Start by marking “Daughter of Chaos (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #2)” as Want to Read:
Daughter of Chaos (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #2)

Daughter of Chaos

(The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #2)

Half-witch, half-mortal sixteen-year-old Sabrina Spellman has made her choice: She's embraced her dark side and her witchy roots. Now her power is growing daily... but will it come at too high a price?
Sabrina Spellman has just made the hardest decision of her life: She's leaving behind her beloved friends at Baxter High. Now it's time to follow the path of night and find h
Published December 26th 2019 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of Chaos, please sign up.

Start your review of Daughter of Chaos (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #2)
Jessica | Booked J
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Review can also be found here at Booked J.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Series:
Season of the Witch : ★★★★★
Daughter of Chaos: ★★★★★
Path of Night: TBD

As always, a copy of this book was provided by the publisher or author in exchange for my honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

No other author could write Sabrina Spellman like this. End statement. I've said this before, during my review of Season of the Witch and I will gladly shout it
˗ˏˋ janet ˊˎ˗
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Since I enjoyed the first book, i decided to continue the series with the second and I wasn’t at all disappointed. We see more of our witch friends than the mortal, although they do pop in from time to time some more than others, but i actually liked that. There’s so much in here that i loved like Harvey and Nick’s bromance, Nick and Prudence’s friendship and the moments where you see how Nick is already so deep in for Sabrina. I really liked that Prudence realized she already has her own family ...more
Christy
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-rewind
We have a GIVEAWAY for Daughter of Chaos + a Riverdale prize pack happening until April 17th!

Enter here.

What I love most about these tie-in novels is the way Sarah writes them. While there is a central storyline, there are interspersed chapters from various characters (the Tommy chapter in Season of the Witch will forever remain one of my favorite things).

While Season of the Witch is a prequel, Chaos takes place between seasons 1 and 2, where Sabrina is navigating a new school and headed deeper
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
So it's no real secret that I'm obsessed with Riverdale and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Are they great shows? Probably not. But they are sort of like a train wreck in that once they've got your attention, it's hard not to watch. And that element of fun with a side of what-the-heck-will-happen-next is also why I continue to read the books based on the TV shows.

In this installment, it's several days before New Year's Eve and once again Sabrina is in trouble. She has somehow summoned a bad-
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Pay no attention to the rating, naturally I'd say so! Book 3 is coming, so now I figure I can talk about this one without undue influencing of others. I like to record my thoughts on them. This was the book where I fell in love: writing Season of the Witch was awesome fun to write and hell knows I adore Ambrose, but it was my very first tie-in and I was scared I'd get something wrong. With this one, I felt I knew what I was doing more, and was able to stretch my wings a little (the CAOS show wri ...more
Amanda
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Dear Netflix, Please hire Sarah Rees Brennan as a writer on this show. She would bring much-needed comic relief, as well as delivering all of The Feels.
Rachel
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No one but Sarah Rees Brennan could have written the novelisation of CAOS and made it into a work of YA art, but here we are, people.

For the uninitiated, Sarah Rees Brennan is the marvelous author of the Demon's Lexicon Trilogy, the Unspoken novels and the second to none In Other Lands (** seriously, I'm about to exalt Rees Brennan for this work of infernal delight, but if you haven't read In Other Lands, you're not really living). Everything she writes is witty, hilarious, smart and heartfelt -
Courtney McGhee
Oct 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay okay, let me explain the three stars before you get upset. I absolutely loved the writing and the story lines were wonderful! The reason for the star deduction is because it doesn’t flow from the first story. You have to watch the show for anything in the second book to make sense. You can’t just read the books. You miss way too much. Another thing is that I really loved the chapters being black in the first book for the other characters. This book didn’t continue that, and I was disappoint ...more
Brooklyn Tayla
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Utter perfection. RTC :) Thank you Scholastic UK for sending me a copy to review and to Sarah Rees Brennan herself for personalising and signing it ❤️
Paige Green
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publishing company. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Book: Daughter of Chaos

Author: Sarah Rees Brennan

Book Series: The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Book 2

Rating: 5/5

Diversity: trans male, openly LGBT couplings mentioned

Publication Date: December 26, 2019

Genre: YA Fantasy

Recommended Age: 16+ (some violence and gore, some mature content like sex and sex activities mentioned)

Publisher: Scholastic Inc.

Pages: 368

Amazon Link

Synopsis: Half-witch, half-mortal s
Teleseparatist
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, owned, young-adult
I received a copy for review - thank you to the publisher/author for the chance to read this!

I've been a long-time Sarah Rees Brennan fan, and while TV tie-ins are not quite my thing, and Sabrina is a show I watch but don't feel that fannish about, this is well worth reading even for a casual watcher, and a must-read for a fan - much more so than the prequel first novel. Brennan fills in some gaps and while she's sometimes bound by the series (as evident in the necessity to have the plot of this
Megan
Sarah Rees Brennan should WRITE ALL THE BOOKS! This was hilarious! I often find novels associated with tv shows to be enjoyable but nothing special. But I laughed out-loud so many times reading this, the same way I did reading In Other Lands.
Eeva
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
About two things I was absolutely certain. First, Nick Scratch was a warlok. Second, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.
Lobo
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantastyka, gothic
Polish translations butchered both Sabrina's book. They are technically okay but the whole niceness of Brennan's style is gone. And of course I'm a big fan of Brennan because of 'I Other Lands'.

Brennan created complicated, nuanced and appealing relationships between characters. Lets face it - this book was made for Harvey/Nick shipping. And it works! Nick and Harvey have here more chemistry with each other than with Sabrina. Also Prudence and my broken heart <3 <3 <3 Prudence is fan-favorite af
Leesya Nazman
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Daughter of Chaos is really good. It's even better than the first one.
It's even better than the Netflix series!
I loved Harvey and Nick's bromance relationship in this. Nick's witchy attitude around Harvey made me laugh several time. I wished we get to see more of them in the Netflix series.
It's very refreshing to read different POVs. You could explore more stuffs about the characters and understand them more. This book wasn't revolved around Sabrina only, but around the other mortals and witche
Alexandra
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don’t really know about this book. It took me a little bit to get into but once I got into it, I loved it. I can’t wait to read the next one.
abi
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
sorry to sabrina (and harvey) but they're just not nick scratch's number one fan in the same way that i am
Tatiana
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Liked it better than the series for some reason.
Morgan Bernard
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A tumultuous coming-of-age tale of friendship, hurtful gossip, lost love, and Satan worshipers. You wouldn't think a book about a Satanic cult of witches could be heartwarming, but this book manages it.

The writing style is fast-paced and humorous with a quickly escalating plot. I really appreciated the witchy jokes and the banter between Sabrina's ex-boyfriend and her new love interest--I loved how the two guys manage to remain on friendly terms and help one another despite being rivals. This re
J.D.
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
Summary:

As the new year approaches, Nick and Harvey strike up an unexpected friendship. Meanwhile Sabrina stumbles upon a bad luck spirit, who when banished brings the wrath of a prince of hell down on Greendale. Not only do the mortals return to the hateful, witch hunting ways of their ancestors, but the witches begin to turn hateful as well.
By the end of the year, it is up to Sabrina, Nick and Prudence to save Greendale and up to Harvey to save the three of them afterwards.

Personal opinion:

Ju
Allie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Liliya Stoyanova
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book, 5-stars
This book really gave the characters more depth and now I love and appreciate them all, flaws and all. The audio narrators also did a really good job in portraying the characters the way they are in the show.

I live for Harvey's friendship with Nick and with Prudence. Also, can't Harvey and Nick both date Sabrina, I want my boys to be happy 😞.
Megan
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another funny and charming addition to the series. This one really gave supporting characters a chance to shine and explored unexpected team-ups that worked surprisingly well. Harvey, Nick, and Prudence was the trio I never knew I needed.
Marci
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these!

I love these little in between novels!!!! This author knows her characters!!!! Such a quick, fun read!!! Just as good as the show!! Can’t wait for the next one!!!
Kimberly
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you're a fan of the show I highly recommend you give these books a chance! They are a lot of fun and give you more insight into the characters.
Josie
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 only because I was confused.. you need to watch the TV show beforehand otherwise the story line won’t make that much sense! Love the characters and the representation of LGBTQIA
Anemone
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gabbi Zurlo
It's almost the New Year in Greendale and Sabrina is caught in quite a situation. Taking place between the Yule special of Series 1 and the beginning of Series 2, DAUGHTER OF CHAOS follows Sabrina as she tries to balance her mortal friends' reaction to her powers, fully committing to the Academy of Unseen Arts, a broken heart, and faulty expectations all while attracting the attention of a bad luck demon - dooming the entirety of Greendale (witch and mortal-kind, alike).

But! Don't let that long
Laura Altmann (laurabookish)
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is one of my absolute favourite Netflix shows, and I adored Season of the Witch... so when the publisher offered to send me a copy of Daughter of Chaos for review, I absolutely jumped at the chance!

I would say I enjoyed this book as much, if not more than Season of the Witch. It takes all the characters we know and love from the TV show and fleshes out their stories and gives us greater insight into their personalities. For example, while watching CAOS, I never had
Olivia
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-reviews
DAUGHTER OF CHAOS is another delightful spin-off book from the Netflix version of Sabrina. This one takes place between Parts 1 and 2 of the show. The primary plot is about a Dwy Ferch Geg, or bad luck spirit, that was plaguing the mortals and then Sabrina. However, the best part of the book is the depth of the characters who would have a side role in the show.

Brennan has really taken these characters to a new level, giving them more depth and background. As such, Prudence really becomes more co
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Maple Murders (Riverdale, #3)
  • Death of a Cheerleader (Riverdale, #4)
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Occult Edition
  • Nancy Drew: The Curse
  • Charmed Life (Chrestomanci, #1)
  • A Werewolf in Riverdale (Archie Horror, #1)
  • Get Out of Town (Riverdale #2)
  • Paper Ghosts
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb #1)
  • Love and Lies at the Village Christmas Shop
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall (Glendale Hall, #1)
  • A Strangely Wrapped Gift
  • Alias Grace
  • The Day Before (Riverdale #1)
  • Heart of the Moors: An Original Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Novel
  • Star Wars: Choose Your Destiny (Book 1) A Han & Chewie Adventure
  • Blood Is Another Word for Hunger
  • Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
Sarah Rees Brennan is Irish and currently lives in Dublin. She's been writing YA books for more than ten years, which is terrifying to contemplate! She hopes you (yes you!) find at least one of them to be the kind of book you remember.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (3 books)
  • Season of the Witch (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #1)
  • Path of Night (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #3)