Start by marking “Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)” as Want to Read:
Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)

Family Camp

(Daddy Dearest #1)

When Geo signs up for Family Camp, he envisions nature hikes, s’mores, and a chance to win over his recalcitrant new foster kids, Jayden and Lucy. He’s tried to become a dad for so long, and he hopes the three of them can be the family he’s always wanted. What he doesn’t anticipate is the prickly and gorgeous camp counselor who constantly comes to his rescue.

Travis spends
ebook
Published March 28th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Family Camp, please sign up.
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~ No idea. Upside Down by N.R. Walker has gone MIA too. Possibly a glitch by Amazon.

Edit: Actually, the link on her site works fine. Not sure what's…more

Edit: Actually, the link on her site works fine. Not sure what's going on with Amazon's search engine:

Edit 2: And Upside Down is back. So it was definitely a glitch and seems to be fixed now. :D(less)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

When Eli Easton, one of my FAVE M/M authors EVER, announced she was writing a series about gay dads, I was ... skeptical.

Because. KIDS.

Disclaimer: I have kids.

And since I got 'em in real life, I don't really want them in my books.

But lo and behold, I freakin' loved the hell out of this story. It's CUTE. It's FUNNY. It's SEXY. It's HAPPY. It's all the FEELS.

Geo I loved from the get-go. He's trying so hard to be a good dad to his new foster kids: Lucy, who is tiny for her age and barely
☆ Todd
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it

I love books with kids and this one was packed to the gills with semi-sappy goodness.

When I first saw the "Daddy Dearest" series title, I was all nope, nope, nopity NOPE, because... N-O-P-E!

However, after I was assured by my pal Cadiva that she'd found no adult references to "daddy", I immediately reached out for an ARC of the book. : )

As the story began, 32 y.o. middle school teacher Geo, had gotten custody of two foster kids only six weeks prior, with the kids still being very distant and dis
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

I adored Family Camp by one of my favorite authors, Eli Easton, so much. I was in a bit of a book funk and I needed a winner and Eli Easton gave that to me on a silver platter.

It just so happens that I'm going to a family camp with my clan in a few weeks for spring break, so the timing on this book was perfection. Though I'm hoping my camp doesn't have as much "wake up at 7 am and do calisthenics..."

This story is classic Eli Easton, and it gave me all the right feels. Family Camp is
Shin Mon Thway
Awwwww ... and awwwwwwwwwwwwww .. and awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 😍😍😍 Damn, all the good feels in the world. 🥰 Eli Easton has been one of my favorite authors since my very first book of hers and there’s definitely a legit reason for that. She writes one of the best feel- good, heart-warming, all the tingly feels stories. 👏 And “Family Camp” definitely isn’t an exception, it was sweet, warm, romantic and invokes all the right feels in you. 😊 You can’t help but falling in love with both MCs and their misfi ...more
Wendy
4,5

I am a huge Eli Easton fan, and so I have read and loved plenty of her books, with  Five Dares,  being my favorite so far. Now I may be one of the few people who actually does enjoy reading about kids in my romance books. Most of the time the little brats are funny as hell and they are wonderful tension breakers 9f01372377900d9203bc4efe48eb1659So yeah, saying I was excited about this one, is putting it mildly.

so excited gif - Google zoeken

I can gladly say that I was not disappointed !! This book was awesome...as were the kids fcc37b1805a49c13a3f7d3d50b64ed47 What made it even more fun
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
4.5

When Eli Easton is on she's tough to beat when it comes to feel good reads, I tell ya. SPOILER ALERT: Family Camp is packed to the rafters with good feels.

I normally shy away from reads with kids but the lure of a grumpy pro baseball player was too great to resist and I'm glad I didn't because Family Camp is FUN! Jay and Luce are integral to this story and enrich it in so many ways. They also read like kids who've had a rough go in the tender young lives, kids you root for and hope they fin
Cadiva
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is just pure Eli Easton - chock full of all the feels with a deep and abiding sense of family and love.

It's also really funny, totally sweet, sneakily steamy and will warm any cold heart with its wonderful pairing and their romance.

I love reading about found families, I love sports romances, I love seeing that instant zap of attraction begin to burn brighter and solidify into an unbreakable link that inky grows stronger the more it's weathered.

Great characters, great setting, great rom
Dia
4,5 stars - I really liked this sweet story!

It's the first book in this new series Daddy Dearest by Eli Easton.
I haven't read many books by this author, but I absolutely loved those I've read: The Mating of Michael, A Second Harvest and Five Dares.

