Start by marking “Deception of the Damned” as Want to Read:
Deception of the Damned

Deception of the Damned

Sleeping Beauty meets Faust in this spellbinding ride through time and magic realms.

An absent-minded dreamer, Hrot feels miserable in his primitive times—so he sells his soul in exchange for a decade in Renaissance Prague. There he dabs in occult studies in a desperate attempt to sneak out of the deal.
Four centuries later, young reporter Jasmin Bierce leaves Alaska for E
Published March 14th 2019

Leanne Pert
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great debut book, well worth a read

Great read, i had a bit of trouble in the transition between part 1 and 2 in the changeover between Hrot and Jasmine, but soon got into the transition. For a a debut novel ill definatly be checking out more of this authors work.
Maria Estrada
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For a first book, this novel is really well crafted. I enjoyed the pacing of the novel and was immediately drawn in by the prologue; the second half was brilliant. The characters were well developed. In fact, Hrot was a bit of a surprise as at first, he didn't have the makings of a hero. Throughout a majority of the novel he was really quite pathetic, despite his intellectual curiosity. His clumsiness was astounding, and it was a wonder he didn't kill himself the first few chapters of the book. ...more
Dimple
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very captivating story!! The way situations has been described by the author takes me to the character’s world! Loved the twists and turns!!
Glad I got this! :)
John Dee
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some friends are worth dying to save, others are dying to kill you. Can a resourceful ping woman survive when Evil befriends her?
Charlotte
Apr 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
*FULL DISCLOSURE* I did NOT finish this book. I made it to chapter 6 before I started to fall asleep. It's no where near bed time, so I'm done with this. Good luck to you.
Lesley
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very rich story that journeys not only across Europe, but across time as well. It is full of twists and turns, taking you to places you never expected. I was up at all hours of the night reading to find out what happens next. It is so masterfully written that I felt as if I was taking the journey along with Hrot. There is so much depth to this story that there could easily be a sequel. Fans of Christopher Marlowe will very much enjoy this author.
P.C. Darkcliff
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Judy Moore
Apr 08, 2019
Dan Mariani
McPhaul M.
Apr 10, 2019
I have been writing fiction ever since I learned my letters, and my first attempt was a short story about a talking dog. After a brief flirtation with sci-fi and adventure, I discovered the world of fantasy and supernatural fiction—and there was no turning back.
Apart from several short stories, I’ve written three novels and a trilogy. My debut, Deception of the Damned, is available on Amazon. The