Start by marking “An Amish Christmas Bakery” as Want to Read:

An Amish Christmas Bakery

From bestselling authors in the Amish genre come four delicious stories perfect for celebrating love, joy, and the holiday season.

Cookies and Cheer  by Amy Clipston

Alyssa Byler wants to build a sugar cookie nativity scene for her bakery’s Christmas window display—all she needs is the right cookie cutters. She turns to handsome blacksmith Kyle Smoker. Using Kyle’s handmade cutters,
Published October 1st 2019 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Christmas Bakery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Christmas Bakery

Deanne Patterson
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
I haven't even started any Fall baking yet let alone Christmas baking but after reading these four baking filled stories I am encouraged to start doing some. Muffins,cookies,cinnamon buns with the wind howling outside and the leaves kicking up what could be a better way to spend the day?
Baking and romance with faith filled stories that are very encouraging the authors in this novella write four stories I will read time and again just for the good feeling they give me.
I look forward t
Elizabeth
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By: Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Irvin
What a charming Christmas collection of four Novella by four different authors. All four of these novellas were well written and well developed. This collection is about cookies, meaning of Christmas, love, christian fiction, and forgiveness. I really enjoyed this collection of wonderful novellas.
I was given a complimentary copy of this book by NetGalley and the Publisher, but as not told t
Melissa Henderson
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet group of stories! From cookies to Christmas cheer to finding love and more, each story is full of friendship, love and Christmas joy. I enjoyed reading these stories. Each author has a unique way of writing and sharing. I received a complimentary copy of this book. No review was required.
Kristina
An Amish Christmas Bakery by Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kelly Irvin and Kathleen Fuller contains four Amish Christmas stories. Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston takes us to Ronks Bakery in November where Alyssa Byler comes up with the idea to do a sugar cookie nativity scene for their front window. She will need special cookie cutters made and approaches Kyle Smoker, a metalworker, to make them. Alyssa creates a lovely display that draws customers into the shop and, after an article appears in ...more
Kailey
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed these sweet stories. Each author has such a unique way of writing their stories. I would love to read more from each of these stories and authors. This is the perfect book to get you in the mood for the holiday season!

I was given a complimentary copy of this ebook from the author, but was not required to write a review. The thoughts and comments are my own.
Janet
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a super-speed reader doesn't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston
***************************************************
Alyssa Byler wants
Lori
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sorry I'm so late in sending this one out.
I don't really have a favorite story because
I loved each and every one of these stories and the authors who created them are some of my top favorite!!
Each one has it's own personal charm just like the ladies that wrote them!
This book will sure make you drool and I will just honestly say when it comes to sugar cookie dough I doubt anyone will be getting those because I will have eaten all the dough! I know it sounds horrible but I'
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
These ladies have created beautiful stories! These ladies are truly talented in their writing styles and create gripping stories filled with hope, love, and Christmas fun!

I love all these stories but one of my favorites was Amy Clipston’s Cookies and Cheer. I love the way she creates her characters, and the vivid details she uses to set her story line is awesome! From the start of her story we are taken to the heart of Christmas and a captivating novella that will bring you peace, jo
Vicky Sluiter
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful, heart warming set of Christmas stories. I enjoyed them all. Each story takes place in a bakery, giving them a wonderful theme throughout all four books.

The characters are the kind that, as a reader, you fall in love with. Less than perfect but with hearts to follow God, they feel genuine.