I really enjoy Eli Easton's writing style, so I've decided to try this one too. And I am so glad I did. This book was super sweet, but it also punched me in the feels!!!

I can't say I am a big fan of kids in my romance books, but here I really love
Ami
I've been having a bit of a book rut for a month -- I liked some of those I read but not loved it enough. Which is why I was grateful for Eli Easton's Family Camp , because it put a huge satisfactory smile to my face after I finished.

I LOVED Geo from the get go -- how could I not?!? The moment he appeared on my Kindle screen, trying to soothe his foster daughter throwing tantrum from losing her doll as well as connecting to a moody teenager, without losing any ounce of positivity, Geo stole my
BWT (Belen)
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it! It started off a bit shakily with a misunderstanding, but luckily that gets cleared up quickly. I loved Geo and Travis and all the supporting characters, and that ending? *swoons*

Dual POV, light angst, romance with some humor and a very happy ending. Recommended.

4.5 Stars
Kaje Harper
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fairly light, sweet story about Geo, a gay teacher who finally has his chance at a family with two foster kids he's hoping to adopt. And Travis, a professional baseball player who's deeply in the closet and close to the end of his career, who works at the camp Geo is taking his kids to. There are a few moments of poignancy, particularly with the older boy whose defensiveness after years in the system rings a bell with Travis (also once a foster kid) and with me as a reader. I appreciat ...more
Sheri
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“For now…” Two little words that held significant force both times they were uttered. It’s interesting how much power words have and how drastically they can be construed….or misinterpreted. Tone and inflection can shape their meaning and intention. I loved how Easton brought Geo and Travis full circle and sealed the deal with these two words. When Travis first encountered Geo, stranded on the roadside with the kids, he was drawn to him, that is until his comment about the status of the kids. ...more
David Alexander
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easton
~4.5 Stars

description

When I started reading Family Camp by the amazingly talented Eli Easton I never thought I could smile so damn much. I was smiling whether the story was about Geo bonding with his two kids, Jayden & Lucy or about Travis trying, unsuccessfully, to stay away from Geo. Eli Easton did such an amazing job writing Family Camp and I can't wait to continue reading this series about single dads.

**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**
.Lili.
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ofy

Family Camp by Eli Easton,is so sweet it gave me cavities.

After years of trying to become a dad, Geo has finally been approved to foster two children: Little Lucy and Tween Jayden. He figures what better way to spend some time together than to head off to family camp. While things got off to a bumpy ride on the road, they finally make it with the help of a hunky rescuer who happens to be one of the camp counselors AND a professional baseball player.

Lost of things I enjoyed about this story:

-Lu
Karen
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 campy stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR.

It's a little early to start the summer reading but...

Some things should just not be left to the last minute and a new Eli Easton story is definitely on that list.

I enjoy this authors books anytime, but I think I was just really in the mood for a story like this when I read it because this one just left me feeling all warm and mushy and pretty much like a melted puddle of summer lovin' goo.

I'm not even sure where to begin with
Michael S.
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
A very fun, flirty read with a heartwarming context and sexy, sweet men. It's not my absolute favorite Eli Easton (maybe the pace of the romance was a bit strong and quick for my liking, and Geo isn't QUITE as funny as everyone in the book thinks he is), but she is in great form as usual with her setting and supporting cast.

Few M/M authors I read paint the scenery as well as she does; it takes her just a few artful brush strokes to bring to life characters we care about. Easton is much more abo
~nikki the recovering book addict
Wow!!

This is definitely one of the best books I’ve read this year!

I saw a review in passing and I need to go back and thank that reviewer because they said the blurb didn’t do it justice and that it was so much more than just “family camp” and honestly, after I saw that, I decided to give it a read, but still not quite convinced I’d be wowed by it. I was so WRONG!

So to this awesome reviewer, imma find you and imma thank the hell out of you because without your review, I might have let the book s
annob
I liked the premise of this story; a single dad with kids unexpectedly meets someone during a week of family camping.

It started good with an abrupt twist—an innocent misunderstanding threatening to ruin everything before things even got off the ground. Later, about mid point in the story, I was absolutely in awe of the wonderful scene between pro athlete Travis, and kid in foster care Jayden. Such a beautiful open hearted talk they had—Eli Easton at her best.

The other parts of this family orie
Ky
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2019
*4.5 stars*

I typically don't like stories that have a small time frame but Eli Easton managed to make this book an exception.

Family Camp takes place mainly over a week - except for the last few chapters - and at first the MCs know nothing about each other. The story takes two perfect strangers and gives back a committed couple without leaving the reader feeling rushed.

Geo is a new foster parent to two kids down on their luck, twelve-year-old Jayden and five-year old Lucy. Jayden is mad at the wo
Jennifer☠Pher☠
So, this was cute. I didn’t love it. To me it felt like one of those books where it was more opportunity and circumstance than a real meet and fall in love. I never really got the connection between the two of them.

I am unsure about the Foster kids part too. Six weeks doesn’t seem very long at all and I could completely see these two kids not seeing Geo as their Dad yet. Especially, Jayden. I mean, at twelve I would think it would be almost impossible to get through some of his walls and six wee
haletostilinski
This was so great, so much better than I was expecting. I loved this from the very first page. I loved Geo and Travis, the two MC's, and I loved the kids, Jayden and Lucy and I loved the secondary characters of Travis' family and the friends Geo makes at the camp.

This was so engrossing and fun to read. I loved the relationship dynamics and how it all worked and how they all differed, how Travis started to fit into Geo's little family with Lucy and Jayden, and how they started to fall for each ot
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
No Rating.

I left this story in somewhere in the middle of chapter 3.

Sorry, I tried. But, I can not get past chapter 3. I do not like the characters. I do not like the things they do. I do not like the way this book started off. I feel like I will hear that ear piercing banshee cry every time I look at this cover. The dangers of Geo’s parenting will most likely haunt me; the rest stop scene *shivers* I love Eli Easton , but, this book was not for me.
Rachel
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely book, totally gave me the warm and fuzzies. Def recommended reading, especially if you need a pick me up <3
Elsa Bravante
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Un libro que cumple absolutamente lo que vende, una historia de amor dulce con familia y niños. Un campamento de verano, un deportista, un padre reciente... Pues lo que os decía, pura dulzura. Muy entretenido, me ha hecho pasar un rato de lo más agradable, no para todo el mundo, pero sí muy recomendable si os apetece este tipo de libro.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
As usually happens with an Eli Easton book, this one rocketed me to my feel-good place and kept me there throughout the story.

Geo is a new dad, with two foster kids--a young teen boy who acts out in fear of rejection and a preschool girl who spent her early years in neglect and keeps herself entertained with her dolls. Geo is a wonderful character with a terrific sense of humor and lots of worries about whether he's going to do the right thing for the kids, whom he plans to adopt. In an effort
Manfred
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have yet to find an Eli Easton story I don`t love.
Her writing style, her main and side characters, her plots, she really does an amazing job!
With "Family Camp" she did it again, the story was wonderful and such a joy to read.
Geo is a believable foster dad, he cares about his 2 "new" kids Jayden and Lucy, as a teacher he knows what he is doing, but of course, having kids of your own is different and so, of course, he also struggles.
Travis is a lovable guy, he is a pro baseball player, who spend
JenMcJ
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
The very beginning of this book paints Geo in such an unflattering light that I almost didn't get past the first chapter*. I'm glad I pushed through but it still had way too much instalove for me. This is the kind of book that has a lot of damaged people that solves or glosses over the damage quickly because of perfect actions by virtual strangers that makes everything magically easier, too. It didn't help that the sex scenes did not turn up the steam very much. Pure romantic fantasy that I'm he ...more
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Almost TOO cute

I generally enjoy Easton's books, and yeah, I enjoyed this one...but. It's just...a wee bit corny. Okay, it's a LOT corny. And it kinda felt like character development took a backseat to all the extreme cheesiness. Travis and Geo were cute, but that's kind of all they were, and I didn't really sense a connection between them beyond what Easton was forcing me to see. Geo's interactions with his foster son, Jayden, were downright cringey at times. A 32 year old man calling his 12 ye
Zuzu
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
I’m not one to get too emotional when I read but that epilogue brought tears to my eyes.

This was such a sweet story. I can’t wait for more books in this series if this is a precursor. I don’t usually care for closeted MC’s but this was handled perfectly.
Serena Yates
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, read-2019
“So far the day had been a can of crap served steaming hot with a sauce of fuck-my-life.” – Geo, Family Camp

This is such an awesome book – if you like a struggling new dad who has worked long and hard to have a family, two adorable foster kids who have trouble believing their luck is real, an irritable camp counselor who is also a closeted minor baseball celebrity, and all the family fun you can imagine anyone having at summer camp. Oh, and there is also a sweet, occasionally steamy, and definit
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto