Start by marking “Heat Stroke (Beach Kingdom, #2)” as Want to Read:
Heat Stroke (Beach Kingdom, #2)

Heat Stroke

(Beach Kingdom #2)

They can't be together. They won't stay apart.

Marcus “Diesel” O’Shaughnessy is a brash, oversized CrossFit enthusiast with a naked lady tattooed on his rippling forearm. Jamie Prince is a private school teacher with an extremely low tolerance for bull. The two men have zero in common. Well, except for three things.

They’re both moonlighting as lifeguards for the summer.
N
Published March 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Heat Stroke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heat Stroke

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
When true love and passion is at stakes, Jaime and Marcus must learn how to know when the right time is the right time and that hiding their true feelings is inevitable...

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am the biggest lover that is anything by Tessa Bailey. Already I have read two of her newest upcoming novels this year, and they never stop being as incredible as the last. This was my very first MM romance and I am beyond glad that I did not miss out on it. I mean, how can I possibly do th
Judith
3.5

My friends that read mainly MF books really rate this Author and I'm always interested in trying a new Author and I've got to say this was pretty good.Ok,so the actual story isn't anything new....an openly gay man and one who's confused/conflicted about his sexuality is something that's ever present in the MM genre.For this to work (for me) ,the MC's have to be believable in their attraction and this was certainly the case here.

This is the second book in the series but reads very well as a st
Aisling Zena
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Review posted 18/3/19

Someone give this woman an award! Heck, all the awards! Best chemistry, best tension build up, definitely best sex and dirty talk scenes and best three dimensional characters.

I don't usually read m/m. I tend to like m/m/f and m/f/m more. Every time I read m/m before I felt like something was missing at the end. Like fairy bread without the sprinkles.. Maybe I read the wrong m/m books because this one did not miss a single thing. It was delectable. Like a chocolate lav
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Christ, he loved when Jamie ordered him around...

I will never, and I mean ever, get enough of Tessa Bailey's brand of sexy. The woman can write a romance with sizzling chemistry, witty banter, humor and her signature dirty talk like no one's business. And I'm currently on cloud 9 after finishing this book. I thought I loved Mouth to Mouth, but man oh man, I wasn't prepared for the level of obsession I was about to get with this one. GAH!

Heat Stroke brings us the straight laced Prince
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, hot

There was much I loved about HEAT STROKE.

But Marcus and Jamie are by far the best thing about this novel.

Polar opposite, Marcus the gym fanatic, Jamie the smart teacher – you wouldn’t think that they had anything in common, but underneath the surface was what really counted and there they clicked.

Together they were amazing.

Really amazing!! Their dynamic, how well they understood each other, and the crazy way Marcus and Jamie completed each other was what kept me reading.

Unique personali
Tracy  ♥️♥️ Book Cravers Blog ♥️♥️
1 million stars!!! Tessa Bailey is a favorite of mine, but she blew it out of the water with her second M/M. Marcus and Jamie were everything! Marcus was freaking adorable in his confusion. Jamie just about broke my heart because he was so conflicted. The aching and yearning they have for each other is front and center in the story. There is so much heart and humor and feeling in this book, the characters practically leap off the page. And FYI...Tessa Bailey can write a sex scene like no other. ...more
Isabella.R
4 Unashamed Stars ⭐

Heat Stroke is the second book in the Beach Kingdom series. The good news is that I haven’t read the first book (Mouth to Mouth) and didn’t need to, to thoroughly enjoy this.

Jamie Prince and Marcus O’Shaughnessy are unlikely friends who work together as lifeguards and at the family bar. Even though these two have very little in common they seem to spend an awful lot of time together. Marcus is well aware of the fact that Jamie is gay and that he is straight, so why the fasc
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“I wish…I could stay. I wish so many things. But mostly I just wish for you.”

It’s rare that I read a book three times in the span of as many days, entirely incapable of walking away from the characters and the world the author has so splendidly woven for us, but NOT reading this book over and over again was not even an option for me. Set against the vibrant, summer backdrop of Long Beach’s iconic seascape, this story tugs at the heartstrings in all the right ways, making us laugh, swoon, and
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description
LOVED this one! Marcus was adorable!

