Start by marking “My Random Death” as Want to Read:

My Random Death

In this riveting, true crime story with a mystical twist, author Myra Mossman shares what she previously kept hidden from law enforcement about the violent crime and her experience with death. To the police it appeared to be a random event. It just happened. She didn’t know the guy. He didn’t know her. Less than an hour after the attack, Myra received five divine directive ...more
Published June 1st 2019 by Insight Institute Press

To ask other readers questions about My Random Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Random Death

Start your review of My Random Death
Ruthy lavin
May 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Higgledy piggledy and way too thready for me to finish.
A misleading synopsis reeled me in and I was very excited to read this initially, I’m a huge fan of true crime books, especially biographical accounts, but this book is less true crime more mystical nonsense.
Not a recommendation from me.
Sheryl
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Random Death was a compelling read from start to finish. I couldn't put this book down and read it over the course of a weekend. It's well written, authentic and empowering to anyone who has ever been a victim of a crime.

One has to wonder what path Myra's life would have taken had she not been left for dead. She had all the ingredients for a rather 'normal' and possibly mundane life, based on her middle class upbringing in Windsor, Ontario. But, the course of her life was forever
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Random Death by Myra Mossman certainly caught me by surprise. As I was reading the blurb about the book I was red to read more about the writers journey and her experiences with life and spirituality. As I have never been a victim of a real true crime, it is hard for me to fully understand what the emotional roller coaster someone who has experienced it goes through. Until, I read this book. The author does a great job holding your interest in each and every chapter throughout the book which, ...more
Maureen Mahan
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Myra Mossman’s first book My Random Death is a page turner. The memoir reveals how a horrific experience becomes the catalyst for her to take control of her life in extraordinary ways. With insightful reflections Myra provides us with personal details that we are not often privy to. For me it is an inside look at the life of the girl next door, an understanding I never expected to have.
We are fortunate that Myra has written her story. What she has shared opens up an alternate perspective on the
Betty Moon
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Random Death by Myra Mossman. I could not put this book down. I was most engaged and found the writer to be so in detail and descriptive that I wanted to finish reading without stopping. This was possibly the most engaging story and I found the writer to be so detailed about what she went through that I felt like I myself was going through it with her. This is possibly the most detailed and engaging biographical narrative I have ever submerged myself in. Beautifully written and a must read!
Gail Kearns
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Memoir is my favorite genre, and I thoroughly enjoyed Myra Mossman's memoir. Her journey to her random death and her "afterlife," she survived and wrote to tell about it, was fascinating. I was especially intrigued by the meaningful coincidences she described in the book, as they led her down her life's path. It's a good reminder to stay open and pay attention to those moments in our lives that we might ordinarily regard as mere coincidences. But nothing happens without a reason in Myra's story, ...more
Linda Norton
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it

I met Myra and her twin sister Marla in Grade 6 when I first moved to Windsor in 1966 – an awkward age and an awkward time to try and fit into new surroundings. The sisters befriended me and their friendship impacted me during my impressionable pre-teen years. Reading Myra’s incredible journey through my dual lens of an adolescent and now as a “seasoned” adult was compelling. I read the entire book in two days – I couldn’t put it down!
Her reflections on life’s signals and how she followed
J
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story. From a small industrial city in Ontario, Canada to the Supreme Court of the United States. From hitchhiking across a continent to performing the meticulous work of a master restoration artist. From dealing with the pain necessary to earn a Black Belt to the serenity achieved through intense meditation.

These are some of experiences shared in this memoir. But as its title says, they are not Random. They are an outgrowth of a violent day and a life spent in learning fr
Tara Wallach
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Myra uses great imagery in her writing. While reading I felt like I traveled back in time and vividly could see the scenes of Detroit, Windsor, Calgary, her martial arts training, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed reading her story and getting to know her more. There were so many times I could relate to how she was feeling and the decisions she made in those moments. She reminded me that our own intuition is our most precious gift to ourselves and that it needs to be trusted.
Marla
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like reading a book that takes me on an adventure and teaches me things I do not know. My Random Death does this and more. It's a real page-turner of a story about a horrible event and how Myra overcame being a victim of a violent crime to achieve her greatest dreams.
She teaches us to look beyond the surface, to make sense of the silent, inner impulses that inform us and gives new meaning to coincidences.
I highly recommend - a must read.
C Lucas
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

My Random Death

Through vivid literary illustration the author Myra Mossman transcends the reader through a brilliant depiction of her spiritual voyage in search of her masterful authentic self.
Driven by the haunting whisperings of a spiritual message she is compelled to redirect her life to follow each intricate step instructed by the Divine.

Cynthia Lucas
Betty Moon
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. It was so engaging. I highly recommend it if you like biographical stories that are riveting and true.
Liz French
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Myra, for sharing your story! Your book is a gift of hope and proves that lives can be transformed by trusting one's own intuition with an open and inquisitive mind. When we met, you were already a lawyer, setting precedents in law, standing up for what’s right and championing others. The more I got to know you, I learned about your inner strength and faith and now with reading your memoir, your story is even more fascinating!!!
Kimberly
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of those stories that is hard to believe but is a true story. It shows how a Divine Power can often step in at the most devastating of times and demand that changes are made in one’s life.
Edmcan
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I finished this fascinating book, I realized that the title was ironic. I found Myra to be a gifted, natural storyteller, weaving a skein of events into a fabulous tapestry of a life. What a varied and well-travelled life it is, from her 'random' death to her ultimate success over diversity. As she travels her seemingly random roads, Myra learns that she can not only survive, but overcomes the evil that has haunted her. Ultimately, it is a success story of someone who took life on it's own ...more
Christopher Fry
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a friend of Myra's I cannot say with certainty that my review would be impartial. I enjoyed the book, it is a well-written page-turner documenting a horrific incident followed by a very successful rebirth. Myra has triumphed in many fields, and it seems writing is another. Bravo!
Amanda Tipper
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Annabel Dickerson
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Unfortunately this book wasn't for me. Although the half I did read was well written, i just couldn't carry on reading.
There was nothing wrong with the book just that it's not my usual type.
Margot
May 23, 2019
Katarina
Mar 15, 2019
Kristin
Mar 20, 2019
Myra Mossman
Mar 20, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Monique Lourens