Start by marking “Holding Out (Returning Home, #4)” as Want to Read:
Holding Out (Returning Home, #4)

Holding Out

(Returning Home #4)

She’s done being a virgin. He’s willing to help her out. Only now he has a problem of his own: He can’t stop wanting more.

The answer has to be no, of course. No way Griff Ambrose is going to help Becca Drake lose her virginity. Not only is she his friend’s little sister, but Griff doesn’t do commitment—not since the day he came home from war to find his house empty and hi
Expected publication: May 21st 2019 by Jelsba Media Group

To ask other readers questions about Holding Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holding Out

Claire Robinson
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "Amazing... Every time." Stars!

The fourth book in Serena Bell’s Returning Home series gives us Griff and Becca’s story. Holding Out initially starts with a couple who originally agree on one night together for a specific reason, in that Becca wishes to lose her virginity.

"If you hire Griff Ambrose for a job, he’s going to do it right."

Griff having been burned by love previously is happy to take up the challenge as long as Becca understands it will be a strictly ‘one and done’ deal.

"The firs
AJ
4 stars!

I loved this book. A friends-to-friends-with-benefits-to-lovers romance that is fun, sweet and heartfelt with fantastic characters and a sexy and emotional love story, I was completely hooked!

This is book #4 in the Returning Home series, but you can read this as a standalone. The characters from previous books all appear as the main group of friends, but you don’t have to have read their stories to enjoy this one.

Becca is the younger sister of Alia from book #2, Can't Hold Back. She had
Timitra
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I simply adored Holding Out. It was sweet and sexy. I especially loved the way the things started between Griff and Becca and how their relationship progressed. I also loved their journeys individually and collectively. I definitely recommend this book and series.

Copy provided by author
UltraMeital
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

While I LOVED the previous installments in the series, this one just wasn't for me. First of it felt VERY different from the previous ones, the issues it deals with and mostly the WAY it is dealt with. For me the main problem with this book was the amount of sex, sex talk and constant thoughts about sex. If I could I would have deleted round 90% of that and THEN this book would have been GREAT. I just felt like instead of DEALING with anything really, they turn to sex as a sort of escap
Fedora
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holding Out is the fourth in Serena Bell's Returning Home series, about veterans returning to civilian life after service. It's about Griffin Ambrose and Becca Drake. Becca's sister Alia is married to Nate (the focus of Can't Hold Back, the second in this incredible series), who works with Griff at R&R, a retreat focused on serving veterans and providing care and services to help them heal and reintegrate.

Griff's been deeply wounded by the devastation of his wife leaving him while he was ov
Heather andrews
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Griff, just needs to hurry his woman along at times, “I think we should probably go to dinner. Right now. The sooner we eat, the sooner we can have dessert.” Becca needs to make her man work for things at times, “hey,” Becca said. “Eyes up. Groveling before ogling.” I liked this book, I loved Griff.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a painful divorce Griffin Ambrose has turned himself into somewhat of a ladies man, the kind that doesn't do attachments and can only promise one night of fun... the emotionally unavailable kind of man. The last time he put his whole heart into a relationship it wound up shattered into a million pieces and his girl ended up in the arms of another man. So the idea of opening himself up to love again is a hard no, and keeping someone around long enough to catch feelings is far too dangerous ...more
Sherry Sias
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Griff and Becca's story. Griff is a player, trying to sleep with as many women as he can to forget his ex. Becca is a virgin who wants Griff to help her out. First he declines, then when he agrees, he finds that one time isnt enough for him. They both realize they bring out the best in each other. One snag, his ex shows up. Becca sees them come out of Griffs apartment and hug. Did Becca misread the situation or jump to conclusions? This is my first read of this author and it will not be m ...more
Jaime Reynolds
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A terrific story of two characters, Griff and Becca, finding themselves and finding true love along their journey. She asks for a favor and things do not work out as they plan as feelings begin to develop. This is part of a series but can be read as a stand-alone. I will be reading the others in the series to follow and learn more of the other characters.
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Apr 04, 2019
Leanne Davis
May 07, 2019
Bette Hansen
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a hard one for me to review. While I have loved all the prior books in this series this story just wasn't for me. While I personally didn't care for the story I do think it will appeal to others. So my rating of this book is based on the writing and story structure. It is very well written with an easy pace to the story. The characters, specifically Becca and Griffin, are interesting and developed nicely. Their story is full of emotion. Overall I would recommend this book.
Karen Hoffman
Christina
Eliza
Heidi
Apr 30, 2019
USA Today bestselling author Serena Bell writes contemporary romance with heat, heart, and humor. A former journalist, Serena has always believed that everyone has an amazing story to tell if you listen carefully, and you can often find her scribbling in her tiny garret office, mainlining chocolate and bringing to life the tales in her head.

Serena’s books have earned many honors, including an RT

Returning Home (4 books)
  • Hold on Tight (Returning Home, #1)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • To Have and to Hold (Returning Home, #3)
“I know you don’t want to make a big deal of it. So I’ll just say this. It’s an honor, okay?” 1 likes
“It’s one and done. Just to keep things simple. And clean.”
“Well, yeah,” she repeated. “Don’t flatter yourself, Ambrose.”
That made him laugh. “Oh, honey. Just you wait.”
“Arrogant bastard.”