Start by marking “The Chemist: A Cale Van Waring Adventure (The Chemist Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Chemist: A Cale Van Waring Adventure (The Chemist Series Book 1)

The Chemist: A Cale Van Waring Adventure

(The Chemist #1)

This thrilling novel of 450+ pages has been featured on esteemed news sites such as FOX, NBC, ABC and Boston Herald. The Chemist was the 2010 Sharp Writ Book Award Fiction Winner!
The chemist leaves no evidence as he kidnaps his victims. No one has ever seen him, heard his voice, or felt the touch of his hand... and lived to tell the tale.

The Chemist blends into
Published March 17th 2019 by Fearless Publishing House (first published October 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Chemist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chemist

Start your review of The Chemist: A Cale Van Waring Adventure (The Chemist Series Book 1)
Ian Miller
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is a thriller, and focuses on police work, as well as the crimes. The Chemist is abducting young women, usually blonde, and they disappear. The way he does it is to smear a powerful sedative in a solution of dimethyl sulphoxide onto the door handle of a young woman's car. Once she gets into the car, perforce she gets her hand dampened, and the DMSO permits the drug to go through the skin very quickly. DMSO does take things through the skin very quickly; whether you can get enough ...more
Alaa Farrag
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
روايه أكثر من رائعه <3
حقا
غيرت مفاهيم كثيره لدى جعلتنى أنظر للعالم بزوايا اخرى اشبه بالتنميه البشريه ولكنها صيغت بشكل اروع

عندما تريد شيئا ما, فإن الكون بأسره يتضافر ليوفر لك تحقيق رغباتك
هذه الجمله التى سبغت غورى وادخلتنى فى عالم ملىء بالتفاؤل وحقا اؤمن بها ايمانا كاملا ^_^

الاسطورة الشخصية: هي كل ما نتمنى فعله دائما في الشباب وكلما كبرنا في العمر تتلاشى ويبدأ الخوف واستحالة تحقيق الحلم

لقد قرر ترك كل شيء لتحقيق اسطورته الشخصية والعمل بالمقولة انه عليك ان تسعى باستمرار لاتخاذ قرارك بنفسك

وقابل
KarynH
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting from the very first page

Jason Mancheski has clearly shown that he has what it takes to create an interesting story. From the very first chapter of the novel, I was already engrossed. I love murder mystery themes. First, there is a killer with seemingly no trace.
The Author takes us on an adventure around to find the answer to the murder case. This book cast our mind back to the good old police work, and all other efforts in line with solving this murder mystery.
Cale Van Waring is an
Victor Brand
A holiday page turner, a twist on dark ops.
Cat- Lee
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

My first stab at a crime novel and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. The mystery the suspense. All in all a good book.
Sarah Sammis
Debut novel The Chemist by Janson Mancheski introduces Detective Cale Van Waring and a new mystery series. The book is set in Green Bay Wisconsin, an unusual but refreshing location.

The Chemist opens with the kidnapping of a young woman by a man calling himself the Chemist. As things switch to Van Waring's point of view, we learn that she is the forth woman to go missing, one of whom has been found decapitated in Lake Michigan. With her body, Van Waring is running on the assumption that the
Mary
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was scrolling through my Twitter account when I saw a tweet from Janson Mancheski talking about his book, The Chemist. The tweet included a link to a short video clip. It immediately sparked my interest. I sent Janson Mancheski a direct message and he agreed to send me his book to read and review.

The Chemist is a thriller about an elusive serial killer. The actual killer is The Chemist. He is given an apropos nickname by reporters, the Nowhere Man, referring to the fact he has eluded law
Jaime
Jan 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You never know what you’re going to get when you’re asked to review a book, and in this case I was definitely not disappointed. I really enjoyed Mr. Mancheski’s debut novel. Van Waring is a tough detective with a stubborn streak and a little bit of a softer side, and he’s often too smart for his own good. This missing-person mystery had a unique twist that you don’t see often… it wasn’t just about some psycho taking girls (but I don’t want to give away too much). I liked that the book didn’t ...more
Shanell Meek
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall pretty good thriller.

While this is a pretty long read, I did find myself drawn in to it. The characters weren’t my favorite characters as they were somewhat one dimensional and not particularly likable. I didn’t find myself pulling for anyone except the victims! The chemist abducts young women, by smearing a powerful sedative on the young women’s car handle then waits for her to pass out and basically drives away with her. He gets away with it because no one ever remembers his van. It’s
Amanda
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review-2019
The Chemist: A Cale Van Waring Adventure
by Janson Mancheski

Okay, that opening scene? Brutal. The rest of the book, also a little brutal, though in other ways. These characters felt brutally one dimensional - but somehow it worked here. Several aspects of the plot were brutally unrealistic - and yes, I know, its fiction and therefore all unrealistic but 'super criminals' in novels don't work for me any more than 'super cops' do. No one can pull all of that off that flawlessly.

The Chemist is a
Katherine Hebert
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down

The Chemist is not my usual go-to type of novel but I couldn’t put it down once I got started. The story is about one man, The Chemist, who drugs young blonde women and how the police are looking for him. I couldn’t wait to figure out why the Chemist was doing what he did especially because he seemed to have a good home life with a wife and kids. The police officer responsible, Cale, seems to be a good guy who focuses more on work than his own family until the worlds collide.
Elizabeth De Baere
Intriguing and suspenseful, couldn't wait for the
next book to come out to find out what happens next.
Gerald Kubicki
Just finished my 23rd book.The Oracle Philon. It will be published on April 16th,
Elizabeth De Baere
Very good!
Kristin
Look for my review of this soon at www.indigoediting.blogspot.com.
Esmaeel Masadeh
Sabine Duret
Aug 13, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Cut Reality
  • Abductees (The Gravitonics Chronicles Book 1)
  • Poison Orchids
  • Winter's Ghost (Winter Black #5)
  • PARAHAN: The Earth we live on has been an Imprisonment System
  • Kill Code
  • The Silver Lining of Cancer: 13 Courageous Women Share their Inspirational Stories After a Life Changing Diagnosis
  • A Predator and A Psychopath
  • Child's Play (DI Kim Stone, #11)
  • Piper Robbin and the American Oz Maker
  • Winter's Secret (Winter Black #6)
  • Butterfly Kisses  (Detective Damien Drake #1)
  • The Paramedic's Daughter
  • Apex (Crucible #3)
  • The Circle: Taken
  • The Dar Lumbre Chronicles
  • The Lt. Kate Gazzara Series - Books 1 - 3
  • Africa Rise And Shine: How a Nigerian Entrepreneur from Humble Beginnings Grew a Business to $16 Billion

The Chemist (2 books)
  • Trail of Evil: A Cale Van Waring Adventure (The Chemist Series Book 2)