Start by marking “Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)

Lake Season

(Bluebell Inn Romance #1)

From the bestselling author of The Convenient Groom  and  A December Bride  (now beloved Hallmark Original movies) comes the first novel in a brand-new series!­

When their parents die in a tragic accident, Molly Bennett and her siblings pull together to fulfill their parents’ dream: turning their historic home back into an inn.

Adam Bradford (a.k.a. bestselling autho
Published November 12th 2019 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Lake Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lake Season

Start your review of Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a North Carolina setting in a book and how fun that this will be a series!

Molly and her siblings lose their parents in a tragic accident. They follow their parents’ wishes by transforming their home into a quaint inn.

Adam Bradford is a bestselling author looking for inspiration. He travels to a North Carolina town, the setting for his next book, and Molly becomes his muse.

Molly finds an old love letter in the inn, and she and Adam embark on finding its owners. Will Molly and Adam find lov
Berit☀️✨
A heartwarming story that will put a smile on your face and an extra flutter in your heart. When I discovered that Denise Hunter has written several books that have been made into Hallmark movies I was not surprised. Her descriptive writing and vivid characters really brought this book to life. Not to mention it was so full of family, heart, love, and hope. Molly and her siblings Levi and Haley have recently lost their parents. Determined to keep their parents dreams alive they will do what it t ...more
Anna
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Molly Bennett was looking forward to her hospitality internship in Italy. But when a tragic accident kills both of her parents, Molly and her brother decide to complete the renovations on their home to return it to the Inn it once was to allow their younger sister to complete high school in Bluebell.
It's been close to a year, but the Inn is now open and ready for guests. One of their first guests is Adam Bradford. He's looking for inspiration for his next novel, and since his mother had raved ab
Sarah Monzon
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Happy, dreamy, book hangover sigh. Or, as my mom would so eloquently say, put a fork in me, I’m done.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Nursebookie
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When their parents die in a tragic car accident, Molly Bennett and her siblings Grace and Levi work together to finish what their parents started, converting their home in the historic Bluebell, North Carolina into an inn. Molly puts on hold up her coveted internship in Italy for her hospitality degree, Levi moves back home to help, along with their youngest Grace as she finishes high school.

Adam Bradford (aka bestselling author Nathanial Quinn) has a bad case of writer’s block and decide to wri
Susan
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LAKE SEASON is the first book in the Bluebell Inn Romance series by Denise Hunter. It is all about family and faith and totally heart tugging. It had me flipping through the pages like a woman on a mission. I had to know what was going to happen to Adam and Molly and all the secondary characters. All of Denise’s characters feel genuine and relatable and put your emotions on one heck of a roller coaster ride. As you are reading, you will find yourself cheering for all of them, praying they can wo ...more
Bummer. I was really looking forward to this one, but unfortunately it was a miss for me. That’s okay though, not every book can be a favorite. For some reason, this story felt incredibly formulated and predictable, very cliche’ for me. The characters also pulled one of my biggest pet-peeves and did the unthinkable; they didn’t communicate. ( Oh, the agony I go through when this happens.)

Hunter did incorporate some nice elements to her story though. I liked the setting with the lake and how Blue
Nicole
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, own-read
If you are new to following me, let me start by saying I’m obsessed with @deniseahunter books! I started reading her books in 2016 and this is my 13th book I’ve read by her. I’ve been on her Dream Team twice for previous releases. If you’ve been following me for a while, you know how crazy it’s been driving me that I haven’t gotten to this release already. Well I finally got to it and I’m super mad that I didn’t get to it sooner! I’ll now be desperately waiting for the next book!

❤️Review❤️

This
Rachel Scott
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who knows me fully understands that I will fangirl ANYTHING Denise Hunter writes—be it contemporary romance, time slip books, grocery lists, etc. So needless to say, I was looking forward to her latest release—Lake Season. And wow, this story captivated me from start to finish.

I feel the need to mention that the temperature dropped into the teens here in Ohio, and so a story set in the summer on the lake is absolutely ideal. The author did a great job painting the North Carolina backdrop
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
LAKE SEASON is one of those stories that is a delight to read! It has wonderful characters who will pull on readers' emotions, and a small-town setting full of family and friendships. Fans of inspirational romance and the genre should definitely not miss this one!

