Start by marking “Avengers: Infinity War: Destiny Arrives (Avengers Infinity War)” as Want to Read:
Avengers: Infinity War: Destiny Arrives (Avengers Infinity War)

Avengers: Infinity War: Destiny Arrives (Avengers Infinity War)

Relive the emotional and thrilling adventures from the film Avengers: Infinity War, complete with original illustrations that bring this tale to life right on the cusp of the release of Avengers: Endgame, the film that will see the culmination of every significant event in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Published April 2nd 2019 by Marvel Press

Start your review of Avengers: Infinity War: Destiny Arrives (Avengers Infinity War)
Suzanne
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great way to get a quick review of the happenings of Infinity War to prepare for Endgame. Even though I have seen the movie more times than I care to admit. This was a quick book to read since it is a junior novel but was still good.

Natalie ♡
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The movie is one of my all time faves and this book didn't disappoint.
I got everything I wanted and I knew this would be basically the movie, but written.
However, it's not like amazingly written or something. (I also didn't expect it to be)
Long Live Wonderland
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you want to read Avengers: Infinity War, this is the book for you! Destiny Arrives has really cool drawings from the movie and even adds a little to the depth of the characters. The page numbers were a countdown until The Ugly Grape, whose name shall not be spoken here, snapped his fingers. Cool book! Would totally recommend if you are a Marvel fan.
Eldi Qevani
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
The audiobook is phenomenal, Characters voices like Thor,Black Panther, Rocket are identical to the movies.
Loved to listen what the characters thought.The only downside is that the action is describes for a few seconds and bum..the war in Wakanda finished for 2 mins.Would recommend the book/audiobook to every Marvel fan
tris
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book hurt like a bitch.
J'aime
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel-dc
Ive been grabbing up all the new novels Marvel has been releasing to tie-in with Avengers Infinity Saga films. Marvel does a crap job of publicizing them so its usually luck that I find them. This popped up after I reviewed Titan Consumed. Essentially, this is a buy-the-numbers novelization of the Avengers Infinity War film, with some sections of pencil sketch drawing sprinkled throughout of scenes from the film.

Unlike the Infinity War: The Heroes' Journey, which provided new scenes (where Black
April
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reading
Guess who still cried at the end even though I knew what was going to happen?
Sjors
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book as much as I love the movie. It is an amazing and actionpacked story and a great buildup to Endgame.
James Janeski
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jack
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice book!
Wyatt
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!

I really liked the countdown on each page. I also loved being able to read from other the character's perspectives; it answered a few questions I had watching the movie.

The author changed a few things, like omitting some profanity from the movie, which was unexpected.

I would recommend this to anyone. It was just what I needed to prepare for Endgame!! Definitely one of my favorites!!
Neil
This was a fun novelization to read. It took me just over two hours to read it, so it was pretty fast-moving. It has some illustrations before each 'section' of the book to highlight different aspects of the story (I think it would have worked 'better' if they illustrations had actually been with or near the parts of the book where the scene was 'taking place'); while I did not like their placement, I did enjoy the illustrations. As it as for 'young adults,' it really does not add very much to ...more
Ayaan
May 16, 2019 added it
Shelves: ayaan
Good
Malem
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marvel fans, people who prefer reading over watching
I loved this book but I couldn't bring myself to give it a higher rating for reasons such as the - underwhelming illustrations (seriously I have seen illustrated books which took my breath away but sadly, it's not the case here)
it felt as if the author isn't aware of the characters' background, the relationship among various characters etc. It barely did justice to Spiderman-Iron Man and Tony-Pepper dynamics but that's about it.
there's nothing new to learn from this book. It's fast paced,
Lejla
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
As a Marvel fan I had to have this. I actually read this in May, but am now adding it to my read list so I thought to write a short review.

It was quite fun to sit and read about the events of infinity war, it really added a lot to the depth of my favorite characters.

What I absolutely hate is that under the paper wrapped cover, the actual book's cover is Thanos in his full ugly purple form.

But hey, the illustrations are so cool tho!!! I highkey wanna color them, but my painting skills are really
Sara
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
If youd like a retelling of infinity war, this is your pick. ...more
Drake
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Uuugggggg..

Okay first things first. I have nothing against the author at all. This is quite a heavy task to be given to try and Novelise a movie like Infinity War. It's not her fault I didn't enjoy this more. My expectations were to high for this and I was unfortunately disappointed.

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting this wasn't it. The book is exactly what it's advertised as. Infinity War: The Novel. Except novels are interesting and creative.

The writing style of this book doesn't change
Tyler
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is for an English Project-

In Avengers Destiny Arrives, nearly all of the heroes and villains have some form of technology they use. The first of these is Tony Stark. Tony is most notorious for inventing the Iron Man suit. It is comprised of nanoparticles that are held in a storage unit on his chest. He can active them through a neural link he created. Through his brain, he can control the Iron Man armor and all of the appendages he can manifest, such as an arm canon or air stabilizers.
Jana
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, just WOW! This book was beyond amazing and had such a pull of emotions that I found myself crying at some parts (no shame). And I absolutely loved the father-son chemistry between Tony and Peter. It made my heart flutter when Tony was always being so overprotective over him because all he wanted for Peter was for him to be safe! I felt like we really got to see what Tony was thinking when Peter got himself into these dangerous situations whenever he really shouldnt be in them. I was glad ...more
Jenna D.
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So obviously this is a film novelization for Avengers: Infinity War. If you did not know that, now you do. Now, for anyone who is currently obsessed with the MCU, as I am, this is a must read. It is the movie, down to the last sarcastic exchange between Tony and Stephen Strange, web glob thrown by Peter Parker, and eye roll made by teenaged Groot. But you also get greater insight into each characters thoughts and emotions, adding even more to the overall impact of the character arcs taking ...more
Ellen
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2019
A perfect book for fans of the MCU. This is Infinity War in print. Every heart-wrenching, dramatic, and intense scene from the movie is beautifully captured in this book. The author did a great job adding to the plot without distorting it. (I hope they bring her back for an Endgame novel, and maybe she can fix some of what the Russos did to it.) The dialogue and scenes are directly from the movie, and there are some descriptions of what characters are thinking that give insight into them that ...more
Brayton Leswing
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was exactly like the movie it was based off of. The only differences are that it didnt describe the settings very clearly and it added more emotion to each character. The book added thoughts inside each characters mind which you arent able to witness from the movie. The language wasnt as bad in the book as it was in the movie either. This would be a great way for a younger kid to experience Avengers: Infinity War. ...more
Haylee Mitchell
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
this book was a 4.5 stars for me. i really enjoyed reading it but i still had times where i was like meh, i kinda just want this done. but i do gotta day that while reading destiny arrives, i did get some of my questions answered and i was able to get a better understanding of what was happening throughout the movie.
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's literally the movie script in novel form, very little is changed in terms of dialogue or action. I did like the insights into character thoughts such as Tony and Wanda. If you like movie novelization then this is a good book for you,but I was a bit disappointed because most movie novels expand a bit on the stories and characters and this really doesn't much at all.
Alexandria Drzewiecki
Actual rating: 2.5 ⭐

I placed this book right in the middle of the 5 star scale simply because I LOVED getting to enjoy this story in a readable format, but I HATE how it was written. The writing style was hollow and emotionless, and it seemed like the writer wasn't familiar with the characters' personalities at all.
Katrina
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I really enjoyed this book. The little bits we get inside certain characters head through certain scenes... 👌👌👌 I highlighted and tabbed the shit out of this book. It was a perfect refresher before the new movie comes out.
It was definitely written for preteens -young adult but it didnt take away the intensity of the plot and scenes we all endured when we watched the movie.

Cecilia Rodriguez
This is a novelization of the movie:
Avengers: Infinity Wars.
Several chapters are black and white illustrations by Steve Kurth.
I hope that the audio book version actually has the cast providing "voices" for their characters.
Kelly Knickerbocker
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full Avengers: Infinity War movie story (complete with end credit scenes). Great recap before seeing Avengers: Engame. Nothing new beyond what was on screen in Infinity War but does a decent job describing the 'feelings' and motivations seen displayed by the actors.
Mandy
I really like Palmer's writing, but this is just the novelization of Infinity War. I liked getting to read about the extra emotions that you may not pick up on in the movie, but ultimately, it's probably a better use of your time just to rewatch the movie.
Alli Hoffmann
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is exactly like Avengers: Infinity War, down to the lines. It was obviously written after the movie. I loved reading a book that was exactly like the movie, it gave me the chance to imagine the characters and scenes differently.

• MARVEL's Avengers: Infinity War: Thanos: Titan Consumed (Marvel Studio' Avengers: Infinity War)
  • Loki: Where Mischief Lies
  • Marvel Powers of a Girl
  • Avengers: Endgame The Pirate Angel, The Talking Tree, and Captain Rabbit
  • Batman: Nightwalker
  • Captain Marvel: Liberation Run
  • Spark of the Resistance  (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #3)
  • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
  • Cosy: The British Art of Comfort
  • Heart of the Moors: An Original Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Novel
  • Disney Aladdin
  • Resistance Reborn (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, #1)
  • Beezer
  • MARVEL's Avengers: Infinity War: The Heroes' Journey
  • Wife for Hire (For Hire, #1)
  • Pop
  • MARVEL's Ant-Man and the Wasp: The Heroes' Journey
  • Iron Man: The Gauntlet
Liza Palmer is the internationally bestselling author of Conversations with the Fat Girl , which has been optioned for series by HBO.

Library Journal said Palmers blend of humor and sadness is realistic and gripping,..

After earning two Emmy nominations writing for the first season of VH1s Pop Up Video, she now knows far too much about Fergie.

Palmers fifth novel, Nowhere but Home, is about a failed