Start by marking “Love to Hate You” as Want to Read:
Love to Hate You

Love to Hate You

One night can change everything...

Sera is usually a good girl. Well, except for one wild night in the backseat of a stranger's car!

But what happens when that bad boy turns out to be her new boss?

And what happens when he wants more than one night?

Especially as he can be very persuasive...

LOVE FUNNY, ROMANTIC STORIES? YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS LOVE TO HATE YOU.
Published 2018 by Headline Eternal

To ask other readers questions about Love to Hate You, please sign up.
Jo Watson Hi there, You are right- it should have been consistent. As a South African mainly writing for an overseas market, I usually say Dollars, instead of…moreHi there, You are right- it should have been consistent. As a South African mainly writing for an overseas market, I usually say Dollars, instead of Rands, even if the book is set in SA, just because the overseas market doesn't know what a Rand is, really and can't imagine it's value and purchasing power, and Dollar is universally accepted. Also, I usually say miles instead of km's too- again- so the overseas market understands. I think in this case, something just slipped through the editing process in terms of the consistency, however as a rule, I use Americanisms when writing because of who my main market it. (Like traffic light vs Robot) That kind of thing. So glad you liked that is was set in SA though! Thanks for reading JOX(less)

Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
Loved this
loved the characters and the story
honestly i want more of them
Snow
LOVED it.

even though, this story has the same pattern of a "forbidden romance" as these types of stories tend to have, BUT here the "seriousness" of the starter trope is vowen with such a liberating humor and comedy of situation - where a heroine aka Sera De La Haye has a mind-blowing hawt carnal sex, in a back seat of a car, a one-night stand to remember, a one-night stand she can afford cause her life is a mess and she's dealing with the aftermaths of an abusive family member, while she'
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
2 / 5 stars

I did not get the appeal of this book, there was nothing original about it, the main characters were rather annoying and the plot completely predictable. What truly ruined the book for me was the epilogue—it didn't have any flow with the book and was uncomfortable. Nothing was explained or expanded on, and there were weird things that didn't match up like the main character talking about her "new best friend", who also happened to be the old co-workers who cornered her in the bathroom
Becky
This book is exactly what I have always wanted! It’s my favourite kind of book with every single element I adore and thoroughly enjoy. This is my go-to genre, and typically the genre I can always rely on. I was a little, tiny bit worried when I started reading this one because I adored the synopsis and I didn’t want to be disappointed (which is a common feeling when we read new books, right?) but I absolutely fell in love with it. The characters, the plot, everything. It was a brilliant read wit ...more
Beth
Thank you NetGalley for providing an arc in exchange for an honest review.

4 Stars!

You know when you go into something not really knowing too much about it, and it completely blows you away by how much you enjoy it? This is the book that did this for me, it has so much going on some parts were hilarious where I was laughing out loud and other moments were so touching it couldn’t not break my heart. I’m a sucker for this kind of book, I couldn’t tell you why… but I just enjoy it so much!

We start o
preoccupiedbybooks
SyaSya Syed Nasir
I forgot how much I rate it last time. But, for now, I rate this 5 stars. Definitely a 5 stats rating, babe! 😉
SyaSya Syed Nasir
Oh, the story is so so good! When was the last time I actually enjoy my reading? Can't wait for my one week school holiday. 😊
Marjolein
Gosh, this was super trashy and SO predictable. Plus, the love interest was kind of stalkerish, but I still liked it. What can I say? I'm trash for trash. Whoops.
Hannah
I enjoyed the second half much more than the first. The first dragged a little for me but i was persistent and once into the second I wanted to know what happened badly.

Ben White is Sera's new boss but she has a bigger problem he was her one night stand and he wants more than one night. He's also very persistent.