I pretty much could not stop smiling through most of this story. I just loved every minute! I loved getting to know these characters and seeing the romance blossom. I literally laughed out loud at moments and wanted to cry at others. It
Melanie
Lake Season was a perfect contemporary romance story for me when I read it. I loved the characters right away and it was so cute how the heroine, Molly, was a fan of Adam's novels but didn't know he was the author since he writes under a pen name. She would talk about his books and didn't even know he was the author. lol ;)

I loved the sibling relationships. You could tell that they all cared for each other's well being...even if the brother sometimes seemed too controlling.

All in all, I loved L
Rachel McMillan
What I love about Denise Hunter's books is how much the reader can sense her enjoyment in writing them. She has such a feel for the wonderfully embellished setting and for the quips and foibles of her leads that you can just imagine her sitting there smiling at a witty turn of phrase or unexpected romantic moment. In short, a delightful romance brimming with personality. I truly enjoy her bird's eye view of the settings that become the canvases for her story worlds as well as the lovely Hallmark ...more
Emilee
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Molly is a refreshing character. Loved the plot’s twist and turns. Loved that there wasn’t a villain lurking behind every corner. Great character development.
Melissa
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-audios
This is officially my favorite Denise Hunter book! I loved the characters of Adam and Molly and the mystery they stumble upon and try to solve. The story was absolutely charming and I loved the main characters bookish sides...they would be my people! Love, love, love this book and can't wait for books two and three in the series.

Asheley
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Lake Season by Denise Hunter is so good! When I found out that Ms. Hunter would be setting her newest series in North Carolina, I knew I needed to read it. I connected with the story right away and, honestly, it got better and better the further I read. I loved the ending.

Adam has come to Bluebell, NC to find the perfect setting for his newest novel. He writes under a pseudonym (Nathanial Grey) and has been wildly successful in his writing career. Nobody knows his true identity, including o
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'You've been so busy trying to protect yourself, you won't let anybody in.'

Denise Hunter begins a new series with this novel, set in a small Bluebell, NC. The Bennett siblings, Molly, Levi, and Grace lost their parents unexpectedly in a car accident and decide to finish turning their home into an inn as their parents were doing at the time of their death. When a reclusive author comes to stay, trying to cure his writer's block, he finds a muse in Molly Bennett. She loves his books but doesn't kn
Sarah Grace Grzy
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my word. I loved this so much. How did I not know about Denise Hunter's books?

The lovely small town of Bluebell, North Carolina is the perfect setting for this book, and so idyllic and summer-y. I absolutely love small town settings like this one. I wish Bluebell was a real place so I could go visit!

Hunter lays the backstory for the whole series very well early on in the book without giving you an info dump. This book is centered around Molly, one of three siblings, and the next two books wil
Amy
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
New series, new family, new location! These are all the things I love about one of my favourite authors releasing a new collection.

A totally different approach - one that at first I wasn’t too sure about but comes together so perfectly!

Tragedy has hit the Bennett siblings, and I was rooting for them from the start for happiness and recovery. This story begins with Molly, middle child, but oldest daughter & she definitely has taken on that role of matriarch. Adam is their first guest at the Inn
Janine Rosche
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic story from Denise Hunter! Molly is perfectly relatable, and Adam is a dream. Their immediate chemistry had me cheering for them from the start. I loved the element of mystery and the dual timeline effect. And the first kiss?! Simply magical. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!
Heidi Chiavaroli
A lovely romance with a bit of a time-slip element that caused some tears at the end. A satisfying summer read.
Brittany
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I loved this story so much! I loved the way Molly and Adam were drawn to each other from their first meeting. They just clicked and connected, yet there was so much more to it. Secrets and issues with self-worth made it hard for Adam to be open about who he was. Molly had her own issues that she was dealing with, as well. These things were holding her back from really embracing life.

I enjoyed the dual timeline aspects of this story. There were flashbacks every once in a while so that the rea
Maggie Carr
As an author I've met more than once, I devour every new book and Hallmark movie released from Denise Hunter. I recommend and gift her titles often. As an avid reader, I prefer to wait for a series to be complete so I can read the titles in tandum. I broke my pact and read her newest book, the first in a new series and now have to endure a wait until the next title is released. It's hard to pick favorites from authors you enjoy so much but this book is definitely my favorite by Denise to date. F ...more
Courtney | Soul of a Librarian
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-reviews
I've read many of Denise Hunter's books, but this one has quickly become one of my favorites! I couldn't put it down. Hunter ventured into split-time territory with this novel, but she handled it beautifully. I was invested in both storylines and found myself desperate to find out what happened next. Fans of emotional, tender romances will find a lovely home for their hearts in this book.

I received a complimentary copy of this novel via NetGalley and courtesy of Thomas Nelson. All expressed opin
Anita
Dec 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, romance-clean

I'm not a fan of the "clean" romance. The ones I've read are just not that well written, it's not that they don't have sex or have a religious component. A well written story stands on its' own with no need of a marketing label. "Lake Season" has a great plot and wonderful characters but, it just doesn't live for me, it has no passion. The author holds the plot and characters a
Sylvia
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Denise Hunter book, and it most certainly won’t be my last. Lake Season made me laugh, cry, and experience every emotion in between. I fell in love with the characters and the story Hunter weaves so flawlessly.

I absolutely could not put this book down. I felt myself growing along with the characters, especially Molly. This story will fill you with hope and wonder at God’s love, and I can’t put into words how much this book means to me. It is certainly one I will treasure always
Carole Jarvis
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/36USeiN

When a book captures you emotionally at the prologue, you know it’s going to be a great read. Lake Season begins a new series by the Denise Hunter who never fails to entertain and I eagerly anticipate all that’s to come. This heartwarming romance goes beyond surface level with its character depth and complexity that makes it so rich.

I loved the idyllic setting, a family inn on a lake in North Carolina. Trying to bring their parents’ dream to
Kay Defreese
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lake Season is the first in the Bluebell Inn Romance series. I usually don't enjoy a first book in a series a lot because I am getting to know the characters and am not connected to them very much. In this book I got connected to the characters from the get go. I enjoyed this story and hated for it to end but with a series I will get to see the characters again in subsequent books. I enjoyed the friendship of Molly and Adam that grew into love. Molly with her family are running an inn that was f ...more
Diana
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've heard readers say they will give a book one or two chapters and if not interested it will get put aside. However, one can't do that with a Denise Hunter novel! A few chapters in I simply thought this book was about a shallow, immature, fangirling heroine obsessing over her favorite male author. But loving Hunter's books as I do, I kept on reading and found out just how very wrong I was.

Lake Season is an absolutely delightful read—one that will scatter your battered emotions all over the pa
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I'm always happy to pick up a new book by author Denise Hunter. I've been reading her books for a long time and always enjoy the stories she creates. This is the first book in a new series and it's off to a good start!

If you love sweet, gentle romances, this is your book. It's predictable like a Hallmark movie but I LOVE Hallmark movies! It kind of has a story within a story with some flashbacks to the past as Molly and Adam are trying to find the people associated with a long, lost letter. In
Toni Shiloh
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book gripped me from the prologue. I can’t imagine that type of loss the Bennett siblings went through and I desperately wanted to know they would be okay.
This series starts with Molly Bennett and she seems like an awesome person and one I’d be friends (if only she were real). But as much as I liked Molly, Adam is what made this a 5-star read for me.

A nerdy her and a bestselling author?! I loved reading his pov as he navigated the waters and tried to come out of his shell when it came to Mo

• Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue, #1)
  • The Heart of a Hero (Global Search and Rescue, #2)
  • Starfish Pier (Hope Harbor #6)
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor, #1)
  • Finding Lady Enderly
  • Synapse
  • The Express Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #9)
  • The Choice Is Yours: 52 Choices for Happier Lives
  • Whose Waves These Are
  • The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • Before Christmas: The Story of Jesus from the Beginning of Time to the Manger
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • All Hearts Come Home for Christmas
  • Wrapped Up In Christmas
  • Called to Inspire: 52 Life-Changing Questions
  • Choices (A Joyful Cup Story Book 1)
  • Home for Christmas (Shores of Indian Lake #12)
Denise Hunter is the award-winning author of more than 35 novels, three of which have been adapted into Hallmark movies.

Denise writes heartwarming, small-town romances, peopled with layered characters who have real-life issues. Her readers enjoy the vicarious thrill of falling in love and the promise of a happily-ever-after sigh as they savor the final pages of her books.

In 1996, Denise began her

Bluebell Inn Romance (3 books)
  • Carolina Breeze (Bluebell Inn Romance, #2)
  • Autumn Skies (Bluebell Inn Romance #3)

News & Interviews