Start by marking “All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living” as Want to Read:
All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living

All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living

A celebration of hope. An encounter with grace. A restoration of the heart. A healing of wounds. An anthem of freedom. All Along You Were Blooming is the ultimate love letter from the pen of popular Instagram poet Morgan Harper Nichols to your mind, heart, soul, and body.

On Instagram @morganharpernicols, Morgan has over a million followers. Fans can add Morgan's beautiful
Published January 21st 2020 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about All Along You Were Blooming, please sign up.
S.K. MHN is openly Christian and it was published by Christian publishing house Zondervan but the words themselves are not Christian. You will see a few li…moreMHN is openly Christian and it was published by Christian publishing house Zondervan but the words themselves are not Christian. You will see a few lines about Love (which I perceive as Perfect Love, i.e. God) instead of lowercase love, otherwise it's perfectly acceptable for secular readers uninterested in books with faith/religion. (less)

Start your review of All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living
✨ A ✨
The narrator for this audiobook is what spoiled this for me. She sounded tired and robotic. Poetry should be read with feeling!

I must admit I zoned out at times because of how little I was enjoying her voice and then had to rewind the audio.

The poetry was.... Okay. Not anything that blew me away.

Next time I wont be an idiot and first listen to a preview.

✨ want to see which (modern) poetry collections I did enjoy? click here to view my goodreads fave poetry shelf

___
I'm still in a mood for
Whitney Bak
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: editorial
As an editor, I'm not always a fan of what I read. As an English major, poetry was not my number one subject. But this collection from Morgan Harper Nichols was like having a breakthrough therapy session, then watching a TED Talk, and finally getting tucked into a warm bed by the author herself while the scent of lavender drifts from a marble-patterned essential oil diffuser. Translation: I'm so here for this.

Nichols writes with real people in mind, and that authenticity pierces every word, mak
Christy
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars
4 stars

This was a beautiful poetry book that's been sitting on my shelf for far too long. I almost listened to the audiobook but I'm so glad I read the hardcover instead. I loved the poems and all the images and colors. Definitely something I will reference in the future.

001_IMG_9046.HEIC

001_IMG_9044.HEIC

001_IMG_9045.HEIC
Krista Regester
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Your small voice
has a way
of spilling into the rooms
where you thought there would be
no place for you.
Even when it is only
a word or two.
your small voice
has a way
of pushing through.

And if you happen to be
a little quieter,
and you sound differently from others,
the words you choose
Absolutely beautiful.
Melissa
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, black-author
This isn’t so much of a normal content warning but this book has text illustrated that is often quite small and rathe cursive to read, just a heads up.

I was surprised to come across an ARC of this on Edelweiss, I had no idea that Morgan was releasing a poetry book! (That’s a big FU to Instagram for messing with feed algorithm!!!)

Anyway, I loved seeing more of Morgan’s art. Her art is so expressive and original. The only reason I gave this collection 4 stars was actually because of the poetic s
Cortney
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
“She no longer had the desire to bend herself into the frame of photographs where she was unwelcome.”

A coffee table book with whimsical illustrations to compliment the encouraging pieces that are perfect for putting on a sticky note and pasting to your mirror as a little reminder that there is a reason you are here on this earth and to never forget that you matter.

The book is broken up into several parts and the “For The Body” section was my favorite. The pieces included in it really resonated w
Hannah
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Found it to be really inspiring and motivating. It feels almost therapeutic reading this. The words, colours and illustrations were so calming to read and see. I’ll definitely revisit some of my favourites that I’ve tabbed!
Xeni
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Yeah I know, I’ve been reading this collection of “poems” since February. (Thanks for noticing! 😝) While I love the illustrations and messages from Morgan Harper Nichols, I’m not necessarily sure I would call this poetry. It’s more self help and encouragement for when times get tough. I find myself reaching for this book when I need some encouragement and love, but it’s definitely not the best poetry I’ve ever read. All that being said, it’s a beautiful book with lots of meaningful truths!
Rachel A.  Dawson
We have all fallen in love with @morganharpernichols on insta, and I’m here to tell you the love and gratitude for her work only grows seeing it in print. How many times did I tear up reading these poems? Too many to count. Too good.
Bethany
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stunningly beautiful in every way. A perfect gift book for the grieving, for someone starting a new endeavor, for someone who struggles sometimes to believe in herself...for just about anyone wandering through life.
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
This was absolutely beautiful 💖 This was such a beautiful and healing read. Definitely, words I needed to read or rather listen to right now.

Thank you, Libro.Fm and the publishers for the gifted audio review copy!
Sam
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The words written within these pages will always remind me of this year.

The words, the art & the colour offer a chance to reflect and think about ourselves, our wants & needs, our past/present/future.