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Gi's Spot Reviews
5 ‘You’re Mine’ Stars

HOT DAMNNNNN!!! There’s ‘hot’ and then there is ‘Tessa Bailey HOT’, aka scorching, relief needed level of steaminess! Add to that already ‘one click quality’, deeply raw emotions that make your heart hurt and soar along with the characters, an insanely addictive banter and one of the most likable characters I’ve have EVER read, and you have the masterpiece, ‘one click must’ HEAT STROKE! Yep, Jamie and Marcus’ story deserves ALL the stars, and became one of my all time fav re
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
This was so sweet and so sexy! Absolutely adored everything about this couple!
Melanie (mells_view)
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Sweet and steamy M/M romance.

Jamie and Marcus are friends... well kind of. Marcus has these feelings for Jamie that he doesn’t full understand, and Jamie just finds Marcus ANNOYING even though he recognizes what Marcus is going through. Realizing he is gay. I think this romance is sweet, but it also has a raw truth behind it that’s surrounded by sticky sweet romance, so it kind of hides it. I like that this book has a bit of real emotion to it when it comes to coming out.

So I say if you’re l
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3 Stars***

First off, let me start this review by saying that I didn't read the first book in this series. And I think that's where this book and I started off on the wrong foot because right from the beginning this felt like I was walking into a story already in progress. There was already a history and dynamic between Jamie and Marcus that, I believe, was probably established in the first book.

Jamie and Marcus have been friends for three years, ever since they started working summers togeth
Jemima
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm still a NOOB when it comes to MM romance but even I can admit that this book was HOT AF!

Oh My GOD!!!!!!! This is scorching hot🔥🔥

Heat Stroke was flipping amazing! The chemistry, the storyline, the heartfelt emotions, the sexy as sin characters, the angst, the dirty talking alpha men...OH MY GOD!!! the list could go on and on...😍🤤 This is so good I could cry with tears of joy 🤯
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
 photo 2676FAAF-EAAA-4C2B-88AE-F2F359606079.jpg

“I was going to say you can keep my heart in a cage. But the truth is, I think it was in a cage before. Before I let myself love you...”

I absolutely adored this book, y’all! This super fun, fast-paced MM romance is not to be missed. Who doesn’t want to read about lifeguards, am I right? Marcus and Jamie had so much heat and passion and fantastic banter, Heat Stroke got me out of a severe book funk. I cannot recommend this one enough!
haletostilinski
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read. I really liked Jamie and Marcus together and they had great chemistry.

I also felt this was pretty to easy to follow even though there was a first book in this series, so this can be read as a standalone, in my opinion.

Jamie is 26, Marcus is 24 and for the past three years they've been working summers as a lifeguard and Jamie as a bartender at the bar he and his brother's inherited from their father, and Marcus as a bouncer at the door.

Marcus isn't the brightest person, bu
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I actually liked this book alot better than book one. This book was cute and I love the characters.
Shayna
Top Favorite

“𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝘂𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗯𝗲 𝗮 𝘆𝗼𝘂. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗜’𝗺 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗜’𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿.”

Say what you want about this genre…whether you enjoy it, hate it, are obsessed with it, could take it or leave it…this book right here NEEDED to be written. I needed it to be written and I’m so glad Tessa Bailey is the master behind these beautiful words. Marcus and Jamie are my absolute favorite couple of Tessa Bailey’s and my favorite MM couple to date from anyone…ever. The vulnerabilities b
Eliza
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mm

★4 STARS★

Heat Wave is the terrific second novel in Beach Kingdom Series. The series centres on the Prince brothers and the personal conflict they each have to overcome. Jaime has done well for himself in regards to his career and is now a teacher in a prestigious private school. The discord in his life stems from a traumatic event that has affected his relationships and how he views them.

His bond with his brothers is strong and they support each other in all areas. Whether it be running the fami
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Love in a cage' Stars!

