Start by marking “NoX” as Want to Read:
NoX

NoX

One is a dying man.
The other is a man who died to live.

A nude man invades Luca Suarez's home and protects him from creatures who cannot exist.
Creatures hunting him.
The stranger can't tell Luca why. He can't even tell Luca his name.
He remembers nothing until the moment he sees Luca.
The only hint Luca has to the stranger's identity is a tattoo on his wrist: N o X

Nox doesn
Paperback, 1st edition, 453 pages
Published April 28th 2019 by Independently published (first published April 2nd 2019)

Start your review of NoX
☆ Todd
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Holy crap, that was some exciting action and intrigue, guys!

When the story began, Luca was sitting in his house waiting for leukemia to claim his young life, only to have a very large, very naked man enter his home and kidnap him.

Well, more like save him from gigantic wolf-like creatures hell-bent on murdering him. But potato po-tah-toe, right?

Over the course of the story, we found out how a group of scientists had found a bizarre substance capable of resurrecting the dead, bestowing on them
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
5 ++++ Primal Stars

I don’t have the words to leave a review, other than to say my mind is blown, and I’m left breathless. Is it no wonder I have a crush on Adrienne Wilder?? She does this to me all the time!!

This was truly a unique story, and it ticked so many of my boxes (see my shelves).

At the end, the author says she will continue this as a series based on how well this book does. My 5- star rating is a “Hell yeah, I loved this book hard!” Please (begging on hands and knees) continue the se
Nazanin
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 41%

Well, I didn’t understand the science really (the physic quantum or whatever it was) but I had high hopes that I would enjoy the romance but at this part still there wasn’t any trace of romance. And I got tired of hearing Nox’s thoughts (flashbacks) of him being with Koda. It really bothered me seeing their romance (or whatever they wanted to call it) considering (view spoiler). And you can see with those pages it’s a bit slow. I'm
Simone
DNF @20% and no rating

I really really wanted to like it... This kind of Shifter 101 Backwards - umm, different take on shifter stories - did sound really appealing and at the beginning I was completely hooked.

But then... I get that the switch between two storylines might be important for the worldbuilding and I'm pretty sure they will get together at some point. I might have even pulled through with it if it didn't get too... well, technical? (in lack of a better word) for me and the story
Eugenia
Audiobook, Sept 2019: 5++!! Kirt Graves narrated the hell out of this!!

Original ebook review, April 2019:
AMAZING!!! 5++++ Stars!!!!

A contender for BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR!!

I loved this! What a huge departure for Wilder: sci-fi/paranormal/mystery!!! It had me at the edge of my seat! I couldn’t put it down!!

Secret Medical experiments? ✔️
Ancient Egyptian liquid?✔️
Shifters? ✔️
Defying the laws of physics?✔️
Death, dismemberment and chaos?✔️
Running for your life?✔️
Military involvement?✔️
Memory loss?✔️
Se
Dia
This book was hot, long and super full of action. Even if I'm not a fan of fantasy, the wold building here was head spinning and well a little over the top. But I liked it!
I enjoyed the writing, the story, NoX and Luca. BUT I can't rate it with 5 stars. It was a page turner and even if I didn't really care for all the lab details, I kind of wanted to know what happened to Koda and I was curious about NoX!
There are A LOT of flashbacks from the past - experienced not only by NoX but also by Dr. Da
Deborah
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5*

This is a shifter read with a huge difference.

I’m a fan of fantasy, paranormal and shifter reads but I’ve never read anything quite like this.

Life has not been kind to Luca Suarez. He’s nineteen and dying of cancer. From eight years old his life has been full of hospital stays as he’s battled Leukaemia. He lost his only sibling Koda and last year both his parents passed.
Luca is alone, he’s never really lived, never loved and he’s dying. Alone.
His life changes in a flash. One night a man st
~Volha~
I can honestly say that this book blew my mind! I loved it! The story just sucks you in, and you have to KNOW what happens next. The connection between Luca and NoX is out of this world - it's intimate, raw and savage but underneath it all is the feeling of all encompassing love and devotion. It started so slow but the intensity grew, and there were moments when I couldn't help but hold my breath.

This new shifter concept is astounding. It's a mystery that is sort of explained but still raises q
Trio
Adrienne Wilder builds a dark and intriguing world, and Kirt Graves makes it come alive in the audio version of NoX. The characters, the story line, the romance! From the moment this one starts, the pace is fantastic, and I can’t think of a better way to enjoy it than by listening to the stunning audio version of NoX.

