Start by marking “An Amish Christmas Bakery” as Want to Read:

An Amish Christmas Bakery

From bestselling authors in the Amish genre come four delicious stories perfect for celebrating love, joy, and the holiday season.

Cookies and Cheer  by Amy Clipston

Published October 1st 2019 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Christmas Bakery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Christmas Bakery

Start your review of An Amish Christmas Bakery
Deanne Patterson
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
I haven't even started any Fall baking yet let alone Christmas baking but after reading these four baking filled stories I am encouraged to start doing some. Muffins,cookies,cinnamon buns with the wind howling outside and the leaves kicking up what could be a better way to spend the day?
Baking and romance with faith filled stories that are very encouraging the authors in this novella write four stories I will read time and again just for the good feeling they give me.
I look forward to reading ab
Melissa Henderson
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet group of stories! From cookies to Christmas cheer to finding love and more, each story is full of friendship, love and Christmas joy. I enjoyed reading these stories. Each author has a unique way of writing and sharing. I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required.
Hallie Szott
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5

This holiday season, join four authors in Amish-set stories featuring heartwarming romance and delicious baked treats.

-In Amy Clipston’s Cookies and Cheer, Alyssa Byler learns an important lesson about making time for the people she loves.
-In Beth Wiseman’s Loaves of Love, Katie Swartzentruber and Henry Hershberger confront feelings they have harbored for years amidst the bakery’s busiest season.
-In Kathleen Fuller’s Melting Hearts, Peter Kaufman is the last person Maddie Shetler expected
Elizabeth
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By: Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Irvin
What a charming Christmas collection of four Novella by four different authors. All four of these novellas were well written and well developed. This collection is about cookies, meaning of Christmas, love, christian fiction, and forgiveness. I really enjoyed this collection of wonderful novellas.
I was given a complimentary copy of this book by NetGalley and the Publisher, but as not told that I had to give
Kristina
An Amish Christmas Bakery by Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kelly Irvin and Kathleen Fuller contains four Amish Christmas stories. Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston takes us to Ronks Bakery in November where Alyssa Byler comes up with the idea to do a sugar cookie nativity scene for their front window. She will need special cookie cutters made and approaches Kyle Smoker, a metalworker, to make them. Alyssa creates a lovely display that draws customers into the shop and, after an article appears in ...more
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston

Alyssa Byler wants to build a sugar cookie nativity scene for her bakery’s Christmas window display—all she needs is the right cookie cutters. She turns to handsome blacksmith Kyle Smoker. Using Kyle’s handmade cutters, Alyssa created a striking display that brings more customers than she can handle. She soon realizes she’s been too busy to focus on the true meaning of Christmas—and too distracted to explore her feelings for Kyle. Together, they put aside the hol
Brittany
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed all four of these sweet Christmas novellas! Each one kept my interest and all four novellas had good storylines that were enjoyable to read during this holiday season.

These four stories are not connected to each other. Some of the novellas are set in locations where other books by those authors are set, however, it is not necessary to have read any of the other stories to enjoys these novellas. They all stand on their own nicely.

For fans of Amish fiction, who are looking for enjoyable
Kailey
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed these sweet stories. Each author has such a unique way of writing their stories. I would love to read more from each of these stories and authors. This is the perfect book to get you in the mood for the holiday season!

I was given a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, but was not required to write a review. The thoughts and comments are my own.
Lindsay
Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston:

Alyssa Byler dreaming of the next holiday window display for her work. As she draws out her idea for the window display and then she gets permission to create it. She needs to ask someone to make the cookie cutters for her. As Alyssa Byler get more ideas. Will they be all good. She asks Kyle Smoker to make the Cookie Cutters will happen when there is more demand?

Alyssa Byler seems to get pulled into the hustle and bustle and forget the most important thing about
Marilyn
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
An Amish Christmas Bakery will cause readers to want to bake and dig out some old favorite recipes. Each novella is centered a round a bakery and a chance of finding love. The characters are true to life with their flaws and strengths. Each author penned their novella in their own unique style.

