Start by marking “Count on Me (Petal, Georgia, #3)” as Want to Read:
Count on Me (Petal, Georgia, #3)

Count on Me

(Petal, Georgia #3)

Previously published; newly refreshed by author.

Welcome back to Petal, Georgia in this spin-off of the Chase Brothers series by Lauren Dane.

A town divided. A family torn apart.

Is one love strong enough to overcome it all?

Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 400 pages
Published July 8th 2019 by Carina Press (first published June 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Count on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Count on Me

Nicole ❤
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
“Do I have loop de loops?”

“Oh fuck yes you do. You’re swoops and swirls and dizzying turns. You turn me upside down all the time. Sometimes you smile a certain way and damn. I’m hit by something new about you.”
Much thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin - Carina Press for this complimentary copy. This review is voluntary and opinions are fully my own.

📖 Buy This Book : Amazon Barnes & Noble 📖

📚 Series: Yes. But, it can be read as a standalone
📚 Genre: Romance
📚 POV: Multiple third perso
Auntee
May 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Petal, Georgia series
I love Lauren Dane Books--the Brown Family series and the Chase Brothers are 2 of my favorite contemporary series. And I also like the spin-off Petal, Georgia series. But something about this latest edition of Petal just didn't click for me.

I liked the premise, and the RS aspect of it. Liked the leads (especially dreamy Royal and to a lesser extent, spunky Caroline). Loved the supporting players (Polly Chase! Shane!) (although Anne Murphy was a pain thru much of the book, and Caroline's grandmot
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Piper‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

I have been a fan of Lauren Dane for quite awhile now. I adore her Chase Brothers series, and have read those books numerous times. I am so glad that she decided to continue to give fans trips to Petal GA.
Count On Me, book three in the Petal GA. series, is the story of Royal Watson, who is the on-again off-again boyfriend of Murphy sibling Anne. I was really worried that I would not enjoy readin
Holly
I loved this book. Caroline is such a strong woman. I love how fierce she is when it comes to those she cares about. She's independent but also open and caring. Her bawdy side cracked me up.

Royal was steady and sweet. Caroline called him a 'sneak alpha' and that's nothing but the truth. I thought they were the perfect pair.
Chris
The best Petal book to date. Of course I might be biased as I pretty much love anything this author writes. Royal and Caroline are perfect together, the story was well paced, and I completely wanted to bi**h slap Anne a few times. Still love Edward and Polly!
Lynda
I LOVED this book. L O V E D. Read my full review here: http://wickedlilpixie.com/2014/05/27/...
Jess
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Really enjoyed - maybe my favorite Petal book.
Books and Spoons
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
From a rather intense relationship drama to what seems like an impossible to solve legal drama this novel covers a lot of life, living, loving, and growing, trouble, and drama.
I absolutely adore the Chase brothers series and this spinoff to Petal, Georgia has been a great, entertaining addition to the original one.
Royal Watson might be the most honorable, loyal, affectionate, amazing book boyfriend ever, I mean, he is all that and so much more. Just truly a one of a kind man that was easy to a
Ruthie Taylor
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the third in this series, and follows life in Petal - a community that Dane fans will be very familiar with, but most especially Polly Chase! I would recommend that you read them in order, to fully understand the dynamics - particularly of Royal's past with Anne.

Caroline Mendoza is a woman with principles, and a deep need to prove that her father was innocent of killing her mother. She has qualified as a lawyer
Sharon Tyler
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Count on Me is the first book in the Petal Georgia series (a spin off of the Chase Brothers series) by Lauren Dane. Each of the books by Dane seems to stand up fine on its own, but fans of the earlier series will enjoy seeing some favorites make an appearance. This book is currently scheduled for release on July 8 2019.

Wendy
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feel-good
OMG, it's a new story in Petal. I just loved all the Chases brothers and their mother Polly of course! And now, there is another story about an old murder in town. Years ago, Enrique Mendoza was sentenced to death for the murder of his wife Bianca Mendoza. And now, fourteen years later, their daughter Caroline is back in town as a lawyer. And she is determined to find out who really killed her mother. Because she knows for sure, that it was not her father, because he loved his wife very much.
Hav
Avid Reader
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Count on Me (Petal, Georgia #3) by Lauren Dane
M/F Romance
Triggers: Murder, Attempted Murder, Stalking
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Caroline is a head strong, independent, intelligent and beautiful woman. She loves her job and knows how to get things done. When she returns to her home town, a town that rejected her harshly, she knows that she's in for a fight. However, her siblings and their relationship depends on her being close to them. And, while she isn'
Sofia Lazaridou
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Count on Me is the third stand-alone novel in the Petal, Georgia series by Lauren Dane. When the time came to pick up the book and read it, I wasn't 100% sure about it and as I kept reading I realized I was wrong. The story is good and it kept me entertained. The best part of the book was Caroline's efforts to prove that her father was innocent. The romance was also good, but the mystery was the most engaging. The dynamics on Caroline's side of the family changed a lot and for most of the book, ...more
Eva Millien
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Count
Lawyer Caroline Mendoza has returned to Petal, Georgia with one goal in mind uncovering the truth and proving her father’s innocence. No one with stand in her way, not her family, not the town and definitely not the indecently and undeniably hot, Royal Watson.

This Petal, Georgia romance is emotionally gripping and very suspenseful. The characters are strong, bold and have an inner core of strength that really draws readers to them. Royal and Caroline have some super sizzlin’ chemi
Nadine A
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

Count on Me is the third in the Petal, Georgia series. This is a re-published edition.

I enjoyed this book, it had a hint of mystery to it mixed with a sweet romance.

Caroline is back in her home town on the sole mission of proving her father did not commit the crime he had been accused of for many years. She’s decided her life to this cause, has even become a lawyer.
With many people in town put off by her pursuit, it makes things quite difficult for her.

I really liked Caroline, she h
Pennie Morgan
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one even if life had a way of trying to put all kinds of road blocks in my way of reading it. Caroline Mendoza has finally come home to Petal, Georgia, after being away, pushed away, after her mother's murder and her father being accused and convicted of the murder and sent to prison where he died. She grew up convinced of his innocence and became a lawyer and now it looks like they might finally have some traction to finding the actual killer. Although along the way she ha ...more
Lori
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story! I loved Royal and Caroline from the beginning to the end if the book, both as individuals and as a couple. Their journey to find their happy ending kinda reminded me of the intensity of the first two books in the Chase brother's series. This book had a mystery to solve, some violence towards Caroline, strong female lead, hot loving, intense connections to one another. I loved how it all came together. Royal was so supportive and protective of Caroline, loving her with a g ...more
Carolyn's
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've loved Petal, Georgia, the Chase Brothers and especially Ms. Polly. But I think Caroline Mendoza is my favorite in the entire series and spin-off. She is strong, sophisticated, smart, sassy, and sexy. Her confidence in knowing the truth about her father and his wrongful conviction alienates her from so many, but Caroline is fierce is her knowledge-all of which is completely sexy to Royal Watson. When Caroline comes back to Petal, he's familiar with her reputation and being ostracized by her ...more
Ramona
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren Dane lights it up with a new Petal, Georgia Book! The storyline and familiar characters will keep you turning page after page.
Caroline Mendoza came back to Petal for several reasons, one to reconnect with her sister and brother and the second reason is to clear her fathers' name posthumously.
Royal Watson wasn't expecting this "fun size" woman to barrel through his life and give him so many feelings that he was done for. But that's exactly what Caro did and he fell head over heels for her
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Count on Me by Lauren Dane is book Three in the Petal, Georgia Series. This is the story of Royal Watson and Caroline Mendoza. I have read previous books but feel you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Caroline left Petal Georgia when she was around 16 to go live with her other family members after her father was found guilty of killing her mother. Caroline went on to become a lawyer to come back someday to clear her father's name and reconnect with her family there.
Carolin
Yvonne Cruz
The author takes us back to Petal, GA. This time the story belongs to Carolina Mendoza and Royal Watson.
Carolina is back in town after having left town to become a lawyer. Her aim, prove her father, who was accused of killing her mother, was innocent.
That enough let’s us know she is a strong determined woman.
Royale is perfect fo her and the chemistry is felt through the pages. Anne was not my favorite person.
Will the murder be resolved? Will Carolina end up with Royale and find her HEA?
An engag
Bookbeauty
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have received an ARC by the author.

Count On Me is a nice addition to the world of Petal, it was wonderful to revisit it after the Chase Brothers and the previous Petal books!
My review will be spoiler free, well, except of maybe one or two things ;)

I’ve to admit that I’m a bit biased when I read/talk about one of my favorite authors Lauren Dane. I can’t stress enough how fabulous her Brown Family series is… and her Rowan Summerwaite books…. and her Bound by Magick Series… you see, I can go on a
Mary
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This book is a great addition to the series. We get to see old friends as well as get to know more about Caroline and Royal.

The past has a way of impacting the present in more ways than one. Caroline's maternal grandparents are a piece of work. They are mean spirited and woefully condescending.

Royal's family is much more accepting and Caroline only wishes her family could more like his.

After all is said and done, Caroline
Moira
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a bit of suspense, romance, and family drama all wrapped up in a great story. Although listed as book 3in a series, I felt it could be read as a standalone book. I don't know what the first two stories were about and this book was a good one.

Small towns are unique, where everyone knows your name but they also rally around the downtrodden. The Chase family and friends are perfect examples of how support can control how others view the situation. It would be fun to read books following Min
Janet
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a re-release with refreshing and updating by the author. Lauren Dane offers readers a solid romance with a well written murder mystery attached. I appreciated that she was able to kept the balance and not overlap the suspenseful moments with sex/romance. The passion factor in her books is high, and Count On Me has plenty of sensual interludes. If you're looking for a well balanced, light, sexy read, Count On Me would fit the bill. It's part of a series but would stand alone.
I received m
Rhonda
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Original romantic suspense

Lauren Dane’s Count on Me is an intriguing story and part of her Petal, Georgia series.
Caroline and Royal were absolutely wonderful as a couple with serious chemistry. I loved watching as their relationship strengthens as Caroline searches to prove the truth behind her family’s tragedy. I loved Caroline’s brother Shep and enjoyed seeing the Chases and Murphys again, characters from this and the Chase Brothers series.
I highly recommend the whole series though this book
Patricia Reyes
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caroline is a strong woman, she is a successful lawyer, she is not afraid to keep trying to find her mom's real killer. Royal Watson, is not a new character and we saw him in previous books in the series since he dated Anne Murphy for many years. I loved how they supported each other and had each other's backs. Caro dealt with Anne, Royal's ex, perfectly. This book was complex and inspiring, watching Caroline fight for her beliefs and proving her father's innocence.
The storyline was fascinating
Heather andrews
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Royal is no dummy, “there’s no such thing as fine with a woman. It’s fine means I’ll kill you in your sleep.” Caroline likes to keep her man on his toes, “you really should have *** with me.” She blurted this in one of their quiet moments. He paused a moment and then put his beer down" Royal can compromise, sort of, “no to your place. Yes to letting you kiss all my boo-boos at my house. My bed is also bigger,” I liked this book, I loved Royal.
SiKReviews
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is always great to visit Petal. Caroline has such a sense of family that she wanted to get closer to her siblings. I think that is why the Chases embraced her into their fold. Royal is a hometown hottie that everyone wanted, including Caroline. Thankfully, the author doesn’t take forever to get the two together. I love their love story. Prejudice of every kind is still out there. Love is love. It knows no bounds.
Anadosen
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caroline Mendoza left home to become a lawyer with one goal in mind: prove her father’s innocence. Now she’s back, and nothing will stop her from uncovering the truth—not the folks of Petal.When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Lauren Dane is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Moon Shine (Takhini Wolves Book 4)
  • Borrowing Trouble (Texas Trouble, #12)
  • The Girl Next Door (Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory, #6)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • One Last Kiss (Armed and Deadly #1)
  • Cold Day in Hell (Lost and Found, Inc., #2)
  • Into the Storm (ACRO, #6.5)
  • Kit & Ivy: A Red Team Wedding Novella (Red Team, #3.5)
  • Her Forever Cowboy: Kevin (Harland County, #4)
  • Profile of Terror (Profile, #2)
  • If His Kiss Is Wicked (Grantham, #3)
  • Taken (Holton Wood, #2.5)
  • Justice For Abby (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County #6)
  • Bobcat (Tales of the Were: Redstone Clan #4)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Brave Heart
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Three to Tango
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,

Petal, Georgia (3 books)
  • Once and Again (Petal, Georgia, #1)
  • Lost in You (Petal, Georgia, #2)