Start by marking “The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)

The Man I Need

(Ward Duet #2)

There are things that women want, and things that women need.
I know deep down, with every fiber in my body, that I need Mr. Ward.

He started out as my landscape designer, but became so much more.
Now, my life is on the line while living with the devil himself. I have been torn down and broken, and I don’t think I can take anymore.

The man I need was never the one I marr
306 pages
Published June 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Man I Need, please sign up.

Start your review of The Man I Need (Ward Duet, #2)
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Shanora Williams gave us the one thing that we were craving. Answers and retribution to what we wanted and we knew that was going to feel right because after the ending in the Man I Can’t have, we needed it more than anything!!!

If you’ve read the first book, then you know about the shocking cliffhanger and that was something that we didn’t see coming. It was unexpected and quite frankly brutal in a lot of ways. I had so many questions swirling in my mind but the one thing that I can hon
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars.

This book is a great conclusion to this duet. At the end of book 1 we were left with many questions but I am happy to say we get all the answers in this one. This story deals with some heavy subjects that can be a trigger for some (domestic violence and cheating) so at times it was hard to read, but it was necessary to understand Gabby and her past. I am more in awe of Gabby after this book, she's so strong and no pushover. Marcel is amazing in this story! He's so supportive and lovin
NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: Aargh! I had a bad feeling this would happen, and it did! ...Putting a spoiler tag for those that don't want the possibility of it being ruined: (view spoiler)
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“Not once have you ruined my life since you walked into it. You have bettered me in so many ways.”

After diving head-first into the The Man I Can’t Have (Wards Duet #1), I waited with baited-breath to be fully immersed into the conclusion of this stunning duet, The Man I Need. And I can tell you right now that I could not have loved it anymore. It was the perfect mix of slow burning romance, forbidden love and gut-wrenching emotion. One of the things I was most looking forward to whil
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ⭐'s

After the crazy ending of the first book, I was thrilled to get right down to this one and thankfully, some answers come right away.

Unfortunately, Gabby is fairly stereotypical in her feelings and reactions. And even worse, she gets the push she needed.

This leads to a lot of drama which overall was fine but greatly took away from the romance. Events felt bogged down and dragged on for far too long.

After matters are handled, we get back to the good times. I think things were concluded
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 13, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Incredible! Shanora Williams blew this duet out of the park. It's a slow burn, emotional, forbidden, and breathtaking read! I wasn't sure where Shanora was going to take this book after the way it ended in The Man I Want, but she did it JUSTICE! I am thrilled with how everything turned out. If you haven't had the chance to read the first book in the duet, now is the time! You can read it for free in kindle unlimi
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an empowering story, imparting strength in every chapter. It's such a relevant subject, it needs to be read by every woman who has suffered abuse or knows a victim. I could feel my spine tingle at Gabrielle's ordeal and her endurance. I loved the fact that shanora didn't make her spineless pushover but gave her mettle. I love kick Ass heroines.

description

"I know one thing for a fact now: I fell for a madman. He dove in, learned everything about me, and used it against me."
Marcel is such an amazing
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
When I finished the first book - I waited like crazy for the sequel... After the way it ended, I didn't know what to expect, but... WOW, It was the perfect ending for a perfect duet!!! 👏👑❤
Photo-Grid-1560080611691-01
📚 "Maybe we aren’t meant for each other, but were placed in each other’s lives as a means to save one another." 📚

I wrote in my review for the first book that the plot develops slowly - but this one started with a big BANG!!! 💥💥💥
I was so surprised that I went back to the first book to look for all the signs
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
WOW!! What an epic and moving ending to Marcel and Gabby's story and as much as I love Marcel, I completely fell even harder for Gabby because of the journey she took and the things she had to overcome.

This is raw, gripping, emotional and completely consuming. The way Shanora details and lays out our heroines experience is both brave and hard to read at times.