Ben is so protective of her and it's so cute how he loved her from first sight. He seems a very real character who has made mistakes but can admit them. What i like is he's not perfect
Maria
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars*

This one was absorbing, delightful, a good summer read with the right dose of angst and slow-burn romance that I would recommend! Also the beautiful family relationship doesn't go unnoticed as it was the main element of the story that I loved along with the trusting and honest romantic one between the two protagonists. It definitely plastered a smile on my face and amused me from beginning to end.
A_Ryan
DNF @20%

Nothing new here. A funny, well written romantic comedy that I would have LOVED a few years ago, when I first came across this genre... but...

the characters just didn't click for me this time. I couldn't decide if Ben's cocky attitude was endearing or too ridiculous to be convincing. Sera was neurotic at best and incredibly immature when under pressure.

Jo Watson delivers a scene very well and Im sure the pacing of her comedy will delight readers who are looking for a light and predictab
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have managed to read Love To Hate You at just the right point in my life, where I couldn't work out what I was really in the mood to read but knew I needed to get lost in a story.

Well I got utterly hooked on Sera and Ben, to the extent that I am 100% in lust with a fictional character. I would love him to be real, and I'm sure I would appreciate him far more than Sera will!

The level of heat coming off this book is insane, the chemistry between Sera and Ben is sizzling, and I was loving the d
Faye
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a quick and adorable read! Even the second time around- mind you it was even better! It's funny, quirky and sexy. It was one of a kind, and gave me all the feels! You could really immerse yourself into the main character, the embarrassing parts my gosh it even hurt! I've laughed out loud far too many times, until my sides hurt. A definite must read for fans of a cute rom-com!!
Jo-The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
I've wanted to read a Jo Watson novel for a while now so I jumped at the chance to review"Love to Hate You." And it truly was the best decision because this was a fantastic story. A story that became more and more addictive with each new chapter. I was so hooked on Ben and Sera's romance that I didn't stop reading until my kindle battery died and I had no option.

"Your touch is like a drug and all I want is my next hit."

The story of Ben and Sera was a passionate, fiery and highly amusing read.
Lisa-Books Smiles
3.5 stars.
Read in April
sonia
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: one-two-star
There are only two ways that an office romance can work (when it's employee/boss). The first being that it's a novella. No one, and I mean no one wants a full length novel of should I or shouldn't I. The second is that the girl is tough as nails and she just does not give a fuck.

This book wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. The book starts off with the h and H banging in a car which is something she never does. Just to find out when she gets to work that next morning, he's her new boss. T
Rebecca

This book was utterly ridiculous but very fun. I admit I hadn't a clue it was set in South Africa at first as I was reading through and obviously not paying attention but it was fun to read a book set somewhere different for once.

But onto why this book was ridiculous. It was so OTT and yes it did having me laughing and smiling to myself and it did have rom-coms vibes but if I hadn't been in the mood for a light easy read I might have hated it. Luckily, I was in the mood for it so it wor
Noemi Proietti
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sera doesn't do relationships, she is too busy with her messed-up family, her job, and her friends and flatmates Bruce and JJ. And she doesn't do one-night-stands either, until one night she meets a gorgeous man in a club and she sleeps with him in his car before walking away. She wishes she could forget all about it, but it's not easy when it turns out that the gorgeous man is her new boss and he claims to be in love with her. The more she tries to avoid him, the more she spends time with him, ...more
Fran
I really need to thank my bestie Silvia for convincing me to give this book a go, and for knowing my taste in books better than I do! 😛

I really enjoyed this story, it was such a refreshing read! Although I am in my late thirties, and Sera is in her early thirties, I very much related to her, as for once I wasn’t reading about a next-door-girl who is shy and reserved, but suddenly becomes the next man-eater who is a pro at flirting. This was completely different and I loved it, because I simply t
Emilie
Oct 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had a lot of problems with this book but my main concern was the male lead; Ben White is a creepy af stalker, who's manipulative, possessive and doesn't take no for an answer. I can't stress enough how messed up this character is and it honestly scared me.

The plot was filled with unnecessary drama which didn't really get resolved properly except for a very quick, unrealistic fix at the end/the epilogue. The book wasn't badly written but the language seemed very juvenile.

