Start by marking “The Lost and the Damned (The Siege of Terra #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lost and the Damned (The Siege of Terra #2)

The Lost and the Damned

(The Siege of Terra #2)

With the solar defences overcome through the devastating strength of the Traitor armada and the power of the warp, Horus launches his assault on the Throneworld in earnest. After withstanding a ferocious barrage of ordnance, an immense ground war commences outside the Palace with every inch gained paid for in the lives of billions.

On the thirteenth day of Secundus, the bo
Published October 15th 2019 by Games Workshop (first published July 2019)

Start your review of The Lost and the Damned (The Siege of Terra #2)
Bastiaan Vergoossen
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost and the damned review.

Finished lost and the damned. Some thoughts, spoilers.

A problem I had with the solar war, was that we were dropped into an invasion almost immediately, without a real built up that my mind needed to get (even more) hyped for this so important moment in the universe we all love, the siege of terra. For years now, for some perhaps 20 years or more, the siege of terra had some special place in our heart and was formed by a lot of different lore parts into something, a s
Pavle
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
It finally arrives - the Siege that was foretold. In typical 'me' fashion. I finished the book in a day, as I cannot satiate my page turning of all things Horus Heresy / Primarch Related. This will not contain spoilers, as I feel it will not offer an service other than ruining the magnanimity of the novel, and demolish the setup of where we are going.

Overall - I loved it. I have always had high praise for Mr.Haley, as he is ordained as one of the holy trinity of Warhammer authors that I enjoy t
Liam
Oct 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Game Workshop have been building up to the Siege of Terra for so long now, through the Horus Heresy series. It's finally arriving, and so far it's a huge disappointment,

The biggest problem I had with this book was the language. It goes totally overboard on metaphors and similes, which means that it reads like poetry written by a not very good poet. Descriptive passages go on and on, mixing metaphors and finding new ways of talking about how dirty and how noisy war is, until I was los
Michael Dodd
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book two in Black Library’s Siege of Terra mini-series concluding the Horus Heresy, Guy Haley’s The Lost and the Damned picks up where The Solar War left off as Horus Lupercal launches his assault on Terra itself. Where The Solar War covered events spanning the whole of the Sol system this is much more concentrated on Terra and its immediate orbit. There’s still lots going on, from the perspective of primarchs, legionaries and mortals on both sides of the conflict, but it’s a more focused story ...more
J.G. Cully
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know quite how Guy Haley would follow John French's excellent 'The Solar War', but follow it he did! The story is every bit as epic as it's predecessor and delivers on drama, action and intrigue. This series is setting a very high bar. Exceptional writing, amazing story. A very worth while read.
OldFisben
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Пошла жара. Все, хаоситы ломятся на стены Дворца Императора. Гвардия превозмогает, Кровавые Ангелы, Белые Шрамы, Имперские Кулаки и Легио Солярия им в этом помогают, хотя все уже готовятся отступить от стен на следующий рубеж обороны ибо враг силен и многочислен. А Робаут все не идет. :) Держаться, Сыны Терры, держаться!))
Chris
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly excellent, all anyone needs to know.

I was concerned that a siege novel would be dull and frustrating to plod through but Haley has nailed it. The pace is perfect and a both the micro and macro are covered giving you a sense of the whole picture, or as best it can be done without making the work too heavy to enjoy.

Will not mention what goes on, but it's heating up!
Marco Antonio
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book tells a great story without playing favorites with the legions/characters

Something some other HH authors seem unable to do
Tomas
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haley aced this one folks, required reading for any major Warhammer 40k fan! Loved all of it!
Ludivco Street
Frustrating

Haley is wonderful writer. He has written some of my favourite books, and there are flashes of greatness here, but there are clouds too. The primarchs are caricatures and one dimensional. Antron is huffy, petrurabo has lost all of his cool, the others might as well not be in it. The battles are booming but the scale is so big as to be baffling at times. Layak's floating island did it for me. Pity. Solar war was ok. This one was ok. Hope this series develops. So far, a stumbling start.
Christian
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The enemy is at the gates. Finally. Suitably apocalyptic battle pieces that, honestly, need to be much, much longer. I would love at least a 100 pages of many different characters presented with threadbare backgrounds, just enough to kind of love them, dying. War is like that. I hope the series continues to ramp up and is absolutely Game-of-Thrones unapologetically savage in the upcoming massacre of beloved characters.
Dani
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Siege of Terra builds up

I loved this book, the pacing is fantastic and it's an amazing continuation to the story, and it perfectly encapsulates the chaos and horror that is coming to Terra and the Imperium for the next 10 thousand years
Andrew Peel
Tedious and all over the place. I wanted to like it I really did. But there’s only so much description of siege works you can take. They could have learned so much from the success of the Beast Arises series. This book tries too so far too much in one story and as a result lacks pace and focus. It’s literally all over the place and does an average job on each stop off.
Michael Smith
Oct 24, 2019
Ben
Jul 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Spear of the Emperor (Warhammer 40,000)
  • The Buried Dagger (The Horus Heresy #54)
  • Rites of Passage (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Celestine: The Living Saint (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Angron: Slave of Nuceria (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs #11)
  • The Hollow Mountain (Vaults of Terra #2)
  • Apocalypse (Space Marine Conquests #5)
  • Knights of Macragge (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Sons of the Emperor
  • Requiem Infernal (Dark Coil)
  • Agent of the Throne: Ashes and Oaths (The Horusian Wars Audio Drama 3)
  • Brothers of the Snake (Warhammer 40,000)
  • Black Legion (Black Legion #2)
  • Ferrus Manus: The Gorgon of Medusa (The Horus Heresy: Primarchs #7)
  • Spear Of Ultramar (Black Library Novella Series 1, #4)
  • Ghoulslayer
  • Caves of Ice (Ciaphas Cain #2)
  • Blackshields: The Broken Chain
Guy Haley is the author of Crash, Champion of Mars, the Richards and Klein series, The Dreaming Cities and others. He is a prolific contributor to Games Workshop's Black Library imprint having written books including the bestselling Dark Imperium, Dante, Pharos and The Devastation of Baal.

The Siege of Terra (3 books)
  • The Solar War (The Siege of Terra #1)
  • The First Wall (The Siege of Terra #3)
“Joy is an act of defiance,’ said the Khan. ‘With joy, we win, even if we lose. To have lived well is a victory all its own, for we all die. Death is unimportant to the laughing warrior. A poet makes tragedy glorious. That is why.” 0 likes