Start by marking “NoX” as Want to Read:
NoX

NoX

One is a dying man.
The other is a man who died to live.

A nude man invades Luca Suarez's home and protects him from creatures who cannot exist.
Creatures hunting him.
The stranger can't tell Luca why. He can't even tell Luca his name.
He remembers nothing until the moment he sees Luca.
The only hint Luca has to the stranger's identity is a tattoo on his wrist: N o X

Nox doesn
Published April 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about NoX, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NoX

☆ Todd
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Holy crap, that was some exciting action and intrigue, guys!

When the story began, Luca was sitting in his house waiting for leukemia to claim his young life, only to have a very large, very naked man enter his home and kidnap him.

Well, more like save him from gigantic wolf-like creatures hell-bent on murdering him. But potato po-tah-toe, right?

Over the course of the story, we found out how a group of scientists had found a bizarre substance capable of resurrecting the dead, bestowing on them th
Lyn
5 ++++ Primal Stars

I don’t have the words to leave a review, other than to say my mind is blown, and I’m left breathless. Is it no wonder I have a crush on Adrienne Wilder?? She does this to me all the time!!

This was truly a unique story, and it ticked so many of my boxes (see my shelves).

At the end, the author says she will continue this as a series based on how well this book does. My 5- star rating is a “Hell yeah, I loved this book hard!” Please (begging on hands and knees) continue the se
Deborah
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5*

This is a shifter read with a huge difference.

I’m a fan of fantasy, paranormal and shifter reads but I’ve never read anything quite like this.

Life has not been kind to Luca Suarez. He’s nineteen and dying of cancer. From eight years old his life has been full of hospital stays as he’s battled Leukaemia. He lost his only sibling Koda and last year both his parents passed.
Luca is alone, he’s never really lived, never loved and he’s dying. Alone.
His life changes in a flash. One night a man st
Eugenia
AMAZING!!! 5++++ Stars!!!!

A contender for BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR!!

I loved this! What a huge departure for Wilder: sci-fi/paranormal/mystery!!! It had me at the edge of my seat! I couldn’t put it down!!

Secret Medical experiments? ✔
Ancient Egyptian liquid?✔
Shifters? ✔
Defying the laws of physics?✔
Death, dismemberment and chaos?✔
Survival?✔
Love?✔
Major twis
Fabi
It was ok for me. I've read a lot of sci-fi, fantasy, and pnr. So, for me, it didn't quite measure up. But I think that for people not used to reading those genres, this may be a real surprise treat.

I didn't feel like the romance kicked in until the end of the story. And it's a long story. I'm sorry to say I had to do a lot of skimming in order to finish it. If I were to categorize this book into a romance genre, I'd call it erotica. A lot of sex with little connection.

I liked the beginning and
~Volha~
I can honestly say that this book blew my mind! I loved it! The story just sucks you in, and you have to KNOW what happens next. The connection between Luca and NoX is out of this world - it's intimate, raw and savage but underneath it all is the feeling of all encompassing love and devotion. It started so slow but the intensity grew, and there were moments when I couldn't help but hold my breath.

This new shifter concept is astounding. It's a mystery that is sort of explained but still raises q
~nikki the recovering book addict
5 OMG stars!!

Omg! I think I need to reread this again! So much happening. But in a good way. So much excitement! But also, in a good way. Erase what you thought alphas and betas mean because this will blow your mind! 🤯

And it’s a series!! Fascinating! The last chapter probably threw me off more than the first few chapters. It was both fun and frustrating, unveiling this world and its creatures. Fun because it’s soooo different. Frustrating because Adrienne Wilder is a good storyteller, keeping yo
John Altman

(12) Plot Worthy: 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
(13) Show me Entertainment: 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
(14
Lisazj1
Wow, that was one wild-ass, adrenaline filled ride. I freaking loved it. Quite the unique shifter story and I really hope there’s more, because I am definitely here for it!
haletostilinski
4.25 stars!

Before anyone freaks out over the "Major Character Death" tag, just know that they don't stay dead, so it's not a permanent death.

And wow. I've finally finished this, after over a week. Two days was spent reading another book, so it technically took me 6 days. Still a long time it took me.

It wasn't too much a detriment to my enjoyment of this that it was so slow, but I'm still taking off some because it did take me awhile to get into this. First it was just slow, and there was a lot o
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Yup the hype is real

This book was amazing! It certainly is a unique take on werewolves and Egyptian Myths. I loved it. I can't wait for book 2.
Dimitri
THIS WAS IT, guys!!!!!!!!!

Now THIS IS WHY I READ!!!!! The romance, world building, intensity, suspense, plot, Adrienne Wilder you did AMAZING sweetie.

1. Romance: NoX and Luca were intimate!!!! Because the author gave me adequate time, a long page count, I really got to understand and believe in the romance. It was HARD for them to fall in love, which made for a much satisfying journey and believable love for the ages. Even down to the sex, the author took the time to make sure that the chara
JenMcJ
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I am not sure where I land on this one even though I do love this author and the imagination she brings to her books. It's both an interesting story and a boring story. It's both not a romance and a romance. It's both living tale and a dead tale.