Being set in a bakery, this will really get you in the mood for Christmas as each author describes the wonderful fresh products and the smells that draw you in. I’m ready to bake!
Tina
Sep 04, 2019 is currently reading it
An Amish Christmas Bakery has four wonderful stories about finding love at Christmas, which just happens to be my favorite time of year! The four authors, Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Irvin, do a great job, as always, of keeping you entranced. Each story is delightful and will bring smiles and laughter to you as you read.
In Clipston's story, Cookies and Cheer, Alyssa wants to create a nativity window display at the bakery where she works that is made of Christmas cooki
Connie Saunders
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The four stories in this new book are written by four different authors and even though they are all different, they are all centered around Amish bakeries and they all have the common themes of love, friendship, and the importance of family. I appreciate that there are discussion questions at the end of each novella and I liked that I could choose to read one story at a time, as my schedule allowed. I will admit, however, that I found myself wanting to keep reading because all of them are so go ...more
Meghan
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was so excited to read this book because of the familiarity we have with all of the authors that collaborated in An Amish Christmas Bakery. When reading all of the stories, you can't help but feel like you are transported to all of the bakeries smelling all the delicious desserts baking and fell so warm and cozy ready for the holiday season. Also a
Linda
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four of my favorite authors of Amish Fiction have written a collection of four novellas celebrating the Christmas season with delicious smells and tastes from Amish bakeries. Each story is different written with each author’s unique style and each contains the message of family, love, joy, and hope. I delighted in each story and I think it would be a perfect gift for someone including yourself!
I received a complimentary copy of this book by the Publisher and NetGalley. The opinions are my
Darlene
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved reading all four of these short stories. Each story is based around an Amish bakery during the Christmas season. The stories are all about family helping each other, learning to find forgiveness in your heart and finding love. Wonderful heartwarming Christian Christian book!!
Sally
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How fun I had visiting four different bakeries while I learned how some of the the Amish managed to run them. (A favorite place of mine!) These four novellas are written by four well known authors and all the stories do not disappoint.

In the process of baking cookies and cakes, I enjoyed how they all included a love interest and clean story among friendships and families surrounding the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. After dealing with their problems it was heartwarming to see ho
Leslie M.
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it

This is a charming novella collection, perfect for the upcoming holiday season. (I read this in the middle of summer, and it was a welcome, though brief, reprieve from the summer heat and humidity.) All four authors are well-known in Christian fiction for creating strong characters, charming settings, and heartwarming scenes, and this collection is no exception. All of the stories were wonderfully detailed, and the authors do a great job of making the reader feel a part of t
Deana Dick
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The four stories in this delightful book are set around a bakery. Each story is filled with wonderful characters who experience faith, love, hope and family. Join the authors on a journey during a holiday that brings laughter, joy and unconditional love.

Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston

I loved the excitement Alyssa had as she decides how to decorate the big display window in the bakery. Christmas was coming soon and she wanted a display that would bless everyone. Her idea
Deana
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Merry Christmas, everyone! Okay, I might be a little early, but I guarantee if you read these stories, you will feel like celebrating early!

This book contains four stories: Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston, Loaves of Love by Beth Wiseman, Melting Hearts by Kathleen Fuller and Cakes and Kisses by Kelly Irvin.

In Cookies and Cheer, Alyssa is looking forward to Christmas. Working in a bakery with her sister is very enjoyable for Alyssa and she's excited to be planning another festive window displ
Teresa
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Christmas Bakery is a collection of four stories by Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller and Kelly Irvin. All four stories are set in Amish country and tell delightful Christmas tales of bakeries, love and Christmas!

In Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston we meet Alyssa who's knack for drawing in customers with her creative Christmas displays almost has the bakery overrun with orders. She must figure out a way to not only satisfy her customers but her family and new man
Patricia Bond
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four well know authors have gotten together and written a book with four holiday stories.
Christmas is the time for celebration and the Christmas season is full of love, joy, forgiveness and delicious sweet treats from the kitchen
Amy Clipston tells us the story of Alyssa Byler who wants to build a sugar cookie nativity scene.
Alyssa needs the right cookie cutters,, and she asks Kyle Smoker, a blacksmith, to make the cutters necessary. The display is such a big hit, it brings Alys
Susan Simpson
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful prelude to the holiday season--four heartwarming stories by four bestselling authors of Amish fiction!

You will want to weep and rejoice while reading Cakes and Kisses by Kelly Irvin. Baker Martha Ropp works hard to carry on the work at her mother's bakery, all the while mourning the loss of that special woman. Big, gentle Ambrose Hershberger makes deliveries to the bakery and offers Martha kindness and friendship. Together they work to provide the cakes for the Chris
Christa
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Christmas Bakery is a lovely collection of four novellas written by Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller and Kelly Irvin.
The first novella is Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston. This beautiful story will capture you heart from the very beginning. Alyssa Byler is creative and decides a sugar cookie nativity scene would be perfect in the display widow at the bakery where she works. The owner of the store agrees, so Alyssa decides to set off asking Kyle Smoker, a blacksmith if
E. Espinoza
An Amish Christmas Bakery: Four Stories is a charming novella collection with delightfully festive stories written by authors Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Irvin. Set in four different Amish communities during the Christmas season, this book includes stories in which the ovens of Amish bakeries help to create a warm atmosphere where faith can grow, friendships can be nurtured, and romance can be kindled.
Cleverly woven together through the holiday bakery settings and the
Lucy
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What’s not to love about Christmas, bakeries, romance, and four top notch authors in a great Amish Collection. Each story is well done and complete without seeming rushed.
Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston....I loved that Alyssa was creative in her window display and how she recruited Kyle to help. A great example of how we can lose sight of what’s important in the busyness of the season.
Loaves of Love by Beth Wiseman ...... Impressive storyline and teaches us that honesty can prevent a lot of
Connie Saunders
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Virginia Winfield
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was probably one of my favorite anthologies I have ever read. Each of the four stories in this book were all from some of my favorite Amish fiction writers. Each story was as good as the one before it.
Cookies and Cheer by Amy Clipston was wonderful. Alyssa and Kyle must each remember what the Christmas season truly represents again.
Loaves of Love by Beth Wiseman is the next book and also wonderful. Katie must learn that going a bit modern isn’t always what is best.
Melting
Cathy Cermele
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of the four authors in this collection and I am also a huge fans of bakeries so imagine my happiness when I had this book in my hands. Each of the authors penned sweet stories combining endearing characters with a heartfelt storyline

I wanted a cup of hot chocolate while I read this collection of novellas, each one taking me to communities where I felt warm and relaxed but most importantly I could easily imagine the characters living their daily lives. Lives filled wit
Tiffany Hall
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Christmas Bakery by Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Irvin, really got me in the Christmas spirit with these four beautifully written stories!
As a fan of Amish fiction and Christmas books, I was super excited to get this book in my hands! Each story, while focused on baking and Christmas, told their own unique enjoyable Christmas story. These four stories of hope, love, and family at Christmas time, is one I can see reading again and again.
I received a copy of th
Cherese Akhavein
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Christmas Bakery four stories by Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, KathleenFuller and Kelly
Irvin

Is a great way to not only read wonderful Christmas stories of faith, love and inspiration but to spark your desire to start your Christmas baking and Im sure these stories do just that. Each story is centered somewhat around a bakery and yet it has its own unique spin on this very special season of the birth of our Loving baby Jesus. The true meaning of this great season.
You will be truly insp
Lana Yolanda
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just loved the 4 Christmas story is this book. I wanted to keep reading to see what was going to be baked in each of the bakeries. Each lady in the bakeries had a way to make you feel like you were in there store. I just couldn't pick a favorite of the 4 short stores. Every author has a way of telling a story that makes you feel like you are there. Each one had a uplifting story to tell.
I received a complimentary copy from the author/publisher. The honest review and opinions are my own and were
Hi, I’m Amy Clipston. I am an author of Amish and Christian fiction with HarperCollins Christian Publishing. Most of my books focus on the Amish community, faith, and love. I also write romance novels and young adult inspirational stories.

My books include:

Kauffman Amish Bakery Series
• A Gift of Grace (3/2009)
• A Promise of Hope (3/2010)
• A Place of Peace (2/2011) ...more