I just got my first taste of Tessa Bailey MM romance goodness and I want moooooore! I love me some man on man action and I knew queen Tessa would not disappoint me. The woman definitely did a fantastic job with Heat Stroke, the second book of her Beach Kingdom series. I freaking devoured this book in one sitting because everything in it just so freaking amazing.

He was like an addict who couldn’t resist the pull of one more hit. One more hit.

Gah, these two men together
Mandy
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whew boy this was a scorcher! I was so excited to hear Jamie and Marcus were getting their own story! I I fell in love with the adorkable Marcus in Mouth to Mouth (book 1 of the Beach Kingdom series). At 6’4” with muscles upon muscles he gets underestimated as a big dumb jock, but he’s so much more. There’s something to be said for a simple, uncomplicated way of thinking. He knows he likes being around Jamie, so he hangs around Jamie as much as possible.
Jamie is very much out as a gay man, and
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, arcs, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
So listen......

I love Tessa. Give me some Duke....Brent.....Daniel....any day of the week and I will sing the praises from highest mountain tops. Tessa can write a mean M/F story like no other, and I adore her for that! I am serious, she set the bar with Brent, and in all honesty THAT book is what got me hooked on Romance courtesy of my biff Amber....

So, fast forward many years and 100's of books......I primarily read only M/M now. There are a few M/F authors I still read, and adore, and will al
Carissa
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fire
I really like Marcus and Jamie's book. So sweet and hot. Gosh the altercation in the book made me had all the feels for Jamie and what he is went through almost enough that i could cry! I can't wait for Andrew's and Jiya's next!
Kim
I didn’t like Marcus in the beginning of this book but he turned out alright. And Jamie is such a sweet guy.
Lucy
“Well, I don’t know much.” Marcus tapped his temple with his index finger. “But I know Jamie Prince.”

4.5 stars. After reading Mouth to Mouth I was so ready for Marcus and Jamie's story and it did not disappoint! This was one of the cutest romances ever and I had so much fun reading it. Marcus finds himself paying too much attention to Jamie and starts to question his sexuality but Jamie had a bad experience a couple of years ago that means he doesn't want to be involved with anyone just discov
« Court (Take the Read) »
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
It's Tessa. You know I love anything she writes. This was no different. I actually liked this more than the first in the series.

After her last M/M novel, I was SOOO excited for another, and all that kinky goodness was brought to the table again in this book. Likable characters, supporting characters you root for, and plenty of hot scenes. Can't wait for the next installment.

May write a longer, more in-depth review later.
Joyce Mercês
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
description

I can't even describe how much I loved Heat Stroke. It became a favorite on page ONE.

We've met Marcus and Jamie on "Mouth to Mouth", book #1 in the series, and I was INSTANTLY hooked. I needed to read their story!

Let me tell you something: I can't stop smiling. I've read it two weeks ago and I still can't stop thinking about it.

Heat stroke is one of my FAVORITE READS OF 2019.

Reasons why you need to read it: it's a M/M romance, it's super funny and incredibly adorable, they are both lifeguards f
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I was finished with MOUTH TO MOUTH (the first book in the Beach Kingdom series) I knew I needed Jamie Prince’s story immediately. Reading a good Tessa Bailey novel is like eating a rich dessert: it’s delicious so you try to savor it, and it leaves you with a sugar high. HEAT STROKE made my cheeks hurt from grinning so much, I cried once or twice, and I fanned myself because WHEW, Ms. Bailey always brings the heat.

The story follows Jamie, an economics professor and out and proud gay ma
Shannon

Oh my heavens! I did not expect this book, at all! After meeting Jamie and Marcus in Mouth to Mouth, I had the idea that their book was going to be a funny and light read, but boy was I in for a surprise. This book gave me all the FEELS! All of them. I didn't think I'd be crying over this book, yet here I am.
I adore Marcus so much! He reminds me of Blake from Good Boy, who I completely adored as well. He's so utterly endearing. lord I can barely handle it. I can hardly handle how this book made

Beach Kingdom (2 books)
  • Mouth to Mouth (Beach Kingdom, #1)