Kirt Graves’ rough and gravelly voice is absolutely perfect for Nox. He’s forceful and domineering, but when the romance starts up in earnest? Ohmygod! Nox is a demon in the bedroom
Fabi
It was ok for me. I've read a lot of sci-fi, fantasy, and pnr. So, for me, it didn't quite measure up. But I think that for people not used to reading those genres, this may be a real surprise treat.

I didn't feel like the romance kicked in until the end of the story. And it's a long story. I'm sorry to say I had to do a lot of skimming in order to finish it. If I were to categorize this book into a romance genre, I'd call it erotica. A lot of sex with little connection.

I liked the beginning and
Chris
Unbelievable ... WOW I absolutely loved this. Dark, gritty and consuming. There was so much detail and depth in this book I really felt like I connected with Luca & Nox. Their love for Koda, and his love for them was obvious and the sacrifice only made it even more palpable. Luca was a beautiful soul and I loved Nox’s possessive nature around him. What started as loyalty and a mission, became a true journey into love - something unknown to Nox. Loved, loved, loved this ❤️ ...more
Teal
DNF @ 2%. Yeah, I made it to page 7. At which point I put down the book and looked up the author's info on her Goodreads page, to see whether English was her native language. To my surprise, it is.

This is some damned clunky writing. Distractingly so. Awkward phrasing, commas in the wrong places, weird word choices. Like this: With every step the man took, the muscles running down his thick arms and powerful thighs rippled with valleys. Valleys? Okay. Valleys that ripple. Whatever.

I don't think I
Sanaa
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

This.

This is exactly what I needed to read but didn't know.

IT WAS AMAZING.
Christelle
There are some authors whose writing, characters and world-building fascinate me and Adrienne Wilder is among them. Even when she uses tropes I’m not comfortable with, like really not, I’m tempted to give it a try. Yes, I enjoy her writing that much.

So, with her wild imagination - no pun intended…OK, may be a bit intended -, this author delivers a fascinating paranormal, shifter story. Oh Boy, buckle up : it's quite a ride !!!

Luca is 19, alone and lonely - missing his dead parents and even more
Rachel Emily
WOW! I am just speechless after reading this amazing book, so much that I don't even know how to explain myself in a review. But here goes!

Luca, not even 21 years old yet, is dying of leukemia when suddenly one night, a large naked man appears and whisks him away, explaining that he is trying to save his life from these huge, wolf-like, horrific beasts who are out to get him. Luka calls the man Nox, based on the tattoo that he wears, and he must learn to trust Nox as they navigate their escape a
DarienMoya

AMAZING!!!

The Narration: 3.5 Pants Off

I’m not a huge fan of this narrator but the story is so good that I didn’t even care.
Jewel
​This book is exactly what I needed to end my book slump. Unique and engaging, I was kept in its thrall, from beginning to end.

Luca Suarez is a dying man. He's been fighting leukemia since childhood and he knows his days are numbered. In fact, he would welcome death at this point. His brother is dead, taken from him much too soon, and his parents died in an accident a year ago and with them went his will to fight. He's a dead man walking, and he's made his peace with that. At least as much as an
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Jul 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hmm... I don't know what I should say about this book. A little surprised at all the 5 stars. this one for me is OK, 3.5 rounded up.

I give it credit for being original - I love everything Egyptian and this one uses the Anubis mythology. I've also always liked Anubis. So points for originality.

The story was good, lots of action, ongoing mystery (that doesn't end with this book).

There were some editing mistakes. Sometimes the writing was choppy. Like POVs shifted within the same sentence! Jarring.
Joyfully Jay
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

Honestly, I am not sure where to begin this review. I can say with certainty that author Adrienne Wilder takes the wolf-shifter paranormal trope and sets it on its ear with this novel. This book is creative, brilliantly crafted, exciting, and absolutely riveting. I devoured this 500 plus page book in two days and it took me that long only because I had to sleep and eat occasionally. While there were several passages that had some fairly hefty science jargon and expl
haletostilinski
4.25 stars!

Before anyone freaks out over the "Major Character Death" tag, just know that they don't stay dead, so it's not a permanent death.

And wow. I've finally finished this, after over a week. Two days was spent reading another book, so it technically took me 6 days. Still a long time it took me.

It wasn't too much a detriment to my enjoyment of this that it was so slow, but I'm still taking off some because it did take me awhile to get into this. First it was just slow, and there was a lot o
Ariana
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, ku, age-gap, shifters
*3,75 stars*

This was a complete ‘wild’ and ‘ferocious’ and genuinely imaginative ride!