I knew The Man I Need would be a captivating read and Shanora did not disappoint. Prepare yourself for a passionate, touching, heartbrea
Lydia's Romance
3 Stars = "I liked it" (according to Goodreads)

Content Warning: Book 2 contains graphic situations related to abuse and sexual assault. Discretion advised.

My thoughts?
It started out strong but it eventually fizzled out for me. Still, it was enjoyable enough. Unlike in book 1, I completely warmed up to Marcel here. I think he was perfect in book 2. He did everything in his power to protect Gabby from her abusive husband. Marcel proved that he was a good man with a heart of gold (albeit not witho
The Book Bee
May 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
NOW I NEED THIS BOOK DESPERATELY BAD AND THE WAIT MIGHT KILL ME.

I finished my first book by Shanora and now I'm going to patiently wait for this next one, but that ending gave me wide eyes!! Seriously.....holy crap.

THE MAN I CAN'T HAVE is LIVE: https://amzn.to/2LzsX78
(Amazon Affiliate Link)
Laura Lee
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
After throwing my kindle at the ending to The Man I Can’t Have (#1), I’ve had time to regroup and exhale. Cliffies, I tell ya!!

I absolutely fell in love with Mr. Ward. He is a man who never questions the baggage he is taking on with getting involved with a married woman. Now that we find out how many bags are weighing Gabby down, Marcel never waivers from his determination to help.

Tough at times to read? Absolutely! This author has brought to the table some real life happenings. With that though
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Good but I didn't enjoy as much as book 1..
Chelsea
5 Stars!!!

Stunning conclusion to this wonderful duet that captivates my attention from start to finish.

I cannot write how I was mesmerized by the characters in this story. Add to that is the complexity of the situation, the forbidden aspect and the attraction that makes this a very interesting read on my part that had reading till the wee hours in the morning.

I love that this story doesn't evolve only in the lust area but also on the emotional part to create a well developed characters.

If che
Na
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful touching conclusion! I loved how the heroine grew some backbone, learning to stand up for herself. I loved how supportive everyone around her were, how understanding. And I definitely loved how Marcel showed her how it feels to be really loved and cared for!
Everything was weaved in smoothly and had a perfect comb of everything. Yes, it has some rough scenes you wish you didn't have to read, and my stomach still turns thinking about them. However, overall this book hopefully encourages
Donna
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Triggers

Sensitive subjects await in this ending of Gabby and Marcel. Very well written with a fabulous outcome/ending. Marcel is as hot as ever and Gabby has finally found true love. Highly recommend.
Shyralf
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 Stars! Great conclusion to this forbidden tale. Bring on all the forbidden books. I likey!
KC Caron (Aprhodites Reading Alphas)
Whoa! Shanora Williams leaves it all on the page in The Man I Need.

Readers and writers toss around monikers all the time, but Williams straight up EARNS the ‘Queen of Angst’ with this real, raw concluding follow up to the tour-de-force wind up, The Man I Can’t Have.

If I were to choose a message for this story—and there has to be a positive one to pull from the ugly gut-wrenching turns Gabby’s life takes—it’s that there is a romance within you. There is a mystery to how the human heart can surv
Lily Rose
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
After finishing the first book I was SO looking forward to this book.
I liked it but honestly I liked the first one more. Sometimes I've felt like the love story was not a central element but it was more about Gabby and taking her life back.
The aspect of (view spoiler)
Love the epilogue and the bonus scene you can download at the end.

What I find absolutely unnecessary and honestly pointless was (view spoiler)
Meghana Sarathy
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings towards this book and the series as a whole. This was certainly not a bad book but there no 'novelty' factor to it and it was straightforward and smooth? It was too predictable that took away bits of the reading fun and there was lack of some serious drama. The content and the story had a lot of potential and if the author had wished she could definitely have pressed more buttons and crossed the limits more maybe and upped the stakes? But the lack of that somehow made the b ...more
Lisa
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well that was an enlightening prologue.
Then we get into it. Lots of f-bombs thrown everywhere by everyone. The relationship between Kyle and Gabby open like a repugnant can of worms. Nothing was what it seems and we get front row seat at all the players involved pulling the strings. This was truly heartbreaking and Gabby is such a strong and brave woman.

