Start by marking “All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living” as Want to Read:
All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living

All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living

A celebration of hope. An encounter with grace. A restoration of the heart. A healing of wounds. An anthem of freedom. All Along You Were Blooming is the ultimate love letter from the pen of popular Instagram poet Morgan Harper Nichols to your mind, to your heart, to your soul, and to your body.

Morgan Harper Nichols delivers a striking collection of illustrated poetry and
Published January 21st 2020 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about All Along You Were Blooming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Along You Were Blooming

Start your review of All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living
Whitney Bak
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: editorial
As an editor, I'm not always a fan of what I read. As an English major, poetry was not my number one subject. But this collection from Morgan Harper Nichols was like having a breakthrough therapy session, then watching a TED Talk, and finally getting tucked into a warm bed by the author herself while the scent of lavender drifts from a marble-patterned essential oil diffuser. Translation: I'm so here for this.

Nichols writes with real people in mind, and that authenticity pierces every word,
Cortney
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
“She no longer had the desire to bend herself into the frame of photographs where she was unwelcome.”

A coffee table book with whimsical illustrations to compliment the encouraging pieces that are perfect for putting on a sticky note and pasting to your mirror as a little reminder that there is a reason you are here on this earth and to never forget that you matter.

The book is broken up into several parts and the “For The Body” section was my favorite. The pieces included in it really resonated
Melissa
This isn’t so much of a normal content warning but this book has text illustrated that is often quite small and rathe cursive to read, just a heads up.

I was surprised to come across an ARC of this on Edelweiss, I had no idea that Morgan was releasing a poetry book! (That’s a big FU to Instagram for messing with feed algorithm!!!)

Anyway, I loved seeing more of Morgan’s art. Her art is so expressive and original. The only reason I gave this collection 4 stars was actually because of the poetic
Genevieve
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you haven’t followed Morgan Harper Nichols on Instagram/Facebook YOU SHOULD GET ON THAT. This women knows how to make my feel all the feels with her messages that somehow always relate. Love, love, LOVE.
Marcy O’Dell
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve long loved the writing of Morgan Harper Nichols and was so excited to read her latest book. As always, MHN delivers amazing encouragement that feels like it’s being spoken directly to you. Also LOVE the artwork on each page! This is a book I can see myself reading random pages of over and over again.
Rebecca
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that I found this book. I read through it so quickly, but this feels like something I will come back to often. I absolutely recommend this to anyone. This poetry made me feel understood.
Suz Jay
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
ALL ALONG YOU WERE BLOOMING is a poetry book packed with positivity. With its bright colors and illustrations, compact size, hard cover, gifting page (that records the gifter, recipient, and date with room for a personalized message), and a ribbon bookmark, the book makes a nice present. However, the text is difficult to read on multiple pages due to the small font, stylized script font, and lack of contrast between the background and font color (e.g. white text on a peach page). The book, which ...more
Rachel
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
To know Morgan Harper Nichols' writing is to love it! Like so many others, I was happily awaiting the release of this book of hers. It is just as beautifully encouraging, poetic, deep, and uplifting as I hoped. It has a simple beauty to it, and many of the words touched my heart. It's the sort of book that you can read cover to cover, or flip through and see what speaks to you. Morgan's words have a way of finding us at the right moment and giving a little perspective, hope, comfort, and ease. ...more
Allyson (bookstaandbujo)
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every single page is a work of art. It’s beautiful for the eyes AND for the soul. I love love love following MHN on Instagram and was so excited to order a tangible piece of her work. Perfect to keep on your bedside table or coffee table to refer back to every time you need a pick-me-up. I will definitely pick this one up dozens of more of times over the next year.
Heather
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was exactly what I needed to read at this part of my life.

So many of these passages resonated with me, I have such a deep admiration for the writer.

I’m sure I will be rereading my favorite parts of this collection numerous times throughout the year. It is excellent and I just love all the thoughts on healing and blooming, despite it all.
Rachel
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, want-to-own
I love the stuff that MHN posts on Instagram and this little book is more of that wonderful work! The poetry is hopeful, encouraging, and totally relatable. And the artwork accompanying the words is just gorgeous. This was a sweet, hope-filled read that would make a great gift.
Leslie
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful, much needed, perfect book.
The words are simply flowing from every page.
Inspiration, uplifting, beautiful words.
My heart and soul needed this book.
God sure blessed Morgan with words that make Him proud and come alive. Thank you!
Stephanie Heinrich
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and illustrated. This was an inspiring read that was definitely out of the ordinary for me. I feel like I could read it again and again and learn something new each time.
Kate Anthony
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m often one to shy away from internet famous poetry but boy am I glad I read this! My thoughts have changed thanks to Morgan!
Victoria Krentz

• Nothing to See Here
  • The Wives
  • Steven Universe Vol. 1
  • Dark Matter
  • Steven Universe: Punching Up (Vol. 2)
  • Five Ghosts, Volume 1: The Haunting of Fabian Gray (Five Ghosts, #1)
  • Steven Universe, Vol. 2
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death
  • Welcome to Night Vale (Welcome to Night Vale, #1)
  • Imaginary Friend
  • The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland
  • The Intentional Fallacy
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination
  • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
  • Fing
Morgan Harper Nichols is a writer, artist, and musician who makes her work around people and their stories.

Morgan spent the first few years of her adult life as a college admission counselor, and then, as a full-time touring singer-songwriter and musician. It was on the road that she cultivated her curiosity and passion for the written word and art, and slowly began to share her art with others