Amy Clipston’s creativity with Cookies and Cheer was a delightful read with Alyssa Byler’s brilliant creation of a nativity from sugar cookies. Seeking assistance from Kyle Smoker, the local blacksmith, b
Abigail
Cookies and Cheer – 5 stars

Aww, this was such a cute short story that had my heart pounding. I loved Kyle and Alyssa. They were really cute and I loved seeing their relationship blossom throughout this story. This Christmas story also reminds us of the importance of remembering the true meaning of Christmas. Though the holiday season may get busy we must remember Christ’s birth and family during this crazy holiday season.

Loaves of Love – 4 stars

This was a sweet story too. I didn’t like it as mu
Carole Jarvis
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2YvyzlI

An Amish Christmas Bakery is a delightful collection of Christmas-themed novellas by four talented authors – Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Irvin. The locations are different, but all have a small-town bakery setting. As I would have expected, they are all well written, engaging, filled with hope, love, a timely faith message, and radiate Christmas joy.

Amy Clipston’s writing style and characters had me completely engag
Janet
When a super-speed reader doesn't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

***************************************************
Alyssa Byler wants t
Natalie
Gail Hollingsworth
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book contains four beautifully written stories by well known writers of Amish fiction, Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller and Kelly Irvin.
Each story centers around bakeries during the busy Christmas season. Hardships are realized when family members are sick or healing from surgery and the burden of keeping up with all the orders falls on one or two. Being too busy and stressed to stop and enjoy the true meaning of Christmas becomes an issue.
The characters in each story were well
Lori
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sorry I'm so late in sending this one out.
I don't really have a favorite story because
I loved each and every one of these stories and the authors who created them are some of my top favorite!!
Each one has it's own personal charm just like the ladies that wrote them!
This book will sure make you drool and I will just honestly say when it comes to sugar cookie dough I doubt anyone will be getting those because I will have eaten all the dough! I know it sounds horrible but I'm going to blame that on
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
These ladies have created beautiful stories! These ladies are truly talented in their writing styles and create gripping stories filled with hope, love, and Christmas fun!

I love all these stories but one of my favorites was Amy Clipston’s Cookies and Cheer. I love the way she creates her characters, and the vivid details she uses to set her story line is awesome! From the start of her story we are taken to the heart of Christmas and a captivating novella that will bring you peace, joy, and ultim
Vicky Sluiter
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful, heart warming set of Christmas stories. I enjoyed them all. Each story takes place in a bakery, giving them a wonderful theme throughout all four books.

The characters are the kind that, as a reader, you fall in love with. Less than perfect but with hearts to follow God, they feel genuine.

Being set in a bakery, this will really get you in the mood for Christmas as each author describes the wonderful fresh products and the smells that draw you in. I’m ready to bake!

Don’t get t
Tina
Sep 04, 2019 is currently reading it
An Amish Christmas Bakery has four wonderful stories about finding love at Christmas, which just happens to be my favorite time of year! The four authors, Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Irvin, do a great job, as always, of keeping you entranced. Each story is delightful and will bring smiles and laughter to you as you read.
In Clipston's story, Cookies and Cheer, Alyssa wants to create a nativity window display at the bakery where she works that is made of Christmas cooki
Connie Saunders
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The four stories in this new book are written by four different authors and even though they are all different, they are all centered around Amish bakeries and they all have the common themes of love, friendship, and the importance of family. I appreciate that there are discussion questions at the end of each novella and I liked that I could choose to read one story at a time, as my schedule allowed. I will admit, however, that I found myself wanting to keep reading because all of them are so go ...more
Janice Sisemore
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
An Amish Christmas Bakery

I loved all the stories in this book set.

Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston

Alyssa learns a lesson of working too much can have a influence on friends and family. She works at a bakery that gets very busy during Christmas time. Alyssa just wanted to help out her friend that owns the bakery. What happens when she works so much?

