Start by marking “Farmhand, Vol. 2: Thorne in the Flesh” as Want to Read:
Farmhand, Vol. 2: Thorne in the Flesh

Farmhand, Vol. 2: Thorne in the Flesh

(Farmhand #6-10)

Jedidiah Jenkins is a simple farmer. But his cash crop isn't corn or soy. He grows fast-healing, highly-customizable human organs.

For years Jed's organic transplants have been a miracle cure. Of course, that was before his former patients began to transform into something not quite human.

As these poor souls come to the Jenkins Farm searching for answers, a dark figure
Published September 17th 2019 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Farmhand, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farmhand, Vol. 2

Start your review of Farmhand, Vol. 2: Thorne in the Flesh
SuperSillySerra
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Creepier than the first.

Farmhand is still going steady with its plot. The first volume feels a little more fast pace but this second volume is definitely spookier! Finding out more about the planets and how they function while the Jenkins family is trying to hold it together. It still has its funny moments which is why I like this series so much, the humor sneaks up on ya. The end/cliff hanger was great and I'm very excited for the next arch!
Aaron
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well-drawn and written story. I look forward to seeing where he goes with the story.
Anna Heidick
Second volume is starting to grow in momentum. I like the interesting concept of this series. I hope we see more of Thorne's side as the story continues.
Chris
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-image
I really like the dynamic in the Jenkins family, it feels so realistic it helps keep the story grounded, it makes me feel like these people were yanked out of a family drama and dumped into this world. And when you have characters being possessed by mind controlling plants you really need that level of realism.

The overall story continues to develop but it really is Zeke and his relationship with his father, sister, wife and kids that I really enjoy.

The artwork is great as usual, so I look
angelofmine1974
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
So yea I'm addicted to this series now. This one was better than the first! So everyone who got a new body part is having weird stuff growing out of them and is turning them violent. Our main characters are trying to hold it together but the ending!! OMG what is going to happen next! And I must say I love the green floaty dog that is helping the son out... so cute! Good story and good illustrations.
Chris Lemmerman
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just when you think you know what Farmhand is trying to be, it turns into something else entirely.

It's a bit of a slow burn, with a lot going on in the background that infers things rather than outright states them, and a few subplots take the backseat in favour of the main characters and their drama, but that doesn't mean it's not compelling as hell.
Shannon
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Individual issue reviews: #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10

Total review score: 2.4
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Rob Guillory’s work sooooo much. CHEW is my favorite series, so I was very excited to get into Farmhand after that. This volume has a bit more story building for the overall concept. Beautiful art.
Leighane
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
the twist! gimme more!
John
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Body horror + great characters + vibrant cartooning = winner.
Andy
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freaky and awesome. Good stuff all around. The story is compelling and coming together. I’m very interested in seeing what’s happening next. Very much so.
Missnöjd Konfirmand
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Moni Barrett
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up. Some confusion about the presence of Gumbo
Devon Munn
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it

Continues to be a oddly intriguing series. And whoa, that twist at the end....what?!?!
Payge Rustad
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very excited to continue this story. The first volume was intriguing, but volume 2 has me hooked.
Drucilla
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Actual rating: 2.5 stars. I feel bad giving this book a low rating, but it's just not keeping my attention. I won't be continuing the series.
Maurice

• Outer Darkness, Vol. 1: Each Other's Throats
  • East of West, Vol. 9
  • Die, Vol. 1: Fantasy Heartbreaker
  • Contronatura, Vol. 2: La caccia
  • Fix the World (Skyward #3)
  • Contronatura, Vol. 3: La rinascita
  • "Okay" (The Wicked + The Divine #9)
  • Monstress, Vol. 4: The Chosen
  • Man-Eaters, Vol. 2
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 3: Hotel Oblivion (The Umbrella Academy, #3)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 11
  • Gideon Falls, Vol. 2: Original Sins
Born, raised and currently based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Rob Guillory is most known for his art on Image Comics' longrunning series CHEW. Written by John Layman, the book has achieved much success, winning two Harvey Awards (including Best New Talent for Guillory) and two Eisner Awards (Best New Series in 2010 and Best Continuing Series in 2011).

Farmhand (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Farmhand #1