
  • 古見さんは、コミュ症です。 volume 3 (Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu., #3)
  • Killing Me!, Vol. 1
  • Classmates
Currently residing in Tokyo, Japan.

熱帯魚は雪に焦がれる / A tropical fish yearns for snow. (6 books)
  • 熱帯魚は雪に焦がれる 2 [Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru 2] (A tropical fish yearns for snow., #2)
  • 熱帯魚は雪に焦がれる 3 [Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru 3] (A tropical fish yearns for snow., #3)
  • 熱帯魚は雪に焦がれる 4 [Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru 4] (A tropical fish yearns for snow., #4)
  • 熱帯魚は雪に焦がれる 5