In essence, we get a really compelling and thrilling story with tons of suspense, an excellent thriller/fantasy/shifter plot, lots of action and two very different main characters:

Cute, innocent Luca who’s not only lost his parents and his beloved brother quite recently, but who’s also dying of leukaemia. That’s a lot for a young guy of 19 to digest, and I take my hat off to his resilience and acceptance, even
Lisazj1
Wow, that was one wild-ass, adrenaline filled ride. I freaking loved it. Quite the unique shifter story and I really hope there’s more, because I am definitely here for it!
Dimitri
THIS WAS IT, guys!!!!!!!!!

Now THIS IS WHY I READ!!!!! The romance, world building, intensity, suspense, plot, Adrienne Wilder you did AMAZING sweetie.

1. Romance: NoX and Luca were intimate!!!! Because the author gave me adequate time, a long page count, I really got to understand and believe in the romance. It was HARD for them to fall in love, which made for a much satisfying journey and believable love for the ages. Even down to the sex, the author took the time to make sure that the chara
Truths Loveislovereview
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5+++ Ingenious!!

The blurb says it: one man is dying The other is a man who died to live.

Luca is kidnapped/saved by an unknown man who has one order: keep Luca safe.
The man lost parts of his memory, he has a tattoo which says NoX so that’s what he’s now been named by Luca.
Keeping him safe is almost impossible, Luca is chased by monsters called Anubis, luckily NoX has specialties of great power. The one order comes from NoX his alpha Koda, Koda is Luca’s brother who was murdered five years ago...
~nikki the recovering book addict
5 OMG stars!!

Omg! I think I need to reread this again! So much happening. But in a good way. So much excitement! But also, in a good way. Erase what you thought alphas and betas mean because this will blow your mind! 🤯

And it’s a series!! Fascinating! The last chapter probably threw me off more than the first few chapters. It was both fun and frustrating, unveiling this world and its creatures. Fun because it’s soooo different. Frustrating because Adrienne Wilder is a good storyteller, keeping yo
Debra
This was another myth/god-based, action-packed story from the amazing mind of Adrienne Wilder. With an interesting twist on shifters, the story kept me engrossed from the start. NoX knows little more than he has to protect Luca, who is dying of leukemia. Luca's incident with some vicious wolf-like creatures shortly after NoX appears, convinces him to leave with the man. He really has not a lot left to lose anyway.

As the two try to keep ahead of the pack, NoX's memory starts to return in bits an
John Altman

(14
Alyssa
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy-badass-men
I absolutely adored this book!! It was full of originality and surprises: a very refreshing read. I couldn't put it down once I began because it was just that good. It's a good blend of the supernatural, science fiction, mystery and hot sex. I'm really hoping that it'll get turned into a series (cross my fingers and my heart)

PS: is it just me or can we anticipate a romance blossoming between Reese and Harrington (if there's a book 2)?
Christine
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Time of death - 80%. I have been reading this book since it’s release date! I could literally only get through a chapter at a time, sometimes a page at a time. AND I skimmed or straight up skipped the chapters involving the doctors and those other government people or whoever they were.

I truly did not know want to give up. I wanted to love it. I would read a tiny bit of it every week. But I think enough is enough. I just don’t get what the fuss was about 🤷🏽‍♀️
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Yup the hype is real

This book was amazing! It certainly is a unique take on werewolves and Egyptian Myths. I loved it. I can't wait for book 2.
Turning Pages At ...: NoX (M/M Buddy Read) by Adrienne Wilder 25 25 Jun 01, 2019 05:22AM

• Pendulum (Kingdom of Night, #1)
  • Lightbearer
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • Iron & Fire (Silk and Steel, #2)
  • Equilibrium (Kingdom of Night #3)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • Blood & Ice (Silk and Steel #3)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • The Black Prince (Silk and Steel #4)
  • Liminality (Kingdom of Night, #2)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Silk & Steel (Silk and Steel #1)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
Georgia born and bred, I am an artist, a writer, and a general pain in the ass.
I spend most of my days working on my next book or designing cover art for other writers. For stress relief I do olympic lifting and occasionally run (but hate it). I have been in love with writing since I was very young but it wasn't until recently that I decided to pursue it as a profession.

I have experimented in se

News & Interviews

“Your brother told me to take care of you.” Nox rubbed his temple. Protect him like you would me. “He sent me here because without me you’ll never survive.” Luca’s frown deepened. “Is this the part where you tell me the future of humanity needs me to lead them to victory over the giant robot army?” 0 likes