It had a lot of contradictions and pseudosciency (tm) stuff that I think felt more like studying a text book than reading a compelling, integral, have to know and understand before I can move forward ROMANCE story. Most of the time I got the gist and ju
Sarabeth
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

What can I say? The world building is amazing, and I hope the author turns this into a series, I’d love to read more. Everything about this book ticked all my boxes. The metaphysics might have went over my head a time or two but it was impressively conceived. Kudos!
 Rosebud
Having outlived his parents and only brother, Lucas, at twenty years of age, gets news that no one ever wants to hear. Terminal leukemia with a prognosis of less than a year. His life is about to end before it's even begun.

Deciding to live at home for as long as possible, Lucas is dealing with his nightly symptoms when his neighbor's dog starts up a howling, barking spree outside his home. Deciding to investigate, Lucas discovers there's something in his barn. Something that defies logic as the
Simone
DNF @20% and no rating

I really really wanted to like it... This kind of Shifter 101 Backwards - umm, different take on shifter stories - did sound really appealing and at the beginning I was completely hooked.

But then... I get that the switch between two storylines might be important for the worldbuilding and I'm pretty sure they will get together at some point. I might have even pulled through with it if it didn't get too... well, technical? (in lack of a better word) for me and the story lo
Michael S.
Apr 11, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
Rating withheld for now.

DNF.

This is tough, because I'm genuinely interested in the story and LOVE the idea, but small things keep yanking me out of my groove, and I need to give it a rest for a bit.

- Tiny nitpick #1: Editing needed maybe one more pass. E.g. I'm pretty sure I recall "commiserate" being used in place of "commensurate," and pronoun usage is inconsistent, even within the same sentence. Is an Anubis a he, an it, or what?

- Tiny nitpick #2: neither lead was particularly compelling at t
philip jarvis
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars

Deffinitly a different type of shifter book that you would normally read but a very good story and a fantastic ending the first chapter of the next book in this series is brilliant can not wait for it to be released
Raj
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If Venom were a shifter,he would have prowled and clawed his way within this book like Nox the hero does in defence of his star mate Luca. The story sets a frenetic pace of alien fur and fang as clans from beyond the stars now hidden for thousands of years on earth gather at the arrival of an apocalyptic leader either to thwart or herald him.This book deserves a galaxy of stars and I'll be waiting eagerly to devour it's sequel.
Achim
3.5
Vicki Hansen
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book

I love every book by Adrienne Wilder I've read, but this is the best so far. Very unusual concepts, engaging characters, emotional depth and connection and non-stop action. Can't wait for the next book.
Tiffany
Amazing!

This book is really different than any other shifter book out there. It’s pulled me in from the beginning. The story is dark but also sweet. I can’t wait for more books to come out and find out more about this world.
K J Shirlaw
Amazing new world.

Good start to a new series. I really hope the next one is out soon and has more of the history of Anubis and the ichor involved.
Abdul
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading that sample chapter I need more.

Knowing that Lucas is something bigger that people have been waiting for is crazy. I need more.
Tiuri
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Completely amazing! Well-written characters and a new and original approach to werewolves/shifters; this was very enjoyable right from the start and I almost couldn't put it down. The preview of what's to come, provided this one sells well, promises a lot more, so I'm hoping it's a bestseller - it certainly deserves to be a bestseller - because I need more of these characters, a lot more.
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

This.

This is exactly what I needed to read but didn't know.

IT WAS AMAZING.
Migi
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating read! And as someone who loves reading shifter novels this is quite different and interesting. The ending definitely left me eager for more.

Looking forward to any future works in this universe!
Daphne
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
Unique shifter book. A mix between action, horror, mystery, science-fiction and romance... it was all in here. If you are at all interested in shifter books, you should read this because it’s so different from the usual.

Karen Edwards
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These are not your ordinary shifters indeed. Not by a long shot! Nox's character is intense, complicated, and just the way I like them. Luca is sweet, caring, and just wants to live. With this story you get a little bit of everything. Bad guys, good guys, blood, death, and a whole lot more. I had many "Oh" moments while reading this book. A lot of different twists and turns that kept me sucked in right until the end. I loved the Anubis, Egypt aspect of this book. So different, so refreshing! Thi ...more
Letty
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have so many questions and the sample chapter just left me with more. Great read, couldn't stop until I finished it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Georgia born and bred, I am an artist, a writer, and a general pain in the ass.
I spend most of my days working on my next book or designing cover art for other writers. For stress relief I do olympic lifting and occasionally run (but hate it). I have been in love with writing since I was very young but it wasn't until recently that I decided to pursue it as a profession.

I have experimented in se
“Your brother told me to take care of you.” Nox rubbed his temple. Protect him like you would me. “He sent me here because without me you’ll never survive.” Luca’s frown deepened. “Is this the part where you tell me the future of humanity needs me to lead them to victory over the giant robot army?” 0 likes