Loaves of Love by Beth Wiseman

Another lesson learned in this book. Katie is offered a propane stove to cook with at her bakery. She finds out it
Sarah Hyatt
I read this because my grandma can't. I'm not particularly a fan of Amish fiction and therefore I'm not the person to rate this book. There was a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch, and a lot of baking, and interpersonal drama among the Amish.
Donna
Nov 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
I cannot give a review as I never received the book.
Myrtle
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend. I was sorry to see each story end.
Ruth Hill
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

This collection contains four short Christmas stories written by four authors, and all of them deal with different characters in an Amish community and somewhat centered on an Amish bakery. You will find clean stories with Amish elements. For those not familiar with the Amish culture, there is a glossary at the beginning. Each of these stories has discussion qu
Jeanette Fallon
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A "sweet" collection of stories by four authors.  I love any story, book or movie about the Amish.  I received this to review and was immediately immersed in the Christmas season within the Amish community.  I was in the mood for Christmas with 9 inches of snow on the ground and the fireplace making it nice and cozy inside.  I grabbed my cup of tea to enjoy and enjoyed I did.

The stories were all based in bakeries as the title indicates.  Who could resist reading about pies, cookies and cakes?  I
Leah
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
4 stars:
Cookies and Cheer
Loaves of Love
2 stars:
Melting Hearts
Cakes and Kisses

Each story takes place between Thanksgiving and Christmas and involves a bakery. There is a lot of baked goods in these stories, and each one sounds delicious. Two stories were enjoyable. The characters were likeable, and their stories were sweet and interesting. The other two stories weren't fun to read. Some of the characters were unlikeable, and I didn't like what happened in the stories. Each story has a happy endin
Meghan
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was so excited to read this book because of the familiarity we have with all of the authors that collaborated in An Amish Christmas Bakery. When reading all of the stories, you can't help but feel like you are transported to all of the bakeries smelling all the delicious desserts baking and fell so warm and cozy ready for the holiday season. Also a spoonful of
Linda
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four of my favorite authors of Amish Fiction have written a collection of four novellas celebrating the Christmas season with delicious smells and tastes from Amish bakeries. Each story is different written with each author’s unique style and each contains the message of family, love, joy, and hope. I delighted in each story and I think it would be a perfect gift for someone including yourself!
I received a complimentary copy of this book by the Publisher and NetGalley. The opinions are my own.
Sally
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How fun I had visiting four different bakeries while I learned how some of the the Amish managed to run them. (A favorite place of mine!) These four novellas are written by four well known authors and all the stories do not disappoint.

In the process of baking cookies and cakes, I enjoyed how they all included a love interest and clean story among friendships and families surrounding the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. After dealing with their problems it was heartwarming to see how they were
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Amish Front Porch Stories: 18 Short Tales of Simple Faith and Wisdom
  • Stitches in Time (The Deacon's Family, #2)
  • Listening to Love (An Amish Journey #2)
  • A Christmas Haven: An Amish Christmas Romance
  • An Amish Second Christmas
  • Abraham
  • An Amish Christmas Kitchen: Three Novellas Celebrating the Warmth of the Season
  • The Crow's Call (Amish Greenhouse Mystery #1)
  • Two Steps Forward (The Deacon's Family, #3)
  • The Protective One (Walnut Creek #3)
  • The Amish Christmas Matchmaker (Indiana Amish Brides #4)
  • A Beautiful Arrangement (An Amish Journey #3)
  • The Innkeeper's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #3)
  • Hearts in Harmony
  • An Amish Cookie Club Christmas (The Amish Cookie Club #2)
  • On a Coastal Breeze (Three Sisters Island, #2)
  • His Unexpected Amish Twins
  • The Mockingbird's Song (Amish Greenhouse Mystery #2)
Hi, I’m Amy Clipston. I am an author of Amish and Christian fiction with HarperCollins Christian Publishing. Most of my books focus on the Amish community, faith, and love. I also write romance novels and young adult inspirational stories.

My books include:

Kauffman Amish Bakery Series
• A Gift of Grace (2009)
• A Promise of Hope (2010)
• A Place of Peace (2011)
• A Life of Joy (2012)