Start by marking “Karen's Witch (Baby-sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)” as Want to Read:
Karen's Witch (Baby-sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)

Karen's Witch

(Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novels #1)

Karen Brewer lives next door to Mrs. Porter, who wears long black robes and has wild gray hair. Mrs. Porter has a black cat named Midnight and always seems to be working in her garden. Karen isn't supposed to spy on her neighbor, but she's determined to prove that Mrs. Porter is a witch named Morbidda Destiny!

Mrs. Porter is getting ready to have a special meeting at her ho
Published December 26th 2019 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Karen's Witch, please sign up.
Employee you cant read you just have to buy i t and then read it

Start your review of Karen's Witch (Baby-sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I loved both the Babysitters Club books and the Little Sister books as a kid, and I definitely remember Karen's Witch being a favorite of mine. I didn't remember how the story went until I started reading this adaptation, and it all immediately came back! This was such an adorable adaptation. I tried checking out the Raina Telgemeiger BSC adaptations a while back and didn't care much for them, but this was honestly precious and I will happily check out more of the Little Sisters graphic novels. ...more
Rod Brown
This spin-off from the Baby-Sitters Club features Kristy Thomas' six-year-old step-sister, Karen, an annoying little brat who doesn't seem to have learned a thing by the end of this simple, but well-done adventure. I'm not sure I could put up with her for a second book though . . .
Scott
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karen continues to be the worst, this time in graphic form. All in one book, she is a snoop and a liar and an oathbreaker and a thief. Her parents were all "We can't get too mad at you because you thought you were doing something brave", but Karen willfully made things up to get her friend to go along with her, so no, Karen didn't think she was doing something brave.

This is how wars get started, Karen. You literally accused a woman of having WMDs in her yard (weapons of magical destruction -- ju
Chelsey
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Erica
Enjoyable but I prefer the Baby-sitters club books about the older girls. This on felt like they were trying to appeal to a younger audience and it didn’t do well without the context of the other books.
BookWorm
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute, younger
Karen is Kristy's little sister, and she's convinced that Mrs. Porter, the lady next door, is actually a witch! Karen has been spying, even though she isn't supposed to, and after careful thinking, she believes Mrs. Poter is throwing a witch meeting. Karen and her friend decide to stop the witches before they cast a spell on the whole town. Or, on Karen herself. But, will they be brave enough to banish the witches and warlocks so they never come back?

This was cute. I finished it in an hour or s
Amanda
Having read the Babysitters Club Little Sister books growing up, I just had to check out the graphic novel. This book was super cute and kids will love its fresh look.
Natalie
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The art was adorable and I love Karen’s vivid (sometimes too vivid) imagination!
Different Is  Beautiful
This book would have been perfect for Halloween time
Natalya Kahmann
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this purely for nostalgia. I read so many Baby-Sitters Little Sister books as a kid so when I saw this at the library, I just had to pick it up.

It was fun and reminded me why I loved the series as a kid. Karen acts like a six year old and gets into silly trouble. It was also fun to read this in a graphic novel format.

A fun, short, nostalgic read.
Katie Fitzgerald
This is a pretty faithful adaptation of the original series, which I started reading as a first grader in 1988. I'm not completely convinced that young readers can fully get the details of Karen's two-family life from the introductory panels included in this book, but her dramatic personality and penchant for letting her imagination run away with her do come through loud and clear. I also like the way the illustrator depicts Mrs. Porter (aka Morbidda Destiny). Her appearance is such that a young ...more
Liz
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
I really liked this series as a kid, but as an adult looking back, Karen spends the entire graphic novel getting up to mischief only to basically learn to try and lie and hide a little better next time so she doesn't get caught, fab lesson.
Alex
This was super cute! The Babysitter's Club and the Babysitter's Little Sister series were my favorite series growing up. In fact, I don't think I read anything but them for years. Since I can't find the originals anywhere, I thought I'd give the graphic novel reboot a try. I really liked it, surprisingly! The art style was cute and sweet. I don't think they're as good as the original but I'm glad the BSC and BSLS series are still kicking.
Lindsey
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
My Addi girl wanted me to read this and it was so precious and fun and cute! Witches forever! 😆
Coral Murray
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not like that she did not follow the rules of her dad’s house.But ,I also liked the book because I like her imagination 😁
Sim ✨(wholesimreads)
I miss Raina’s illustration but Katy’s is equally as cute! Who doesn’t love stories about witches too?!
Brandie
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nora and I really enjoyed reading this book together. I’ve been trying to get her into Baby-Sitters Club, and having something in the graphic novel format she already loves made it a lot easier. Now I just have to try to sell her again on the chapter books. 🙂
The Super Avid Reader
I think it is funny how Karen thinks Mrs. Porter is Morbidda Destiny! I love this book! This was one of my all-time favorites!
Bunny
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These modernized comics are so cute, I can't even stand it.

Though much like with the original books, Karen Brewer is such a little brat. Can't stand it.
Gretchen
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vivid and fun illustrations bring this graphic novel to life! A re-telling of Ann M. Martin's Baby-Sitters Little Sister series, Farina does a great job making this classic story approachable for a new generation of graphic novel lovers. As a girl who grew up in the 90's, I enjoyed this book!
Ashley
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this. The art captured Karen perfectly - it was very Steven Universe-esque, which works for Karen and her world. The story was perfectly adapted into graphic novel format, and I liked the simplicity and sweetness of the art. The colours were vibrant, the text nice and clear.

The Little Sister books were how I originally got into Stoneybrook and the Baby-sitters Club, so I was really excited when I found out that this series was getting graphic novels, because I have adore
Zac
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect intro to The Babysitter’s Club for a younger audience (like ages 7+) or a simpler read for fans of the series. Cute illustrations and simple story ideal for younger comics fans.
Elene Papazoglou
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: popsugar-2020
✔️ a book from a series with more than 20 books
Z
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 5-7 year olds who can read already
Recommended to Z by: Found it in Target
Like a lot of other people reviewing this one, I grew up with the Little Sister spinoffs. I don't know why, honestly. I hated Karen, I hated how formulaic and babyish the books were, I hated how every book in the series devoted an entire chapter of valuable page real estate to explaining how and why Karen had two of everything, and I hated how Ann M. Martin refused to use any contractions when she and her ghostwriters wrote Karen's POV. I hated it to the point where I'd just be sitting there won ...more
Angie  Moore
I grew up on The BabySitter’s Club, but never read the Little Sisters series, so when I had the opportunity to read this as an ARC I jumped at the chance! Graphic novels are a challenge for me to read, but they are my kiddo’s favorites, at home and at school. I love Karen! She has a great runaway imagination and acts just like a 6 or 7 year old does... I’m thinking of my niece! I think that even the youngest of my readers will love this. If they are not yet reading on their own, this is a great ...more
Christine
When I was in Kindergarten, my dad read me Karen's Witch at bedtime. The first night we read the book, I told my mom that it was a little scary but I liked it. Thus began my lifelong love of the Baby-Sitters Club and the Baby-Sitters Little Sister books. I enjoy reading the Baby-Sitters Club graphic novels and was excited to hear that the Baby-Sitters Little Sister books were also being adapted into graphic novels. This book did not disappoint — 3.5 stars.

I loved the art in this book. It was a n
Ms. Yingling
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

When Karen and her brother go to spend the weekend with her father and his new family (that includes The Baby-sitters Kristy), Karen becomes obsessed with the idea that the older neighbor lady (who wears long dresses and shawls and spends a lot of time in her garden) is actually a witch. She refers to the woman as Morbida Destiny, and is determined to save the neighborhood from her evil influence. Along with Hanni, she spies on the neighbor, makes up spells to war
Lorraine
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of the Babysitters Club graphic novel series, so I was so excited to read this book. This was a cute story with great artwork! It is definitely written for a younger audience, so I'm not quite sure fans of The Babysitters Club books will flock to this series. That being said, I enjoyed reading about Kristi's little step-sister, Karen and her over active imagination.

Karen's parents are divorced and she stays with her father in the "big house" every other weekend. There are a set o
Tracy (A Good Novel)
I think this is my favorite of the BSC graphic novels I've read so far, because the art is adorable (a little more cartoony than the regular BSC ones, as befitting a younger audience) and very expressive, but I think it definitely needs to be recommended with the caution that a parent should read it too. (view spoiler) ...more
This new graphic novel series will follow Ann Martin's Babysitter Little Sister series. I love that this first book is Karen's perspective from a portion of a Babysitter's Club book (although, I can't remember which one.) This makes the book a great companion to the other series, although it is clearly written for a younger audience. I also really appreciate how in the art style, the eyes are bigger and the viewpoints are from Karen's perspective which really highlights the different points of v ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • Kristy's Big Day
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Click
  • Camp
  • Guts
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three
  • Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (Making Friends, #2)
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Sunny Side Up and Swing It, Sunny: The Box Set
  • Nat Enough (Nat Enough #1)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne!
  • Kristy's Great Idea
  • In the Hall with the Knife (Clue Mystery, #1)
  • Tilly and the Bookwanderers (Pages & Co. #1)
  • Making Friends (Making Friends, #1)
  • The Miracle and Tragedy of the Dionne Quintuplets
  • I Survived The Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 : A Graphix Book

Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novels (3 books)
  • Karen's Roller Skates (Baby-sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #2)
  • Karen's Worst Day (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #3)