From the cliffhanger, I’d expected that we would deal with something heavy and tragic, however I was not expecting this level of brutality. My
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
This duet broke my heart and managed to get put back together in the end.

Gabby and Marcel's story wasn't an easy journey and they had many hurdles to overcome in order to get their HEA.

The things that Gabby went through were not easy and when she finds out how it all came to fruition, she wasn't a very happy person. She was mad, sad and disappointed, but most of all she had to learn how to deal with what she was going through in her marriage.

It took her some convincing and finally see the light
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shanora Williams delivered such a great emotional duet! I totally recommend reading this duet, read book one first! Emotional✔️ forbidden✔️ angsty✔️ great romance✔️ I loved this duet so much. Marcel and Gabby were absolutely amazing characters. Gabby was so strong, a loving character and her story was such a page turner. Reading this story I really felt for Gabby’s character, because no one deserves what she went through. It made her love story with Marcel even more perfect, because she deserved ...more
menna hafez
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
t’s true. I love Gabby so much more than I ever could have imagined. I have never fallen for a woman like this before, so hard and so fast. She is my world, and to know she’s about to carry my baby changes everything. This woman will become my true queen. She will have everything…which leads me to thinking that maybe it’s not too soon for what I was originally planning to do today.💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

OMG this book is amazing, I really loved it
This novel is reminded me of Turkish series called ( Tell Them
Kim Whitehead
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What a fantastic read!! I was angry and frustrated!! I found myself cheering and smiling! Then after all the chaos and heartache, happiness ensued!!
Born To Read
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second book in Gabbi's story. Her difficult struggle to be free.
I liked the first book more. Probably because it was kind of shocking. In this one, the pace is slower.
I can't really tell y experience, thank God, but I think the story is told in a very realistic way. These stories are necessary to make more people aware of situations like this.
Kristi
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
"Every single thing outside of this moment is meaningless. The bruise on my face means nothing. The pain I felt mere days ago? That’s gone. Why? Because he’s erasing that pain. He’s taking it all away."

Love can be complicated. Love can be a mess. Love can be bring all kinds of issues. It can turn nasty sometimes. It can turn hurtful. It can bleed. With all the hurt and pain, love can blossom beautifully. Love can heal all wounds. Love can mend a broken heart. Love shelters you. Love always and i
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Man I Need is book two in the Ward Duet and what an epic conclusion it was. It starts off where book one ended and threw me right back into an intense plot. In book two, Gabby is trying to get away from her controlling husband. Things are not easy for her and she goes through some pretty hard situations in book two. She wants to be with the man she truly loves, Marcel Ward.

As much as I want to dive into this plot and write a damn report on everything that happens, I believe you need to start
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
I loved this book.

It is a very hard book to read because of the subject but so worth it I put it down a couple of times and walk away as I wanted to kill a certain character, YOU NEED TO READ BOOK 1 first to know Gabby's story, Her story isn't an easy one to read but it is worth the rollercoaster ride I have been through while reading.

I not going give any spoilers but I highly recommend this duet it is a great read. Very well written and such a good story to tell.

BEST DUET FOR 2019 FOR ME
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Truth about Tomorrow
  • Dreams of 18
  • The Truth about Heartbreak
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
  • Love Unexpected
  • Like Father Like Son (Father/Son Duet #1)
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Choosing You (Pierced Hearts Duet, #2)
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • California Dreamin'
  • Entice
  • Dirty Little Secret
  • The Younger Man
  • Burnout
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • One Shameless Night (West Sisters #2)
Shanora Williams is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty romance and diverse suspense novels.
She currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the mother of three amazing boys, has a fiercely devoted and supportive husband, and is a sister to eleven.
When she isn’t writing, she’s spending time with her family, binge reading, or running marathons on TV streaming ser

Ward Duet (2 books)
  • The Man I Can't Have (Ward Duet, #1)

News & Interviews