Start by marking “Wilderness” as Want to Read:
Wilderness

Wilderness

A gripping psychological thriller with a shocking twist
It's easy to die out there. It's easy to kill too.
If you love gripping psychological thrillers then you will be hooked by this addictive suspense novel about one wife's revenge.
Two weeks, 1,500 miles, three opportunities for her husband to save his own life.
It isn't about his survival - it's about hers.
Shattered by th
Published April 4th 2019 by Constable

To ask other readers questions about Wilderness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wilderness

Sara
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Fast paced, character driven thriller focusing on wife, Olivia, who uncovers her husband’s infidelity and plans to exact her revenge on a road trip through the American plains.

This is definitely more of a cerebral thriller, that relies heavily on the strength of its characters, particularly Olivia. The drama feeds off her paranoia and jealousy, clouding her judgement with thoughts of murder and payback. Their isolation also helps
Liz Barnsley
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 thoroughly enjoyed Wilderness, a brilliantly paced character driven drama/ psychological thriller hybrid with a fascinating central protagonist who gets just a little grumpy when betrayed…
An affair uncovered and a “healing” road trip to the wildest places soon becomes a twisty, addictive tale with Liv scrambling to deal with unexpected spanners in the works and save her marriage. Assuming she wants to. Girl changes with the weather so the whole novel is beautifully delightful.
Insightful human d
Joanne Robertson
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read Halfway by B.E Jones last year and liked it enough to say a big, fat YES when I was asked to be on the blog tour for her newest book. But I was blown away but how much I loved Wilderness compared to Halfway! It had a completely different style of writing and plotting compared to her previous book and it worked perfectly for me! This is a brilliant psychological thriller with plenty of “love to hate” characters and lots of twists to keep you on your toes!

Liv has discovered her husband is a
Bobby
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It does have a Gone Girl esque to it. I could relate to Olivia's frustrations in her relationship, although thankfully not the cheating element, nor do I have murder in mind! Well written, good tension, descriptions of the trip, I now want to go on an American road trip!
Emma
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow on https://damppebbles.com/
K
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This disturbing but gripping story unfolds through Liv’s eyes when she finds her dream chance at a new life in New York City shattered by her husband’s affair. Devastated and traumatised, she tries to give him a second chance but can she deal with the betrayal and its aftermath?
This isn’t so much a revenge story about a wronged woman as an exploration of the damage that betrayal and lies can cause to an individual and a relationship, as Liv questions what she thought was her happy marriage and t
Kelly Van Damme
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Olivia’s husband Will is a cheating bastard. I’m really sorry, pardon my French and all that, but he is. He has forgotten that when he took Olivia for his lawful wife and promised to have and hold her for better or worse, it was only supposed to be Olivia, he was not supposed to add some skinny girl at work to the mix. Liv found out, was furious but decided to give the hubby and her marriage a second change. Except that the hubby went and forgot all about his promises all over again and now… Wel ...more
Mike
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think we’ve all been there, set off on a holiday with our other halves feeling the pressure for things to be perfect only for tensions to rise to the surface, though few of us have had this much deadly baggage!

A story about obsession and justifying our actions - the urge to lash out when we’ve been hurt or wronged. Though it’s hard to actually ‘like’ someone as damaged as Liv, I found myself on her side all the way despite that.

It’s definitely a case of ‘will she, won’t she’ as the story unfo
Jacob Collins
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wilderness is a terrific page-turner by B.E. Jones. In the harsh, vast expanse of the American wilderness, a terrifying thought slips into Olivia’s mind. It would be very easy to kill her husband out here. It could be passed so easily off as an accident. Would she get away with it?

Olivia and her husband Will, head to the States for a break, for a chance to heal their marriage after Will’s affair. But Olivia can’t stop thinking that she can never trust him again and she can’t forgive him for wha
Joan
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Liv and her husband have left the green valleys of Wales and moved to New York City for his exciting new job at Piper-Dewey. They’re living the dream, a beautiful company apartment in Manhattan and summertime is coming up as well. But Liv is not happy at all because she has discovered that Will has been having an affair with a work colleague. In fact, although he promised to end the affair, he has returned to Jenna and Liv is beside herself with jealousy. In fact she has been stalking her rival ...more
Tracee
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Not awful but I didn't love this. None of the characters are likable and it jumps around a lot. Harder work than it needed to be.
Bookinggoodread
is currently reading it
May 14, 2019
Kayla Orick
May 15, 2019
I'm a former journalist who worked for The Western Mail newspaper and BBC Wales Today in Cardiff before becoming a press officer for the police.

My latest novel 'Wilderness', is published by LittleBrown (Hachette), available now in ebook and out in paperback later in the year.

You might already have seen me on Goodreads as I'm a voracious reader, rater and reviewer. I also have three other publishe