It’s the perfect book to have beside you when you feel like being inspired or wanting to write your thoughts in a journal.❤️
Olivia Reimer
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations. Good read that provides hope and a new light in life.
Jinghay (these.blank.pages)
Listened until: 67% of audiobook (dnfed)

Poetry in audiobook form just never works out for me. I don't know why I thought this time would be any different. This is in no way against the book, or the author, it's just that I myself cannot focus on poetry being read to me.
Unless it's slam poetry, which this is not.
---

To be quite honest, I don't think this book is meant to be read as an audiobook.
A huge part of this book is the visual aspect and the illustrations that the author included, and the wo
Kristen
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, scribd
lots of beautiful, uplifting, positive, wonderful lines and i highlighted a lot. felt like they were all so relevant to my life right now.

could have done without the religious stuff but that's just me and i knew it going in so i just ignored those parts.
Katey Flowers
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I listened to the audiobook of this (thanks to Libro.fm!) and I do feel like I probably missed some elements of this book because of that. However, I found it to calming and hopeful in a way that I just really needed right now! I feel like this audiobook is something I will put on when I’m struggling to sleep or when my anxiety is high. It was affirmative, almost like a mantra rather than poetry. Lovely.
Brittany
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mini review:
I am not typically a poetry reader but I made a deal with myself to get out of my norm this year and try new genres. This is one of four poetry books I’ve gotten to read this year. Some poems I felt were oddly worded and didn’t flow but others were beautiful and really resonated with me. I loved the beautiful art throughout this book as well. Overall, I think if you’re a spiritual person you would enjoy this book and if you are not you may enjoy it.
M.  [storme reads a lot]
I didn’t like the narration, but the poetry is beautiful.

Thank you Libro.fm and the publisher for the ALC. all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Janet
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful. One of my favorites as of right now.
Athena Man
May 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Ena (on hiatus)
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
”Sometimes strength is waking up and choosing to breath another day.”

Although this felt more like a self help book, it was still quite lovely.
After everything we went through last year and with the uncertainty of what’s still coming, this book was the perfect read for the start of the year.

But I do have to mention that some ‘poems’ were phrased somewhat strange and it was a little bit repetitive.
Casey | Essentially Novel
“𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴, 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺. 𝘐𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶.”

There’s something to be said about reading a book at the right time. I bought this back in early February and it ended up being back-ordered for over two months. Once it finally arrived, as much as I was excited to dive in, I didn’t. When I was preparing to move I purposefully did not pack unread books and was able to bring a majority of my TBRs with me, including this one. I did finally pick it u
sophia ☾
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, poetry
i've been following MHN on instagram for probably a year or two now, and her posts are always a highlight on my feed. super excited to learn she had a book coming out, and truly it was even more wonderful than i expected it to be. her poetry and art is so prolific i'm sort of reeling wondering how someone can have AND be such a wellspring of inspiration. this book is broken up into sections, for the heart, mind, body, and soul, and at first i was tabbing all my favorite pages before i realized i ...more
Rebecca
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that I found this book. I read through it so quickly, but this feels like something I will come back to often. I absolutely recommend this to anyone. This poetry made me feel understood.
Heather
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I fully believe that the right books find you just when you need them most. My world weary heart soaked this book up like rain on soil after a drought.
Anna Lewis
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
brb just gonna mail as many poems to as many people I can and hope I have enough stamps. Morgan Harper Nichols is a gentle wonder, sitting with her words is a fantastic way to pass time
Jeske
Jan 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
What a sweet book this is. A lot of the poems had a comforting effect on me and some even made me feel brave to move forward.
I feel like i’ve read it in a time in my life where i really needed these uplifting words that know of the depth of pain as well.
I will probably grab it often in the future to find comfort in times of need. The way she speaks it sounds as if i’m cradled by a very wise and accepting mother.
T.E. Elliott
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So warm and full of wisdom

Morgan's words are deeply relatable and simply, yet profoundly wise. I think the kindle version doesn't do it justice because it lacks most of the illustrations, but the words are still beautiful!

• Severance
  • Inside Out
  • Nothing to See Here
  • The Wives
  • Steven Universe Vol. 1
  • Dark Matter
  • Steven Universe: Punching Up (Vol. 2)
  • Five Ghosts, Volume 1: The Haunting of Fabian Gray (Five Ghosts, #1)
  • Steven Universe, Vol. 2
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? And other Questions about Dead Bodies
  • Welcome to Night Vale (Welcome to Night Vale, #1)
  • Imaginary Friend
  • The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland
  • The Intentional Fallacy
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination
  • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
  • Home Body
Morgan Harper Nichols is a writer, artist, and musician who makes her work around people and their stories.

Morgan spent the first few years of her adult life as a college admission counselor, and then, as a full-time touring singer-songwriter and musician. It was on the road that she cultivated her curiosity and passion for the written word and art, and slowly began to share her art with others on

News & Interviews

“She no longer had the desire to bend herself into the frame of photographs where she was unwelcome” 7 likes
“But no matter who stays
or who walked away,