Start by marking “Bridge to Eternity” as Want to Read:
Bridge to Eternity

Bridge to Eternity

Audrey, recently widowed, is not saying why she left her comfortable home in the south of England to move into an old school boarding house on the edge of a moor. Tina, a young estate agent, is concerned for Audrey’s safety as she believes the folklore about a schoolboy who never went home. Property developers, annoyed at losing a site ripe for demolition, make plans to en
Published March 13th 2019 by Wildmoor Press

To ask other readers questions about Bridge to Eternity, please sign up.
Cynthia I cannot speak for other giveaway winners but when I am lucky enough to win a giveaway (like this book) I do the following ... I read the book in its…moreI cannot speak for other giveaway winners but when I am lucky enough to win a giveaway (like this book) I do the following ... I read the book in its entirety then I rate and review it. Even if I don't care much for the book, I feel it would be unfair to leave a rating or a review without finishing the book. Some books may be slow to start, some may just not be my speed but all deserve a fair and complete reading. Anything else for me personally is disrespectful to the time and effort the author has expended. Before entering giveaways, my feelings were a little different, I felt there is so little time and so many books, why spend time reading something I wasn't enjoying or wasn't connecting with. Since entering giveaways, I feel that as I am "taking" the place of another potential reader that I "owe" it to author/publisher/potential reader to give a fair, complete, honest review which is only possible by completing the book. I strive to be respectful but honest. I understand that not all people want to finish a book for a variety of reasons and that they then use D N F to indicate that. I respect that point of view and find that just as helpful when choosing a book.(less)

Start your review of Bridge to Eternity
Elaine
This is a very different story, one involving memories, mysteries from the past, family, folklore, rumour and rogues. Audrey has purchased an old school boarding house but her plans and reasons for doing so are not initially revealed. One things for certain, the young lady who sold it to her is now reticent about the whole transaction and concerned for Audrey's safety. Just what is the behind the rumour of the schoolboy who never went home? Why has Audrey moved here? What can she do to keep safe ...more
Cynthia
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaway-s
Somewhat creepy quick read

I usually try to avoid ghost stories as they are too spooky for me but something in the book's description got me interested and I decided to give it a go. This book is somewhat creepy for sure but not too much. We'll see how well I sleep tonight though! It is a quick read, I finished it in a few hours. There are many likeable characters, both dead and alive. There isn't much of a mystery as things fall into place rather neatly and everything is tidied up by the en
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
This novel was nothing like I was expecting and was such a refreshing change. I loved it.

The story begins in the present day with Audrey purchasing a large and run down former boarding school house facilitated by estate agent Tina. Tina is convinced the house is haunted and so begins a journey between past and present to uncover the secrets of the house and why Audrey is so interested in it. Through their search into the history of the house, Audrey finds friendship and love whilst f
sophia
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Page turner

All the characters became friends, I was sad to leave them on the last page. Good to read on holiday.
Michell
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
An old dormitory with a tragic past and a newly arrived widow. Is it really haunted and why is she here? It's a sad but charming read.

**GoodReads Winner**
Steph Warren
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book with thanks to the author and Rachel Gilbey at Rachel’s Random Resources blog tours. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Bridge to Eternity is a very gentle and character-based style of ghost story.

There is a touch of The Woman in Black style suspense in the early parts of the book which had me quite jumpy during nighttime bathroom trips, but the malevolence of that kind of horror story is replaced here by a nostalgic me
L.S.
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
When Audrey chooses to buy an old boarding school that has been empty for a long time, she probably didn’t expect the estate agent to not want to sell it to her. But, Tina, the agent, has seen the boy who haunts the house, and given its dark history, she feels guilty about leaving Audrey alone in the gloomy property with a huge bunch of keys, a gas boiler that really isn’t up to the job, and an electricity system that works more by luck than maintenance.

The house was “home” to boys a
Deborah J Miles
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read horror stories, but there was something about the blurb that just drew me in. While it was chilling in part, it wasn't full-on horror - which I definitely would not have finished. Written in the third person, and switching between and the present and 1965, this duel-timeline, ghost story had me intrigued from the start.

The story is about a recently widowed lady called Audrey. She hails from Sevenoaks in Kent, and has bought a dilapidated former school boarding ho
Jamie Brydone-Jack
May 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Audrey decides to buy an old boarding school in the north of England; she's from the south. The place has been empty for a long time, and she was able to get it at a reasonable price. The realtor wasn't pleased to get this assignment, as she felt that it would never sell. But it did; Tina feels guilty that she didn't disclose the place is supposedly haunted. Even as Tina tried to prepare the property for sale, it gave her a creepy feeling. When's Audrey moves in, we meet a quirky cast of charact ...more
Misfits farm
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audrey has bought the Old school boarding house for what she believes is a derisory offer. The locals believe that the house is haunted and the local estate agents think it should be demolished however being Grade two listed this is not possible. Hardly anything works and it has stood empty for many a year. Audrey is not bothered by the gossip and stories and believes the house is pleased to see her. As we learn about Audrey’s story we also get a glimpse of a diary from 1965 from a boy at the sc ...more
Sharon
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Bridge to Eternity’ by Romola Farr is part ghost story, part family saga, part romance novel and much more. Published by Wildmoor Press, the story tells of a warm, friendly, hopeful widow who takes on a bleak, deserted – and possibly haunted – boarding school. The house has a tragic past, full of secrets involving all of its neighbours. New owner Audrey hopes to uncover its mysteries and give the building a bright future.
Audrey is recently widowed and has left her comfortable home and life
Jessica Belmont
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bridge to Eternity is a great debut novel that definitely kept the pages turning. A story of love, loss and redemption, I’m really impressed with this one!

The characters are richly crafted to feel real. I love Aubrey. She’s well-rounded and a great lead for this story. I’m impressed with all the characters, but I think she is my favorite.

This story is actually pretty creepy. It’s a twisted road full of surprises I didn’t see coming. My only irk was the reveal came a bit t
Donna Maguire

I liked the way that this story was told and the view point that the author used. I was really intrigued by the blurb and I liked the way that the author crossed over the different genres with the plot too.

The pace was steady thought the book and it slowed towards the end as the book reached its conclusion. There were plenty of twists and turns in the book, some I guessed and some I found unexpected but I thought that they all worked well with the plot and how it developed.<
Kelly Knapp
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Complex

This story is well written and moves steadily until the final few chapters where it slowed. Audry's character is fully developed and multidimensional. But when the mystery is finally solved it is abrupt, yet there are several chapters that then try and better explain. It shows a back-drop of the out bound schools and the lack of oversight that allowed children to be placed there, even though they had no business there.

In addition, this book bounced from time frame to time fr
Janet Graham
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laying To Rest Secrets of the Past
This is kind of a creepy book. There is a touch of haunting, misbehaviors at a boarding school of the past, and the slow laying to rest of those secrets. It is the story that bad dreams are made of. I generally don't read this sort of fiction, but this was so well done that I couldn't stop reading. I received this ARC book for free from Booksprouts and this is my honest review.
Rebecca
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Bridge to Eternity" is an emotional rollercoaster. Full of history and memories, Romola Farr tells the story of 65 year old Audrey leaving her family and her past behind for a new life in Hawksmead, or so she says! I enjoyed this one - 4 stars.

My full review is on my blog here: https://whatrebeccasread.wordpress.co...
Connie L. Kennedy
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I am 65 and could so relate to Audrey's young memories as they are mine as well. I liked the character of these people, kind, strong independent but needing to love and be loved.
Melinda M
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Bridge to Eternity by Romola Farr is an interesting read but not my normal as it deals with ghost stories, history and lives that are troubled.

I received a copy thru a Goodreads giveaway.
Tiziana Langone
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is full of mysteries and just keep you guessing.
For me, it even gave me goosebumps when really strange things happens!

The story gives you an insight in several people, like Robert, Tina and Audrey. They are all connected by 1 thing: an old boarding school.
Robert used to go there, Tina sold the school and Audrey bought it.
But as simple as this seems, their lives is so much more complicated.
Through Robert his diary, we get to know the hard way of life
Johnie Campbell
Edye
rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2019
Tanya Mcintyre
rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2019
Guy Ward
Mar 28, 2019
Ann Furness
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have not yet finished the book, I am about halfway thro the suspense keeps you going all the way thro definitely a good read!
Natasha
Apr 27, 2019
Merlin Ward
Apr 02, 2019
Goodreads Reviews 1 2 May 15, 2019 03:36PM

• Wrapped Up for Christmas
  • Barnabas Tew and the Case of the Enlightened Cow
  • Heathcliff: The Unanswered Questions Finally Answered?
  • The Colour of Death (Colours, 1)
  • Christmas Child: Discover this spellbinding Victorian Saga Romance by Carol Rivers. (Victorian Saga Romance Series Book 1)
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • Simon Says
  • Intimate Strangers (Lisa Millar #1)
  • The Worst Couple in the World
  • A Summer to Remember
  • Geraldine
  • Two Tides To Turn
  • The Next Forever (Fairhill Book 2)
  • The Birthday House
  • Carved in Bone (The Henry Rios Novels #2)
  • The Fourth Victim