I wouldn't recommend t
Tara
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's ok if you like a light hearted, unrealistic read. I must admit I didn't notice it was set in South Africa till about 40% of the way through when someone mentioned about travelling back to Johannesburg🙈🙈 Anyway, there was too many cliche characters and small inconsistencies for me to really enjoy. For example the very first chapter she says she blames the vodka and being so drunk for the 'car sex with a stranger' (which ultimately turns out to be her boss!) but then goes on to run away from ...more
Schmunzelrapunzel
Pure guilty pleasure read.
it was nice but a bit too much new-adulty: Ultimate bad boy confesses love to dedicated & driven, young Ms. Perfect with problematic past.
It was all a bit too convenient / unrealistic but overall a cute read.
Adela
Mar 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So badly and childishly written. Ew, just read The Hating Game instead.
Vicki
I laughed SO MUCH. The story wasn’t anything new or ground-breaking but, oh how I laughed! It was the kind of ridiculous romcom humour that makes you feel two things simultaneously:
1) I wish I was that funny and flighty
2) This is incredibly unrealistic; no-one talks like that and no-one would be OK with that.
I had a big ol’grin on my face the entire time I was reading this book; even though the ending was rushed and out-of-place and there was some characterisation that made me side-eye (gay d
Marivi Sanz
This book gives exactly what it promises: a funny romantic comedy, and given that most of the books that promise it don't deliver, I give this one 3.5 stars.

Sera, out of character, has an amazing one-night stand with a guy called Ben, with an epic walk of shame, only to discover that Ben is her new boss. There are absurdly funny situations, a wise and crazy couple of gay dads, and a persistent hero who ends up getting what he wants.

It's not life-changing, but it's an entertaining read.
Girly2k20
It was a short, fun read. Nothing really special or unique to it, basically exactly what its described as in the title: an "irresistibly fun, romantic rom-com". I've read my fair share of these, one every now and then that isn't too heavy. Just something to balance other current reads. So with that purpose in mind it did a good job.

At this point your probably wondering , but isn't 2 stars bad? Well, not necessarily no. I kind of class two stars as mediocre or ok. Not bad but not good. Just ok.
Shauni
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! The main charachters were both wonderful and I enjoyed reading their story. When Ben told the truth about his past I cried. The whole book gave a lot of feels. It even made me miss having a relationship and that doens't happen a lot. I've read the ebook but planning on buying a physical copy too soon.
Danielle
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whilst predictable, I still found this book very enjoyable to read. I found myself trying to read this book at every available moment!
Leanne Crabtree
3.5 stars.

I'm not normally a fan of romantic comedies as such and this one didn't make me laugh, I thought it was a bit ridiculous in places but putting that aside I did like the romance part. Though admittedly, I didn't quite get that part to start with either.

Ben just seemed really determined for her to fall for him and they'd literally only met that night at the club. I had to keep reading just to find out why Ben had fallen for her so easily. And the reason surprised me a little but why not
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Lost Children (Oonagh O'Neil #1)
  • Tied Up with Love
  • A Christmas Wedding
  • The Baby Diaries
  • Girlhood
  • Versehentlich verliebt
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Viva Las Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #5 Buffy Season 1)
  • The Last White Knight
  • The Prince's Nanny
  • Paging Aphrodite
  • Tomorrow Will Be Too Late
  • Saved from Sin
  • Differently Normal
  • Merry
Award-winning writer of romantic comedies. Collector of colorful, kitsch things that usually sparkle. Adidas addict, Depeche Mode devotee and proud Wattpad writer!

Jo loves telling stories and above everything, considers herself a storyteller- no matter what the medium. After graduating with an honors degree in theater, she has worked in numerous creative fields. She's mainly worked as a TV script
“They contributed one third of the fee, meaning you had to fork out the other third.” 0 likes
“Suddenly a cheesy Justin Bieber song filled the room, something about saying sorry and now he was yodeling about her body, or something. His voice echoed around the room, I cringed and then I skipped to the next song.” 0 likes