Start by marking “A Very Fiona Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Very Fiona Christmas

A Very Fiona Christmas

Join everyone’s favorite hippo, Fiona, and all her loveable animal friends for their first heartwarming Christmas adventure through the zoo to find the answer to the question, “What’s Christmas?” This fun and whimsical book is the perfect read-aloud for fans of Fiona (and hippos) everywhere!

A follow-up to the New York Times bestselling Fiona the Hippo picture book comes A
Published October 1st 2019 by Zonderkidz

To ask other readers questions about A Very Fiona Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Fiona Christmas

Start your review of A Very Fiona Christmas
Lori Tatar
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute! The illustrations are fantastic.
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A VERY FIONA CHRISTMAS is an adorable children's book about a hippos first Christmas. Set in a zoo, there is a host of other animals that help Fiona discover what Christmas is.

This is NOT a Christian title so there is no mention of the true meaning of Christmas. The focus is on having fun in the snow, presents, Christmas trees, friends, and love. There is also no mention of Santa.

I love the artwork and the sparkly cover.

A mainstream children's book, this is suitable for anyone, of any
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an audio copy of this in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Obvious, as a picture book, this would be better served by actually reading it. But I think the narrator did a fantastic job bringing this story to life. Fiona had a consistent voice, and the other characters were distinct enough that I could tell them apart. There were a few times I could tell the narrator was reading a sign on the page, and that felt a little jarring considering it was breaking up the story and the flow
Judi
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Fiona, the famous hippo from the Cincinnati Zoo, has her first Christmas. This is a sweet (but not too sweet!) sharing of the love and friendship that blossoms during the holiday season.
Jalynn Patterson
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**Disclosure**This book was sent to me free of charge for my honest review from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

About the Book:

A follow-up to the New York Times bestselling Fiona the Hippo picture
Conny Reviews
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
“It was in that moment that Fiona finally understood. Christmas is friends and fun and snow and lights and trees … and love!” ends Richard Cowdrey’s children’s book, A Very Fiona Christmas.

~ What ~
At thirty-two pages, this oversized hardbound with a front cover that has glitter targets children ages four to eight years old. With no scary scenes, it is a nice story about one’s interpretation of the meaning of Christmas, experienced through the eyes of Fiona, a charming hippopotamus. Containing
Peacegal
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
The illustrations are darling, and the gentle storyline makes this one ideal as a bedtime story.

Although Fiona is a real hippo at the Cincinnati Zoo, this story is pure fluff and fantasy. I honestly would like to see more info about Fiona or hippos in general, as hers is an amazing story.

Once again, we see a white tiger cub frolicking amongst the other animals. The American Zoological Association bans the breeding of white tiger cubs by its member zoos out of concern for both animal welfare
Penny
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Very Fiona Christmas is a delightful story of a baby hippo discovering Christmas for the first time. Living near Cincinnati, I am familiar with Fiona. She was born six weeks premature at the Cincinnati Zoo. She survived and thrived and has become a favorite of young and old. Richard Cowdrey's illustrations are fantastic. The color and movement of the beautiful characters will delight children. If you are looking for a gift for an animal lover, and what child isn't, pick up a copy of A Very ...more
Meredith Spidel
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah! Love this new Christmas title! So sweet and fun--the kids and I loved reading it together! A definite recommend for your own Christmas library or for a gift. Thanks for sending a copy my way for review, Zondervan!
Kelly
It's important to note that this is not a book about the actual hippo, Fiona. It is a fictional, illustrated story of what Christmas is to Fiona. I thought it would be another book of actual photos of the hippo. I was disappointed. The story doesn't feel cohesive, and it also feels forced.
Bella Reading
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute children's book with the real meaning of Christmas. It's better to give then receive. I loved it!
Amy
A super cute Christmas book about everyone's favorite hippo, Fiona!
Lisa D

• Snow Globe Wishes
  • The Berenstain Bears Go Christmas Caroling
  • Peanut Butter & Santa Claus: A Zombie Culinary Tale
  • A Map Into the World
  • Who is the Mystery Reader?
  • Sunny Day: A Celebration of Sesame Street
  • Flash, the Little Fire Engine
  • The Dinky Donkey
  • Kevin the Unicorn: It's Not All Rainbows
  • Tiny Feet Between the Mountains
  • A Trapezoid Is Not a Dinosaur!
Richard Cowdrey’s favorite things to draw and paint are the things that reflect the awesomeness of God and His creation. From vast landscapes to the littlest bug on a leaf, Richard marvels at the beauty in the details. Richard's bestselling children's books include Legend of the Candy Cane, Bad Dog, Marley and A Very Marley Christmas.