Start by marking “The Faith of Queen Elizabeth: The Poise, Grace, and Quiet Strength Behind the Crown” as Want to Read:

Discover the inspiring spiritual legacy of Queen Elizabeth II, the longest reigning monarch in British history. Sharing a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the life of this notoriously private monarch, The Faith of Queen Elizabeth features intimate stories and inspiring reflections on the personal faith behind the Crown. With testimonies from historic figures such as Winston ...more
Published December 3rd 2019 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about The Faith of Queen Elizabeth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Faith of Queen Elizabeth

Start your review of The Faith of Queen Elizabeth: The Poise, Grace, and Quiet Strength Behind the Crown
Susan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Most of you know about my longstanding interest in the Royal Family. I wrote my high school senior comp paper on Charles and Diana’s “royal romance.” When Diana died, I had people calling me to see if *I* was okay. I’m also a devoted Christian.

So when I was offered a new book, “The Faith of Queen Elizabeth,” I was eager to accept. I’d love to know more about the Queen’s faith. She’s such a reserved person that it’s hard to tell much about her religious convictions.

I began the book and plowed
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
“We are social creatures living in various intersecting networks of relationships. Even today most people still shape their personal faith and spirituality with input from others, especially authoritative figures...we still consider the ways we see other prominent people living their faith and allow them to influence our own spiritual life...they restore our hope and inspire us to become better people, drawing us back again and again to God’s grace, Christ’s love, and the Spirit’s presence in ...more
Donna Hines
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An incredible, inspiring, authentic look into the life and times of a true -QUEEN!
What more can one say other than to take notes on how to carry oneself with grace, dignity, and humility.
Having been married in the Cayman Islands on Grand Cayman I can attest to the intrigue and intensity she has among her people.
She is the rock, the glue, the foundation upon which all else exists in the British Territories and she shall reign supreme.
I absolutely adored how this book flowed and ebbed throughout
Kim Bakos
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
Although I enjoyed the book, it really wasn't what the title would suggest it is.
If you want a brief overview of the 70 years of Elizabeth's reign and a little of the family history that led to her ascension to the throne, this book will give you that. If you want to learn about her faith, which is what the book is supposed to be about, there is very little of that in here.
The only real substance about her faith that is backed by facts is the snippets taken from some of her speeches, primarily
Dr. Leanna Floyd
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful! Inspiring!
The Faith of Queen Elizabeth: The Poise, Grace, and Quiet Strength Behind the Crown is a beautiful and inspiring look into the life of an amazing woman who exudes all the characteristics of an admired and honorable queen. I was wrapped up in the pages of this story as the author described the Queen’s life with such detail and insight that I felt like I personally knew her. She faced struggles, personally and professionally, but she responded to them with strength, courage,
Beth
This wasn't exactly what I thought it would be, which made it a bit disappointing. More of the book was about events and the outward reactions by the Queen, than about her personal faith. It can also be difficult to follow because the events are included according to chapter theme, rather than being chronological, and even with in chapters it jumps back and forth between decades.
Yes, our faith is a private thing between us and God, and Queen Elizabeth II is entitled to her privacy as well; but
Kat
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Being from America, I really do not know much about Queen Elizabeth, or the Royal Family as a whole. So, I was happy to get a chance to read this book by Dudley Delffs. I so enjoyed learning more about her becoming Queen and the over 50 years that she has reigned. I feel like I know her so much better than before and find her fascinating. The author a few times mentioned the Netflix series The Crown, so of course I had to start watching it as a result of having a desire to learn more. I loved ...more
Susan Dyson
Dec 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
If you are thinking of reading this to get any extra understanding of the faith of the Queen don't bother. The historical information that he uses is fiction, quoting Netflix The Crown and the film The Queen as well as "The Kings speech". Even more bizarrely using a fictitious novel called "Mrs Queen takes the train" as if it contains some insight to the thoughts of the Queen. The personal interviews are equally as strange. Oddly I don't need to know that Gemma, a student how has had nothing to ...more
Chels Patterson
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
The book just devolves into a fan letter about the Queen. Repeats the same stories about The Queen as popular tv shows and movies do. Very little is about religion.

The author had opportunity to explore the faith more deeply. The author states the Queens favourite hymns, psalms, parables, etc they could have explored why it may speak to the Queen or what those passages mean.

Instead it’s just over done stories like that of the Queen driving the Saudi Prince.

The personal stories at the end of
Liz M.
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher and Goodreads Giveways in exchange for an honest review. Thanks!

I wish the advanced copy I received included the photographs and not just the captions; I believe this would have made the book more enjoyable but I must judge the book I was given.

I am not certain how to categorize this book because it meandered; it was a bit history, a little religious, and a tad popular culture. I thought it was odd that the author described and
Steph Cherry
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I hate to say it, but this was a “meh” read for me. If you have watched the Crown and done a little Google search, you’ve read this book. It’s a recap of her life and how the author believes the Queen operated in faith in certain situations. There were a few things I learned about her, but it was largely a so so read. The story drug along and jumped around. It’s like a fan letter with people the author ran into that knew the Queen. He did not speak to her. The closest he got was thinking he saw ...more
Liz
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really interesting behind-the-scenes description of the life and times of Queen Elizabeth II. Despite the title, there are only passing references to her religious faith but there is a great deal of information about the human side of this admirable woman. I've always been impressed by her commitment to duty and service, especially at her advanced age, but it was an eye-opener to learn about the personal cost it had been for me. I doubt there will ever be another like her on the ...more
Allison
A very interesting, fairly in-depth analysis of the world's best known monarch. This is not a biography per se, however it does cover quite a bit of the Queen's life and experiences. It is interesting to look at these events from the perspective of her abiding Christian faith, and how it informs the multitude of things she does/has done.

Anyone who is interested in Queen Elizabeth, modern leaders, or women in leadership is encouraged to read this book.

RECOMMENDED
Barbara White
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Faith of Queen Elizabeth: The Poise, Grace, and Quiet Strength Behind the Crown gives an extraordinary look into Queen Elizabeth. I have heightened my admiration for her and how she handles her life and job. I highly recommend this book.Thanks to Goodreads First Reads for my copy of this great book.
Jody Hunt
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway! Thank you Goodreads and Zondervan Books! I have always been interested in the royal family, especially the Queen, this book brought new insight into her life based on her faith.
Terri Layton
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was quite enlightening for me. I've never really been too interested in the royals. However this book gave me a new insight on the tradition that the royals hold in such high regard and why us commoners are so enchanted by it.
BEth Coulson
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommended to BEth by: bethcoulson1954@gmail.com
Interesting and I learned some background about the Queen but not a whole lot of information about her faith like did she go to church weekly, read her Bible daily, consult with church people, etc. More faith details would have been nice .
Elisheva
This book was not for me. I thought it would be more history-based but instead it read more like the author's own personal musings on Queen Elizabeth and theology.
Carolyn Kuttim

• Whatever the Impulse
  • Who Am I, Again?
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • After the Flood
  • Stitches in Time (The Deacon's Family #2)
  • The Liar in the Library (Fethering, #18)
  • Sleep No More: Six Murderous Tales
  • Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2)
  • Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder, #1)
  • Free to Believe: The Battle Over Religious Liberty in America
  • The Fox
  • Before We Were Strangers
  • Let It Snow
  • Finding Christmas
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse